With an address in Evanston, Illinois, Westminster Place is one of seven available facilities in this area. Sporting an overall score of A+, this nursing home outscored many of the facilities in Evanston by a wide margin. This truly is impressive given that the city features some very solid nursing homes. This is really as good of a nursing home as you'll find. Headlining this place's exemplary profile is its short-term care grade, which we will address in the next section.
- Nursing Home
- Independent Living
- Assisted Living
- Memory Care
Updated Sep 1, 2022 by Nick Reese
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- Is CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- Non profit - Other
- Secure Memory Care
- Offers Hospice
- Offers Post-Acute Care
- Offers Respite Care
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Personal Care
- Medication Management
- Home Making
- Medical Transportation
- Speech Therapy
- IV Antibiotic Therapy
- Wound Care
- Occupational Therapy
- Physical Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
- Recreational Therapy
- Aquatic Therapy
Top Nursing Home in Illinois Awards 2019
Top Nursing Home in Illinois Awards 2020
Top Nursing Home in Illinois Awards 2021
Registered Staff Hours
Short-term Care Quality
We also found that this facility excelled in our short-term care rating. We awarded them an impressive grade of A+ in this category. In our short-term care grade, we seek to forge a meaningful barometer for rehabilitation services. In this process, we look at a facility's scope of highly-skilled nursing services, including both registered nurses and physical therapy, as well as speech therapy. Fortunately, it appear that this facility employs registered nurses. Not every nursing home employs these types of nurses. On the other hand, according to the information this nursing home provided, they do not appear to employ physical therapists. The final item we considered in this area is the percentage of residents who were able to leave the facility and return home. We found that 6.3 percent of this facility's patients were able to return home.
Long-term Care Quality
In addition, this nursing home received strong marks in the area of long-term care. As a result, it was given one of our highest scores in that category with a score of A+. For prospective patients seeking a permanent residence as opposed to skilled nursing, long-term care grades are a key measure. Once we concluded our assessment of the quantity of care provided by nurses, we then analyzed the facility's vaccination statistics. This facility vaccinated 87.7193 percent of its patients against pneumonia. Clearly, this facility is doing something right in this area as it was able to keep its residents out of the hospital. It had less than one hospitalization per one thousand long-term resident days, which is a remarkably low number.
Does this page answer your questions about Westminster Place?
Continuing with its amazing performance, this nursing home also earned an A+ inspection score. This is based on the facility's recent inspection reports. An A+ in this category is one of the best complements we can pay to a facility. We take several aspects of a facility's inspection report into consideration in determining our inspection ratings. One critical factor is health deficiencies. It should be noted that the severity of deficiencies is usually more meaningful than the number of deficiencies, as some of these end up being relatively minor. This place was assessed 10 deficiencies on its inspection report, but we were relieved to see that none of the deficiencies were considered to be severe deficiencies. This means that CMS didn't consider any of the deficiencies to cause an imminent threat to patient safety or health. Finally, this facility had no substantiated complaints this year from residents, which is an excellent sign.
In the final category, this nursing home also was given a very strong nursing rating, with an A-. This topped off a straight A profile. Nursing ratings are based in large part on quality and quantity of nursing care. This nursing home provides 0.6 hours of nursing care per resident per day. Finally, our nursing grades also factor in quality-based assessments, such as avoiding major falls. This place performed well in this area. Avoiding major falls is typically a good indicator that a facility has reliable quality controls in place. Major falls can generally be prevented if more nurses aids and better safety protocols are in place.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Westminster Place Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Westminster Place, 8.73% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This tells you the percent of patients that suffered from a pressure ulcer. Pressure ulcers, also known as bed sores, are routinely caused by patients not being moved frequently enough. Better nursing care can limit the number of pressure ulcers sustained by residents in a nursing home.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Westminster Place, 3.45% of Patients had Serious Falls
This indicates the percent of residents that sustained a major fall. Falls resulting in major injury are routinely associated with poor nursing care. Closer supervision limits the number of major falls sustained by residents in a nursing home.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Westminster Place, 2.6% of Patients had UTIs
This indicates the percentage of patients who sustained a urinary tract infection. Urinary tract infections are considered to be a measure of nursing care . UTI's are routinely caused by a facility with lower levels of hygiene. Nevertheless, this statistic can also be misleading for certain nursing homes due to varying reporting standards for urinary tract infections.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Westminster Place, 18.11% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This tells you the percent of residents prescribed antipsychotic medications. These drugs may be used for several conditions, such as cognitive disorders.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Westminster Place, 19.04% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This tells you the percent of residents given antianxiety drugs. Antianxiety drugs are prescribed to residents experiencing anxiety or depression.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Westminster Place, 30.45% of Patients
This indicates the percent of residents who are exhibiting signs of depression.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Westminster Place, 87.4% of Patients
This metric is a measure of the percent of long-term care patients who received the flu and pneumonia vaccines.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Westminster Place, 13.9% Percentage of Patients
This tells you the percentage of patients who needed more assistance with activities of daily living over time.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Westminster Place, 17.56% Percentage of Residents
This indicates the percentage of patients who maintained mobility over time. Optimizing mobility can be a good sign for residents' well-being.
