Ridgecrest Rehabilitation Center is a nursing home in Omaha, Nebraska which has a total of 518,429 people. This facility received an overall grade of D based on the data we looked at. If you are not happy with this facility's pedestrian overall grade, you will be pleased to know there are eight other nursing homes in Omaha. We wouldn't blame you if you're ready to stop reading and find another nursing home. However, if you want to learn more about this place's category grades, short-term care grades are discussed in the next paragraph.
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
Ridgecrest Rehabilitation Center
- Nursing Home
- Memory Care
Updated Apr 1, 2023 by Nick Reese
Please note our records indicate that Ridgecrest Rehabilitation Center has changed ownership recently and while our data on this page is up-to-date there is a chance that the quality of this facility may change under new management.
Get pricing and details on Omaha senior living options.Get Pricing
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- Is CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- For profit - Limited Liability company
- Secure Memory Care
- Offers Hospice
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Personal Care
- Medication Management
- Home Making
- Medical Transportation
- Speech Therapy
- Stroke Recovery
- IV Antibiotic Therapy
- Palliative Care
- Wound Care
- Occupational Therapy
- Mental Health
- Diabetes Management
- Physical Therapy
- Respiratory Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
- Recreational Therapy
- Pain Management
- Orthopedic Rehabilitation
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
Registered Staff Hours
Short-term Care Quality
This facility earned a very good grade in the area of short-term care. We awarded it a B for that category, which is one of our better scores. With our short-term care category, we attempt to forge a valuable measure for rehabilitation. In this process, we analyze the facility's levels of highly-skilled nursing services, including both registered nurses and physical therapy, as well as occupational therapy. Fortunately, it appear that this nursing home has registered nurses on staff. Not all facilities employs these types of nurses. However, based on the information this nursing home provided, it does not look like the facility employs physical therapists. The last statistic we considered in this area is the number of patients that eventually returned home from the nursing home. We found that 0 percent of this nursing home's residents returned home as opposed to remaining at the facility on a permanent basis.
One of the other reasons we graded this facility so highly is that it earned a very impressive nursing rating. Nursing proved to be its second best category grade. In that area, we gave this nursing home a grade of B-. Our nursing score consists of several subcategories, however, the paramount consideration is the quantity of nurse hours per patient per week. This nursing home provides only 0.3 hours of nursing care per resident daily. This is a somewhat alarming figure as it is well below the national average. Lastly, despite not having the most impressive total nursing hours per resident, this place actually performed admirably in the area of preventing major falls. This is often an indicator that a facility has quality controls in place.
Does this page answer your questions about Ridgecrest Rehabilitation Center?
Long-term Care Quality
The next area we analyzed is long-term care. This nursing home's was given a poor long-term care grade where it received an F. Facilities that do not fare well in long-term care often don't provide as much nursing care and also may be lagging in some of the areas of routine medical care we assessed. Once we assessed the amount of care provided by nurses aids and other staff, we next considered the nursing home's vaccination records. We were somewhat surprised to discover that this nursing home vaccinated just 67.82609 percent of its residents for pneumonia. To our surprise, this place was actually able to limit hospitalizations. With just 0.01 hospitalizations per one thousand long-term resident days, this nursing home has fewer hospitalizations than many nursing homes. This was its best feature in this category.
In the final category of inspections, this nursing home had an abysmal showing. Sadly, it received an F in our inspection rating. This happens to be the most heavily weighted category in our grading system. We would advise paying special attention to any deficiencies on a facility's inspection reports when it receives this bad of an inspection score. We suggest you pay close attention to the level of severity of the deficiencies. This facility was assessed one category G through L deficiency, which are among the more serious deficiencies. These categories indicate that the deficiencies uncovered by the government inspectors had potential to cause actual harm to residents. Lastly, we also want to draw your attention to the fact that this place received large government fines recently amounting to over $100,000. This often means that a nursing home's poor performance has been an issue for multiple years.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Ridgecrest Rehabilitation Center Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Ridgecrest Rehabilitation Center, 4.35% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This tells you the percentage of patients who have had a pressure ulcer. Pressure ulcers, also known as bed sores, are routinely caused by patients not being moved frequently enough. Better nursing care can minimize the number of pressure ulcers sustained by residents in a nursing home.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Ridgecrest Rehabilitation Center, 7.39% of Patients had Serious Falls
This indicates the percent of residents that sustained a fall resulting in serious injury.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Ridgecrest Rehabilitation Center, 2.71% of Patients had UTIs
This tells you the percentage of residents that sustained a urinary tract infection. Urinary tract infections are considered to be a measure of the quality of nursing care at a nursing home. UTI's are routinely associated with a nursing home with worse hygiene protocols. However, this statistic could also be skewed for some nursing homes due to inconsistent reporting standards for urinary tract infections.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Ridgecrest Rehabilitation Center, 37.68% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This statistic is an indication of the percentage of long-term stay residents who were administered antipsychotic medication. Excessive reliance on these medications may suggest that a facility is using these medications to subdue residents in scenarios where such medications are not medically required. However, some facilities may need to rely on these drugs due to an increased number of patients with cognitive disorders.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Ridgecrest Rehabilitation Center, 16.34% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This is a measure of the percentage of long-term patients taking antianxiety drugs.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Ridgecrest Rehabilitation Center, 3.47% of Patients
This tells you the percent of residents who are demonstrating signs of depression. Increased levels of depression could indicate worse patient care.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Ridgecrest Rehabilitation Center, 75.72% of Patients
This datapoint is a measure of the percent of long-term care patients that were administered the flu and pneumonia vaccines. Respiratory viruses can be fatal for nursing home patients, making these vaccines critical to patient health.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Ridgecrest Rehabilitation Center, 25.79% of Patients
Measures the percentage of long-term residents that needed additional assistance with activities of daily living over time. ADL's include activities such as getting dressed and continence.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Ridgecrest Rehabilitation Center, 35.34% of Residents
Measures the percent of long-term stay residents who remained mobile levels.
