Nazareth Home is a facility located in Louisville, Kentucky which has a population of 736,284 people. Sporting an overall score of A-, we rated this facility as one of the ten best nursing homes in Louisville. Overall scores in this range are a strong indicator of a world class nursing home. Based on the data we reviewed, you can not go wrong with this place. This nursing home's impressive report card was highlighted by its inspection score, which is addressed in the next paragraph.
- Nursing Home
- Independent Living
- Memory Care
Updated Jun 1, 2022 by Nick Reese
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- No Resident Council
- No Family Council
- For profit - Corporation
- Secure Memory Care
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Offers Outpatient Rehab
- Personal Care
- Medication Management
- Home Making
- Medical Transportation
- Speech Therapy
- Stroke Recovery
- Palliative Care
- Occupational Therapy
- Physical Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
- Recreational Therapy
- Pain Management
- Orthopedic Rehabilitation
Registered Staff Hours
One of the many reasons this turned out to be a quality nursing home is it earned an A+ inspection grade. This is as good as it gets in this area. We weigh several aspects of a nursing home's inspection report in computing our inspection scores. One key factor is deficiencies. It should be noted that the severity of these deficiencies is usually more meaningful than the quantity of deficiencies, as some can be quite insignificant. This facility was hit with 4 deficiencies on its inspection report, but none were considered severe. This tells you that the inspectors didn't deem any of these deficiencies to be an imminent risk to patient health or safety. Finally, this facility had no substantiated complaints this year from residents, which is an excellent sign.
Short-term Care Quality
This nursing home also was elite in the area of short-term care, where we gave it a grade of A-. Few facilities performed better in this category. In computing these short-term care grades, we analyze the nursing home's skilled nursing services, including those performed by registered nurses, occupational therapists, physical therapists and other types of skilled professionals. Our purpose is to devise a barometer for comparing the rehabilitation services of various facilities. Fortunately, it looks like this facility employs registered nurses. Not every nursing home employs these types of nurses. On the other hand, based on the information this nursing home provided, it does not look like the facility employs physical therapists. The final statistic we considered in this category is the number of patients who were able to leave the facility and return to the community. We found that 6.5 percent of this nursing home's residents returned home.
Does this page answer your questions about Nazareth Home?
Long-term Care Quality
The third area we analyzed was long-term care. This facility was given a favorable long-term care grade, with a grade of B+ in this area. Long-term care scores in this range generally require both around the clock care from nurses and aids, as well as quality routine healthcare services. After we finished looking at the quantity of care provided by nurses, we next considered the nursing home's vaccination statistics. This facility vaccinated 97.7918 percent of its residents against pneumonia, which is very impressive. Pneumonia can be a life threatening illness for nursing home residents so we like it when a nursing home does not leave this to chance. Finally, this nursing home was able to limit hospitalizations. In fact, it had only 0 hospitalizations per one thousand long-term resident days, which is an impressively low number.
The final category we looked at was nursing. In that category, we gave this nursing home a solid grade of B-. This actually ended up being this facility's worst area. There are numerous data points included in this area. Most of these criteria reflect levels of nurse staffing. This nursing home provides 0.5 hours of nursing care per resident per day. This is a much lower figure than we are used to seeing. Despite having low quantities of nursing care, this nursing home actually fared better in some of the quality-based metrics we assessed. It performed well in terms of minimizing its residents' major falls and pressure ulcers.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Nazareth Home Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Nazareth Home, 9.23% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This datapoint measures the percent of long-term stay residents who have new or worsened pressure ulcers. We find that pressure ulcers are an barometer of nursing care quality.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Nazareth Home, 3.88% of Patients had Serious Falls
This tells you the percentage of patients who sustained a major fall. Falls leading to major injuries are considered to be an indicator of the quality of nursing care . Major falls resulting in injury are routinely caused by lower quality nursing care.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Nazareth Home, 2.68% of Patients had UTIs
This metric is an indication of the percent of long-term care residents which have suffered from a UTI. UTI's may be an indication of a facility with lower levels of hygiene. Nevertheless, this datapoint may be skewed for some facilities due to different reporting standards for these infections.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Nazareth Home, 16.09% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This indicates the percentage of long-term residents receiving antipsychotic drugs. While antipsychotic drugs serve an important medical purpose, it is important to ensure these drugs are being used only where medically required. In some situations, high levels of antipsychotic drug use may mean a facility is using these drugs to subdue residents.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Nazareth Home, 28.57% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This tells you the percent of patients prescribed antianxiety medications. These drugs are commonly prescribed to patients experiencing anxiety and depression.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Nazareth Home, 8.14% of Patients
This indicates the percentage of patients exhibiting depressive symptoms.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Nazareth Home, 89.73% of Patients
This metric is a measure of the percentage of long-term stay patients that received the flu and pneumonia vaccines. Respiratory viruses can be deadly for seniors, making these vaccines critical to patient safety.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Nazareth Home, 15.62% Percentage of Patients
This datapoint measures the percentage of long-term stay patients that required increased assistance with activities of daily living over time. Activities of daily living include activities such as moving around and bathing. Some experts argue this is a measure of a resident's well-being.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Nazareth Home, 21.86% Percentage of Residents
This datapoint measures the percentage of long-term stay residents that retained mobility levels.
