Located in Hemet, California, The Village Healthcare Center is one of seven available nursing homes in this city. This facility was given an A- overall, which is one of our higher scores. We really can not say enough great things about this nursing home. The best part of this nursing home's strong profile is its nursing grade. We discuss nursing in the next paragraph
The Village Healthcare Center
Updated May 1, 2022 by Nick Lata
2400 West Acacia Avenue,
Hemet CA 92545
44.62% estimated occupancy 1
Registered Staff Hours
To go along with its strong overall grade, we awarded this nursing home a grade of A+ for its nursing grade. Nursing scores are tied to quantity of nursing care available. This place provides an incredible 6.9 hours of nursing care per patient per day. Out of this total, many of those hours were provided by registered nurses, which is one of the most highly trained levels of nurses. In addition to providing high levels of nursing care, this place was also above average in several of the major quality-based metrics we looked at in this category. It performed well in the area of avoiding major falls and pressure ulcers.
Short-term Care Quality
This facility received quality marks in the area of short-term care. For this reason, it received one of our best grades in that area with a grade of A+. Our short-term care scores are presumably most critical for residents needing rehabilitation services. Rehabilitation typically utilizes higher levels of highly-skilled nursing services. Skilled nursing means not just nursing services, but also physical and respiratory therapy, as well as other variations of therapy. One of this nursing home's strengths is registered nurse hours. This facility offers more care from registered nurses than most nursing homes. The final item we looked at in this category is the number of patients who ultimately returned home from the facility. It performed as well as just about any nursing home in California with 72.6 percent of its residents returning home.
Does this page answer your questions about The Village Healthcare Center?
This nursing home also received excellent inspections in recent years. We gave it one of our best grades in that category, with an A-. We take several aspects of a facility's inspection report into consideration in computing these inspection ratings. One of those factors is deficiencies. It should be noted that the severity of these deficiencies is arguably more important than the quantity of deficiencies, as some are relatively insignificant. Fortunately, although this nursing home had a few minor dings on its report, it had zero severe deficiencies. Severe deficiencies are ones found in categories G through L. This tells you that the inspectors didn't consider any of the deficiencies on this facility's report to pose an imminent threat to patient health or safety. Keep in mind that deficiency-free inspections are rare in this industry.
Long-term Care Quality
The next area we rated is long-term care. This facility was given a better than average long-term care grade in our assessment, with a B-. Even though this wasn't nearly as elite as several of its other scores, this is nevertheless an acceptable grade in that area. In forming our long-term care grades, we look at the facility's personal care services. One of the data points we considered after this facility's quality nursing hours is vaccinations. This facility provided the pneumonia vaccination to 98.27586 percent of its patients. This is a proven method to minimize negative health outcomes for the aged 65 and up population. This combination proved to be effective as this nursing home was able to keep its patients out of the hospital. In fact, it had only 0 hospitalizations per one thousand long-term resident days, which is an impressively low figure.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
The Village Healthcare Center Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In The Village Healthcare Center, 7.63% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This figure is is a measure of the percentage of long-term patients which suffered from pressure ulcers. We have found that pressure ulcers are an barometer of a facility's nursing care quality.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In The Village Healthcare Center, 1.66% of Patients had Serious Falls
This tells you the percent of residents who sustained a major fall. Falls resulting in major injury are often linked to poor nursing care. More supervision can reduce the number of major falls sustained by residents in a nursing home.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In The Village Healthcare Center, 1.19% of Patients had UTIs
