Resort Nursing Home is one of just three available facilities located in Arverne, New York. With an overall grade of B, this appears to be a fine option. This actually turned out to be the highest graded nursing home in Arverne. The best aspect of this facility's strong report card was its inspection grade. Inspection reports are discussed in the next section
Resort Nursing Home
- Nursing Home
- Memory Care
Updated Jun 1, 2022 by Nick Lata
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- For profit - Individual
- Offers Hospice
- Offers Post-Acute Care
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Speech Therapy
- Amputee Recovery
- IV Antibiotic Therapy
- Wound Care
- Occupational Therapy
- Tracheotomy Care
- Diabetes Management
- Physical Therapy
- Respiratory Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
- Recreational Therapy
- Bariatric Care
- Orthopedic Rehabilitation
Registered Staff Hours
To go along with its strong overall grade, we awarded this nursing home a grade of A+ for our inspections rating. We weigh several aspects of a nursing home's inspection report in calculating our inspection grades. One critical factor is health deficiencies. You should keep in mind that the severity of deficiencies is usually more important than the number of deficiencies, as some of these end up being quite insignificant. Fortunately, although this place had a few minor dings on its government inspection report, it had no severe deficiencies. Severe deficiencies are those found in categories G through L. This means that the government inspectors didn't deem any of the deficiencies on this facility's report to pose an imminent threat to patient safety or health. Finally, this facility had no substantiated complaints this year from residents, which is an excellent sign.
Long-term Care Quality
This nursing home was given high grades in the category of long-term care as well. In fact, it received one of our most elite grades in that category with a score of A-. When facilities receive this type of score in this category it is usually a good sign for resident care and indicates that the facility is well-staffed with nurses and aids. In addition to assessing the volume of care provided by nurses and other staff, we analyzed the number of residents vaccinated for pneumonia. This nursing home administered the vaccine to 99.64789 percent of its patients, which is an impressive figure. Pneumonia is often a deadly illness for nursing home residents so we like it when a facility doesn't leave this to chance. Lastly, this facility was able to limit hospitalizations. In fact, it had less than one hospitalization per one thousand long-term resident days, which is a remarkably low figure.
Does this page answer your questions about Resort Nursing Home?
Next, we looked at the nursing category where we awarded this nursing home a grade of C. This facility didn't perform quite as well in this category as it did in some other categories. Nevertheless, this is still a respectable score. Our nursing score assesses the facility's level of nurse staffing. We look at both the levels of licensure of those nurses as well as the amount of time spent with patients. This facility provides 0.4 hours of nursing care per patient daily. This is a lower figure than we were hoping for. Despite having low quantities of nursing care, this nursing home fared better in some of the quality-based metrics we assessed. In fact, it scored well in terms of avoiding major falls and pressure ulcers. Many consider these areas to be indicators of the quality of nursing care. In many cases, the quality of nursing care is every bit as important as the number of hours of care offered.
Short-term Care Quality
This nursing home's least impressive area is short-term care, which is the final area we analyzed. In this category, we gave this nursing home a grade of just D. In the area of short-term care, we try to assess indicators of a facility's rehabilitation services. We assess a facility's skilled nursing services, such as those performed by registered nurses and physical, occupational and other therapists. Unfortunately, we learned that this facility provided fewer physical therapist and registered nurse hours per resident than most other facilities. Finally, we considered the percentage of patients who were able to return to the community from this facility. We found that just 2.9 percent of this facility's patients returned home.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Resort Nursing Home Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Resort Nursing Home, 9.62% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This metric measures the percentage of long-term care residents which are suffering from pressure ulcers . We factor in this statistic in computing both nursing and long-term care grades.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Resort Nursing Home, 3.04% of Patients had Serious Falls
This is the percentage of residents who suffered from a major fall. Falls leading to major injuries are often linked to lower levels of patient supervision. Additional nurse staffing reduces the percentage of residents in a nursing home who sustain major falls.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Resort Nursing Home, 2.08% of Patients had UTIs
This tells you the percentage of residents who suffered from a urinary tract infection. Urinary tract infections are routinely the result of poor nursing care. More frequent bathing reduces the number likelihood of residents sustaining infections. Note that this datapoint is affected by by the fact that facilities have different reporting standards for infections.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Resort Nursing Home, 11.61% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This tells you the percent of residents who were prescribed antipsychotic medications. These medications may be used for several medical conditions, such as Alzheimer's or other dementias.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Resort Nursing Home, 13.28% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This figure tells you the percent of long-term patients taking antianxiety drugs.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Resort Nursing Home, 13.6% of Patients
This indicates the percentage of residents who are demonstrating symptoms of depression.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Resort Nursing Home, 91.89% of Patients
This tells you the percentage of patients that have received the pneumonia and flu vaccines. High vaccination rates should be demanded by residents.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Resort Nursing Home, 14.66% Percentage of Patients
This datapoint measures the percentage of long-term stay patients that required increased assistance with activities of daily living over time. ADL's include activities such as taking medications and continence. Some experts believe that this is a reasonable measure of a patient's well-being.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Resort Nursing Home, 18.82% Percentage of Residents
This indicates the percentage of patients that retained mobility levels over time. Preserving mobility is usually a great sign for residents' well-being.
