With an address in Hackensack, New Jersey, Prospect Heights Cc is one of only three available nursing homes in the area. This proved to be a grade A facility, which is a phenomenal rating. We could not find many bad things to say about this place. Its grades are as good as they get. Headlining this place's exemplary profile is its inspection grade, which you can find in the next section.
Prospect Heights Cc
- Nursing Home
Updated Jun 1, 2022 by Nick Reese
- Accepts Medicare 1
- No Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- No Resident Council
- No Family Council
- For profit - Limited Liability company
- Offers Hospice
- Offers Post-Acute Care
- Offers Respite Care
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Offers Outpatient Rehab
- Personal Care
- Medication Management
- Home Making
- Medical Transportation
- Speech Therapy
- Stroke Recovery
- Amputee Recovery
- IV Antibiotic Therapy
- Wound Care
- Occupational Therapy
- Cardiac Therapy
- Tracheotomy Care
- Mental Health
- Physical Therapy
- Respiratory Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
- Recreational Therapy
- Pain Management
- Colostomy Care
- Orthopedic Rehabilitation
- Aquatic Therapy
Registered Staff Hours
On top of being a first rate facility overall, this nursing home also performed well in the area of inspections, where it earned a grade of A+. Few nursing homes fared this well in this area. Inspection ratings weigh several factors, including deficiencies and substantiated complaints. You can learn more about each of these factors by obtaining copies of nursing homes' inspection reports. While this place had some minor dings on its inspection report, it had no severe deficiencies. Severe deficiencies are found in categories G, H, I, J, K and L. This means the inspectors didn't deem any of the deficiencies on this facility's report to pose an imminent threat to patient safety or health. We should note that deficiency-free inspections are uncommon in the industry.
Short-term Care Quality
This facility also was given an A+ short-term care grade, making it one of the few nursing homes to be given more than one A+ category scores. Our short-term care grades are crucial for people looking for rehabilitation. Rehabilitation typically requires more highly-skilled nursing. Skilled nursing means a wide spectrum of nursing services, ranging from registered nurses to physical and speech therapists, as well as other types of therapy. We were pleased to find that this nursing home employs both registered nurses and physical therapists. The same can't be said for all nursing homes. Finally, we assessed the percentage of patients who were able to return to the community from this facility. We found that 7 percent of this facility's patients returned home.
Does this page answer your questions about Prospect Heights Cc?
Among its many impressive grades, this facility received an excellent nursing grade. In fact, we gave it a grade of A in that category. In determining our nursing grades, we weigh both the number of hours nurses spend with residents and the levels of licensure of those nurses. This nursing home provides 0.5 hours of nursing care per resident per day. Lastly, we also assessed some nursing quality measures in determining our nursing grades. This place performed very well in the area of minimizing its residents' major falls and pressure ulcers. We consider these areas to be good indicators of the quality of nursing care.
