Woodcliff Lake Health & Rehabilitation Center is a nursing home in Woodcliff Lake, New Jersey, a city with a total of 5,730 people. With an overall rating of A-, this facility is ranked among the more impressive facilities we assessed. This is just about as good of a nursing home as you're going to find. The best aspect of this facility's impressive profile was its inspection grade. Inspection reports are discussed in the next paragraph
Woodcliff Lake Health & Rehabilitation Center
- Nursing Home
- Memory Care
Updated Jun 1, 2022 by Nick Reese
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- No Resident Council
- No Family Council
- For profit - Corporation
- Offers Hospice
- Offers Post-Acute Care
- Offers Respite Care
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Home Making
- Medical Transportation
- Speech Therapy
- Stroke Recovery
- Amputee Recovery
- IV Antibiotic Therapy
- Wound Care
- Occupational Therapy
- Cardiac Therapy
- Tracheotomy Care
- Diabetes Management
- Physical Therapy
- Respiratory Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
- Recreational Therapy
- Pain Management
- Oncology Care
- Colostomy Care
- Orthopedic Rehabilitation
Registered Staff Hours
One of the many reasons this turned out to be a quality nursing home is that it received an A+ inspection grade. This is simply as good as it gets in this critical category. Inspection grades weigh several factors included in a facility's inspection report. One key criteria we consider is the number and severity of deficiencies. Places with higher grades in this area tend to have few of these severe deficiencies. Unfortunately, we were not able to track down deficiency counts for this nursing home. Finally, this facility had no substantiated complaints this year from residents, which is an excellent sign.
Long-term Care Quality
This facility also was superb in the category of long-term care, where we awarded it a grade of A. Only a select group of facilities performed better in this category. When facilities receive a score in this range in this category it typically means it's well-staffed and is an overall good place to live on a permanent basis. Once we finished looking at the quantity of nursing care, we turned to the facility's vaccination statistics. This facility vaccinated 100 percent of its patients against pneumonia, which is an impressive figure. Pneumonia is too frequently a dangerous illness for nursing home residents so we like it when a nursing home doesn't take any chances. Clearly, this facility is doing something right in this area as it was able to keep its residents out of the hospital. It had only 0.02 hospitalizations per 1,000 long-term resident days, which is an impressively low number.
Does this page answer your questions about Woodcliff Lake Health & Rehabilitation Center?
Short-term Care Quality
This facility is also above average in the category of short-term care, where it was awarded a score of B+. It outperformed most nursing homes in this category. Our short-term care ratings are crucial for patients in need of rehabilitation. Rehabilitation usually requires more skilled nursing services. This means a vast spectrum of services, spanning from registered nurses to physical and respiratory therapists, as well as other forms of therapy. Fortunately, it appear that this facility employs registered nurses. Not every nursing home employs these types of nurses. However, based on the information they provided, they do not appear to employ physical therapists. Finally, we assessed the percentage of residents who were able to return to the community from this nursing home. We found that 5.6 percent of this nursing home's patients returned home.
The final category we rated is nursing. We gave this nursing home an acceptable score in that area, with a B-. Although this is not on par with some of its other scores, it is still nothing to be ashamed of. Our nursing rating weighs several subcategories, many of which are associated with quantities of nurse staffing. This place provides 0.4 hours of nursing care per patient per day. This is a much lower figure than we are used to seeing. Lastly, while this facility got dinged a bit for its nursing hours, it excelled in a few of our quality-based measures. With fewer than five percent of its patients suffering from pressure ulcers, it performed remarkably well in this statistic.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Woodcliff Lake Health & Rehabilitation Center Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Woodcliff Lake Health & Rehabilitation Center, 9.57% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This statistic is a measure of the percentage of long-term care residents which are suffering from new or worsened pressure ulcers . We factor in this statistic in computing both nursing and long-term care grades.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Woodcliff Lake Health & Rehabilitation Center, 2.57% of Patients had Serious Falls
This datapoint tells you the percent of long-term stay residents who experienced a fall which resulted in major injury. Falls can arise for a variety of reasons, but high rates of falls resulting in injuries may be a sign of poor nursing care.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Woodcliff Lake Health & Rehabilitation Center, 1.73% of Patients had UTIs
This tells you the percentage of patients who suffered from a urinary tract infection. UTI's are considered to be an indicator of nursing care at a nursing home. UTI's are routinely linked to a facility with lower levels of hygiene. Nevertheless, this datapoint could also be skewed for certain nursing homes due to different reporting standards for these infections.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Woodcliff Lake Health & Rehabilitation Center, 10.75% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This metric is a measure of the percentage of long-term stay residents receiving antipsychotic drugs. While antipsychotic drugs serve an important medical purpose, it is important to ensure these medications are being used appropriately. In some situations, high levels of antipsychotic drug use may suggest that a facility is using these medications to control patient behavior.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Woodcliff Lake Health & Rehabilitation Center, 17.5% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This statistic gauges the percentage of long-term care patients who are given antianxiety medication. These drugs are given to patients experiencing depression or anxiety.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Woodcliff Lake Health & Rehabilitation Center, 5.81% of Patients
This datapoint is a measure of the percent of long-term stay residents showing symptoms of depression. Many argue this is a reasonable measure of quality of life.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Woodcliff Lake Health & Rehabilitation Center, 92% of Patients
This tells you the percentage of residents that were given the flu and pneumonia vaccines. Higher vaccination rates should be the norm at this point.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Woodcliff Lake Health & Rehabilitation Center, 10.99% Percentage of Patients
This tells you the percent of residents that needed additional assistance with activities of daily living over time.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Woodcliff Lake Health & Rehabilitation Center, 14.79% Percentage of Residents
This metric is a measure of the percent of long-term care patients who maintained mobility. Many believe that mobility is vital to residents' well-being.
