Brentwood Nursing Home is in Warwick, Rhode Island, a city with a total of 77,398 people. It looks like this nursing home is among the most elite nursing homes we found. It received one of the top ratings that we offer. In fact, we were so impressed with this nursing home that we ranked it as one of the top three nursing homes in Warwick. Headlining this place's stellar report card is its inspection reports, which we will address in the next section.
Brentwood Nursing Home
- Nursing Home
Updated Jun 1, 2022 by Nick Lata
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- For profit - Limited Liability company
- Offers Hospice
- Offers Respite Care
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Personal Care
- Medication Management
- Home Making
- Speech Therapy
- Stroke Recovery
- Occupational Therapy
- Cardiac Therapy
- Physical Therapy
- Respiratory Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
- Recreational Therapy
- Orthopedic Rehabilitation
Registered Staff Hours
In addition to faring well overall, this nursing home also earned nearly flawless government inspections. Therefore, it earned one of our best scores in that area with an A+. Arguably the most critical factor we consider in computing our inspection grades is deficiencies. These deficiencies can be found on a facility's inspection reports. Nursing homes with better scores in this category most likely dodged the more severe deficiencies involving health risks or even death. We were not able to track down deficiency counts for this nursing home. Finally, this facility had no substantiated complaints this year from residents, which is an excellent sign.
Short-term Care Quality
This facility also was superb in the category of short-term care, where we gave it a score of A. Few facilities fared better in this area. In crafting our short-term care scores, we quantify the facility's skilled nursing services, such as those performed by registered nurses, occupational therapists, physical therapists and other types of therapists. The purpose is to devise a tool for sizing up the rehabilitation services of different nursing homes. Fortunately, it appear that this nursing home has registered nurses on staff. Not all nursing homes employs these types of nurses. However, based on the data this nursing home provided, it does not look like the facility employs physical therapists. Lastly, we considered the percentage of patients who eventually returned home from this nursing home. We found that 6.5 percent of this facility's residents were able to return home.
Does this page answer your questions about Brentwood Nursing Home?
Long-term Care Quality
Additionally, this facility also was given favorable long-term care grades this year. In fact, we gave them one of our higher scores in that area, with a score of B+. Nursing homes that do well in this category tend to be well-staffed and provide extensive hands on care to patients. One of the datapoints we considered after nursing hours is vaccinations. This facility administered the pneumonia vaccination to 100 percent of its residents. Vaccination is a proven method to minimize unnecessary hospitalizations for the senior population. Lastly, this nursing home was able to limit hospitalizations. Indeed, it had less than one hospitalization per 1,000 long-term resident days, which is an impressively low number.
Moving on to the fourth category, this facility was given an extremely favorable nursing rating. Even though this wasn't quite as strong as some of its other grades, this is nevertheless one of our more favorable scores we offer. Our nursing score assesses quite a few factors, but the most important consideration is the level of nurse hours per patient per week. This nursing home provides 0.3 hours of nursing care per resident per day. Finally, we also assessed some nursing quality-based metrics in determining our nursing grades. This facility performed very well when it comes to avoiding major falls and pressure ulcers. We consider these areas to be good indicators of the quality of nursing care.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Brentwood Nursing Home Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Brentwood Nursing Home, 7.54% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This tells you the percentage of patients who suffered from a pressure ulcer. Pressure ulcers, which are also known as bed sores, are routinely caused by residents staying in one position for too long. Better nursing protocols can reduce the number of pressure ulcers sustained by residents in a nursing home.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Brentwood Nursing Home, 3.81% of Patients had Serious Falls
This indicates the percent of long-term patients which have sustained a fall which resulted in major injury. Falls can arise for a variety of reasons, but high rates of falls resulting in injuries may be a sign of lower quality nursing care.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Brentwood Nursing Home, 2.72% of Patients had UTIs
This is the percent of patients who sustained a urinary tract infection. UTI's are often linked to facilities with worst hygiene practices. More frequent bathing reduces the percentage of residents in a nursing home who suffer from UTI's. Note that this statistic is sometimes skewed by the fact that facilities have varying reporting standards for urinary tract infections.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Brentwood Nursing Home, 17.75% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This is the percent of residents who were given antipsychotic drugs. While antipsychotic medications may be vital to many patients, it is important to make sure these medications are being used appropriately. In some cases, increased usage of these drugs may suggest that a nursing home is using these medications to control patient behavior.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Brentwood Nursing Home, 15.06% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This is the percent of residents prescribed antianxiety drugs. These medications are prescribed to patients suffering from anxiety or depression.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Brentwood Nursing Home, 2.96% of Patients
This is a measure of the percentage of long-term stay residents demonstrating depressive symptoms.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Brentwood Nursing Home, 94.59% of Patients
This is a measure of the percentage of long-term residents that were vaccinated against pneumonia and flu.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Brentwood Nursing Home, 17.47% Percentage of Patients
This is the percent of residents that needed more assistance with activities of daily living over time.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Brentwood Nursing Home, 23.44% Percentage of Residents
This metric is a measure of the percent of long-term residents that were able to retain mobility. Some argue that the ability to move around is important for residents' mental and physical well-being.
