Nazareth Home is a facility located in Louisville, Kentucky which has a population of 736,284 people. We awarded this nursing home a very impressive overall rating of A. Consequently, it is among the better nursing homes in Louisville. This is an impressive achievement since the city has some very solid nursing homes. Based on the data we reviewed, you can not go wrong with this place. We also gave this facility impressive grades in all four of the major categories. More information about these categories can be found below.
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
- Nursing Home
- Independent Living
- Memory Care
Updated Apr 1, 2023 by Nick Reese
2000 Newburg Road,
Louisville KY 40205
88.89% estimated occupancy 1
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- No Resident Council
- No Family Council
- For profit - Corporation
- Secure Memory Care
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Offers Outpatient Rehab
- Personal Care
- Medication Management
- Home Making
- Medical Transportation
- Speech Therapy
- Stroke Recovery
- Palliative Care
- Occupational Therapy
- Physical Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
- Recreational Therapy
- Pain Management
- Orthopedic Rehabilitation
Top Nursing Home in Kentucky Awards 2019
Top Nursing Home in Kentucky Awards 2020
Top Nursing Home in Kentucky Awards 2021
Registered Staff Hours
One of the many reasons this turned out to be a quality nursing home is that it received an A+ inspection grade. This is simply as good as it gets in this critical category. We weigh several aspects of a nursing home's inspection report in determining these inspection grades. One key factor is deficiencies. You should keep in mind that the severity of these deficiencies is usually more meaningful than the quantity of deficiencies, as some can be quite minor. This facility was hit with 4 deficiencies on its inspection report, but fortunately none of the deficiencies were considered to be severe. This indicates that the government inspectors didn't deem any of the deficiencies to cause an imminent risk to patient safety or health. Finally, this facility had no substantiated complaints this year from residents, which is an excellent sign.
Short-term Care Quality
Contributing to its top-shelf resume, this nursing home also excelled in our short-term care category. In fact, it received a score of A in that area. In crafting these short-term care ratings, we assess the nursing home's skilled nursing services, including those performed by registered nurses, speech therapists, physical therapists and other types of therapists. Our purpose is to devise a barometer for sizing up the rehabilitation services of different nursing homes. Fortunately, it looks like this nursing home has registered nurses on staff. Not every facility employs these types of nurses. On the other hand, based on the data this nursing home provided, they do not appear to employ physical therapists. Lastly, we assessed the number of patients that were able to return home from this facility. We found that 6.5 percent of this facility's patients returned home.
Does this page answer your questions about Nazareth Home?
Long-term Care Quality
The third category we graded was long-term care. This facility was awarded a favorable long-term care score, with a B+ in this area. Nursing homes that receive this kind of score in this category typically provide consistent around the clock care to ensure residents are kept in good health. One of the statistics we considered on top of nursing hours is vaccinations. This nursing home administered the pneumonia vaccine to 98.88268 percent of its patients. This is a reliable method to avoid unnecessary deaths and hospitalizations for the aged 65 and up population. Clearly, this nursing home is doing something right in this area as it was able to keep its patients out of the hospital. In fact, it had less than one hospitalization per 1,000 long-term resident days, which is an impressively low number.
The final category we graded is nursing. This nursing home was awarded a strong nursing rating in our assessment, with a B. While this wasn't quite as dominant as several of its other scores, this remains one of the stronger scores for this area. Our nursing rating weighs many components, many of which are based on nursing hours. This particular nursing home provided 0.5 hours of nursing care per resident per day. Finally, we also looked at several nursing quality measures and this nursing home excelled in some of these areas. With less than five percent of its residents sustaining pressure ulcers, it performed as well as any nursing home Kentucky in this category. This is generally a good indicator of quality nursing care. Pressure ulcers can many times be avoided by offering better nursing care, such as by having a protocol of turning a patient more frequently.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Nazareth Home Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Nazareth Home, 9.26% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This metric indicates the percentage of long-term care residents that are suffering from pressure ulcers. We find that pressure ulcers are a solid indicator of the quality of nursing care a facility provides.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Nazareth Home, 3.96% of Patients had Serious Falls
This indicates the percentage of residents that sustained a major fall. Falls leading to serious injury are often linked to poor nursing care. More supervision can limit the percentage of residents in a nursing home who sustain major falls.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Nazareth Home, 3.13% of Patients had UTIs
This is the percentage of patients who sustained a urinary tract infection. UTI's are routinely the result of facilities with worst hygiene practices. Additional nurse staffing can minimize the percentage of residents in a nursing home who suffer from UTI's. Keep in mind that this metric is sometimes skewed by the fact that nursing homes have incongruent reporting standards for UTI's.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Nazareth Home, 16.59% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This tells you the percentage of patients given antipsychotic drugs. Antipsychotic medications are administered to patients for a variety of medical conditions, including cognitive disorders. Unfortunately, in some situations, increased usage of these drugs may indicate that a facility is using these medications to subdue residents.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Nazareth Home, 29.93% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This statistic is a measure of the percent of long-term residents which were given antianxiety drugs. These medications are commonly prescribed to patients experiencing anxiety and depression.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Nazareth Home, 8.23% of Patients
This tells you the percent of patients who are exhibiting depressive symptoms.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Nazareth Home, 89.41% of Patients
This is the percent of patients that received the pneumonia and flu vaccines. High vaccination rates should be demanded by residents.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Nazareth Home, 16.24% Percentage of Patients
This datapoint is a measure of the percent of long-term care residents who required additional assistance with activities of daily living over time. ADL's include activities such as getting dressed and using the bathroom. Many argue this is a measure of a resident's well-being.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Nazareth Home, 15.8% Percentage of Residents
This indicates the percentage of residents who maintained mobility over time. Optimizing mobility is often a good sign for residents' well-being.