In Woodcliff Lake Health & Rehabilitation Center, 1.49 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
This datapoint is a measure of the number of hospitalizations per thousand days of patient care.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Woodcliff Lake Health & Rehabilitation Center, 14.79 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This tells you the number of times residents are rehospitalized per 1,000 days of short-term patient care. There is typically a correlation between staying out of the hospital and a nursing homes short-term rehabilitation performance.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Woodcliff Lake Health & Rehabilitation Center, 8.17 Percentage of Patients
This indicates the number of times residents are sent to the emergency room per thousand days of short-term care.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Woodcliff Lake Health & Rehabilitation Center, 80.57% Percentage of Resident
This datapoint measures the percent of short-term stay residents who experienced functional improvements.
- Valley HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 4.62 miles away223 N Van Dien Avenue Ridgewood New Jersey 07450Voluntary non-profit - Private(201) 447-8000
- Hackensack Meridian Health Pascack Valley MedicalAcute Care Hospitals 5.17 miles away250 Old Hook Road Westwood New Jersey 07675Proprietary(201) 383-1035
- Good Samaritan Hospital of SuffernAcute Care Hospitals 5.7 miles away255 Lafayette Avenue Suffern New York 10901Voluntary non-profit - Church(845) 368-5000
- Bergen New Bridge Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 6.06 miles away230 East Ridgewood Ave Paramus New Jersey 07652Government - Local(201) 967-4000
- Nyack HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 8.38 miles away160 North Midland Avenue Nyack New York 10960Voluntary non-profit - Other(845) 348-2000
- St John's Riverside HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 10.95 miles away976 North Broadway Yonkers New York 10701Voluntary non-profit - Private(914) 964-4444
- St Joseph's University Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 11.19 miles away703 Main St Paterson New Jersey 07503Voluntary non-profit - Church(973) 754-2010
- Englewood Hospital and Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 11.2 miles away350 Engle St Englewood New Jersey 07631Voluntary non-profit - Private(201) 894-3000
- Rockland County Dialysis4.64 miles away203 West Route 59 Nanuet New York 10954Dialysis Stations: 20 (845) 501-7590
- Davita Renal Center of Westwood5.39 miles away363 Old Hook Road Westwood New Jersey 07675Dialysis Stations: 18 (201) 664-6649
- Freedom Center of Rockland County, LLC6.82 miles away30 Route 59 Suffern New York 10901CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 31 (845) 357-0452
- Davita Fairlawn Dialysis7.58 miles away18-01 Pollitt Drive Fair Lawn New Jersey 07410CMS Rating: 5 stars Dialysis Stations: 20 (201) 796-3873
- Friedwald Center for Dialysis7.62 miles away475 New Hempstead Road New City New York 10956Dialysis Stations: 9 (845) 678-2000
- Davita Radburn Dialysis7.66 miles away15-00 Pollitt Drive Fair Lawn New Jersey 07410CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 21 (201) 796-1385
- Fresenius Medical Care Paramus7.95 miles away37 West Century Road Suite 108 Paramus New Jersey 07652CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 19 (201) 262-0429
- Freedom Center of Rockland County, LLC8.4 miles away131 Route 303 Valley Cottage New York 10989CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 18 (845) 268-2777