Tomball Rehab & Nursing is in Tomball, Texas. It looks like this facility is a relatively poor nursing home. A grade in this range indicates we found a few red flags. This isn't the worse nursing home we looked at, however, we would still struggle to recommend it. If you aren't deterred by this nursing home's profile, you can continue reading to find out about its category scores. Inspection grades are discussed in the next section.
Tomball Rehab & Nursing
- Nursing Home
Updated Apr 1, 2023 by Nick Reese
815 N Peach St,
Tomball TX 77375
62.38% estimated occupancy 1
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- For profit - Corporation
- Speech Therapy
- Occupational Therapy
- Physical Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
Registered Staff Hours
Although we did not rate this facility highly overall, we want to draw your attention to its nearly flawless government inspections in recent years. We awarded them an A in this category. Our inspection ratings account for a host of factors included in a facility's inspection reports. One of the most important criteria we weigh heavily is the quantity and severity of deficiencies. You should avoid facilities with too many deficiencies flagged. This nursing home was assessed 6 deficiencies on its inspection report, but none of the deficiencies were considered to be major deficiencies. This tells you that the inspectors didn't deem any of the deficiencies to pose an immediate threat to patient health or safety. A few minor deficiencies are not necessarily the end of the world.
One of the other reasons we rated this nursing home so highly is that it earned a very impressive nursing grade. In that area, we awarded this facility an D. When computing a facility's nursing grade, we assess the quantity of hours nurses spend with patients as well as the skill levels of those nurses. This facility provided only 0.3 hours of nursing care per patient each day. This is well below average. Lastly, we also assessed some nursing quality-based metrics in calculating our nursing ratings. This place performed well in terms of avoiding major falls and pressure ulcers. We consider these areas to be reliable measures of the quality of nursing care.
Does this page answer your questions about Tomball Rehab & Nursing?
Long-term Care Quality
This nursing home's second least favorable score was long-term care, where it earned just a D in that area. This is a well below average grade. If you are looking for anything other than short-term rehabilitation, you should take a close look at long-term care ratings. After assessing the quantity of care provided by nurses aids and other staff, we then looked at the facility's vaccination data. We were optimistic to find that this facility vaccinated 100 percent of its patients for pneumonia. To our surprise, this place was able to limit hospitalizations. With only 0 hospitalizations per one thousand long-term resident days, this nursing home had fewer hospitalizations than many nursing homes. Sadly, some of its other scores in this category weren't as favorable as these.
Short-term Care Quality
Moving on to the next category, we awarded this nursing home a D for our short-term care category. This is the facility's least impressive category grade. Short-term care scores are based in part on the facility's quantity of skilled nursing services. This means a broad scope of services, spanning from registered nurses to physical and occupational therapists, in addition to other forms of therapy. As you might expect, we found that this place provides far less physical therapist and registered nurse hours per resident than the typical nursing home. The final statistic we looked at in this category is the percentage of patients who ultimately returned home from the facility. This facility struggled quite a bit in this metric as well, with just 0 percent of its patients returning home.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Tomball Rehab & Nursing Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Tomball Rehab & Nursing, 7.17% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This indicates the percentage of residents that sustained a pressure ulcer. Pressure ulcers are damage to the skin resulting from remaining in one position for too long.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Tomball Rehab & Nursing, 3.38% of Patients had Serious Falls
This is the percentage of residents who have had a fall which caused severe injury.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Tomball Rehab & Nursing, 1.52% of Patients had UTIs