In Nazareth Home, 1.79 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
This is a measure of the number of times residents are hospitalized per 1,000 days of patient care.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Nazareth Home, 15.8 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This metric measures the number of times residents are rehospitalized per 1,000 days of short-term patient care.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Nazareth Home, 13.87 Percentage of Patients
This datapoint measures the number of times residents are sent to the emergency room per 1,000 days of short-term care. Avoiding emergency medical situations is one way to gauge patient care during rehabilitation.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Nazareth Home, 72.54% Percentage of Resident
This indicates the percentage of short-term stay residents that saw functional improvements, such as with activities of daily living.
Scores for Louisville, KY
- Overall Rating has a grade of B-plus
- Nurse Rating has a grade of B
- Long-term Care Rating has a grade of B-plus
- Short-term Care Rating has a grade of B-plus
- Inspection Rating has a grade of A-minus
Looking for more options? Louisville, Kentucky has 22 other nursing homes
- University of Louisville HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 2.8 miles away530 South Jackson Street Louisville Kentucky 40202Voluntary non-profit - Private(502) 562-3000
- Norton Hospital / Norton Healthcare Pavilion / NorAcute Care Hospitals 3.02 miles away200 East Chestnut Street Louisville Kentucky 40202Voluntary non-profit - Private(502) 629-8000
- Jewish Hospital & St Mary's HealthcareAcute Care Hospitals 3.08 miles away200 Abraham Flexner Way Louisville Kentucky 40202Voluntary non-profit - Private(502) 587-4011
- Baptist Health LouisvilleAcute Care Hospitals 4.06 miles away4000 Kresge Way Louisville Kentucky 40207Voluntary non-profit - Private(502) 897-8100
- Clark Memorial HealthAcute Care Hospitals 4.9 miles away1220 Missouri Ave Jeffersonville Indiana 47130Voluntary non-profit - Other(812) 283-2147
- The Brook Hospital - KmiPsychiatric 7.15 miles away8521 Lagrange Road Louisville Kentucky 40242Government - Federal(502) 426-6380
- Wellstone Regional HospitalPsychiatric 7.61 miles away2700 Vissing Park Rd Jeffersonville Indiana 47130Proprietary(812) 284-8000
- Baptist Health FloydAcute Care Hospitals 8.8 miles away1850 State St New Albany Indiana 47150Voluntary non-profit - Private(812) 944-7701
- Fmc - Dialysis Services of Audubon0.81 miles away2355 Poplar Level Road, Suite G 2-10 Louisville Kentucky 40217Dialysis Stations: 25 (502) 637-1771
- University Kidney Center - Broadway1.76 miles away2821 W Broadway Louisville Kentucky 40211CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 17 (502) 774-8516
- University of Louisville Dialysis Center, LLC2.63 miles away614 East Chestnut Street Louisville Kentucky 40202Dialysis Stations: 31 (502) 589-5997
- American Home Dialysis2.86 miles away721 South Preston Street Louisville Kentucky 40202CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 3 (502) 584-3338
- University Kidney Center Hikes Lane LLC3.04 miles away2271 Hikes Lane Louisville Kentucky 40218CMS Rating: 5 stars Dialysis Stations: 17 (502) 459-5786
- Ara - University Kidney Center 3rd Street3.21 miles away635 South 3rd Street Louisville Kentucky 40202Dialysis Stations: 16 (502) 561-1314
- Fmc - Louisville3.39 miles away720 East Broadway Street Louisville Kentucky 40202Dialysis Stations: 24 (502) 584-3021
- Davita West Broadway Dialysis3.51 miles away720 West Broadway Louisville Kentucky 40202CMS Rating: 5 stars Dialysis Stations: 24 (502) 584-2059