Webster House is a large non-profit nursing home in Palo Alto, California. This nursing home is an A rated facility, which is one of the best scores that we offer. In fact, we ranked this facility in the top ten percentile of all nursing homes in the United States. This nursing home also received impressive ratings in all of the major categories. More information about these categories can be found below.
- Nursing Home
- Independent Living
- Assisted Living
- Memory Care
Updated Sep 1, 2022 by Nick Lata
437 Webster Street,
Palo Alto CA 94301
44.82% estimated occupancy 1
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- Is CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- Non profit - Corporation
- Secure Memory Care
- Offers Hospice
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Offers Outpatient Rehab
- Personal Care
- Medication Management
- Home Making
- Speech Therapy
- Stroke Recovery
- IV Antibiotic Therapy
- Palliative Care
- Wound Care
- Occupational Therapy
- Cardiac Therapy
- Diabetes Management
- Physical Therapy
- Respiratory Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
Registered Staff Hours
Long-term Care Quality
In addition to receiving a great overall grade, this nursing home received an A+ in the area of long-term care. When nursing homes receive this type of grade in this category it is usually a good sign for resident care and suggests that the place is well-staffed with nurses aids. After considering the amount of care provided by aids and other staff, we turned to the facility's vaccination record. This facility vaccinated 100 percent of its residents for pneumonia. Vaccines are vital to keeping residents healthy. Finally, this facility was able to limit hospitalizations. It had less than one hospitalization per 1,000 long-term resident days, which is a remarkably low figure.
Adding to its impressive category scores, this nursing home also excelled in the area of inspections, where it earned an A. These inspection grades take several factors into consideration, including deficiencies, substantiated complaints and federal fines. You can learn more about each of these issues by reviewing copies of nursing homes' inspection reports. Although this place had a few deficiencies on its inspection report, none of them were major deficiencies based on CMS' deficiency scale. Finally, this facility had no substantiated complaints this year from residents, which is an excellent sign.
Does this page answer your questions about Webster House?
Adding to its strong resume, this facility also received an excellent nursing score, with a grade of A. We analyzed the licensure of nurses working for the facility, in addition to the quantity of time the nurses were with residents, in determining our grade in this area. This nursing home provides 0.4 hours of nursing care per resident per day. Finally, our nursing grades also factor in quality-based assessments, such as avoiding major falls. This nursing home performed well in this area. Avoiding major falls is typically a good indicator that a nursing home has reliable quality controls in place. Major falls can typically be avoided if more nurses aids and better safety protocols are in place.
Short-term Care Quality
The final category we rated is short-term care, where this facility was awarded a grade of A-. This completed an elite report card. Few facilities earned an A- or higher in in each area we assessed. Our short-term care scores are based in part on a facility's quantity of skilled highly skilled professionals. This includes a vast scope of services, spanning from registered nurses to physical and occupational therapists, not to mention other variations of therapy. Fortunately, it appear that this facility employs registered nurses. Not all facilities employs these skilled professionals. On the other hand, based on the data this nursing home provided, it does not look like the facility employs physical therapists. The last measure we looked at in this area is the percentage of residents who returned home from the facility. We found that 5.5 percent of this nursing home's patients returned home as opposed to remaining at the nursing home on a permanent basis.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Webster House Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Webster House, 7.45% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This figure tells you the percent of long-term stay residents which suffered from new or worsened pressure ulcers or bed sores. We use this statistic in calculating both nursing and long-term care grades.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Webster House, 1.7% of Patients had Serious Falls
This metric is a measure of the percentage of long-term stay residents who have sustained a fall leading to severe injury. This is one of the statistics we use in determining nursing ratings.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Webster House, 1.24% of Patients had UTIs
This is the percentage of patients that have had a urinary tract infection. Urinary tract infections are considered to be a barometer of nursing care at a nursing home. UTI's are routinely linked to worse hygiene protocols. However, this datapoint may also be skewed for certain facilities due to different reporting standards for urinary tract infections.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Webster House, 10.1% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This datapoint tells you the percent of long-term care patients who were given antipsychotic medication. High levels of antipsychotic drug use may indicate that a facility is using these medications to subdue residents in situations where such drugs are not medically required. Nevertheless, some facilities may need to rely on these medications due to an increased number of patients suffering from Alzheimer's or other dementias.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Webster House, 13.85% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This indicates the percent of patients prescribed antianxiety drugs. These medications are typically used to treat residents suffering from anxiety or depression.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Webster House, 4.64% of Patients
This indicates the percent of patients who are showing symptoms of depression.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Webster House, 95.44% of Patients
This is a measure of the percent of long-term stay residents that received the flu and pneumonia vaccines.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Webster House, 7.92% Percentage of Patients
This datapoint is a measure of the percentage of long-term residents that required additional assistance with activities of daily living over time. Activities of daily living include activities such as getting dressed and continence.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Webster House, 12.45% Percentage of Residents
This tells you the percent of patients that retained mobility levels over time. Preserving mobility can be a great sign for residents' well-being.
