The Arbor at Laurel Circle is a small nursing home located in Bridgewater, New Jersey. Sporting an overall grade of A, this facility is one of the most impressive nursing homes we assessed. We ranked this nursing home in the 100 best facilities in New Jersey, which is a distinguished list. One of the major highlights of this facility's stellar report card is its inspection reports. We discuss inspections in the next section.
The Arbor at Laurel Circle
- Nursing Home
- Independent Living
- Assisted Living
- Memory Care
Updated Sep 1, 2022 by Nick Lata
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- Is CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- For profit - Limited Liability company
- Secure Memory Care
- Offers Post-Acute Care
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Offers Outpatient Rehab
- Personal Care
- Medication Management
- Meal Delivery
- Home Making
- Medical Transportation
- Speech Therapy
- Stroke Recovery
- IV Antibiotic Therapy
- Wound Care
- Occupational Therapy
- Mental Health
- Diabetes Management
- Physical Therapy
- Respiratory Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
- Recreational Therapy
- Orthopedic Rehabilitation
Registered Staff Hours
We also wanted to emphasize the fact that this nursing home earned near flawless government inspections recently. We awarded them an impressive grade of A+ in this category. These inspection grades weigh several factors, including deficiencies, substantiated complaints and federal fines. You can find more information about each of these factors by reviewing copies of nursing homes' inspection reports. This particular nursing home had just a single deficiency on its inspection report and it was not one deemed to pose a threat to patient health or safety. Finally, this facility had no substantiated complaints this year from residents, which is an excellent sign.
Short-term Care Quality
We also would like to point out the fact that this nursing home received a superb grade of A in our short-term care area. In calculating our short-term care grades, we size up the nursing home's levels of highly skilled nursing, which includes registered nurses, physical therapists speech therapists and other highly trained professionals. This score is more often than not a meaningful measure of a facility's rehabilitation services. Fortunately, it appear that this nursing home employs registered nurses. Not every facility employs these types of nurses. However, according to the information they provided, it does not look like the facility employs physical therapists. The last measure we assessed in this area is the number of residents that ultimately returned home from the nursing home. We found that 6.4 percent of this nursing home's residents returned home as opposed to remaining at the facility on a permanent basis.
Does this page answer your questions about The Arbor at Laurel Circle?
This facility also excelled in the area of nursing, where it received a grade of A. Few nursing homes performed better in this area. Nursing scores are heavily correlated with levels of nurse staffing. This nursing home provides 0.5 hours of nursing care per resident per day. Finally, our nursing grades also factor in quality-based assessments, such as avoiding major falls. This facility performed well in this area. Avoiding major falls is typically a good indicator that a nursing home has reliable quality controls in place. Major falls can often be prevented if more nurses aids and better safety protocols are in place.
Long-term Care Quality
In our last category, this facility also was given an impressive long-term care grade, with a grade of A-. This rounded out a very favorable report card. Facilities that receive this kind of score in long-term care typically provide consistent around the clock care to ensure patients are well cared for. After looking at the quantity of care provided by aids and other staff, we turned to the facility's vaccination records. This facility vaccinated 98.46154 percent of its patients for pneumonia, which is far higher than most nursing homes. Clearly, this place is doing something right in this area as it also excelled at keeping its patients out of the hospital. Indeed, it had less than one hospitalization per 1,000 long-term resident days, which is a remarkably low number.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
The Arbor at Laurel Circle Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In The Arbor at Laurel Circle, 9.28% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This is the percent of patients who sustained a pressure ulcer. Pressure ulcers are considered by many in the nursing home industry to be an indicator of nursing care at a nursing home. Pressure ulcers, which are also known as bed sores, are routinely the result of residents staying in one position for too long.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In The Arbor at Laurel Circle, 2.53% of Patients had Serious Falls
This datapoint is an indication of the percentage of long-term patients who had a fall leading to serious injury. This is one of the statistics we use in calculating nursing grades.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In The Arbor at Laurel Circle, 1.65% of Patients had UTIs
