With an address in Hemet, California, The Village Healthcare Center is one of only two available nursing homes there. This facility was given an A- overall, which is one of our better ratings. In fact, we ranked this facility in the top third of all nursing homes in the United States. This facility's impressive profile was highlighted by its short-term care grade, which you can find in the next section.
The Village Healthcare Center
- Nursing Home
- Independent Living
- Assisted Living
Updated Apr 1, 2023 by Nick Lata
2400 West Acacia Avenue,
Hemet CA 92545
50.18% estimated occupancy 1
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- Is CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- For profit - Partnership
- Offers Hospice
- Offers Post-Acute Care
- Offers Respite Care
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Personal Care
- Medication Management
- Home Making
- Medical Transportation
- Speech Therapy
- Wound Care
- Occupational Therapy
- Physical Therapy
- Respiratory Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
- Recreational Therapy
- Pain Management
Top Nursing Home in California Awards 2019
Best Nursing Home in Hemet, California Awards 2019
Best Nursing Home in Hemet, California Awards 2020
Best Nursing Home in Hemet, California Awards 2021
Registered Staff Hours
Short-term Care Quality
We also wanted to emphasize the fact that this facility earned an impressive grade of A for short-term care. Our short-term care grade is generally used to judge a facility's performance with rehabilitation. To offer high-end rehabilitation services, nursing homes generally must have better levels of skilled nursing services. Skilled nursing includes registered nurses, physical therapists, respiratory therapists and other licensed professionals. Fortunately, it looks like this facility employs registered nurses. Not every nursing home employs these types of nurses. On the other hand, based on the data this nursing home provided, they do not appear to employ physical therapists. The final measure we assessed in this area is the number of patients who were able to leave the nursing home and return home. We found that 6.9 percent of this nursing home's residents returned home.
Among its many impressive grades, this facility received an excellent nursing grade. In fact, we gave it a grade of A in that category. Our nursing grade is mostly tied to a facility's level of nurse staffing. This facility provided 0.7 hours of nursing care per resident per day. Finally, our nursing grades also factor in quality-based assessments, such as avoiding major falls. This facility performed well in this area. Avoiding major falls is typically a good indicator that a nursing home has reliable quality controls in place. Major falls can generally be avoided if more nurses aids and better safety protocols are in place.
Does this page answer your questions about The Village Healthcare Center?
We gave this nursing home an A- for our inspections rating. We take several aspects of a facility's inspection report into consideration in computing our inspection scores. One key factor is deficiencies. You should keep in mind that the severity of deficiencies is usually more important than the quantity of deficiencies, as some deficiencies end up being quite minor. While this place had some minor dings on its report, it had zero severe deficiencies. Severe deficiencies are labeled as categories G through L. This means the government inspectors did not consider any of the deficiencies on this facility's report to pose an imminent threat to patient health or safety. The fact that the deficiencies were relatively minor leaves us less concerned with this inspection report.