In Webster House, 1.61 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
This tells you the number of times residents are hospitalized per thousand days of patient care.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Webster House, 12.45 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This is a measure of the number of times residents are rehospitalized per 1,000 days of short-term patient care. Staying out of the hospital during rehabilitation is key to restoring the physical abilities of residents.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Webster House, 9.83 Percentage of Patients
This is the number of times residents are sent to the emergency room per thousand days of short-term care.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Webster House, 79.79% Percentage of Resident
This metric is a measure of the percent of short-term care patients that experienced functional improvements, such as enhanced ability to perform activities of daily living. Some experts believe this is a reliable measure of rehabilitation services.
- Stanford Health CareAcute Care Hospitals 1.51 miles away300 Pasteur Drive Stanford California 94305Voluntary non-profit - Private(650) 723-5708
- Kaiser Foundation Hospital - Redwood CityAcute Care Hospitals 4.59 miles away1100 Veterans Boulevard Redwood City California 94063Voluntary non-profit - Private(650) 299-2000
- Sequoia HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 5.64 miles away170 Alameda De Las Pulgas Redwood City California 94062Voluntary non-profit - Private(650) 367-5551
- El Camino HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 7.2 miles away2500 Grant Road Mountain View California 94040Government - Hospital District or Authority(650) 940-7000
- San Mateo Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 9.59 miles away222 W 39th Ave San Mateo California 94403Government - Local(650) 573-2222
- Kaiser Permanente Psychiatric Health Facility-SantPsychiatric 11.76 miles away3840 Homestead Road Santa Clara California 95051Proprietary(408) 851-4850
- Kaiser Foundation Hospital-Santa ClaraAcute Care Hospitals 12.06 miles away700 Lawrence Expressway Santa Clara California 95051Voluntary non-profit - Private(408) 236-6400
- Kaiser Foundation Hospital - FremontAcute Care Hospitals 12.06 miles away39400 Paseo Padre Pkwy Fremont California 94538Voluntary non-profit - Private(510) 784-4000
- Satellite Dialysis Menlo Park2.05 miles away1040 Hamilton Court Menlo Park California 94025CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 25 (650) 384-4800
- Redwood City Dialysis Center4.64 miles away1000 Marshall Street Redwood City California 94063CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 24 (650) 365-0129
- Lucile Packard Stanford Pediatric Dialysis4.88 miles away725 Welch Road Pediatric Dialysis Rm 1229 Palo Alto California 94304Dialysis Stations: 6 (650) 498-5544
- Satellite Dialysis Redwood City6.1 miles away1125 Industrial Rd Suite G San Carlos California 94070CMS Rating: 5 stars Dialysis Stations: 25 (650) 366-0789
- Satellite Dialysis Mountain View6.44 miles away247 West El Camino Real Suite 100 Mountain View California 94040CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 25 (650) 417-6420
- Wellbound of Mountain View6.44 miles away247 West El Camino Real Suite 200 Mountain View California 94040Dialysis Stations: 4 (650) 417-6460
- Davita El Camino Dialysis7.14 miles away412 West El Camino Real Mountain View California 94043Dialysis Stations: 24 (650) 962-1903
- Satellite Dialysis Sunnyvale9.52 miles away155 North Wolfe Rd Sunnyvale California 94086CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 25 (408) 617-1887