Magnolia Rehabilitation & Nursing Center is an average-sized nursing home located in Riverside, California. With an overall grade of D, this is a subpar nursing home. Fortunately, this nursing home is one of 19 nursing homes in this city so if you aren't impressed, you should have better options. More information on this nursing home's category grades may be found below. Its best category was short-term care, which is discussed in the next paragraph.
Magnolia Rehabilitation & Nursing Center
- Nursing Home
Updated Jun 1, 2022 by Nick Lata
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- For profit - Corporation
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Home Making
- Speech Therapy
- IV Antibiotic Therapy
- Wound Care
- Occupational Therapy
- Mental Health
- Diabetes Management
- Physical Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
- Recreational Therapy
- Pain Management
- Colostomy Care
- Catheter Care
Registered Staff Hours
Short-term Care Quality
While we were not high on this facility overall, we awarded it a B for our short-term care score. This is much more impressive than the facility's overall score. Without this grade, its profile would have been in serious trouble. Our short-term care grades are based on a nursing home's quantity of highly-skilled skilled healthcare professionals. This includes a broad spectrum of nursing services, spanning from registered nurses to physical and speech therapists, in addition to other variations of therapy. Unfortunately, we were not able to locate information on registered nurse or physical therapy staffing for this nursing home. Finally, we looked at the percentage of patients who who were able to eventually return home from this facility. We found that 0 percent of this facility's patients were able to return home.
We also awarded this facility a grade of B- for our nursing rating. We looked at the skill-level of nurses at the nursing home, in addition to the number of hours those nurses spent with residents, in computing our grade in this category. This place averages just 0.4 hours of nursing care per resident daily, which is a very low figure. Despite having low quantities of nursing care, this facility actually fared better in some of the quality measures we assessed. In fact, it performed well in terms of avoiding major falls and pressure ulcers.
Does this page answer your questions about Magnolia Rehabilitation & Nursing Center?
Long-term Care Quality
This nursing home's next best category is long-term care. In that area, we awarded this nursing home a grade of C. For residents in need of a permanent place to live as opposed to rehabilitation, long-term care is an important category. On top of assessing the volume of care provided by aids and other staff, we also looked at the number of residents vaccinated for pneumonia. Fortunately, this facility gave the vaccine to 100 percent of its residents, which is an above average statistic. Lastly, this place was also able to limit hospitalizations. It had only 0 hospitalizations per one thousand long-term resident days, which is an impressively low figure.
The final area we looked at is inspections. Inspection scores are based on a facility's recent government inspection reports. This nursing home received a C in this category. We take several aspects of a facility's inspection report into consideration in determining these inspection grades. One of those factors is deficiencies. You should keep in mind that the severity of deficiencies is usually more meaningful than the quantity of deficiencies, as some of these end up being relatively minor. This place was assessed 6 deficiencies on its inspection report, but fortunately none were in categories G through L. This means the government inspectors did not consider any of the deficiencies to be an imminent risk to resident health or safety. Unfortunately, we also need to draw your attention to the fact that this facility received some government fines in recent years.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Magnolia Rehabilitation & Nursing Center Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Magnolia Rehabilitation & Nursing Center, 7.62% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This gauges the percentage of long-term stay residents who suffered from new or worsened pressure ulcers. We find that pressure ulcers are a reliable indicator of the quality of nursing care a facility provides.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Magnolia Rehabilitation & Nursing Center, 1.67% of Patients had Serious Falls
This datapoint indicates the percentage of long-term residents who sustained a fall leading to major injury. Falls can happen for a variety of reasons, but high rates of falls resulting in injuries may be an indicator of lower levels of patient supervision.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Magnolia Rehabilitation & Nursing Center, 1.21% of Patients had UTIs
