The Heights of Tomball is a facility located in Tomball, Texas, a city with a population of 68,059 people. With an overall score of B-, this is likely a solid nursing home. This actually proved to be the number one rated facility in the city. The best part of this facility's report card was its exemplary inspection grade. We discuss inspections in the next paragraph.
The Heights of Tomball
- Nursing Home
- Memory Care
Updated Sep 1, 2022 by Nick Reese
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- For profit - Corporation
- Offers Respite Care
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Personal Care
- Home Making
- Dialysis Transportation
- Medical Transportation
- Speech Therapy
- Occupational Therapy
- Physical Therapy
- Respiratory Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
- Recreational Therapy
Registered Staff Hours
While this facility's overall grade was not bad, it really fared well in the area of inspections. In fact, we awarded it a grade of A for that category, which is one of our best scores. We weigh several aspects of a nursing home's inspection report in computing these inspection ratings. One of those factors is health deficiencies. You should keep in mind that the severity of these deficiencies is usually more important than the number of deficiencies, as some of these can be quite minor. This nursing home was hit with 5 deficiencies on its inspection report, but we were relieved to see that none of the deficiencies were considered to be severe deficiencies. This tells you that the government inspectors did not deem any of these deficiencies to create an imminent risk to patient health or safety. A couple minor deficiencies aren't the end of the world.
Long-term Care Quality
Additionally, we also would like to draw your attention to the fact that this nursing home was awarded positive long-term care marks this year. We gave them one of our higher scores in that area, with a B+. This turned out to be the nursing home's second highest grade. When nursing homes receive a score in this range in this category it typically means it has plenty of staff and is a quality place to live on a permanent basis. After considering the quantity of care provided by nurses and other staff, we next considered the nursing home's vaccination statistics. This nursing home vaccinated 98.447205 percent of its patients for pneumonia. Vaccines are critical to keeping patients healthy. Lastly, this place was able to limit hospitalizations. Indeed, it had only 0.03 hospitalizations per 1,000 long-term resident days, which is an impressively low number.
Does this page answer your questions about The Heights of Tomball?
This facility's next best category was its nursing grade, where it received a grade of C. In computing our nursing scores, we factor in both nursing hours and the training levels of those nurses. This facility provided just 0.3 hours of nursing care per patient per day. This is a low total compared to most other facilities. Despite having low quantities of nursing care, this facility actually excelled in some of the quality-based metrics we assessed. It performed well when it comes to minimizing its residents' major falls and pressure ulcers. Many consider these areas to be reliable indicators of the quality of nursing care. In some cases, the quality of nursing care is just as important as the number of hours of care offered.
Short-term Care Quality
Moving on to our next category, this nursing home didn't perform well. With a very poor grade of F in short-term care, this is this nursing home's poorest area. Our short-term care grades are likely more critical for those in need of a nursing home for rehabilitation. Rehabilitation generally requires higher levels of highly-skilled nursing. This means not merely nursing, but also physical and respiratory therapy, as well as other forms of therapy. It appears that this place was subpar in terms of its quantity of physical therapy and registered nurse hours offered to its residents based on the measures we assessed. The final metric we considered in this category is the percentage of residents who returned home from the nursing home. This nursing home struggled quite a bit in this area as well, with just 4.4 percent of its residents returning home. This was well below average.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
The Heights of Tomball Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In The Heights of Tomball, 7.79% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This is the percent of residents who sustained a pressure ulcer. Pressure ulcers are damage to the skin caused by staying in one position for too long.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In The Heights of Tomball, 3.33% of Patients had Serious Falls
This statistic measures the percentage of long-term stay patients who suffered falls leading to serious injury. Falls can happen for a variety of reasons, but excessive numbers of falls could be a sign of lower quality nursing care.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In The Heights of Tomball, 1.51% of Patients had UTIs
This is an indication of the percentage of long-term care patients that have experienced a UTI. UTI's could be an indicator of a nursing home with worse hygiene protocols. Nevertheless, this statistic may be misleading for some nursing homes due to different reporting standards for UTI's.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In The Heights of Tomball, 11.48% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This figure tells you the percent of long-term residents that were given antipsychotic medication. Increased usage of these drugs may suggest that a facility is using these medications to subdue residents in scenarios where such drugs are not medically required. However, some nursing homes may need to rely on these medications due to having more residents with dementia.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In The Heights of Tomball, 22.56% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This is the percentage of patients who were given antianxiety medications. These medications are prescribed to patients experiencing depression or anxiety.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In The Heights of Tomball, 4.81% of Patients
This tells you the percent of patients who are showing symptoms of depression. Higher rates of depression could indicate worse patient care.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In The Heights of Tomball, 94.64% of Patients
This tells you the percentage of patients who were given the pneumonia and flu vaccines. High vaccination rates should be the norm at this point.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In The Heights of Tomball, 17.1% Percentage of Patients
This tells you the percentage of patients who required more assistance with activities of daily living over time.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In The Heights of Tomball, 16.36% Percentage of Residents
This metric measures the percentage of long-term residents who remained mobile levels. Many in the industry argue that the ability to move around is critical to patients physical and mental health.