Long-term Care Quality
The final category we looked at is long-term care, in which this nursing home was awarded a grade of B-. This actually turned out to be this nursing home's worst category. This is nevertheless a middle of the pack score. For prospective patients in need of a permanent residence rather than rehabilitation, long-term care is a very important category. In addition to considering the amount of care provided by nurses and other staff, we looked at the percentage of residents vaccinated against pneumonia. This nursing home vaccinated 100 percent of its patients, which is higher than the average nursing home. Lastly, this place was also able to limit hospitalizations. Indeed, it had only 0 hospitalizations per one thousand long-term resident days, which is an impressively low number.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Prospect Heights Cc Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Prospect Heights Cc, 9.57% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This indicates the percent of residents that sustained a pressure ulcer. Pressure ulcers are considered by many experts to be a barometer of nursing care . Pressure ulcers, which are also called bed sores, are routinely the result of residents staying in one position for too long.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Prospect Heights Cc, 2.57% of Patients had Serious Falls
This metric gauges the percentage of long-term stay residents who sustained a fall which resulted in severe injury. We use this statistic in computing nursing grades.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Prospect Heights Cc, 1.73% of Patients had UTIs
This is the percent of patients that suffered from a urinary tract infection. Urinary tract infections are considered by many in the nursing home industry to be a measure of the quality of nursing care at a nursing home. UTI's are often the result of a facility with worst hygiene practices. Nevertheless, this datapoint could also be skewed for some facilities due to different reporting standards for UTI's.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Prospect Heights Cc, 10.75% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This is the percentage of patients given antipsychotic drugs. Antipsychotic drugs are administered to patients for a variety of conditions, such as cognitive disorders. Tragically, in limited situations, excessive reliance on these medications may mean that a nursing home is using these medications to subdue residents.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Prospect Heights Cc, 17.5% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This indicates the percent of patients given antianxiety medications. These medications are commonly given to residents experiencing depression and anxiety.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Prospect Heights Cc, 5.81% of Patients
This is the percent of patients exhibiting signs of depression.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Prospect Heights Cc, 92% of Patients
This datapoint measures the percent of long-term care residents who were administered the pneumonia and flu vaccines. Respiratory viruses can be fatal for nursing home patients, making these vaccines critical to patient safety.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Prospect Heights Cc, 10.99% Percentage of Patients
This datapoint measures the percent of long-term stay patients that required more assistance with activities of daily living over time. ADL's include activities such as taking medications and continence.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Prospect Heights Cc, 8.17 Percentage of Patients
This is the number of emergency room visits per thousand days of short-term patient care.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Prospect Heights Cc, 80.57% Percentage of Resident
This is the percent of short-term care residents who saw functional improvements, such as with activities of daily living.
- Hackensack University Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 0.74 miles away30 Prospect Ave Hackensack New Jersey 07601Voluntary non-profit - Private(551) 996-2000
- Holy Name Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 2.41 miles away718 Teaneck Rd Teaneck New Jersey 07666Voluntary non-profit - Private(201) 833-3000
- Englewood Hospital and Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 4.44 miles away350 Engle St Englewood New Jersey 07631Voluntary non-profit - Private(201) 894-3000
- Bergen New Bridge Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 4.53 miles away230 East Ridgewood Ave Paramus New Jersey 07652Government - Local(201) 967-4000
- St Mary's General HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 5.06 miles away350 Boulevard Passaic New Jersey 07055Proprietary(973) 365-4300
- St Joseph's University Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 5.9 miles away703 Main St Paterson New Jersey 07503Voluntary non-profit - Church(973) 754-2010
- Hackensack Meridian Health Pascack Valley MedicalAcute Care Hospitals 6.61 miles away250 Old Hook Road Westwood New Jersey 07675Proprietary(201) 383-1035
- Valley HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 6.68 miles away223 N Van Dien Avenue Ridgewood New Jersey 07450Voluntary non-profit - Private(201) 447-8000
- Fresenius Medical Care Hackensack0.42 miles away458 Passaic Street Hackensack New Jersey 07601Dialysis Stations: 19 (201) 342-0801
- Davita Hackensack0.99 miles away113 West Essex Street Maywood New Jersey 07607CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 36 (201) 843-3875
- Fmc Bergen Rcc1.29 miles away647 Cedar Lane Teaneck New Jersey 07666CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 24 (201) 692-1113
- Fmc Bergen Renal Home2.03 miles away222 Cedar Lane Suite 103 Teaneck New Jersey 07666Dialysis Stations: 2 (201) 692-0004
- Teterboro Dialysis2.29 miles away502 Route 46 West Teterboro New Jersey 07608Dialysis Stations: 18 (201) 288-0249
- Holy Name Renal Care Center, LLC2.33 miles away718 Teaneck Road Teaneck New Jersey 07666CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 30 (201) 833-1701
- Fresenius Medical Care Paramus2.81 miles away37 West Century Road Suite 108 Paramus New Jersey 07652CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 19 (201) 262-0429
- Davita Renal Center of Englewood3.93 miles away300 Grand Avenue Suite 103 Englewood New Jersey 07631Dialysis Stations: 3 (201) 731-3149