This metric tells you the percentage of long-term patients that sustained a UTI. UTI's could be an indication of a facility with lower levels of hygiene. However, this metric may also be misleading for certain nursing homes due to different reporting standards for infections.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Magnolia Rehabilitation & Nursing Center, 10.06% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This tells you the percent of patients who were given antipsychotic medications. Antipsychotic medications are prescribed to patients for a variety of conditions, such as dementia. Sadly, in some situations, increased usage of these drugs may indicate a nursing home is using these drugs to subdue residents.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Magnolia Rehabilitation & Nursing Center, 13.91% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This figure indicates the percent of long-term residents which are prescribed antianxiety medication. These medications are given to patients suffering from depression and anxiety.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Magnolia Rehabilitation & Nursing Center, 4.33% of Patients
This datapoint is a measure of the percent of long-term residents exhibiting signs of depression.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Magnolia Rehabilitation & Nursing Center, 95.72% of Patients
This is the percentage of patients that received the flu and pneumonia vaccines. Higher vaccination rates should be the norm at this point.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Magnolia Rehabilitation & Nursing Center, 8.37% Percentage of Patients
This tells you the percentage of patients that required more assistance with activities of daily living over time.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Magnolia Rehabilitation & Nursing Center, 14.05% Percentage of Residents
This indicates the percentage of patients who were able to retain mobility over time. Retaining mobility can be a great sign for residents' well-being.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Magnolia Rehabilitation & Nursing Center, 14.05 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This tells you the number of rehospitalizations per 1,000 days of short-term care.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Magnolia Rehabilitation & Nursing Center, 9.85 Percentage of Patients
This metric measures the number of emergency room visits per 1,000 days of short-term care. Avoiding medical emergencies is one way to measure the well-being of patients during rehabilitation.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Magnolia Rehabilitation & Nursing Center, 79.63% Percentage of Resident
This is the percentage of short-term care residents who experienced functional improvements, such as with activities of daily living. Higher levels of performance with activities of daily living usually correlates with superior rehabilitation services.
Scores for Riverside, CA
- Overall Rating has a grade of B-minus
- Nurse Rating has a grade of B-minus
- Long-term Care Rating has a grade of B-minus
- Short-term Care Rating has a grade of B-minus
- Inspection Rating has a grade of B-plus
Looking for more options? Riverside, California has 18 other nursing homes
- Doctors Hospital of RiversideAcute Care Hospitals 1.22 miles away3865 Jackson Street Riverside California 92503Voluntary non-profit - Private(951) 688-2211
- Kaiser Foundation Hospital, RiversideAcute Care Hospitals 3.39 miles away10800 Magnolia Avenue Riverside California 92505Voluntary non-profit - Other(951) 353-2000
- Riverside Community HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 3.64 miles away4445 Magnolia Avenue Riverside California 92501Proprietary(951) 788-3000
- Corona Regional Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 9.26 miles away800 South Main Street Corona California 92882Proprietary(951) 737-4343
- Kaiser Foundation Hospital FontanaAcute Care Hospitals 9.55 miles away9961 Sierra Ave Fontana California 92335Voluntary non-profit - Private(909) 427-5500
- Arrowhead Regional Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 10.25 miles away400 North Pepper Avenue Colton California 92324Government - Local(909) 580-1000
- Loma Linda University Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 12 miles away11234 Anderson St Loma Linda California 92354Voluntary non-profit - Private(909) 558-4000
- Riverside University Health System-Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 13.09 miles away26520 Cactus Avenue Moreno Valley California 92555Government - Local(951) 486-4000
- Van Buren Dialysis1.73 miles away3595 Van Buren Blvd., Suite 101 Riverside California 92503CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 18 (951) 977-9466
- Davita-Riverside Pd Central3.56 miles away3660 Park Sierra, Suite 108 Riverside California 92505Dialysis Stations: 11 (951) 687-3900
- Davita-Magnolia West at Home3.57 miles away3660 Park Sierra Drive, Suite 103 Riverside California 92505Dialysis Stations: 2 (951) 373-4004
- Davita-Jurupa Valley Dialysis3.69 miles away8080 Limonite Avenue Riverside California 92509Dialysis Stations: 25 (951) 361-9405
- Fmc-Riverside3.85 miles away3470 La Sierra Avenue, Suite E Riverside California 92503CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 26 (951) 343-7700
- Davita-Magnolia West Dialysis3.9 miles away11161 Magnolia Avenue Riverside California 92505CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 30 (951) 351-8090
- Kaiser Foundation Hospital Medical Ctr.- Riverside4.21 miles awayPeritoneal Dialysis Unit, 10800 Magnolia Avenue, Module 1x Riverside California 92505Dialysis Stations: 4 (951) 353-4887
- Davita-Riverside Dialysis Center5.39 miles away4361 Latham Street, Suite 100 Riverside California 92501CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 32 (951) 682-2700