With an address in Evanston, Illinois, Westminster Place is one of just a couple available facilities in this area. With an A+ overall grade, we ranked this facility in the top five percent of all nursing homes in the United States. This is really as good of a place as you'll find. Headlining this nursing home's exemplary profile is its inspection grade, which we will address in the next paragraph.
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
- Nursing Home
- Independent Living
- Assisted Living
- Memory Care
Updated Apr 1, 2023 by Nick Lata
Get pricing and details on Evanston senior living options.Get Pricing
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- Is CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- Has Family Council
- Non profit - Corporation
- Secure Memory Care
- Offers Hospice
- Offers Post-Acute Care
- Offers Respite Care
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Personal Care
- Medication Management
- Home Making
- Medical Transportation
- Speech Therapy
- IV Antibiotic Therapy
- Wound Care
- Occupational Therapy
- Physical Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
- Recreational Therapy
- Aquatic Therapy
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
Top Nursing Home in Illinois Awards 2019
Top Nursing Home in Illinois Awards 2020
Top Nursing Home in Illinois Awards 2021
Registered Staff Hours
In addition to being a great overall grade, this facility also received A+ health inspections in recent years. Its inspections were virtually flawless. These inspection scores take several factors into consideration, including deficiencies and federal fines. You can find more information about each of these issues by obtaining copies of nursing homes' inspection reports. While this facility had some minor dings on its report, it had no severe deficiencies. Severe deficiencies are ones labeled as categories G, H, I, J, K and L. This tells you that the government inspectors did not consider any of the deficiencies on this facility's report to pose an imminent threat to patient health or safety. Finally, this facility had no substantiated complaints this year from residents, which is an excellent sign.
Short-term Care Quality
An additional reason we assessed this nursing home so favorably is that it received an A+ short-term care score. This is flat out as good as it gets in this category. In our short-term care category, we attempt to forge a fair gauge for rehabilitation. In this process, we assess a nursing home's scope of skilled nursing services, including both registered nurses and physical therapy, as well as respiratory therapy. Fortunately, it looks like this nursing home employs registered nurses. Not every nursing home employs these skilled professionals. On the other hand, based on the information they provided, it does not look like the facility employs physical therapists. The last statistic we looked at in this area is the number of residents who were able to leave the facility and return to the community. We found that 6.3 percent of this facility's patients returned home.
Does this page answer your questions about Westminster Place?
To complement its strong performance in other areas, we awarded this nursing home a grade of A+ for our inspections rating. When computing a facility's nursing score, we assess the amount of time nurses are seeing patients and the level of licensure of the nurses. This nursing home averages 0.5 hours of nursing care per resident per day. Finally, our nursing grades also factor in quality-based assessments, such as avoiding major falls. This nursing home performed well in this area. Avoiding major falls is typically a good indicator that a facility has reliable quality controls in place. Major falls can often be prevented if more nurses aids and better safety protocols are in place.
Long-term Care Quality
The last area we scored was long-term care, where this nursing home received a grade of A-. This rounded out an elite profile. Few facilities received an A- or higher in each of our categories. For residents in need of a permanent place to live rather than rehabilitation, long-term care grades are very important. After assessing the quantity of care provided by nurses aids and other staff, we then looked at the facility's vaccination statistics. This nursing home vaccinated 93.47826 percent of its patients for pneumonia, which is a few points below what we anticipated but still a reasonably acceptable percentage. Finally, this nursing home was able to limit hospitalizations. In fact, it had less than one hospitalization per one thousand long-term resident days, which is a remarkably low number.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Westminster Place Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Westminster Place, 8.8% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This statistic indicates the percentage of long-term residents which are suffering from pressure ulcers or bed sores. We consider this statistic when determining our nursing grades.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Westminster Place, 3.56% of Patients had Serious Falls
This indicates the percent of residents that sustained a fall leading to severe injury.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Westminster Place, 2.49% of Patients had UTIs
This indicates the percent of patients who suffered from a urinary tract infection. UTI's are routinely the result of worse hygiene protocols. More frequent bathing can reduce the number of UTI's sustained by residents in a nursing home. Keep in mind that this datapoint is sometimes skewed by the fact that nursing homes have varying reporting standards for infections.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Westminster Place, 18.65% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This datapoint is an indication of the percent of long-term patients who were given antipsychotic drugs. Excessive reliance on these medications may mean a nursing home is using these drugs to subdue residents in situations where such drugs are not medically required. Nevertheless, some nursing homes need to rely more on these drugs due to having more patients with dementia.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Westminster Place, 19.21% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This indicates the percent of long-term stay patients which are prescribed antianxiety drugs. These drugs are commonly prescribed to patients experiencing depression or anxiety.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Westminster Place, 31.81% of Patients
This metric measures the percentage of long-term residents demonstrating symptoms of depression. Many in the industry would argue that this is a reliable measure of patient quality of care.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Westminster Place, 87.05% of Patients
This is the percent of residents that were administered the pneumonia and flu vaccines. Higher vaccination rates should be the norm at this point.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Westminster Place, 13.3% Percentage of Patients
This tells you the percent of patients that needed increased assistance with activities of daily living over time.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Westminster Place, 14.44% Percentage of Residents
This tells you the percentage of residents who retained mobility levels over time. Preserving mobility is often a good sign for residents' well-being.
