With an address in Hemet, California, The Village Healthcare Center is one of seven facilities there. This nursing home proved to be an A rated facility, which is one of the top ratings that we offer. In fact, we ranked this facility in the top 20 percent of all facilities in the United States. This facility was also given phenomenal grades in all four of the major categories. More information about these categories can be found below.
The Village Healthcare Center
- Nursing Home
- Independent Living
- Assisted Living
Updated Sep 1, 2022 by Nick Reese
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- Is CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- For profit - Partnership
- Offers Hospice
- Offers Post-Acute Care
- Offers Respite Care
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Personal Care
- Medication Management
- Home Making
- Medical Transportation
- Speech Therapy
- Wound Care
- Occupational Therapy
- Physical Therapy
- Respiratory Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
- Recreational Therapy
- Pain Management
Top Nursing Home in California Awards 2019
Best Nursing Home in Hemet, California Awards 2019
Best Nursing Home in Hemet, California Awards 2020
Best Nursing Home in Hemet, California Awards 2021
Registered Staff Hours
To go along with its strong overall grade, we awarded this nursing home a grade of A+ for its nursing grade. Nursing grades are largely associated with a nursing home's level of nurse staffing. This facility provided 0.8 hours of nursing care per resident per day. Finally, our nursing grades also factor in quality-based assessments, such as avoiding major falls. This facility performed well in this area. Avoiding major falls is typically a good indicator that a nursing home has reliable quality controls in place. Major falls can typically be prevented if more nurses aids and better safety protocols are in place.
Short-term Care Quality
We also wanted to emphasize the fact that this nursing home excelled in our short-term care category. We awarded them a dominant score of A+ in this category. In our short-term care score, we seek to craft a meaningful gauge for rehabilitation. In this process, we assess the facility's scope of skilled nursing services, including both registered nurses and physical therapy, as well as respiratory therapy. Fortunately, it looks like this nursing home employs registered nurses. Not all facilities employs these types of nurses. However, based on the information this nursing home provided, they do not appear to employ physical therapists. Finally, we assessed the number of residents who were able to return to the community from this nursing home. We found that 6.9 percent of this facility's patients returned home.
Does this page answer your questions about The Village Healthcare Center?
This facility has received near flawless health inspections in recent years. We awarded them an impressive grade of A- in this category. Inspection scores are based on many datapoints located in the a nursing home's recent inspection reports. Places that excel in this category typically have very few deficiencies on their reports. Most importantly, these facilities should not have any severe deficiencies which are associated with risks to patient safety. This place was hit with 4 deficiencies on its inspection report, but none were considered severe. This indicates that the inspectors didn't deem any of the deficiencies to cause an immediate threat to patient health or safety. The fact that the deficiencies were relatively minor leaves us less concerned with this inspection report.
Long-term Care Quality
The last area we rated was long-term care. We gave this nursing home one of our better grades in this area, with a B. Even though this was not on par with some of this nursing home's other grades, it is still an excellent score. When facilities receive this kind of score in this category it is usually a good sign for patient care and suggests that the nursing home is well-staffed with nurses aids. In addition to considering the volume of care provided by nurses and other staff, we analyzed the percentage of residents vaccinated for pneumonia. This facility gave the vaccine to 100 percent of its patients, which is much higher than most nursing homes. Lastly, this facility was able to limit hospitalizations. In fact, it had only 0 hospitalizations per 1,000 long-term resident days, which is a remarkably low number.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
The Village Healthcare Center Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In The Village Healthcare Center, 7.45% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This statistic indicates the percent of long-term residents who developed new or worsened pressure ulcers. We've found that pressure ulcers are a great indicator of nursing care quality.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In The Village Healthcare Center, 1.7% of Patients had Serious Falls
This is an indication of the percent of long-term stay patients which suffered falls resulting in severe injury. Falls can happen for a variety of reasons, but high rates of falls resulting in injuries may be a sign of poor nursing care.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In The Village Healthcare Center, 1.24% of Patients had UTIs