In The Heights of Tomball, 1.67 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
This is the number of times residents are hospitalized per thousand days of care. There is a correlation between staying out of the hospital and the overall quality of long-term care.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In The Heights of Tomball, 16.36 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This datapoint measures the number of rehospitalizations per thousand days of short-term care. Minimizing rehospitalizations during rehabilitation is key to restoring the physical well-being of residents.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In The Heights of Tomball, 11.4 Percentage of Patients
This indicates the number of times residents are sent to the emergency room per thousand days of short-term care.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In The Heights of Tomball, 66.86% Percentage of Resident
This tells you the percent of short-term care residents that saw functional improvements, such as with activities of daily living.
Scores for Tomball, TX
- Overall Rating has a grade of C
- Nurse Rating has a grade of D
- Long-term Care Rating has a grade of C
- Short-term Care Rating has a grade of D
- Inspection Rating has a grade of A
Looking for more options? Tomball, Texas has 4 other nursing homes
- Hca Houston Healthcare TomballAcute Care Hospitals 0.73 miles away605 Holderrieth Tomball Texas 77375Proprietary(281) 351-1623
- First Texas HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 6.56 miles away9922 Louetta Rd Houston Texas 77070Proprietary(844) 264-1435
- St Luke's Hospital at the VintageAcute Care Hospitals 6.91 miles away20171 Chasewood Park Drive Houston Texas 77070Proprietary(832) 534-5000
- Houston Methodist Willowbrook HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 9 miles away18220 Tomball Parkway Houston Texas 77070Voluntary non-profit - Private(281) 477-1000
- Tops Surgical Specialty HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 11.61 miles away17080 Red Oak Drive Houston Texas 77090Physician(281) 539-2900
- Intracare North HospitalPsychiatric 11.82 miles away1120 Cypress Station Dr Houston Texas 77090Voluntary non-profit - Private(281) 893-7200
- Hca Houston Healthcare NorthwestAcute Care Hospitals 11.91 miles away710 Cypress Creek Parkway Houston Texas 77090Proprietary(281) 440-1000
- Emil J Freireich Cancer CenterAcute Care Hospitals 12.2 miles away9201 Pinecroft Spring Texas 77380Proprietary(855) 353-2201
- Bio-Medical Applications of Texas, Inc0.28 miles away13730 Alice Rd Ste D Tomball Texas 77377Dialysis Stations: 17 (832) 639-0170
- Tomball Dialysis Center1.18 miles away27720 a Tomball Pky Tomball Texas 77375CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 25 (281) 351-6802
- Vintage Dialysis6.61 miles away20025 Chasewook Park Drive Houston Texas 77070Dialysis Stations: 17 (281) 251-0966
- Cypress Fairfield Dialysis8.34 miles away15103 Mason Rd Ste d5 Cypress Texas 77433Dialysis Stations: 24 (281) 758-1380
- Willowbrook Dialysis8.93 miles away12120 Jones Road, Suite G Houston Texas 77070CMS Rating: 1 stars Dialysis Stations: 12 (281) 890-7288
- Dialyspa Vintage Park9.01 miles away102 Vintage Park Blvd Bldg L Suite A Houston Texas 77070Dialysis Stations: 18 (713) 218-6500
- Fmc Spring Klein Dialysis Center, LLC9.2 miles away5230 Fm 2920 Rd. Spring Texas 77388Dialysis Stations: 13 (281) 350-1756
- Bio-Medical Applications of Texas, Inc.9.85 miles away3 Windcrest National Magnolia Texas 77354Dialysis Stations: 13 (936) 224-3103