Westminster Place is an average-sized non-profit facility located in Evanston, Illinois. With an overall grade of A+, this facility is one of the most elite nursing homes we looked at. We were so impressed with this facility that we ranked it in the top five percentile of all facilities nationally. Headlining this place's exemplary profile is its short-term care rating, which you can find in the next section.
Updated May 1, 2022 by Nick Lata
3200 Grant Street,
Evanston IL 60201
47.23% estimated occupancy 1
Registered Staff Hours
Short-term Care Quality
To go along with its strong overall score, we gave this nursing home a grade of A+ for its short-term care rating. Our short-term care scores are based on the nursing home's quantity of highly-skilled skilled healthcare professionals. This means a wide spectrum of nursing services, ranging from registered nurses to physical and speech therapists, as well as other types of therapy. This nursing home is substantially above the national average in terms of its quantity of both physical therapy and registered nurse hours provided to its residents. In fact, it provided about 50% more care per resident from both of these care providers than the average facility provided. These are generally good indicators of quality short-term care. The last measure we looked at in this category is the number of patients who were able to leave the nursing home and return to the community. We found that it fared as well as just about any facility in Illinois in this area with 68.5 percent of its residents returning home. With most nursing homes, fewer than half of their short-stay residents are able to return home.
Long-term Care Quality
We also gave this nursing home a score of A+ for its long-term care grade. Long-term care ratings of this caliber generally require both 24/7 care from nurses and aids, as well as quality routine medical care. Although we determined this facility had an impressive amount of nursing care provided by aids and other nursing staff, we found its vaccination rate to be somewhat below average. This facility administered the pneumonia vaccine to just 85.470085 percent of its residents. This is a figure we would really like to see this nursing home improve on. The last statistic we assessed was its hospitalization rate. Here we found that this facility had 2.39 hospitalizations per one thousand long-term resident days.
Does this page answer your questions about Westminster Place?
Amazingly, we also awarded this nursing home yet another A+ in the area of inspections. These inspection scores weigh several factors, including deficiencies and substantiated complaints. You can learn more about each of these issues by reviewing copies of nursing homes' inspection reports. This place was assessed 10 deficiencies on its inspection report, but we were relieved to see that none of the deficiencies were considered to be major deficiencies. This tells you that CMS did not deem any of the deficiencies to pose an immediate threat to resident safety or health. Finally, this facility had no substantiated complaints this year from residents, which is an excellent sign.
In the final category, this facility also was awarded a first-rate nursing rating, with an A-. This completed a rare straight A report card. The nursing grade includes quite a few subcategories, most of which are based on quantities of nurse staffing. This particular facility provided 5.6 hours of nursing care per resident per day. This was one of the highest figures we found. Furthermore, we found that a significant percentage of this care was provided by registered nurses, which are highly skilled nurses. In addition to providing high levels of nursing care, this nursing home also fared well in several of the quality-based metrics we assessed. For example, in terms of the percentage of its patients suffering from pressure ulcers, this facility outpaced the national average. This is generally an indicator that a facility has reliable quality controls. Pressure ulcers can generallY be prevented with better nursing care and a policy of regularly turning patients to prevent bed sores.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Westminster Place Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Westminster Place, 8.96% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This indicates the percentage of patients who have had a pressure ulcer. Pressure ulcers are considered to be an indicator of the quality of nursing care . Pressure ulcers, which are also referred to as bed sores, are routinely caused by residents staying in one position for too long.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Westminster Place, 3.48% of Patients had Serious Falls
This tells you the percentage of patients who have had a fall which caused severe injury.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Westminster Place, 2.6% of Patients had UTIs
This tells you the percentage of residents who have had a urinary tract infection. UTI's are routinely linked to facilities with worst hygiene practices. Better hygiene protocols can limit the number likelihood of residents sustaining infections. Keep in mind that this metric is affected by by the fact that nursing homes have different reporting standards for these infections.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Westminster Place, 18.2% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This statistic is a measure of the percent of long-term residents taking antipsychotic drugs. While antipsychotic medications play an important role in caring for many residents, it is important to make sure these medications are being used appropriately. In limited situations, increased usage of these drugs may mean that a nursing home is using these medications to control patient behavior.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Westminster Place, 19.06% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This datapoint is an indication of the percentage of long-term stay patients that were administered antianxiety drugs. These drugs are given to patients experiencing anxiety and depression.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Westminster Place, 29.52% of Patients
This tells you the percent of residents demonstrating depressive symptoms. Higher rates of depression could be an indicator a lower level of care.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Westminster Place, 87.71% of Patients
Measures the percent of long-term stay patients who received the flu and pneumonia vaccines. Respiratory viruses can be fatal for nursing home residents, making these vaccines vital to patient safety.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Westminster Place, 14.14% Percentage of Patients
This indicates the percentage of residents who required additional assistance with activities of daily living over time. Higher levels of needing for assistance with ADL's could indicate decline of a resident's well-being.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Westminster Place, 19.35% Percentage of Residents
This metric tracks the percentage of long-term stay patients that were able to retain mobility.