In Brentwood Nursing Home, 1.17 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
This tells you the number of times residents are hospitalized per thousand days of care.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Brentwood Nursing Home, 23.44 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
Measures the number of times residents are rehospitalized per 1,000 days of short-term resident care. Keeping residents out of the hospital during rehabilitation is critical to restoring the physical well-being of residents.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Brentwood Nursing Home, 11.31 Percentage of Patients
This is a measure of the number of times residents are sent to the emergency room per 1,000 days of short-term care. Avoiding emergency medical situations is one way to measure patient well-being during rehabilitation.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Brentwood Nursing Home, 77.51% Percentage of Resident
This metric is a measure of the percentage of short-term care patients who saw functional improvements.
Scores for Warwick, RI
- Overall Rating has a grade of A-minus
- Nurse Rating has a grade of B-plus
- Long-term Care Rating has a grade of B
- Short-term Care Rating has a grade of A-minus
- Inspection Rating has a grade of A
Looking for more options? Warwick, Rhode Island has 5 other nursing homes
- Kent County Memorial HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 2.05 miles away455 Toll Gate Rd Warwick Rhode Island 02886Proprietary(401) 737-7010
- Emma Pendleton Bradley HospitalPsychiatric 8.92 miles away1011 Veterans Memorial Parkway Riverside Rhode Island 02915Voluntary non-profit - Private(401) 432-1000
- Women & Infants Hospital of Rhode IslandAcute Care Hospitals 9.21 miles away101 Dudley Street Providence Rhode Island 02905Voluntary non-profit - Private(401) 274-1100
- Rhode Island HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 9.39 miles away593 Eddy Street Providence Rhode Island 02903Voluntary non-profit - Private(401) 444-4000
- Roger Williams Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 10.67 miles away825 Chalkstone Avenue Providence Rhode Island 02908Proprietary(401) 456-2025
- Our Lady of Fatima HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 12.14 miles away200 High Service Avenue Providence Rhode Island 02904Proprietary(401) 456-3000
- The Miriam HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 12.21 miles away164 Summit Avenue Providence Rhode Island 02906Voluntary non-profit - Private(401) 793-2500
- Saint Anne's HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 14.66 miles away795 Middle Street Fall River Massachusetts 02721Proprietary(508) 674-5600
- Fresenius Medical Care of Warwick1.79 miles away2814 Post Road Warwick Rhode Island 02886CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 25 (401) 738-4050
- Dialysis Center of West Warwick2.56 miles away1775 Bald Hill Road Warwick Rhode Island 02886CMS Rating: 5 stars Dialysis Stations: 34 (401) 823-8420
- Dialysis Center of Providence8.91 miles away9 Plenty Street Providence Rhode Island 02907Dialysis Stations: 21 (401) 273-4898
- Dialysis Center of Rhode Island Hospital10.25 miles away950 Warren Avenue Suite 101 East Providence Rhode Island 02914Dialysis Stations: 12 (401) 606-1002
- The Dialysis Center of Rhode Island Hospital10.39 miles away22 Baker Street Providence Rhode Island 02905Dialysis Stations: 18 (401) 444-4440
- Dialysis Center of Johnston10.47 miles away1526 Atwood Avenue Johnston Rhode Island 02919CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 21 (401) 521-0400
- Dialysis Center of East Providence10.62 miles away318 Waterman Avenue East Providence Rhode Island 02914CMS Rating: 5 stars Dialysis Stations: 21 (401) 435-5200
- Nna of Providence11.45 miles away125 Corliss Street Providence Rhode Island 02904CMS Rating: 5 stars Dialysis Stations: 22 (401) 521-9300