This figure is an indication of the percentage of long-term patients which experienced UTI's. While more of these infections could reflect poorly on a facility's cleanliness, it is problematic to compare between facilities due to facilities having reporting standards.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Tomball Rehab & Nursing, 10.14% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This tells you the percent of long-term patients which were given antipsychotic drugs. High levels of antipsychotic drug use may indicate that a facility is using these medications to subdue residents in situations where such medications are not medically required. However, some facilities may need to rely more on these medications due to having more patients with Alzheimer's or other dementias.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Tomball Rehab & Nursing, 22.67% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This measures the percent of long-term residents receiving antianxiety medications.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Tomball Rehab & Nursing, 4.84% of Patients
This is the percent of residents demonstrating signs of depression.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Tomball Rehab & Nursing, 93.69% of Patients
This datapoint measures the percent of long-term stay residents who received the flu and pneumonia vaccines.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Tomball Rehab & Nursing, 17.58% Percentage of Patients
This datapoint is a measure of the percent of long-term care patients that required additional assistance with activities of daily living over time. ADL's include activities such as getting dressed and continence. Many in the industry would argue that this is a reasonable measure of a resident's well-being.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Tomball Rehab & Nursing, 13.47% Percentage of Residents
This is a measure of the percentage of long-term care patients that were able to retain mobility.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Tomball Rehab & Nursing, 13.47 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This is the number of rehospitalizations per 1,000 days of short-term patient care.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Tomball Rehab & Nursing, 11.91 Percentage of Patients
This metric is a measure of the number of times residents are sent to the emergency room per thousand days of short-term care. Avoiding emergency medical situations is one way to gauge patient well-being during rehabilitation.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Tomball Rehab & Nursing, 66.29% Percentage of Resident
This is a measure of the percent of short-term stay residents who saw functional improvements, such as enhanced ability to perform activities of daily living. Some experts believe that this is a measure of rehabilitation services.
- Hca Houston Healthcare TomballAcute Care Hospitals 1.21 miles away605 Holderrieth Tomball Texas 77375Proprietary(281) 351-1623
- First Texas HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 7.75 miles away9922 Louetta Rd Houston Texas 77070Proprietary(844) 264-1435
- St Luke's Hospital at the VintageAcute Care Hospitals 8.27 miles away20171 Chasewood Park Drive Houston Texas 77070Proprietary(832) 534-5000
- Houston Methodist Willowbrook HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 10.31 miles away18220 Tomball Parkway Houston Texas 77070Voluntary non-profit - Private(281) 477-1000
- Emil J Freireich Cancer CenterAcute Care Hospitals 10.72 miles away9201 Pinecroft Spring Texas 77380Proprietary(855) 353-2201
- St Lukes Lakeside HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 11.58 miles away17400 St Lukes Way Conroe Texas 77384Voluntary non-profit - Other(936) 266-4055
- St Luke's the Woodlands HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 11.62 miles away17200 St Luke's Way Conroe Texas 77384Voluntary non-profit - Private(936) 266-4050
- Tops Surgical Specialty HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 11.74 miles away17080 Red Oak Drive Houston Texas 77090Physician(281) 539-2900
- Tomball Dialysis Center1.35 miles away27720 a Tomball Pky Tomball Texas 77375CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 25 (281) 351-6802
- Bio-Medical Applications of Texas, Inc2.03 miles away13730 Alice Rd Ste D Tomball Texas 77377Dialysis Stations: 17 (832) 639-0170
- Vintage Dialysis7.94 miles away20025 Chasewook Park Drive Houston Texas 77070Dialysis Stations: 17 (281) 251-0966
- Bio-Medical Applications of Texas, Inc.8.02 miles away3 Windcrest National Magnolia Texas 77354Dialysis Stations: 13 (936) 224-3103
- Fmc Spring Klein Dialysis Center, LLC8.8 miles away5230 Fm 2920 Rd. Spring Texas 77388Dialysis Stations: 13 (281) 350-1756
- Cypress Creek Dialysis9.28 miles away9449 Grogans Mill Rd Spring Texas 77380Dialysis Stations: 15 (281) 363-1262
- Cypress Fairfield Dialysis9.92 miles away15103 Mason Rd Ste d5 Cypress Texas 77433Dialysis Stations: 24 (281) 758-1380
- Kadden Dialysis, LLC10.18 miles away2950 Fm 2920 Rd Spring Texas 77388Dialysis Stations: 20 (281) 907-6269