In Westminster Place, 1.5 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
This metric measures the number of hospitalizations per thousand days of patient care.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Westminster Place, 19.35 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This tells you the number of rehospitalizations per thousand days of short-term patient care.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Westminster Place, 11.42 Percentage of Patients
This metric is a measure of the number of emergency room visits per thousand days of short-term patient care.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Westminster Place, 71.34% Percentage of Resident
This tells you the percentage of short-term patients that experienced functional improvements, such as enhanced ability to perform activities of daily living. High levels of independence with ADL's typically correlates with successful rehabilitation.
Scores for Evanston, IL
- Overall Rating has a grade of B
- Nurse Rating has a grade of B-minus
- Long-term Care Rating has a grade of B-minus
- Short-term Care Rating has a grade of B-plus
- Inspection Rating has a grade of A
Looking for more options? Evanston, Illinois has 6 other nursing homes
- Northshore University Healthsystem Evanston HospAcute Care Hospitals 2.03 miles away2650 Ridge Ave Evanston Illinois 60201Voluntary non-profit - Other(847) 432-8000
- Presence Saint Francis HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 3.06 miles away355 Ridge Ave Evanston Illinois 60202Voluntary non-profit - Church(847) 316-4000
- Swedish Covenant HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 5.91 miles away5145 N California Ave Chicago Illinois 60625Voluntary non-profit - Church(773) 878-8200
- Methodist Hospital of ChicagoAcute Care Hospitals 6.47 miles away5025 N Paulina Street Chicago Illinois 60640Voluntary non-profit - Private(773) 271-9040
- Advocate Lutheran General HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 6.6 miles away1775 Dempster St Park Ridge Illinois 60068Voluntary non-profit - Church(847) 723-2210
- Presence Resurrection Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 6.75 miles away7435 W Talcott Avenue Chicago Illinois 60631Voluntary non-profit - Church(773) 774-8000
- Aurora Chicago Lakeshore HospitalPsychiatric 7.12 miles away4840 N Marine Dr Chicago Illinois 60640Proprietary(773) 878-9700
- Louis a Weiss Memorial HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 7.4 miles away4646 N Marine Drive Chicago Illinois 60640Proprietary(773) 878-8700
- Fmc - Midamerica Evanston0.45 miles away2953 Central St 1st Floor Evanston Illinois 60201Dialysis Stations: 14 (847) 869-9436
- Davita - Evanston Renal Center1.66 miles away1922 Dempster Street Evanston Illinois 60202CMS Rating: 5 stars Dialysis Stations: 20 (847) 869-5047
- Fmc - Skokie Dialysis1.99 miles away9801 Woods Dr Skokie Illinois 60076Dialysis Stations: 14 (847) 581-1620
- Fmc - Rogers Park3.26 miles away2277 W Howard St Chicago Illinois 60645CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 20 (773) 262-7147
- Center for Renal Replacement, LLC3.27 miles away7301 North Lincoln Ave., Ste 205 Lincolnwood Illinois 60712Dialysis Stations: 16 (847) 675-5555
- Davita - Big Oaks Dialysis4.03 miles away5623 W. Touhy Avenue Niles Illinois 60714Dialysis Stations: 12 (847) 647-3140
- Glen Dialysis5.76 miles away2601 Compass Road Suite 145 Glenview Illinois 60026Dialysis Stations: 16 (847) 657-7574
- Fmc - Niles5.77 miles away9371 Milwaukee Ave. Niles Illinois 60714CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 32 (847) 581-0334