In Westminster Place, 1.92 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
This datapoint measures the number of hospitalizations per 1,000 days of patient care.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Westminster Place, 14.44 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This datapoint measures the number of times residents are rehospitalized per 1,000 days of short-term patient care. Minimizing rehospitalizations during rehabilitation is important to restoring the physical abilities of patients.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Westminster Place, 13.66 Percentage of Patients
This metric tracks the number of times residents are sent to the emergency room per thousand days of short-term care. Avoiding medical emergencies is one way to gauge patient care during rehabilitation.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Westminster Place, 69.52% Percentage of Resident
This datapoint is a measure of the percentage of short-term care patients that saw functional improvements, such as with activities of daily living. Some experts argue that this is a measure of a nursing home's rehabilitation performance.
- Northshore University Healthsystem Evanston HospAcute Care Hospitals 2.03 miles away2650 Ridge Ave Evanston Illinois 60201Voluntary non-profit - Other(847) 432-8000
- Presence Saint Francis HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 3.06 miles away355 Ridge Ave Evanston Illinois 60202Voluntary non-profit - Church(847) 316-4000
- Swedish Covenant HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 5.91 miles away5145 N California Ave Chicago Illinois 60625Voluntary non-profit - Church(773) 878-8200
- Methodist Hospital of ChicagoAcute Care Hospitals 6.47 miles away5025 N Paulina Street Chicago Illinois 60640Voluntary non-profit - Private(773) 271-9040
- Advocate Lutheran General HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 6.6 miles away1775 Dempster St Park Ridge Illinois 60068Voluntary non-profit - Church(847) 723-2210
- Presence Resurrection Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 6.75 miles away7435 W Talcott Avenue Chicago Illinois 60631Voluntary non-profit - Church(773) 774-8000
- Aurora Chicago Lakeshore HospitalPsychiatric 7.12 miles away4840 N Marine Dr Chicago Illinois 60640Proprietary(773) 878-9700
- Louis a Weiss Memorial HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 7.4 miles away4646 N Marine Drive Chicago Illinois 60640Proprietary(773) 878-8700
- Fmc - Midamerica Evanston0.45 miles away2953 Central St 1st Floor Evanston Illinois 60201Dialysis Stations: 14 (847) 869-9436
- Davita - Evanston Renal Center1.66 miles away1922 Dempster Street Evanston Illinois 60202CMS Rating: 5 stars Dialysis Stations: 20 (847) 869-5047
- Fmc - Skokie Dialysis1.99 miles away9801 Woods Dr Skokie Illinois 60076Dialysis Stations: 14 (847) 581-1620
- Fmc - Rogers Park3.26 miles away2277 W Howard St Chicago Illinois 60645CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 20 (773) 262-7147
- Center for Renal Replacement, LLC3.27 miles away7301 North Lincoln Ave., Ste 205 Lincolnwood Illinois 60712Dialysis Stations: 16 (847) 675-5555
- Davita - Big Oaks Dialysis4.03 miles away5623 W. Touhy Avenue Niles Illinois 60714Dialysis Stations: 12 (847) 647-3140
- Glen Dialysis5.76 miles away2601 Compass Road Suite 145 Glenview Illinois 60026Dialysis Stations: 16 (847) 657-7574
- Fmc - Niles5.77 miles away9371 Milwaukee Ave. Niles Illinois 60714CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 32 (847) 581-0334