Vista View Care Center is a very-small nursing home located in Denver, Colorado. With an overall rating of A-, this nursing home is among the more impressive facilities we assessed. In fact, we ranked this facility in the top third of all facilities in the country. The best part of this nursing home's strong report card is its long-term care rating. Long-term care grades are discussed in the next section
Vista View Care Center
- Nursing Home
Updated Sep 1, 2022 by Nick Lata
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- Has Family Council
- For profit - Limited Liability company
- Offers Post-Acute Care
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Offers Outpatient Rehab
- Personal Care
- Medication Management
- Speech Therapy
- IV Antibiotic Therapy
- Wound Care
- Occupational Therapy
- Cardiac Therapy
- Tracheotomy Care
- Physical Therapy
- Respiratory Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
- Recreational Therapy
Top Nursing Home in Colorado Awards 2020
Top Nursing Home in Colorado Awards 2021
Registered Staff Hours
Long-term Care Quality
One of the many reasons this turned out to be a great facility is that it earned a very impressive long-term care score. In this category, we gave this nursing home an A. Nursing homes that excel in long-term care tend to provide patients with closer supervision and stay on top of routine healthcare services. On top of considering the quantity of care provided by nurses and other staff, we looked at the number of residents vaccinated for pneumonia. This facility administered the vaccine to 96.666664 percent of its residents. Vaccines are critical to keeping patients out of the hospital. Clearly, this place is doing something right in this area as it was able to keep its residents out of the hospital. In fact, it had only 0 hospitalizations per one thousand long-term resident days, which is a remarkably low number.
Adding to its impressive category scores, this nursing home excelled in the area of inspections, where it earned an A-. Not many nursing homes performed as well in this area. We weigh several aspects of a nursing home's inspection report in determining our inspection scores. One critical factor is deficiencies. It should be noted that the severity of the deficiencies is arguably more important than the quantity of deficiencies, as some are quite insignificant. It doesn't appear that we have information about this nursing home's deficiencies. Finally, this facility had no substantiated complaints this year from residents, which is an excellent sign.
Does this page answer your questions about Vista View Care Center?
Adding to its impressive resume, this nursing home also excelled in our nursing category. In fact, we awarded it a grade of A- for that category. Our nursing score analyzes the facility's level of nurse staffing. We consider both the levels of training of the nurses as well as the amount of time spent with residents. This nursing home provides 0.7 hours of nursing care per resident per day. Lastly, we also looked at some nursing quality measures in determining our nursing grades. This nursing home performed very well in the area of avoiding pressure ulcers and major falls. We consider these areas to be good indicators of the quality of nursing care.
Short-term Care Quality
The last area we rated is short-term care. This nursing home was awarded an above average short-term care score this year, with a B-. Even though this was not as elite as some of its other grades, this is nevertheless an acceptable score in that area. In our short-term care category, we attempt to forge a sound measure for rehabilitation. In doing so, we analyze the facility's level of highly-skilled nursing services, including both registered nurses and physical therapy, as well as speech therapy. Fortunately, it appear that this facility employs registered nurses. Not all nursing homes employs these types of nurses. However, according to the information this nursing home provided, they do not appear to employ physical therapists. Lastly, we looked at the number of residents who were able to return to the community from this nursing home. We found that 0 percent of this facility's residents returned home. At most facilities, closer to half of their patients are able to return home so this figure is below average.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Vista View Care Center Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Vista View Care Center, 5.86% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This gauges the percentage of long-term care patients who suffered from new or worsened pressure ulcers. Many experts believe that pressure ulcers are a solid indicator of a facility's nursing care quality.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Vista View Care Center, 3.47% of Patients had Serious Falls