In Nazareth Home, 1.51 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
This is a measure of the number of times residents are hospitalized per 1,000 days of patient care.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Nazareth Home, 21.86 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This metric measures the number of times residents are rehospitalized per 1,000 days of short-term patient care.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Nazareth Home, 13.2 Percentage of Patients
This datapoint measures the number of times residents are sent to the emergency room per 1,000 days of short-term care. Avoiding emergency medical situations is one way to gauge patient care during rehabilitation.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Nazareth Home, 72.02% Percentage of Resident
This indicates the percentage of short-term stay residents that saw functional improvements, such as with activities of daily living.
Scores for Louisville, KY
- Overall Rating has a grade of B
- Nurse Rating has a grade of B-minus
- Long-term Care Rating has a grade of B-plus
- Short-term Care Rating has a grade of B
- Inspection Rating has a grade of B-plus
Looking for more options? Louisville, Kentucky has 40 other nursing homes
- University of Louisville HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 2.8 miles away530 South Jackson Street Louisville Kentucky 40202Voluntary non-profit - Private(502) 562-3000
- Norton Hospital / Norton Healthcare Pavilion / NorAcute Care Hospitals 3.02 miles away200 East Chestnut Street Louisville Kentucky 40202Voluntary non-profit - Private(502) 629-8000
- Jewish Hospital & St Mary's HealthcareAcute Care Hospitals 3.08 miles away200 Abraham Flexner Way Louisville Kentucky 40202Voluntary non-profit - Private(502) 587-4011
- Baptist Health LouisvilleAcute Care Hospitals 4.06 miles away4000 Kresge Way Louisville Kentucky 40207Voluntary non-profit - Private(502) 897-8100
- Clark Memorial HealthAcute Care Hospitals 4.9 miles away1220 Missouri Ave Jeffersonville Indiana 47130Voluntary non-profit - Other(812) 283-2147
- The Brook Hospital - KmiPsychiatric 7.15 miles away8521 Lagrange Road Louisville Kentucky 40242Government - Federal(502) 426-6380
- Wellstone Regional HospitalPsychiatric 7.61 miles away2700 Vissing Park Rd Jeffersonville Indiana 47130Proprietary(812) 284-8000
- Baptist Health FloydAcute Care Hospitals 8.8 miles away1850 State St New Albany Indiana 47150Voluntary non-profit - Private(812) 944-7701
- Fmc - Dialysis Services of Audubon0.81 miles away2355 Poplar Level Road, Suite G 2-10 Louisville Kentucky 40217Dialysis Stations: 25 (502) 637-1771
- University Kidney Center - Broadway1.76 miles away2821 W Broadway Louisville Kentucky 40211CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 17 (502) 774-8516
- University of Louisville Dialysis Center, LLC2.63 miles away614 East Chestnut Street Louisville Kentucky 40202Dialysis Stations: 31 (502) 589-5997
- American Home Dialysis2.86 miles away721 South Preston Street Louisville Kentucky 40202CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 3 (502) 584-3338
- University Kidney Center Hikes Lane LLC3.04 miles away2271 Hikes Lane Louisville Kentucky 40218CMS Rating: 5 stars Dialysis Stations: 17 (502) 459-5786
- Ara - University Kidney Center 3rd Street3.21 miles away635 South 3rd Street Louisville Kentucky 40202Dialysis Stations: 16 (502) 561-1314
- Fmc - Louisville3.39 miles away720 East Broadway Street Louisville Kentucky 40202Dialysis Stations: 24 (502) 584-3021
- Davita West Broadway Dialysis3.51 miles away720 West Broadway Louisville Kentucky 40202CMS Rating: 5 stars Dialysis Stations: 24 (502) 584-2059