With an address in Pearl City, Hawaii, Pearl City Nursing Home is the sole option we identified in this area. This facility was given an A- overall, which is one of the most impressive scores that we offer. A score of this caliber requires first-rate scores across the board. We were so impressed with this nursing home that we ranked it in the top fifth of all nursing homes in the nation. We also gave this nursing home phenomenal scores in each of our categories. More information about these categories can be found below.
Pearl City Nursing Home
- Nursing Home
Updated Jun 1, 2022 by Nick Lata
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- For profit - Corporation
- Speech Therapy
- Occupational Therapy
- Tracheotomy Care
- Physical Therapy
- Respiratory Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
Registered Staff Hours
Short-term Care Quality
We also found that this facility excelled in our short-term care rating. We gave them an A+ in this area. Our short-term care scores are meaningful for people seeking rehabilitation. Rehabilitation generally utilizes higher levels of highly-skilled nursing. This means a wide range of nursing services, spanning from registered nurses to physical and respiratory therapists, as well as other forms of therapy. Fortunately, it looks like this nursing home employs registered nurses. Not every facility employs these skilled professionals. On the other hand, according to the information they provided, they do not appear to employ physical therapists. Lastly, we assessed the percentage of patients who were able to return to the community from this facility. We found that 7.4 percent of this facility's residents returned home.
In addition, this facility received high marks in the area of nursing. As a result, it received one of our highest grades in that category with a score of A+. We assessed the licensure of nurses at the nursing home, in addition to the quantity of hours the nurses spent with residents, in determining our score in this category. This facility provided 0.5 hours of nursing care per resident per day. Finally, our nursing grades also factor in quality-based assessments, such as avoiding major falls. This nursing home performed well in this area. Avoiding major falls is typically a good indicator that a nursing home has reliable quality controls in place. Major falls can typically be avoided if more nurses aids and better safety protocols are in place.
Does this page answer your questions about Pearl City Nursing Home?
Turning to another of this nursing home's strengths, it also earned a very impressive inspection rating. In fact, inspections proved to be one of its best category grades. In that category, we gave this facility an impressive grade of B+. Inspection scores account for a host of factors included in a nursing home's inspection report. One of the most important criteria we consider is the quantity and severity of deficiencies. Nursing homes with better scores in this category tend to have few severe deficiencies. This particular nursing home received 2 deficiencies on its inspection report. Overall, this is still a good inspection report, but we'd always recommend looking into any deficiencies you find troubling.
Long-term Care Quality
In the final category we assessed, this facility was given a very favorable grade of B+ in our long-term care category. With this grade, the facility rounded out an elite report card. When facilities receive a score in this range in long-term care it generally means it has plenty of staff and is an overall good place to reside on a permanent basis. On top of looking at the amount of care provided by aids and other staff, we looked at the percentage of residents vaccinated for pneumonia. This nursing home provided the vaccine to 97.49104 percent of its patients. Vaccines are critical to keeping patients healthy. Finally, this place was able to limit hospitalizations. Indeed, it had only 0.01 hospitalizations per 1,000 long-term resident days, which is a remarkably low figure.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Pearl City Nursing Home Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Pearl City Nursing Home, 5.65% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This statistic measures the percentage of long-term residents who are suffering from pressure ulcers. Many experts believe that pressure ulcers are a reliable barometer of the quality of nursing care a facility provides.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Pearl City Nursing Home, 2.15% of Patients had Serious Falls
This indicates the percentage of patients that sustained a major fall. Falls resulting in major injuries are routinely associated with lower quality nursing care. Better nursing protocols can reduce the number of major falls sustained by residents in a nursing home.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Pearl City Nursing Home, 2.54% of Patients had UTIs
This figure measures the percentage of long-term stay residents who sustained a UTI. UTI's may be an indicator of a facility with lower levels of hygiene. Nevertheless, this statistic could be skewed for certain facilities due to inconsistent reporting standards for these infections.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Pearl City Nursing Home, 8.93% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This datapoint tells you the percentage of long-term stay residents which are administered antipsychotic medication. High levels of antipsychotic drug use may indicate a facility is using these medications to control patient behavior in situations where such medications aren't medically indicated. However, some facilities may need to rely on these drugs due to an increased number of residents suffering from dementia.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Pearl City Nursing Home, 7.57% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This metric gauges the percentage of long-term stay patients taking antianxiety medications.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Pearl City Nursing Home, 1.47% of Patients
This metric measures the percent of long-term patients exhibiting signs of depression.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Pearl City Nursing Home, 97.19% of Patients
Measures the percent of long-term stay patients that received the flu and pneumonia vaccines.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Pearl City Nursing Home, 11.27% Percentage of Patients
This is the percent of residents who required additional assistance with activities of daily living over time.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Pearl City Nursing Home, 21.75% Percentage of Residents
This indicates the percent of residents that were able to retain mobility over time. Retaining mobility is often a great sign for residents' health.