In Resort Nursing Home, 1.2 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
This datapoint is a measure of the number of times residents are hospitalized per thousand days of patient care.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Resort Nursing Home, 18.82 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This metric measures the number of times residents are rehospitalized per thousand days of short-term patient care.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Resort Nursing Home, 8.77 Percentage of Patients
This indicates the number of emergency room visits per thousand days of short-term patient care.
- St John's Episcopal Hospital at South ShoreAcute Care Hospitals 2.35 miles away327 Beach 19th Street Far Rockaway New York 11691Voluntary non-profit - Church(718) 869-7000
- Brookdale Hospital Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 7.28 miles away1 Brookdale Plaza Brooklyn New York 11212Voluntary non-profit - Private(718) 240-5966
- Jamaica Hospital Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 7.58 miles away89th Avenue and Van Wyck Expressway Richmond Hill New York 11418Voluntary non-profit - Private(718) 262-6000
- New York Community Hospital of Brooklyn, Inc.Acute Care Hospitals 7.94 miles away2525 Kings Highway Brooklyn New York 11229Voluntary non-profit - Private(718) 692-5302
- Kingsbrook Jewish Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 8.37 miles away585 Schenectady Avenue Brooklyn New York 11203Voluntary non-profit - Private(718) 604-5789
- Queens Hospital CenterAcute Care Hospitals 8.62 miles away82-68 164th Street Jamaica New York 11432Government - Local(718) 883-3000
- Kings County Hospital CenterAcute Care Hospitals 8.7 miles away451 Clarkson Avenue Brooklyn New York 11203Government - Local(718) 245-3901
- University Hospital of Brooklyn ( Downstate )Acute Care Hospitals 8.7 miles away445 Lenox Road Brooklyn New York 11203Government - State(718) 270-1000
- Marjorie Basser Dialysis Center2.3 miles awaySt. John's Episcopal Hospital 327 Beach 19th Street, Dialysis Unit Far Rockaway New York 11691Dialysis Stations: 15 (718) 869-7637
- Rockaway Hd LLC2.31 miles away529 Beach 20th Street Far Rockaway New York 11691Dialysis Stations: 16 (718) 327-4503
- Peninsula Continuum Services LLC2.76 miles away50-15 Beach Channel Drive Far Rockaway New York 11691Dialysis Stations: 20 (718) 734-2190
- Springfield Dialysis Center4.95 miles away134-35 Springfield Boulevard Springfield Gardens New York 11413CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 24 (718) 978-1233
- Woodmere Dialysis LLC5.42 miles awayFive Towns Premier Nursing and Rehabilitation 1050 Central Avenue Woodmere New York 11598Dialysis Stations: 14 (516) 791-5277
- Four Seasons Dialysis Center LLC.6.24 miles away1170 East 98th Street Brooklyn New York 11236CMS Rating: 2 stars Dialysis Stations: 25 (718) 223-2100
- Rogosin Institute-Nephrology Foundation of Brooklyn East6.35 miles away2372 Linden Boulevard Brooklyn New York 11208CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 24 (646) 317-0720
- Davita Queens Dialysis Center6.35 miles away118-01 Guy R. Brewer Boulevard Jamaica New York 11434CMS Rating: 2 stars Dialysis Stations: 21 (718) 341-6711