Parkview Nursing is located in Wilmington, Delaware. Featuring an overall score of A, this is without a doubt a phenomenal nursing home. We really couldn't find many negative things to say about this place. Its ratings are impeccable. One of the major highlights of this facility's remarkable report card is its inspection reports. We discuss inspections in the next paragraph.
- Nursing Home
- Memory Care
Updated Sep 1, 2022 by Nick Reese
2801 W. 6th Street,
Wilmington DE 19805
73.26% estimated occupancy 1
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- Has Family Council
- Non profit - Other
- Secure Memory Care
- Offers Hospice
- Offers Post-Acute Care
- Offers Respite Care
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Personal Care
- Home Making
- Speech Therapy
- Stroke Recovery
- Amputee Recovery
- IV Antibiotic Therapy
- Palliative Care
- Wound Care
- Occupational Therapy
- Mental Health
- Diabetes Management
- Physical Therapy
- Respiratory Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
- Recreational Therapy
- Pain Management
- Colostomy Care
- Orthopedic Rehabilitation
- Total Parenteral Nutrition
Top Nursing Home in Delaware Awards 2019
Best Nursing Home in Delaware Awards 2020
Top Nursing Home in Delaware Awards 2021
Registered Staff Hours
One of the many reasons this turned out to be a quality nursing home is that it received an A+ inspection grade. This is simply as good as it gets in this critical category. Inspection grades weigh several factors, including deficiencies and substantiated complaints. You can find more information about each of these items by obtaining copies of nursing homes' inspection reports. Unfortunately, it does not appear that we have information on deficiency's for this nursing home. Without complete deficiency data for this nursing home, it is challenging to really grade it in the area of inspections.
Adding to its strong resume, this facility also received an excellent nursing score, with a grade of A. Our nursing score is mostly associated with the nursing home's level of nurse staffing. This nursing home provides 0.3 hours of nursing care per resident per day. Finally, we also assessed several nursing quality-based metrics and this facility excelled in some of these areas. With less than five percent of its residents sustaining pressure ulcers, it performed as well as any facility Delaware in this category. This is generally a good indicator of quality nursing care. Pressure ulcers can often be prevented by offering better nursing care, such as by having a protocol of turning residents at least once a day.
Does this page answer your questions about Parkview Nursing?
Short-term Care Quality
We also would like to note the fact that this nursing home was awarded a dominant score of A in our short-term care category. In computing these short-term care ratings, we assess the facility's skilled nursing services, including those performed by registered nurses, occupational therapists, physical therapists and other types of skilled professionals. The purpose is to devise a tool for comparing the rehabilitation services of different nursing homes. Fortunately, it looks like this facility employs registered nurses. Not all facilities employs these skilled professionals. On the other hand, based on the data they provided, it does not look like the facility employs physical therapists. Finally, we considered the percentage of patients that ultimately were able to return home from this facility. We found that 5.5 percent of this facility's residents returned home.
Long-term Care Quality
The final area we rated was long-term care. We gave this nursing home one of our better grades in this area, with a grade of B. While this is not as dominant as several of this nursing home's other grades, it is still a fine grade. Long-term care scores of this caliber generally require both 24/7 care from nurses and aids, as well as quality routine medical care. After looking at the volume of care provided by aids and other staff, we then looked at the facility's vaccination records. This facility vaccinated 98.64253 percent of its patients for pneumonia, which is far higher than the majority of nursing homes. Lastly, this facility was able to limit hospitalizations. Indeed, it had only 0.01 hospitalizations per one thousand long-term resident days, which is a remarkably low number.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Parkview Nursing Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Parkview Nursing, 5.85% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This indicates the percent of patients that suffered from a pressure ulcer. Pressure ulcers are considered by many in the nursing home industry to be a barometer of nursing care at a nursing home. Pressure ulcers, which are also called bed sores, are often the result of residents not being moved frequently enough.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Parkview Nursing, 3.56% of Patients had Serious Falls
This is the percent of residents who have had a major fall. Falls leading to major injury are considered by many experts to be an indicator of nursing care . Falls leading to injury are routinely caused by lower quality nursing care.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Parkview Nursing, 1.83% of Patients had UTIs
This is the percent of residents that sustained a urinary tract infection. These infections may be associated with poorer hygiene.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Parkview Nursing, 11.38% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This tells you the percent of patients who were given antipsychotic drugs. While antipsychotic drugs may be vital to many patients, it is important to make sure these drugs are being used only where medically required. In limited cases, increased usage of these drugs may mean a facility is using these medications to control patient behavior.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Parkview Nursing, 19.25% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This is the percent of residents prescribed antianxiety medications. Antianxiety medications are prescribed to residents suffering from depression and anxiety.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Parkview Nursing, 3.54% of Patients
This is the percent of residents who are showing depressive symptoms. Higher rates of depression may be an indicator a less hospitable environment.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Parkview Nursing, 94.07% of Patients
This tells you the percent of patients who received the flu and pneumonia vaccines. High vaccination rates should be demanded by residents.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Parkview Nursing, 14.59% Percentage of Patients
This datapoint measures the percent of long-term residents that needed more assistance with activities of daily living over time. Activities of daily living include activities such as dressing and using the bathroom.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Parkview Nursing, 20.95% Percentage of Residents
This datapoint is a measure of the percent of long-term care patients who were able to retain mobility. Some believe that mobility is critical to patients health.