In Westminster Place, 1.66 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
This is a measure of the number of times residents are hospitalized per 1,000 days of patient care. Avoiding hospitalizations is critical to preserving the physical health of residents.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Westminster Place, 17.56 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This indicates the number of rehospitalizations per thousand days of short-term care. There is a correlation between keeping patients out of the hospital and a nursing homes short-term rehabilitation performance.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Westminster Place, 11.82 Percentage of Patients
This is the number of emergency room visits per thousand days of short-term patient care. There is usually a correlation between staying out of the emergency room and the quality of short-term care.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Westminster Place, 71.65% Percentage of Resident
This datapoint is a measure of the percentage of short-term stay patients who experienced functional improvements.
Scores for Evanston, IL
- Overall Rating has a grade of B
- Nurse Rating has a grade of B-minus
- Long-term Care Rating has a grade of B-minus
- Short-term Care Rating has a grade of B-plus
- Inspection Rating has a grade of A
Looking for more options? Evanston, Illinois has 6 other nursing homes
- Northshore University Healthsystem Evanston HospAcute Care Hospitals 2.03 miles away2650 Ridge Ave Evanston Illinois 60201Voluntary non-profit - Other(847) 432-8000
- Presence Saint Francis HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 3.06 miles away355 Ridge Ave Evanston Illinois 60202Voluntary non-profit - Church(847) 316-4000
- Swedish Covenant HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 5.91 miles away5145 N California Ave Chicago Illinois 60625Voluntary non-profit - Church(773) 878-8200
- Methodist Hospital of ChicagoAcute Care Hospitals 6.47 miles away5025 N Paulina Street Chicago Illinois 60640Voluntary non-profit - Private(773) 271-9040
- Advocate Lutheran General HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 6.6 miles away1775 Dempster St Park Ridge Illinois 60068Voluntary non-profit - Church(847) 723-2210
- Presence Resurrection Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 6.75 miles away7435 W Talcott Avenue Chicago Illinois 60631Voluntary non-profit - Church(773) 774-8000
- Aurora Chicago Lakeshore HospitalPsychiatric 7.12 miles away4840 N Marine Dr Chicago Illinois 60640Proprietary(773) 878-9700
- Louis a Weiss Memorial HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 7.4 miles away4646 N Marine Drive Chicago Illinois 60640Proprietary(773) 878-8700
- Fmc - Midamerica Evanston0.45 miles away2953 Central St 1st Floor Evanston Illinois 60201Dialysis Stations: 14 (847) 869-9436
- Davita - Evanston Renal Center1.66 miles away1922 Dempster Street Evanston Illinois 60202CMS Rating: 5 stars Dialysis Stations: 20 (847) 869-5047
- Fmc - Skokie Dialysis1.99 miles away9801 Woods Dr Skokie Illinois 60076Dialysis Stations: 14 (847) 581-1620
- Fmc - Rogers Park3.26 miles away2277 W Howard St Chicago Illinois 60645CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 20 (773) 262-7147
- Center for Renal Replacement, LLC3.27 miles away7301 North Lincoln Ave., Ste 205 Lincolnwood Illinois 60712Dialysis Stations: 16 (847) 675-5555
- Davita - Big Oaks Dialysis4.03 miles away5623 W. Touhy Avenue Niles Illinois 60714Dialysis Stations: 12 (847) 647-3140
- Glen Dialysis5.76 miles away2601 Compass Road Suite 145 Glenview Illinois 60026Dialysis Stations: 16 (847) 657-7574
- Fmc - Niles5.77 miles away9371 Milwaukee Ave. Niles Illinois 60714CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 32 (847) 581-0334