This tells you the percentage of residents who sustained a urinary tract infection. Urinary tract infections are considered to be a barometer of nursing care . UTI's are often the result of a facility with lower levels of hygiene. Nevertheless, this datapoint could also be misleading for some facilities due to varying reporting standards for infections.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In The Village Healthcare Center, 9.98% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This is the percent of patients who were given antipsychotic drugs. Antipsychotic drugs are prescribed to residents for a variety of conditions, including Alzheimer's or other dementias. Tragically, in some situations, high levels of antipsychotic drug use may indicate a nursing home is using these medications to subdue residents.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In The Village Healthcare Center, 13.87% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This tells you the percentage of patients prescribed antianxiety medications. Antianxiety drugs are prescribed to patients experiencing depression and anxiety.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In The Village Healthcare Center, 4.32% of Patients
This indicates the percent of residents who are exhibiting depressive symptoms. Higher levels of depression could indicate lower quality care.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In The Village Healthcare Center, 96.21% of Patients
This datapoint measures the percentage of long-term stay residents who received the flu and pneumonia vaccines.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In The Village Healthcare Center, 8.35% Percentage of Patients
Measures the percentage of long-term care residents who needed more assistance with activities of daily living over time. ADL's include activities such as getting dressed and bathing.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In The Village Healthcare Center, 14.01% Percentage of Residents
Measures the percentage of long-term care residents that maintained mobility.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In The Village Healthcare Center, 14.01 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This metric tracks the number of rehospitalizations per 1,000 days of short-term resident care.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In The Village Healthcare Center, 9.82 Percentage of Patients
This tells you the number of emergency room visits per 1,000 days of short-term care.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In The Village Healthcare Center, 79.69% Percentage of Resident
This datapoint measures the percentage of short-term stay residents that saw functional improvements.
Scores for Hemet, CA
- Overall Rating has a grade of B
- Nurse Rating has a grade of B-plus
- Long-term Care Rating has a grade of C
- Short-term Care Rating has a grade of B-plus
- Inspection Rating has a grade of B-plus
Looking for more options? Hemet, California has 6 other nursing homes
- Hemet Valley Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 2.18 miles away1117 East Devonshire Hemet California 92543Physician(951) 652-2811
- Loma Linda University Medical Center-MurrietaAcute Care Hospitals 13.23 miles away28062 Baxter Road Murrieta California 92563Voluntary non-profit - Private(951) 290-4000
- Kaiser Foundation Hospital-Moreno ValleyAcute Care Hospitals 15.32 miles away27300 Iris Avenue Moreno Valley California 92555Voluntary non-profit - Other(951) 251-6000
- Riverside University Health System-Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 16.38 miles away26520 Cactus Avenue Moreno Valley California 92555Government - Local(951) 486-4000
- Southwest Healthcare SystemAcute Care Hospitals 16.58 miles away25500 Medical Center Drive Murrieta California 92562Proprietary(951) 696-6000
- Temecula Valley HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 19.18 miles away31700 Temecula Pkwy Temecula California 92592Proprietary(951) 331-2200
- Davita-Hemet0.5 miles away3050 W. Florida Avenue Hemet California 92545CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 39 (951) 925-9723
- Davita-Diamond Valley Dialysis Center4.28 miles away1181 N. State St. San Jacinto California 92583CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 36 (951) 487-6528
- Davita-Menifee Home Dialysis10.9 miles away29878 Haun Road, Suite 100 Sun City California 92586Dialysis Stations: 10 (951) 679-2396
- Davita-Sun City Menifee Dialysis10.93 miles away1702 Illinois Avenue Perris California 92571CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 24 (951) 928-1369
- Fmc-Rai-East Sixth Street-Beaumont13.04 miles away1536 E. 6th Street Beaumont California 92223CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 24 (951) 769-5072
- Davita-Banning Dialysis13.37 miles away6090 W. Ramsey Street Banning California 92220CMS Rating: 5 stars Dialysis Stations: 18 (951) 845-4494
- Davita-Murrieta14.26 miles away27602 Clinton Keith Road, Bldg F Murrieta California 92562CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 24 (951) 679-7914
- Fmc-Moreno Valley15.11 miles away27420 Iris Avenue Moreno Valley California 92555Dialysis Stations: 25 (951) 242-9196