This tells you the percent of residents who sustained a major fall. Falls leading to severe injuries are routinely caused by lower quality nursing care. Better nursing care limits the percentage of residents in a nursing home who sustain major falls.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Vista View Care Center, 2.14% of Patients had UTIs
This tells you the percentage of patients that have had a urinary tract infection. UTI's are considered by many in the nursing home industry to be a measure of nursing care . UTI's are routinely the result of a facility with lower levels of hygiene. However, this metric may also be misleading for some facilities due to inconsistent reporting standards for UTI's.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Vista View Care Center, 17.6% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This tells you the percent of residents given antipsychotic drugs. These drugs are used for a variety of medical conditions, such as Alzheimer's or other dementias.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Vista View Care Center, 12.24% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This indicates the percent of patients who were prescribed antianxiety medications. Antianxiety drugs are prescribed to residents suffering from anxiety and depression.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Vista View Care Center, 3.81% of Patients
This is the percentage of patients demonstrating symptoms of depression.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Vista View Care Center, 84.99% of Patients
This datapoint is a measure of the percentage of long-term patients who have received the flu and pneumonia vaccines. Respiratory viruses can be deadly for seniors, making these types of vaccines critical to patient health.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Vista View Care Center, 15.45% Percentage of Patients
This datapoint measures the percentage of long-term residents who required more assistance with activities of daily living over time. ADL's include activities such as moving around and continence. Some believe that this is a measure of a resident's well-being.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Vista View Care Center, 75.71% Percentage of Resident
This is the percentage of short-term residents that experienced functional improvements, such as with activities of daily living. High levels of independence with ADL's typically correlates with superior rehabilitation.
Scores for Denver, CO
- Overall Rating has a grade of B
- Nurse Rating has a grade of B-plus
- Long-term Care Rating has a grade of B
- Short-term Care Rating has a grade of B-plus
- Inspection Rating has a grade of B-plus
Looking for more options? Denver, Colorado has 41 other nursing homes
- North Suburban Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 1.05 miles away9191 Grant St Denver Colorado 80229Voluntary non-profit - Private(303) 451-7800
- Presbyterian St Lukes Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 7.19 miles away1719 E 19th Ave Denver Colorado 80218Government - State(303) 839-6000
- Saint Joseph HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 7.2 miles away1375 E 19th Ave Denver Colorado 80218Voluntary non-profit - Private(303) 812-2000
- St Anthony North Health CampusAcute Care Hospitals 7.36 miles away14300 Orchard Pkwy Broomfield Colorado 80023Voluntary non-profit - Private(720) 627-0000
- Uchealth Broomfield HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 7.36 miles away11820 Destination Drive Broomfield Colorado 80021Proprietary(303) 460-6000
- National Jewish HealthAcute Care Hospitals 7.83 miles away1400 Jackson St Denver Colorado 80206Voluntary non-profit - Private(303) 388-4461
- Lutheran Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 8.05 miles away8300 W 38th Ave Wheat Ridge Colorado 80033Voluntary non-profit - Private(303) 425-4500
- Denver Health Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 8.41 miles away777 Bannock St Denver Colorado 80204Government - State(303) 602-4930
- Thornton Kidney Center LLC (Ara)0.07 miles away8451 Pearl Street Denver Colorado 80229Dialysis Stations: 13 (303) 227-9981
- Thornton Dialysis (Dva)0.9 miles away8800 Fox Dr Denver Colorado 80260CMS Rating: 5 stars Dialysis Stations: 24 (303) 430-7020
- Kidney Center of Westminster (Ara)2.29 miles away8410 Decatur St Ste 200 Westminster Colorado 80031CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 24 (303) 430-6518
- Commerce City Dialysis (Dva)4.03 miles away6320 Holly St Commerce City Colorado 80022CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 18 (303) 853-4300
- Kidney Center of Northridge (Ara)4.9 miles away1865 W 121st Ave, Ste 300c Denver Colorado 80234Dialysis Stations: 21 (303) 429-9550
- North Metro Denver Dialysis (Dva)5.04 miles away12365 Huron St Ste 500 Denver Colorado 80234Dialysis Stations: 17 (303) 451-9093
- Denver Dialysis (Dva)6.31 miles away2900 Downing St Ste C Denver Colorado 80205CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 16 (303) 292-0303
- Kidney Center of Arvada (Ara)6.61 miles away5265 Vance St Arvada Colorado 80002CMS Rating: 5 stars Dialysis Stations: 21 (303) 403-1127