Ridgecrest Rehabilitation Center is a nursing home in Omaha, Nebraska which has a total of 518,429 people. This facility received an overall grade of D based on the data we looked at. If you aren't happy with this facility's overall grade, you should be able to find a better option in Omaha. The city has at least 10 other nursing homes. If you aren't deterred by this nursing home's report card, feel free to continue reading to find out about its category grades. We discuss nursing in the next paragraph.
Ridgecrest Rehabilitation Center
- Nursing Home
- Memory Care
Updated Sep 1, 2022 by Nick Reese
Please note our records indicate that Ridgecrest Rehabilitation Center has changed ownership recently and while our data on this page is up-to-date there is a chance that the quality of this facility may change under new management.
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- Is CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- For profit - Corporation
- Secure Memory Care
- Offers Hospice
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Personal Care
- Medication Management
- Home Making
- Medical Transportation
- Speech Therapy
- Stroke Recovery
- IV Antibiotic Therapy
- Palliative Care
- Wound Care
- Occupational Therapy
- Mental Health
- Diabetes Management
- Physical Therapy
- Respiratory Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
- Recreational Therapy
- Pain Management
- Orthopedic Rehabilitation
Registered Staff Hours
Although we did not rate this facility favorably overall, we want to point out its relatively favorable nursing grade this year. We gave it a B in this category, which was much better than its overall rating. Nursing grades are based in large part on levels of nurse staffing. This facility provided 0.3 hours of nursing care per resident per day. Finally, our nursing grades also factor in quality-based assessments, such as avoiding major falls. This nursing home performed well in this area. Avoiding major falls is typically a good indicator that a facility has reliable quality controls in place. Major falls can many times be avoided if more nurses aids and better safety protocols are in place.
Short-term Care Quality
This nursing home's next most favorable area was its short-term care score, where it received a B-. In calculating these short-term care scores, we assess the facility's skilled nursing services, such as those performed by registered nurses, speech therapists, physical therapists and other types of skilled professionals. The purpose is to formulate a barometer for comparing the rehabilitation services of various facilities. Unfortunately, we found that this place provided fewer physical therapist and registered nurse hours per resident than most other facilities. Lastly, we looked at the percentage of patients that were able to return home from this facility. We found that 0 percent of this facility's patients were able to return home. This figure was quite a bit below average.
Does this page answer your questions about Ridgecrest Rehabilitation Center?
Long-term Care Quality
We gave this facility just a D for our long-term care score. This is not one of our better scores. Facilities that receive this type of grade in long-term care may not provide the kind of consistent around the clock care that some other facilities offer. On top of assessing the quantity of care provided by nurses aids and other staff, we also looked at the number of residents vaccinated for pneumonia. We were a bit worried that this nursing home vaccinated just 80.71749 percent of its residents. Surprisingly, this facility was actually decent at keeping its patients out of the hospital. Indeed, it had only 0.02 hospitalizations per one thousand long-term resident days. This is its best feature in this category.
Turning our final area of inspections, this nursing home received an F in this area. Since this data is compiled by government inspectors, we heavily weight poor results in this category. For facilities with bad inspection grades, you should really scrutinize any severe deficiencies found on their recent inspection reports. This facility had a category G through L deficiency, which rank among the more severe deficiencies. This generally indicates that the deficiencies uncovered by the government inspectors had potential to create actual harm to residents. Finally, we also would like to draw your attention to the fact that this facility was assessed significant government fines in recent years of over $100,000. This usually indicates that a bad performance has been an issue for more than one year.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Ridgecrest Rehabilitation Center Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Ridgecrest Rehabilitation Center, 5.27% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This datapoint is an indication of the percentage of long-term stay patients which are suffering from pressure ulcers. We have found that pressure ulcers are an measure of quality of care.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Ridgecrest Rehabilitation Center, 4.96% of Patients had Serious Falls
This is an indication of the percent of long-term patients who have experienced falls leading to major injury. Falls can arise for a variety of reasons, but excessive numbers of falls may be a sign of poor nursing care.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Ridgecrest Rehabilitation Center, 3.66% of Patients had UTIs
This is the percent of residents who have had a urinary tract infection. These infections may be associated with inadequate hygiene.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Ridgecrest Rehabilitation Center, 18.62% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This statistic indicates the percentage of long-term patients who are administered antipsychotic medication. Excessive reliance on these medications may suggest that a facility is using these medications to subdue residents in situations where such medications are not medically indicated. Nevertheless, some nursing homes may need to rely more on these medications due to having more residents with dementia.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Ridgecrest Rehabilitation Center, 19.92% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This is the percentage of patients given antianxiety drugs. Antianxiety drugs are administered to residents suffering from depression or anxiety.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Ridgecrest Rehabilitation Center, 4.32% of Patients
Measures the percentage of long-term care patients demonstrating signs of depression.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Ridgecrest Rehabilitation Center, 93.19% of Patients
This indicates the percentage of patients that were administered the pneumonia and flu vaccines. Higher vaccination rates should be the norm at this point.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Ridgecrest Rehabilitation Center, 14.85% Percentage of Patients
This tells you the percent of patients that required additional assistance with activities of daily living over time. Higher levels of needing for assistance with activities of daily living could be a sign of the decline of a resident's health.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Ridgecrest Rehabilitation Center, 18.85% Percentage of Residents
This indicates the percent of patients that maintained mobility over time. Optimizing mobility is often a good sign for residents' health.
