Resort Nursing Home is one of just three available facilities located in Arverne, New York. With an overall grade of B+, this is a strong nursing home. This actually turned out to be the highest graded nursing home in Arverne. The best aspect of this facility's strong report card was its inspection grade. Inspection reports are discussed in the next section
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
Resort Nursing Home
- Nursing Home
- Memory Care
Updated Nov 1, 2023 by Nick Lata
Get pricing and details on Arverne senior living options.Get Pricing
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- For profit - Individual
- Offers Hospice
- Offers Post-Acute Care
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Speech Therapy
- Amputee Recovery
- IV Antibiotic Therapy
- Wound Care
- Occupational Therapy
- Tracheotomy Care
- Diabetes Management
- Physical Therapy
- Respiratory Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
- Recreational Therapy
- Bariatric Care
- Orthopedic Rehabilitation
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
Registered Staff Hours
We also wanted to point out that this nursing home has received near flawless inspections in recent years. We gave them an impressive grade of A+ in this area. We take several aspects of a facility's inspection report into consideration in computing our inspection ratings. One of those factors is deficiencies. It should be noted that the severity of deficiencies is usually more important than the quantity of deficiencies, as some of these are quite minor. Fortunately, although this place had some minor dings on its government inspection report, it had no severe deficiencies. Severe deficiencies are those found in categories G, H, I, J, K and L. This tells you that the government inspectors did not consider any of the deficiencies on this facility's report to pose an imminent threat to patient health or safety. Finally, this facility had no substantiated complaints this year from residents, which is an excellent sign.
Long-term Care Quality
This nursing home received a favorable long-term care grade as well. We gave it one of our better grades in that category with a score of B+. Facilities that excel in this category typically provide patients with more supervision and stay on top of routine healthcare services. Once we concluded our assessment of the amount of nursing care, we then looked at the facility's vaccination record. This nursing home vaccinated 99.53988 percent of its residents for pneumonia, which is an impressive figure. Pneumonia can be a life threatening condition for nursing home residents so we strongly prefer when a nursing home doesn't leave its residents vulnerable. Clearly, this facility is doing something right in this area as it was able to keep its patients out of the hospital. It had less than one hospitalization per 1,000 long-term resident days, which is an impressively low number.
Does this page answer your questions about Resort Nursing Home?
Short-term Care Quality
Turning to an additional strength for this nursing home, we gave them one of our more positive scores in our short-term care category as well, with a grade of B+. In the area of short-term care, we strive to qualify measures of a nursing home's rehabilitation. We assess a nursing home's skilled nursing services, including the ones performed by registered nurses and physical therapists. Fortunately, it appear that this nursing home has registered nurses on staff. Not every nursing home employs these skilled professionals. However, according to the data this nursing home provided, it does not look like the facility employs physical therapists. The last metric we assessed in this area is the number of residents that who were able to eventually return home from the facility. We found that 0 percent of this nursing home's patients returned home as opposed to remaining at the facility on a permanent basis.
The last category we assessed turned out to be this facility's weakest area. However, even in its worst category we still gave it a respectable grade of C in our nursing category. Nursing scores are based in large part on levels of nurse staffing. This nursing home provided just 0.3 hours of nursing care per resident each day. This is a low total compared to most nursing homes. Lastly, despite not having the most impressive total nursing hours per resident, this place actually performed admirably in the area of preventing major falls. This is generally a good indicator that a nursing home has quality controls in place.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Resort Nursing Home Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Resort Nursing Home, 21.71% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This figure is a measure of the percentage of long-term residents that suffered from new or worsened pressure ulcers or bed sores. We bake this statistic into our nursing grades.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Resort Nursing Home, 1.07% of Patients had Serious Falls
This is the percent of residents that have had a fall leading to serious injury.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Resort Nursing Home, 2.22% of Patients had UTIs
This figure indicates the percent of long-term care patients that have suffered from urinary tract infections. Although a higher rate of these infections could reflect poorly on a nursing home's cleanliness, it can be problematic to compare between facilities due to inconsistent reporting standards.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Resort Nursing Home, 11.36% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This metric measures the percent of long-term residents receiving antipsychotic drugs. While antipsychotic drugs serve an important medical purpose, it is important to make sure these medications are being used only where medically required. In limited situations, increased usage of these drugs may mean that a nursing home is using these drugs to subdue residents.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Resort Nursing Home, 5.13% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This tells you the percentage of residents given antianxiety medications. These medications are generally given to patients suffering from depression and anxiety.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Resort Nursing Home, 6.51% of Patients
This metric measures the percentage of long-term care patients demonstrating signs of depression. Many believe this is a reasonable measure of quality of care.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Resort Nursing Home, 99.77% of Patients
This metric measures the percent of long-term patients who received the flu and pneumonia vaccines.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Resort Nursing Home, 5.44% of Patients
This tells you the percent of patients who needed increased assistance with activities of daily living over time. High levels of needing for assistance with ADL's may be a sign of deterioration of a resident's medical condition.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Resort Nursing Home, 2.14% of Residents
This indicates the percentage of residents that were able to retain mobility over time. Retaining mobility is usually a good sign for residents' health.
