Los Gatos Snf is a small nursing home located in Los Gatos, California. This turns out to be a highly rated facility, with an overall grade of B+. Remarkably, the facilities in Los Gatos received high scores across the board, making this one of the best places in California to find a nursing home. Fortunately, this nursing home didn't have any bad scores in any of the major categories. More information about its category grades is available below.
Los Gatos Snf
- Nursing Home
Updated Jan 1, 2020 by Nick Reese
16605 Lark Avenue,
Los Gatos CA 95030
83.57% estimated occupancy 1
Note: Data for Los Gatos Snf has not been updated recently. This page shows historical performance which may not be representitive of current service levels.
To go along with its strong overall grade, we awarded this nursing home a grade of A for our nursing grade. Nursing scores are tied to quantity of nursing care available. This nursing home provides 0.5 hours of nursing care per resident per day. Finally, we also assessed several nursing quality measures and this place excelled in some of these areas. With less than five percent of its residents sustaining pressure ulcers, it performed as well as any facility California in this category. This is generally a good indicator of quality nursing care. Pressure ulcers can many times be avoided by providing better nursing care, such as by having a system of moving residents more frequently.
In addition, this facility excelled in the area of inspections, where it earned an A. Inspection grades are based on many datapoints found on the a nursing home's inspections. Nursing homes that receive favorable grades in this area have very few deficiencies on those reports. Most importantly, these facilities should not have any severe deficiencies which are associated with risks to patient safety. This place received 4 deficiencies on its inspection report, but none of the deficiencies were considered to be severe deficiencies. This means that the inspectors did not deem any of these deficiencies to pose an immediate risk to resident safety or health. The fact that none of the deficiencies were severe made us feel better about this inspection report.
Does this page answer your questions about Los Gatos Snf?
Long-term Care Quality
This nursing home is also strong in the area of long-term care, where it was given a grade of B. It performed better than most nursing homes in this category. Nursing homes that excel in this category typically are well-staffed and offer extensive hands on care to residents. On top of looking at the volume of care provided by nurses aids and other staff, we looked at the number of residents vaccinated against pneumonia. This nursing home gave the vaccine to 98.86363 percent of its patients. Vaccines are vital to keeping patients out of the hospital. Clearly, this place is doing something right in this area as it was able to keep its residents out of the hospital. Indeed, it had less than one hospitalization per one thousand long-term resident days, which is an impressively low figure.
Short-term Care Quality
The last area we analyzed is short-term care, in which this facility was given a B-. Even though this is its least impressive category grade, this is still not a poor grade. With our short-term care score, we seek to create a meaningful barometer for rehabilitation. In doing so, we analyze a facility's scope of skilled nursing services, including both registered nurses and physical therapy, as well as occupational therapy. Fortunately, it appear that this facility has registered nurses on staff. Not every nursing home employs these types of nurses. On the other hand, based on the data they provided, they do not appear to employ physical therapists. Finally, we assessed the number of residents that were able to return home from this facility. We found that 0 percent of this facility's residents were able to return home. This figure was well below the national average.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Los Gatos Snf Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Los Gatos Snf, 7.45% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This tells you the percentage of residents that suffered from a pressure ulcer. Pressure ulcers, which are also referred to as bed sores, are often caused by patients staying in one position for too long. Better nursing protocols minimizes the percentage of residents in a nursing home who sustain pressure ulcers.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Los Gatos Snf, 1.7% of Patients had Serious Falls
This indicates the percent of residents that suffered from a fall resulting in major injury.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Los Gatos Snf, 1.24% of Patients had UTIs
This indicates the percent of patients that sustained a urinary tract infection. These infections are sometimes associated with poorer hygiene.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Los Gatos Snf, 10.1% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This tells you the percentage of residents given antipsychotic medications. While antipsychotic medications may be vital to many patients, it is important to ensure these drugs are being used only where medically required. In limited cases, high levels of antipsychotic drug use may mean a nursing home is using these drugs to control patient behavior.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Los Gatos Snf, 13.85% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This figure indicates the percentage of long-term patients taking antianxiety medications.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Los Gatos Snf, 4.64% of Patients
This metric is a measure of the percentage of long-term care residents who are showing symptoms of depression. Many in the industry would argue this is a measure of patient quality of life.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Los Gatos Snf, 95.44% of Patients
This indicates the percentage of residents who were given the pneumonia and flu vaccines. Higher vaccination rates should be demanded by residents.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Los Gatos Snf, 7.92% Percentage of Patients
This is a measure of the percentage of long-term patients who needed additional assistance with activities of daily living over time. ADL's include activities such as getting dressed and bathing. Some experts would argue that this is a reasonable measure of a resident's well-being.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Los Gatos Snf, 12.45% Percentage of Residents
This is the percentage of residents who were able to retain mobility over time. Optimizing mobility can be a great sign for residents' health.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Los Gatos Snf, 12.45 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This is the number of rehospitalizations per thousand days of short-term patient care.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Los Gatos Snf, 9.83 Percentage of Patients
This is the number of emergency room visits per 1,000 days of short-term patient care. There is usually a correlation between having fewer emergency room visits and the overall quality of care.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Los Gatos Snf, 79.79% Percentage of Resident
This is the percent of short-term stay patients that saw functional improvements, such as with activities of daily living.