In Pearl City Nursing Home, 0.91 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
This is a measure of the number of hospitalizations per thousand days of patient care.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Pearl City Nursing Home, 21.75 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This tells you the number of times residents are rehospitalized per 1,000 days of short-term care. There is a correlation between having fewer hospitalizations and a nursing home's quality of short-term rehabilitation.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Pearl City Nursing Home, 7.15 Percentage of Patients
This indicates the number of emergency room visits per 1,000 days of short-term care.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Pearl City Nursing Home, 75.81% Percentage of Resident
This metric measures the percentage of short-term patients that saw functional improvements, such as with activities of daily living. Many in the industry believe that this is a reasonable measure of a facility's rehabilitation performance.
- Pali Momi Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 2.33 miles away98-1079 Moanalua Road Aiea Hawaii 96701Proprietary(808) 486-6000
- Kaiser Foundation HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 5.4 miles away3288 Moanalua Rd Honolulu Hawaii 96819Voluntary non-profit - Private(808) 432-0000
- Tripler Amc (Ft Shafter)Acute Care - Department of Defense 6.21 miles away1 Jarrett White Rd Tripler Army Medical Center Hawaii 96859Department of Defense(808) 433-2778
- Wahiawa General HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 9.06 miles away128 Lehua Street Wahiawa Hawaii 96786Voluntary non-profit - Private(808) 621-8411
- Kuakini Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 9.71 miles away347 North Kuakini Street Honolulu Hawaii 96817Voluntary non-profit - Private(808) 536-2236
- The Queens Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 10.46 miles away1301 Punchbowl St Honolulu Hawaii 96813Voluntary non-profit - Private(808) 538-9011
- Straub Clinic and HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 10.98 miles away888 So King Street Honolulu Hawaii 96813Proprietary(808) 522-4000
- Kapiolani Medical Center for Women & ChildrenChildrens 11.97 miles away1319 Punahou Street Honolulu Hawaii 96826Voluntary non-profit - Private(808) 983-6000
- Dsi - Pearlridge Dialysis Center2.04 miles away98-1005 Moanalua Road, Suite 420 Island of Oahu Aiea Hawaii 96701CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 48 (808) 440-4800
- Dsi Waipahu Dialysis2.2 miles away94-862 Kahuailani Street Waipahu Hawaii 96797CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 24 (808) 678-6757
- Waipahu Dialysis2.27 miles away94-450 Mokuola Street #109 Waipahu Hawaii 96797CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 36 (808) 697-2200
- Liberty Dialysis Hawaii - Hawaii Salt Lake4.09 miles away4380 Lawehana Street, Ste 100 Honolulu Hawaii 96818Dialysis Stations: 24 (808) 423-6828
- Leeward Dialysis Facility5.38 miles away91-2137 Fort Weaver Road Ewa Beach Hawaii 96706CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 24 (808) 671-3042
- Liberty Dialysis Hawaii Mililani6.04 miles away95-1105 Ainamakua Dr Mililani Hawaii 96789Dialysis Stations: 35 (808) 626-6419
- Dsi - Kapolei Dialysis Center7.08 miles away555 Farrington Highway Kapolei Hawaii 96707CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 24 (808) 693-8980
- Us Renal Care West Oahu Dialysis7.43 miles away889 Kamokila Blvd Kapolei Hawaii 96707CMS Rating: 5 stars Dialysis Stations: 28 (808) 674-9604