With an address in Cedar Grove, New Jersey, Arbor Glen Center is one of five available nursing homes in this area. Sporting an overall score of A-, this is without a doubt an impressive facility. This nursing home proved to be one of the better facilities in the city, which boasts a strong selection of facilities. This nursing home's strong profile was highlighted by its inspection reports, which is addressed in the next section.
Arbor Glen Center
- Nursing Home
Updated Sep 1, 2022 by Nick Lata
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- For profit - Corporation
- Offers Hospice
- Offers Respite Care
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Personal Care
- Medication Management
- Home Making
- Medical Transportation
- Speech Therapy
- Amputee Recovery
- IV Antibiotic Therapy
- Palliative Care
- Wound Care
- Occupational Therapy
- Mental Health
- Physical Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
- Recreational Therapy
- Pain Management
- Bariatric Care
- Colostomy Care
- Orthopedic Rehabilitation
Registered Staff Hours
In addition to being a great overall grade, this facility also received A+ health inspections in recent years. Its inspections were virtually flawless. Inspection scores account for several factors found on a facility's inspection report. One of the most important criteria we weigh heavily is the quantity and severity of deficiencies. Facilities with better scores in this category tend to have very few of these severe deficiencies. This particular nursing home had just a single deficiency on its inspection report and it was not one deemed to pose a threat to patient health or safety. Even some of the best nursing homes receive an occasional ding on their inspection report.
Short-term Care Quality
This nursing home also received a strong short-term care grade. This actually turned out to be this nursing home's second best category score. In that category, we gave this facility a score of A. Our short-term care scores are believed to be more meaningful for people requiring a nursing home for rehabilitation. Rehabilitation typically mandates higher levels of skilled nursing. Skilled nursing means not just nursing services, but also physical and occupational therapy, as well as other variations of therapy. Fortunately, it looks like this nursing home employs registered nurses. Not every facility employs these skilled professionals. On the other hand, based on the information this nursing home provided, it does not look like the facility employs physical therapists. Lastly, we assessed the percentage of residents that ultimately were able to return home from this nursing home. We found that 5.9 percent of this facility's residents returned home.
Does this page answer your questions about Arbor Glen Center?
This nursing home also received a very impressive nursing grade. In that area, we awarded this facility a grade of A-. Nursing scores are tied to levels of nurse staffing. This facility provided 0.4 hours of nursing care per resident per day. Lastly, we also looked at some nursing quality measures in determining our nursing grades. This nursing home performed very well when it comes to minimizing its residents' pressure ulcers and major falls. We consider these areas to be good indicators of the quality of nursing care.
Long-term Care Quality
The last area we assessed is long-term care. In this area, we gave this facility a solid grade of B-. This actually ended up being this nursing home's worst category. In the area of long-term care, we focus on the amount of services offered by a nursing home, as opposed to more medically-intensive services. On top of assessing the quantity of care provided by nurses and other staff, we analyzed the percentage of residents vaccinated for pneumonia. This nursing home provided the vaccine to 99.715904 percent of its residents, which is higher than the vast majority of nursing homes. This nursing home was able to keep its residents out of the hospital. Indeed, it had less than one hospitalization per one thousand long-term resident days, which is an impressively low figure.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Arbor Glen Center Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Arbor Glen Center, 9.28% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This indicates the percentage of residents that sustained a pressure ulcer. Pressure ulcers are considered to be a measure of nursing care at a nursing home. Pressure ulcers, which are also called bed sores, are routinely the result of residents staying in one position for too long.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Arbor Glen Center, 2.53% of Patients had Serious Falls
This indicates the percentage of patients who suffered from a fall leading to severe injury.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Arbor Glen Center, 1.65% of Patients had UTIs
This is the percentage of residents that suffered from a urinary tract infection. UTI's are considered by many in the nursing home industry to be a measure of the quality of nursing care at a nursing home. UTI's are routinely associated with worse hygiene protocols. However, this statistic can also be misleading for some facilities due to inconsistent reporting standards for urinary tract infections.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Arbor Glen Center, 10.6% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This tells you the percent of residents prescribed antipsychotic medications. Antipsychotic medications are prescribed to residents for many medical conditions, including cognitive disorders. Tragically, in limited cases, excessive reliance on these medications may mean that a facility is using these drugs to control patient behavior.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Arbor Glen Center, 17.42% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This is an indication of the percent of long-term care patients receiving antianxiety drugs.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Arbor Glen Center, 5.95% of Patients
This datapoint measures the percent of long-term stay patients who are showing depressive symptoms. Some experts believe this is a measure of resident quality of life.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Arbor Glen Center, 91.97% of Patients
This indicates the percent of patients that were administered the pneumonia and flu vaccines. Higher vaccination rates should be demanded by residents.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Arbor Glen Center, 10.68% Percentage of Patients
This is the percent of residents that required additional assistance with activities of daily living over time. Higher levels of needing for assistance with ADL's could be a sign of the decline of a resident's well-being.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Arbor Glen Center, 12.9% Percentage of Residents
This metric is a measure of the percentage of long-term residents that retained mobility levels. Many argue that mobility is important for residents' mental and physical well-being.