This indicates the percentage of long-term care residents who have had a urinary tract infection. While more infections could reflect poorly on a facility's nursing care, it is problematic to compare between facilities due to facilities having differing reporting standards.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In The Village Healthcare Center, 10.1% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This is the percentage of patients prescribed antipsychotic drugs. While antipsychotic medications may be vital to many patients, it is important to make sure these medications are being used only where medically required. In limited situations, excessive reliance on these medications may suggest a nursing home is using these drugs to control patient behavior.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In The Village Healthcare Center, 13.85% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This tells you the percentage of patients who were prescribed antianxiety drugs. These drugs are typically given to residents experiencing depression or anxiety.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In The Village Healthcare Center, 4.64% of Patients
This is a measure of the percentage of long-term care patients who are exhibiting depressive symptoms.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In The Village Healthcare Center, 95.44% of Patients
This datapoint is a measure of the percent of long-term care residents who were vaccinated against pneumonia and flu.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In The Village Healthcare Center, 7.92% Percentage of Patients
This tells you the percentage of patients who required more assistance with activities of daily living over time.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In The Village Healthcare Center, 12.45% Percentage of Residents
This indicates the percent of patients who were able to retain mobility over time. Preserving mobility can be a great sign for residents' well-being.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In The Village Healthcare Center, 12.45 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This indicates the number of times residents are rehospitalized per thousand days of short-term patient care.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In The Village Healthcare Center, 9.83 Percentage of Patients
This metric tracks the number of times residents are sent to the emergency room per thousand days of short-term patient care. Avoiding medical emergencies is one way to assess patient well-being during rehabilitation.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In The Village Healthcare Center, 79.79% Percentage of Resident
This is a measure of the percent of short-term residents that saw functional improvements.
Scores for Hemet, CA
- Overall Rating has a grade of B
- Nurse Rating has a grade of A-minus
- Long-term Care Rating has a grade of B-minus
- Short-term Care Rating has a grade of B-plus
- Inspection Rating has a grade of B-plus
Looking for more options? Hemet, California has 6 other nursing homes
- Hemet Valley Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 2.18 miles away1117 East Devonshire Hemet California 92543Physician(951) 652-2811
- Loma Linda University Medical Center-MurrietaAcute Care Hospitals 13.23 miles away28062 Baxter Road Murrieta California 92563Voluntary non-profit - Private(951) 290-4000
- Kaiser Foundation Hospital-Moreno ValleyAcute Care Hospitals 15.32 miles away27300 Iris Avenue Moreno Valley California 92555Voluntary non-profit - Other(951) 251-6000
- Riverside University Health System-Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 16.38 miles away26520 Cactus Avenue Moreno Valley California 92555Government - Local(951) 486-4000
- Southwest Healthcare SystemAcute Care Hospitals 16.58 miles away25500 Medical Center Drive Murrieta California 92562Proprietary(951) 696-6000
- Temecula Valley HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 19.18 miles away31700 Temecula Pkwy Temecula California 92592Proprietary(951) 331-2200
- Davita-Hemet0.5 miles away3050 W. Florida Avenue Hemet California 92545CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 39 (951) 925-9723
- Davita-Diamond Valley Dialysis Center4.28 miles away1181 N. State St. San Jacinto California 92583CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 36 (951) 487-6528
- Davita-Menifee Home Dialysis10.9 miles away29878 Haun Road, Suite 100 Sun City California 92586Dialysis Stations: 10 (951) 679-2396
- Davita-Sun City Menifee Dialysis10.93 miles away1702 Illinois Avenue Perris California 92571CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 24 (951) 928-1369
- Fmc-Rai-East Sixth Street-Beaumont13.04 miles away1536 E. 6th Street Beaumont California 92223CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 24 (951) 769-5072
- Davita-Banning Dialysis13.37 miles away6090 W. Ramsey Street Banning California 92220CMS Rating: 5 stars Dialysis Stations: 18 (951) 845-4494
- Davita-Murrieta14.26 miles away27602 Clinton Keith Road, Bldg F Murrieta California 92562CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 24 (951) 679-7914
- Fmc-Moreno Valley15.11 miles away27420 Iris Avenue Moreno Valley California 92555Dialysis Stations: 25 (951) 242-9196