In Ridgecrest Rehabilitation Center, 1.37 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
This tells you the number of hospitalizations per thousand days of patient care.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Ridgecrest Rehabilitation Center, 18.85 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This metric tracks the number of times residents are rehospitalized per 1,000 days of short-term resident care. Keeping residents out of the hospital during rehabilitation is important to restoring the physical abilities of patients.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Ridgecrest Rehabilitation Center, 9.35 Percentage of Patients
This tells you the number of emergency room visits per 1,000 days of short-term patient care.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Ridgecrest Rehabilitation Center, 77.76% Percentage of Resident
This metric is a measure of the percentage of short-term patients that experienced functional improvements, such as with activities of daily living. Many in the industry argue that this is a measure of a facility's rehabilitation services.
Scores for Omaha, NE
- Overall Rating has a grade of B
- Nurse Rating has a grade of B-plus
- Long-term Care Rating has a grade of B
- Short-term Care Rating has a grade of B-plus
- Inspection Rating has a grade of A-minus
Looking for more options? Omaha, Nebraska has 21 other nursing homes
- Chi Health ImmanuelAcute Care Hospitals 3.33 miles away6901 North 72nd St Omaha Nebraska 68122Voluntary non-profit - Private(402) 572-2121
- Children's Hospital & Medical CenterChildrens 6.2 miles away8200 Dodge St Omaha Nebraska 68114Voluntary non-profit - Private(402) 955-5400
- Methodist HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 6.23 miles away8303 Dodge St Omaha Nebraska 68114Voluntary non-profit - Private(402) 354-4000
- Chi Health Creighton University Medical Center - BAcute Care Hospitals 7.04 miles away7500 Mercy Rd Omaha Nebraska 68124Voluntary non-profit - Private(402) 398-6060
- Chi Health Mercy Council BluffsAcute Care Hospitals 7.4 miles away800 Mercy Drive Council Bluffs Iowa 51503Voluntary non-profit - Private(712) 328-5000
- Methodist Jennie EdmundsonAcute Care Hospitals 7.54 miles away933 East Pierce Street Council Bluffs Iowa 51503Voluntary non-profit - Private(712) 396-6000
- Orthonebraska HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 11.18 miles away2808 South 143rd Plz Omaha Nebraska 68144Physician(402) 609-1600
- Chi Health LakesideAcute Care Hospitals 12.93 miles away16901 Lakeside Hills Ct Omaha Nebraska 68130Voluntary non-profit - Church(402) 717-8167
- Omaha Florence Dialysis0.16 miles away7454 N 30th St Omaha Nebraska 68112Dialysis Stations: 12 (402) 451-0723
- Rai Care Center - Ames Ave2.45 miles away5084 Ames Ave Omaha Nebraska 68104Dialysis Stations: 17 (402) 451-7754
- Sorensen Park Dialysis3.5 miles away6212 N 73rd Plaza #100 Omaha Nebraska 68134Dialysis Stations: 12 (402) 571-4147
- Dialysis Clinics, Inc - Omaha4.55 miles away3316 Dodge St. Omaha Nebraska 68131CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 30 (402) 342-0190
- Omaha Central Dialysis4.64 miles away144 S 40th Street Omaha Nebraska 68131Dialysis Stations: 17 (402) 558-0818
- Rai Care Center5.92 miles away4411 Center Ste A Omaha Nebraska 68105CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 20 (402) 558-3284
- Childrens Hospital & Medical Center6.25 miles away111 N 84th St Omaha Nebraska 68114Dialysis Stations: 3 (402) 955-5333
- Council Bluffs Dialysis Center7.27 miles away300 W Broadway Suite 150 Council Bluffs Iowa 51503CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 24 (712) 388-0261