Scores for Los Gatos, CA
- Overall Rating has a grade of A-minus
- Nurse Rating has a grade of A
- Long-term Care Rating has a grade of B
- Short-term Care Rating has a grade of A
- Inspection Rating has a grade of A-minus
Looking for more options? Los Gatos, California has 3 other nursing homes
- Good Samaritan HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 0.76 miles away2425 Samaritan Drive San Jose California 95124Proprietary(408) 559-2011
- Santa Clara Valley Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 4.65 miles away751 South Bascom Avenue San Jose California 95128Government - Local(408) 885-5000
- O'connor HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 5.47 miles away2105 Forest Avenue San Jose California 95128Voluntary non-profit - Private(408) 947-2500
- Kaiser Foundation Hospital-Santa ClaraAcute Care Hospitals 6.28 miles away700 Lawrence Expressway Santa Clara California 95051Voluntary non-profit - Private(408) 236-6400
- Kaiser Permanente Psychiatric Health Facility-SantPsychiatric 6.52 miles away3840 Homestead Road Santa Clara California 95051Proprietary(408) 851-4850
- Kaiser Foundation Hospital-San JoseAcute Care Hospitals 8.71 miles away250 Hospital Parkway San Jose California 95119Voluntary non-profit - Private(408) 972-7000
- Regional Medical Center of San JoseAcute Care Hospitals 9.87 miles away225 N Jackson Avenue San Jose California 95116Government - Federal(408) 259-5000
- El Camino HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 10.6 miles away2500 Grant Road Mountain View California 94040Government - Hospital District or Authority(650) 940-7000
- Los Gatos Dialysis Center0.62 miles away14251 Winchester Blvd Suite 100 Los Gatos California 95032Dialysis Stations: 16 (408) 370-6756
- Fmc Los Gatos0.82 miles away14651 South Bascom Suite 100 Los Gatos California 95032CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 12 (408) 358-3791
- Satellite Dialysis Los Gatos1.78 miles away53 Los Gatos Saratoga Road Los Gatos California 95032Dialysis Stations: 17 (408) 458-4460
- Satellite Healthcare Blossom Valley3.77 miles away1450 Kooser Road San Jose California 95118Dialysis Stations: 25 (408) 440-3260
- Wellbound of San Jose LLC4.1 miles away1525 Meridian Avenue Suite 101 San Jose California 95125Dialysis Stations: 4 (408) 269-3600
- Satellite Healthcare San Jose4.5 miles away888 South Bascom Avenue San Jose California 95128CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 25 (408) 855-6900
- Santa Clara Valley Renal Care Center4.8 miles away2220 Moorpark Avenue San Jose California 95128CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 25 (408) 885-5730
- Satellite Dialysis Stevens Creek5.15 miles away4360-a Stevens Creek Blvd San Jose California 95129CMS Rating: 5 stars Dialysis Stations: 42 (408) 517-5777