This metric is a measure of the percentage of long-term care residents who experienced a UTI. Although more infections may reflect poorly on a nursing home's hygiene protocols, it can be problematic to compare different nursing homes due to inconsistent reporting standards.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In The Arbor at Laurel Circle, 10.6% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This metric gauges the percentage of long-term residents who are administered antipsychotic drugs. High levels of antipsychotic drug use may mean a nursing home is using these drugs to subdue residents in situations where such drugs are not medically required. Nevertheless, some facilities may need to rely on these drugs due to an increased number of residents with dementia.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In The Arbor at Laurel Circle, 17.42% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This is the percentage of patients who were given antianxiety drugs. Antianxiety medications are administered to patients suffering from depression or anxiety.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In The Arbor at Laurel Circle, 5.95% of Patients
This datapoint measures the percent of long-term care patients who are exhibiting signs of depression. Some experts argue this is a measure of patient quality of care.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In The Arbor at Laurel Circle, 91.97% of Patients
This datapoint measures the percentage of long-term residents who were vaccinated against pneumonia and flu.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In The Arbor at Laurel Circle, 10.68% Percentage of Patients
This indicates the percent of patients that needed increased assistance with activities of daily living over time.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In The Arbor at Laurel Circle, 12.9% Percentage of Residents
This is a measure of the percentage of long-term patients that maintained mobility.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In The Arbor at Laurel Circle, 12.9 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This tells you the number of rehospitalizations per thousand days of short-term patient care. There is usually a correlation between having fewer hospitalizations and a nursing homes short-term rehabilitation performance.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In The Arbor at Laurel Circle, 8.37 Percentage of Patients
This indicates the number of emergency room visits per thousand days of short-term care. There is usually a correlation between staying out of the emergency room and the quality of short-term care.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In The Arbor at Laurel Circle, 80.92% Percentage of Resident
This metric is a measure of the percent of short-term stay residents who saw functional improvements.
Scores for Bridgewater, NJ
- Overall Rating has a grade of A-minus
- Nurse Rating has a grade of A-minus
- Long-term Care Rating has a grade of B-plus
- Short-term Care Rating has a grade of B-plus
- Inspection Rating has a grade of A-plus
Looking for more options? Bridgewater, New Jersey has 3 other nursing homes
- Robert Wood Johnson University Hospital SomersetAcute Care Hospitals 0.5 miles away110 Rehill Ave Somerville New Jersey 08876Voluntary non-profit - Private(908) 685-2200
- Saint Peter's University HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 8.53 miles away254 Easton Ave New Brunswick New Jersey 08901Voluntary non-profit - Church(732) 745-8600
- Jfk Medical Ctr - Anthony M. Yelencsics CommunityAcute Care Hospitals 12.64 miles away65 James Street Edison New Jersey 08818Voluntary non-profit - Private(732) 321-7000
- Hunterdon Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 14.32 miles away2100 Wescott Drive Flemington New Jersey 08822Voluntary non-profit - Private(908) 788-6100
- Overlook Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 15.77 miles away99 Beauvoir Avenue Summit New Jersey 07902Voluntary non-profit - Other(908) 522-2000
- Robert Wood Johnson University Hospital at RahwayAcute Care Hospitals 15.86 miles away865 Stone St Rahway New Jersey 07065Voluntary non-profit - Private(732) 381-4200
- Morristown Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 16.35 miles away100 Madison Ave Morristown New Jersey 07960Voluntary non-profit - Private(973) 971-5000
- Raritan Bay Medical Center Perth Amboy DivisionAcute Care Hospitals 16.59 miles away530 New Brunswick Ave Perth Amboy New Jersey 08861Voluntary non-profit - Private(732) 442-3700
- Physicians Dialysis Somerville1.75 miles away1 Route 206 North Somerville New Jersey 08876CMS Rating: 5 stars Dialysis Stations: 16 (908) 450-0396
- Davita Bridgewater Dialysis Ctr2.82 miles away2121 Route 22 West Bound Brook New Jersey 08805CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 15 (732) 469-7202
- Davita Hillsborough Dialysis5.4 miles away220 Triangle Road Hillsborough New Jersey 08844Dialysis Stations: 10 (908) 369-0398
- Fresenius Medical Care Piscataway6.61 miles away1135 Easton Ave Somerset New Jersey 08875Dialysis Stations: 18 (732) 220-1043
- Shining Star Davita Somerset Dialysis7.72 miles away240 Churchill Avenue Somerset New Jersey 08873CMS Rating: 2 stars Dialysis Stations: 18 (732) 937-5000
- Dci Somerset8.23 miles away950 Hamilton Street Somerset New Jersey 08873Dialysis Stations: 12 (732) 519-6749
- Davita Hamilton Street Dialysis8.27 miles away920 Hamilton Street Suite C-3 Somerset New Jersey 08873Dialysis Stations: 10 (732) 220-1593
- Fmc So Plainfield8.36 miles away2201 S Clinton Ave South Plainfield New Jersey 07080Dialysis Stations: 15 (908) 668-8007