In Arbor Glen Center, 1.68 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
Measures the number of times residents are hospitalized per thousand days of patient care.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Arbor Glen Center, 12.9 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This tells you the number of rehospitalizations per 1,000 days of short-term patient care. There is generally a correlation between keeping patients out of the hospital and the quality of rehabilitation services.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Arbor Glen Center, 8.37 Percentage of Patients
Measures the number of times residents are sent to the emergency room per 1,000 days of short-term patient care.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Arbor Glen Center, 80.92% Percentage of Resident
This is a measure of the percent of short-term residents who saw functional improvements, such as enhanced ability to perform activities of daily living. Some argue that this is a measure of a facility's rehabilitation services.
Scores for Cedar Grove, NJ
- Overall Rating has a grade of B-plus
- Nurse Rating has a grade of B-plus
- Long-term Care Rating has a grade of B
- Short-term Care Rating has a grade of B
- Inspection Rating has a grade of A
Looking for more options? Cedar Grove, New Jersey has 4 other nursing homes
- Essex County Hospital CenterPsychiatric 1.68 miles away204 Grove Avenue Cedar Grove New Jersey 07009Government - Local(973) 571-2801
- St Joseph's University Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 4.18 miles away703 Main St Paterson New Jersey 07503Voluntary non-profit - Church(973) 754-2010
- St Mary's General HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 5.32 miles away350 Boulevard Passaic New Jersey 07055Proprietary(973) 365-4300
- Chilton Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 6.84 miles away97 West Parkway Pompton Plains New Jersey 07444Voluntary non-profit - Private(973) 831-5000
- Saint Barnabas Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 8.5 miles away94 Old Short Hills Road Livingston New Jersey 07039Voluntary non-profit - Other(973) 322-5000
- East Orange General HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 8.55 miles away300 Central Ave East Orange New Jersey 07018Voluntary non-profit - Private(973) 266-4401
- Hackensack University Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 9.34 miles away30 Prospect Ave Hackensack New Jersey 07601Voluntary non-profit - Private(551) 996-2000
- University HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 9.62 miles away150 Bergen St Newark New Jersey 07101Government - State(973) 972-5658
- St. Joseph's Wayne Dialysis1.13 miles away57 Willowbrook Blvd Wayne New Jersey 07470Dialysis Stations: 20 (973) 890-2792
- Woodland Park Dialysis Center2.44 miles away1225 Mcbride Ave Suite 100 Little Falls New Jersey 07424CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 19 (973) 890-2394
- Fresenius Medical Care North Montclair3.84 miles away114 Valley Road Montclair New Jersey 07042CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 19 (973) 744-2058
- Mountainside Hospital3.93 miles awayDialysis Unit 1 Bay Avenue Montclair New Jersey 07042Dialysis Stations: 30 (973) 429-6767
- St. Joseph's Sjrmc Dialysis4.19 miles away703 Main Street r2n Paterson New Jersey 07503Dialysis Stations: 8 (973) 754-3570
- St. Joseph's Paterson Dialysis4.35 miles away11 Getty Avenue 275 Hospital Plaza Paterson New Jersey 07503CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 60 (973) 684-3490
- Physicians Dialysis Passaic4.98 miles away10 Clifton Blvd Clifton New Jersey 07011CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 27 (973) 594-9100
- Ara Clifton Dialysis Center5.31 miles away251 Clifton Avenue Unit A Clifton New Jersey 07011Dialysis Stations: 13 (973) 546-3750