In Resort Nursing Home, 0.02 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
This tells you the number of hospitalizations per thousand days of care.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Resort Nursing Home, 2.14% of Residents Rehospitalized
This indicates the number of times residents are rehospitalized per thousand days of short-term care. There is typically a correlation between staying out of the hospital and a nursing home's quality of short-term rehabilitation.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Resort Nursing Home, 12.8% of Patients
This datapoint measures the number of times residents are sent to the emergency room per 1,000 days of short-term patient care.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Resort Nursing Home, 70.52% of Resident
This tells you the percentage of short-term care residents who saw functional improvements, such as enhanced ability to perform activities of daily living.
- St John's Episcopal Hospital at South ShoreAcute Care Hospitals 2.35 miles away327 Beach 19th Street Far Rockaway New York 11691Voluntary non-profit - Church(718) 869-7000
- Brookdale Hospital Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 7.28 miles away1 Brookdale Plaza Brooklyn New York 11212Voluntary non-profit - Private(718) 240-5966
- Jamaica Hospital Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 7.58 miles away89th Avenue and Van Wyck Expressway Richmond Hill New York 11418Voluntary non-profit - Private(718) 262-6000
- New York Community Hospital of Brooklyn, Inc.Acute Care Hospitals 7.94 miles away2525 Kings Highway Brooklyn New York 11229Voluntary non-profit - Private(718) 692-5302
- Kingsbrook Jewish Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 8.37 miles away585 Schenectady Avenue Brooklyn New York 11203Voluntary non-profit - Private(718) 604-5789
- Queens Hospital CenterAcute Care Hospitals 8.62 miles away82-68 164th Street Jamaica New York 11432Government - Local(718) 883-3000
- Kings County Hospital CenterAcute Care Hospitals 8.7 miles away451 Clarkson Avenue Brooklyn New York 11203Government - Local(718) 245-3901
- University Hospital of Brooklyn ( Downstate )Acute Care Hospitals 8.7 miles away445 Lenox Road Brooklyn New York 11203Government - State(718) 270-1000
- Marjorie Basser Dialysis Center2.3 miles awaySt. John's Episcopal Hospital 327 Beach 19th Street, Dialysis Unit Far Rockaway New York 11691Dialysis Stations: 15 (718) 869-7637
- Rockaway Hd LLC2.31 miles away529 Beach 20th Street Far Rockaway New York 11691Dialysis Stations: 16 (718) 327-4503
- Peninsula Continuum Services LLC2.76 miles away50-15 Beach Channel Drive Far Rockaway New York 11691Dialysis Stations: 20 (718) 734-2190
- Springfield Dialysis Center4.95 miles away134-35 Springfield Boulevard Springfield Gardens New York 11413CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 24 (718) 978-1233
- Woodmere Dialysis LLC5.42 miles awayFive Towns Premier Nursing and Rehabilitation 1050 Central Avenue Woodmere New York 11598Dialysis Stations: 14 (516) 791-5277
- Four Seasons Dialysis Center LLC.6.24 miles away1170 East 98th Street Brooklyn New York 11236CMS Rating: 2 stars Dialysis Stations: 25 (718) 223-2100
- Rogosin Institute-Nephrology Foundation of Brooklyn East6.35 miles away2372 Linden Boulevard Brooklyn New York 11208CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 24 (646) 317-0720
- Davita Queens Dialysis Center6.35 miles away118-01 Guy R. Brewer Boulevard Jamaica New York 11434CMS Rating: 2 stars Dialysis Stations: 21 (718) 341-6711