In Ridgecrest Rehabilitation Center, 0.01 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
This metric tracks the number of times residents are hospitalized per 1,000 days of patient care.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Ridgecrest Rehabilitation Center, 35.34% of Residents Rehospitalized
This is a measure of the number of rehospitalizations per thousand days of short-term resident care. Keeping residents out of the hospital during rehabilitation is important to restoring the physical well-being of patients.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Ridgecrest Rehabilitation Center, 26.23% of Patients
This is the number of times residents are sent to the emergency room per 1,000 days of short-term patient care.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Ridgecrest Rehabilitation Center, 83.72% of Resident
This tells you the percent of short-term care patients that experienced functional improvements, such as enhanced ability to perform activities of daily living. Higher levels of performance with ADL's usually correlates with better rehabilitation services.
Scores for Omaha, NE
- Overall Rating has a grade of B-plus
- Nurse Rating has a grade of B-plus
- Long-term Care Rating has a grade of B
- Short-term Care Rating has a grade of B-plus
- Inspection Rating has a grade of A
Looking for more options? Omaha, Nebraska has 8 other nursing homes
- Chi Health ImmanuelAcute Care Hospitals 3.33 miles away6901 North 72nd St Omaha Nebraska 68122Voluntary non-profit - Private(402) 572-2121
- Children's Hospital & Medical CenterChildrens 6.2 miles away8200 Dodge St Omaha Nebraska 68114Voluntary non-profit - Private(402) 955-5400
- Methodist HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 6.23 miles away8303 Dodge St Omaha Nebraska 68114Voluntary non-profit - Private(402) 354-4000
- Chi Health Creighton University Medical Center - BAcute Care Hospitals 7.04 miles away7500 Mercy Rd Omaha Nebraska 68124Voluntary non-profit - Private(402) 398-6060
- Chi Health Mercy Council BluffsAcute Care Hospitals 7.4 miles away800 Mercy Drive Council Bluffs Iowa 51503Voluntary non-profit - Private(712) 328-5000
- Methodist Jennie EdmundsonAcute Care Hospitals 7.54 miles away933 East Pierce Street Council Bluffs Iowa 51503Voluntary non-profit - Private(712) 396-6000
- Orthonebraska HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 11.18 miles away2808 South 143rd Plz Omaha Nebraska 68144Physician(402) 609-1600
- Chi Health LakesideAcute Care Hospitals 12.93 miles away16901 Lakeside Hills Ct Omaha Nebraska 68130Voluntary non-profit - Church(402) 717-8167
- Omaha Florence Dialysis0.16 miles away7454 N 30th St Omaha Nebraska 68112Dialysis Stations: 12 (402) 451-0723
- Rai Care Center - Ames Ave2.45 miles away5084 Ames Ave Omaha Nebraska 68104Dialysis Stations: 17 (402) 451-7754
- Sorensen Park Dialysis3.5 miles away6212 N 73rd Plaza #100 Omaha Nebraska 68134Dialysis Stations: 12 (402) 571-4147
- Dialysis Clinics, Inc - Omaha4.55 miles away3316 Dodge St. Omaha Nebraska 68131CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 30 (402) 342-0190
- Omaha Central Dialysis4.64 miles away144 S 40th Street Omaha Nebraska 68131Dialysis Stations: 17 (402) 558-0818
- Rai Care Center5.92 miles away4411 Center Ste A Omaha Nebraska 68105CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 20 (402) 558-3284
- Childrens Hospital & Medical Center6.25 miles away111 N 84th St Omaha Nebraska 68114Dialysis Stations: 3 (402) 955-5333
- Council Bluffs Dialysis Center7.27 miles away300 W Broadway Suite 150 Council Bluffs Iowa 51503CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 24 (712) 388-0261