In Parkview Nursing, 1.41 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
This is the number of hospitalizations per 1,000 days of patient care.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Parkview Nursing, 20.95 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This is a measure of the number of times residents are rehospitalized per thousand days of short-term resident care.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Parkview Nursing, 10.28 Percentage of Patients
This metric tracks the number of emergency room visits per thousand days of short-term care. Staying out of the emergency room is one way to measure patient care during rehabilitation.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Parkview Nursing, 75.7% Percentage of Resident
This metric measures the percent of short-term patients who experienced functional improvements.
Scores for Wilmington, DE
- Overall Rating has a grade of B-plus
- Nurse Rating has a grade of A-minus
- Long-term Care Rating has a grade of B
- Short-term Care Rating has a grade of A-minus
- Inspection Rating has a grade of B-plus
Looking for more options? Wilmington, Delaware has 15 other nursing homes
- Alfred I Dupont Hospital for ChildrenChildrens 2.39 miles away1600 Rockland Rd PO Box 269 Wilmington Delaware 19899Voluntary non-profit - Private(302) 651-4000
- Rockford CenterPsychiatric 5.94 miles away100 Rockford Drive Newark Delaware 19713Proprietary(302) 996-5480
- Christiana Care Health Services, Inc.Acute Care Hospitals 6.69 miles away4755 Ogletown-Stanton Road Newark Delaware 19718Voluntary non-profit - Private(302) 733-1000
- Salem Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 13.16 miles away310 Woodstown Road Salem New Jersey 08079Voluntary non-profit - Private(856) 935-1000
- Riddle Memorial HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 13.82 miles away1068 West Baltimore Pike Media Pennsylvania 19063Voluntary non-profit - Private(610) 566-9400
- Chester County HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 15.18 miles away701 East Marshall Street West Chester Pennsylvania 19380Voluntary non-profit - Private(610) 431-5000
- Jennersville HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 16.76 miles away1015 West Baltimore Pike West Grove Pennsylvania 19390Voluntary non-profit - Other(610) 869-1000
- Fresenius Kidney Care - Wilmington0.77 miles awaySt. Francis Medical Office Building, Suite 404 7th and Clayton Street Wilmington Delaware 19805Dialysis Stations: 17 (302) 421-9177
- Liberty Dialysis - Wilmington1.36 miles away913 Delaware Avenue Wilmington Delaware 19806CMS Rating: 2 stars Dialysis Stations: 18 (302) 429-0142
- Wilmington Veterans Administration Medical Center1.7 miles away1601 Kirkwood Highway Wilmington Delaware 19805Dialysis Stations: 5 (302) 994-2511
- Fresenius Kidney Care - Brandywine2.08 miles away303 a Street Wilmington Delaware 19801Dialysis Stations: 25 (302) 658-7469
- Alfred I. Dupont Hospital for Children Dialysis Center2.22 miles away1600 Rockland Road Wilmington Delaware 19899Dialysis Stations: 6 (302) 651-5374
- Fresenius Kidney Care - Riverside Park2.53 miles awayRiverside Medical Arts Complex, Suite g2 700 W. Lea Boulevard Wilmington Delaware 19802Dialysis Stations: 24 (302) 762-8585
- Fresenius Kidney Care - North Wilmington3.03 miles away4000 Washington Street Wilmington Delaware 19802Dialysis Stations: 17 (302) 762-2903
- Fresenius Kidney Care - Newport Pike3.35 miles away605 W. Newport Pike Wilmington Delaware 19804Dialysis Stations: 16 (302) 633-6228