Long-term Care Quality
The last category we rated was this nursing home's worst area. Nevertheless, even in its worst category we still awarded it an acceptable grade of C in our long-term care category. In calculating our long-term care grades, we analyze the nursing home's personal care services. After considering the amount of care provided by nurses aids and other staff, we next considered the nursing home's vaccination statistics. This nursing home vaccinated 98.64865 percent of its residents against pneumonia, which is higher than the vast majority of nursing homes. This facility also excelled at keeping its patients out of the hospital. Indeed, it had only 0 hospitalizations per 1,000 long-term resident days, which is an impressively low figure.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
The Village Healthcare Center Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In The Village Healthcare Center, 7.79% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This is the percent of residents who suffered from a pressure ulcer. Pressure ulcers are considered to be a barometer of the quality of nursing care at a nursing home. Pressure ulcers, which are also known as bed sores, are often the result of residents not being moved frequently enough.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In The Village Healthcare Center, 1.84% of Patients had Serious Falls
This figure indicates the percent of long-term residents which sustained falls resulting in severe injury. This is one of the statistics we use in determining our nursing ratings.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In The Village Healthcare Center, 1.34% of Patients had UTIs
This tells you the percent of residents that sustained a urinary tract infection. These infections could be associated with poor hygiene.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In The Village Healthcare Center, 10.3% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This indicates the percentage of patients given antipsychotic medications. These medications may be used for treating several medical conditions, including cognitive disorders.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In The Village Healthcare Center, 13.84% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This statistic is an indication of the percent of long-term stay residents who are given antianxiety medication. These medications are given to patients suffering from anxiety and depression.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In The Village Healthcare Center, 5.83% of Patients
This metric measures the percentage of long-term patients who are demonstrating depressive symptoms. Many in the industry argue that this is a reasonable measure of quality of life.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In The Village Healthcare Center, 95.65% of Patients
This is the percentage of patients who have received the pneumonia and flu vaccines. High vaccination rates should be the norm at this point.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In The Village Healthcare Center, 8.26% Percentage of Patients
This datapoint measures the percentage of long-term patients who required increased assistance with activities of daily living over time. Activities of daily living include activities such as taking medications and taking a bath. Many in the industry believe that this is a reliable measure of a patient's well-being.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In The Village Healthcare Center, 10.41% Percentage of Residents
This indicates the percent of patients who were able to retain mobility over time. Preserving mobility can be a great sign for residents' well-being.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In The Village Healthcare Center, 10.41 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This indicates the number of times residents are rehospitalized per thousand days of short-term patient care.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In The Village Healthcare Center, 79.12% Percentage of Resident
This is a measure of the percent of short-term residents that saw functional improvements.
- Hemet Valley Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 2.18 miles away1117 East Devonshire Hemet California 92543Physician(951) 652-2811
- Loma Linda University Medical Center-MurrietaAcute Care Hospitals 13.23 miles away28062 Baxter Road Murrieta California 92563Voluntary non-profit - Private(951) 290-4000
- Kaiser Foundation Hospital-Moreno ValleyAcute Care Hospitals 15.32 miles away27300 Iris Avenue Moreno Valley California 92555Voluntary non-profit - Other(951) 251-6000
- Riverside University Health System-Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 16.38 miles away26520 Cactus Avenue Moreno Valley California 92555Government - Local(951) 486-4000
- Southwest Healthcare SystemAcute Care Hospitals 16.58 miles away25500 Medical Center Drive Murrieta California 92562Proprietary(951) 696-6000
- Temecula Valley HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 19.18 miles away31700 Temecula Pkwy Temecula California 92592Proprietary(951) 331-2200
- Davita-Hemet0.5 miles away3050 W. Florida Avenue Hemet California 92545CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 39 (951) 925-9723
- Davita-Diamond Valley Dialysis Center4.28 miles away1181 N. State St. San Jacinto California 92583CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 36 (951) 487-6528
- Davita-Menifee Home Dialysis10.9 miles away29878 Haun Road, Suite 100 Sun City California 92586Dialysis Stations: 10 (951) 679-2396
- Davita-Sun City Menifee Dialysis10.93 miles away1702 Illinois Avenue Perris California 92571CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 24 (951) 928-1369
- Fmc-Rai-East Sixth Street-Beaumont13.04 miles away1536 E. 6th Street Beaumont California 92223CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 24 (951) 769-5072
- Davita-Banning Dialysis13.37 miles away6090 W. Ramsey Street Banning California 92220CMS Rating: 5 stars Dialysis Stations: 18 (951) 845-4494
- Davita-Murrieta14.26 miles away27602 Clinton Keith Road, Bldg F Murrieta California 92562CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 24 (951) 679-7914
- Fmc-Moreno Valley15.11 miles away27420 Iris Avenue Moreno Valley California 92555Dialysis Stations: 25 (951) 242-9196