St Luke's Living Center is located in the densely populated metropolitan area of New Orleans, Louisiana. It looks like this is a good facility. We awarded it an overall grade of B, which is a quality score. This is one of the three highest rated nursing homes in the city. This nursing home is better in some categories than others, but it did not have any poor grades in any of the four major categories. More information about these categories can be found below.
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
St Luke's Living Center
- Nursing Home
- Assisted Living
Updated Sep 1, 2023 by Nick Lata
4201 Woodland Drive,
New Orleans LA 70131
Get pricing and details on New Orleans senior living options.Get Pricing
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- For profit - Corporation
- Offers Hospice
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Personal Care
- Medication Management
- Home Making
- Speech Therapy
- Occupational Therapy
- Physical Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
To pair with its strong overall score, we gave this place an A- for the area of inspections. We weigh several aspects of a nursing home's inspection report in determining these inspection grades. One key factor is deficiencies. It should be noted that the severity of deficiencies is arguably more meaningful than the quantity of deficiencies, as some deficiencies can be relatively insignificant. While this facility had a few minor dings on its government inspection report, it had no severe deficiencies. Severe deficiencies are found in categories G, H, I, J, K and L. This tells you the inspectors did not consider any of the deficiencies on this facility's report to pose an imminent threat to patient health or safety. Keep in mind that deficiency-free inspections are rare in this industry.
This facility received a very good nursing grade this year as well. It received one of our better scores in that category with a grade of B+. Nursing grades are primarily based on the nursing home's nurse staffing. This nursing home averages 0 hours of nursing care per resident per day. Finally, we also looked at several nursing quality measures and this facility excelled in some of these areas. With less than five percent of its residents sustaining pressure ulcers, it performed as well as any facility Louisiana in this category. This is generally a good indicator of quality nursing care. Pressure ulcers can often be prevented by offering better nursing care, such as employing a protocol of turning a patient even once per day.
Does this page answer your questions about St Luke's Living Center?
Long-term Care Quality
Turning to the third area, this facility also received a score of B+ for its long-term care rating. This is a well above average score in this area. Long-term care grades in this range generally require both around the clock care from nurses and aids, as well as quality routine healthcare services. Once we assessed the quantity of care provided by nurses and other staff, we turned to the nursing home's vaccination records. It doesn't appear that this nursing home provided information about vaccinations. Clearly, this nursing home is doing something right in this area as it also excelled at keeping its residents out of the hospital. It had less than one hospitalization per 1,000 long-term resident days, which is a remarkably low number.
Short-term Care Quality
The last area we graded was short-term care. This facility was given a C for the category. In our short-term care assessment, we strive to create a fair barometer for rehabilitation. In doing so, we look at the nursing home's levels of highly-skilled nursing services, including both registered nurses and physical therapy, as well as respiratory therapy. Unfortunately, we weren't able to track down registered nurse or physical therapy staffing data for this place. Lastly, we considered the percentage of residents who were able to return to the community from this nursing home. We found that 3.9 percent of this facility's residents returned home. At most facilities, closer to half of their patients are able to return home so this figure is below average.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Scores for New Orleans, LA
- Overall Rating has a grade of C
- Nurse Rating has a grade of C
- Long-term Care Rating has a grade of B
- Short-term Care Rating has a grade of C
- Inspection Rating has a grade of B-plus
Looking for more options? New Orleans, Louisiana has 13 other nursing homes
- St Bernard Parish HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 3.06 miles away8000 West Judge Perez Drive Chalmette Louisiana 70043Government - Hospital District or Authority(504) 826-9500
- Tulane Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 5.76 miles away1415 Tulane Ave New Orleans Louisiana 70112Voluntary non-profit - Private(504) 988-5263
- Touro InfirmaryAcute Care Hospitals 6.07 miles away1401 Foucher Street New Orleans Louisiana 70115Voluntary non-profit - Private(504) 897-8247
- University Medical Center New OrleansAcute Care Hospitals 6.21 miles away2000 Canal Street New Orleans Louisiana 70112Voluntary non-profit - Private(504) 903-3000
- West Jefferson Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 6.39 miles away1101 Medical Center Blvd Marrero Louisiana 70072Voluntary non-profit - Private(504) 347-5511
- Childrens HospitalChildrens 8.09 miles away200 Henry Clay Ave New Orleans Louisiana 70118Voluntary non-profit - Private(504) 899-9511
- New Orleans East HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 8.23 miles away5620 Read Blvd New Orleans Louisiana 70127Government - Hospital District or Authority(504) 592-6600
- Ochsner Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 9.74 miles away1516 Jefferson Hwy New Orleans Louisiana 70121Voluntary non-profit - Private(504) 842-3000
- Davita - Westbank Chronic Renal Ctr1.51 miles away3631 Behrman Pl New Orleans Louisiana 70114CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 25 (504) 366-0808
- Davita - Algiers Dialysis1.68 miles away2924 General Degaulle Dr New Orleans Louisiana 70114Dialysis Stations: 13 (504) 367-0006
- Fkc - Algiers2.34 miles away2908 General Degualle Dr New Orleans Louisiana 70114Dialysis Stations: 13 (504) 227-1521
- Dci - Westbank-Gretna2.44 miles away1010 Behrman Hwy Gretna Louisiana 70056Dialysis Stations: 22 (504) 391-9572
- Fkc - Chalmette2.88 miles away3027 Jean Lafitte Pkwy Chalmette Louisiana 70043Dialysis Stations: 13 (504) 682-2877
- Davita - Oakwood Dialysis2.94 miles away148 Hector Ave Gretna Louisiana 70056Dialysis Stations: 12 (504) 376-1603
- Fmcna - Gretna3.67 miles away959 Behrman Hgwy Gretna Louisiana 70056Dialysis Stations: 17 (504) 391-1041
- Chalmette Dialysis Ctr3.92 miles away4020 Paris Rd Chalmette Louisiana 70043Dialysis Stations: 16 (504) 277-8423