La Mariposa Care and Rehabilitation Center is in Fairfield, California, a city with a population of 105,693 people. This facility was given a bottom of the barrel overall rating based on the data we looked at. This place didn't have much going for it. More information on this nursing home's category grades is available below. Its best category is short-term care, which is addressed in the next section.
La Mariposa Care and Rehabilitation Center
- Nursing Home
Updated Mar 1, 2022 by Nick Lata
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- For profit - Corporation
- Occupational Therapy
Registered Staff Hours
Short-term Care Quality
Neither this place's overall grade nor its category scores gave us much to write home about. Its best area was short-term care, but even there it received a lowly D. This is still a well below average score. In the area of short-term care, we seek to evaluate measures of a nursing home's rehabilitation. We assess the nursing home's skilled nursing services, such as the ones performed by registered nurses and physical and occupational therapists. Not surprisingly, we found that this nursing home provides far less physical therapist and registered nurse hours per resident than the average facility. Finally, we assessed the percentage of patients that were able to return home from this facility. This facility didn't fare well here either. In fact, we found that just 5.1 percent of this facility's residents were able to return home. This figure was quite a bit off the national average.
Long-term Care Quality
As it turns out, this facility only received a D for its long-term care score, which is actually one of its better category grades. For prospective patients seeking a permanent place to live rather than skilled nursing, long-term care is a very important category. After assessing the quantity of care provided by nurses aids and other staff, we then analyzed the nursing home's vaccination records. We were pleased to find that this nursing home vaccinated 99.01478 percent of its residents against pneumonia. To our surprise, this place also keeps its patients out of the hospital. Indeed, it had only 0.02 hospitalizations per one thousand long-term resident days. Unfortunately, some of its other scores in the category weren't as favorable as these.
Does this page answer your questions about La Mariposa Care and Rehabilitation Center?
This facility's next best category was nursing, but even there it received a grade of just D. This is still a well below average grade. When calculating our nursing scores, we look at both the number of hours nurses spend with residents and the skill levels of those nurses. This place provided just 0.3 hours of nursing care per patient per day. Lastly, we also assessed some nursing quality measures in calculating our nursing scores. This nursing home fared well when it comes to avoiding pressure ulcers and major falls. Many consider these datapoints to be reliable measures of the quality of nursing care.
Turning to our final category of inspections, this facility received a grade that's as bad as it gets. We weight this category more heavily than our other categories. For nursing homes with poor inspection ratings, you should scrutinize any severe deficiencies found on their inspection reports. This particular nursing home was hit with 4 deficiencies by government inspectors. The only positive thing we can say is that none of its deficiencies were in the categories that indicate they created a risk to patient safety or health. Lastly, we would like to draw your attention to the fact that this nursing home was assessed significant government fines totaling more than $100,000. This usually signifies that a nursing home's poor track record spanned several years.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
La Mariposa Care and Rehabilitation Center Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In La Mariposa Care and Rehabilitation Center, 7.62% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This statistic gauges the percent of long-term residents which have pressure ulcers. Many experts believe that pressure ulcers are a reliable barometer of a facility's nursing care quality.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In La Mariposa Care and Rehabilitation Center, 1.67% of Patients had Serious Falls
This metric is a measure of the percent of long-term stay residents that have had a fall leading to serious injury. This is one of the statistics we use in determining nursing grades.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In La Mariposa Care and Rehabilitation Center, 1.21% of Patients had UTIs
This tells you the percentage of patients that suffered from a urinary tract infection. These infections are associated with insufficient hygiene.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In La Mariposa Care and Rehabilitation Center, 10.06% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This statistic measures the percentage of long-term care patients taking antipsychotic drugs. While antipsychotic medications play an important role in caring for many residents, it is important to confirm these drugs are being used only where medically required. In limited cases, high levels of antipsychotic drug use may suggest that a facility is using these medications to control patient behavior.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In La Mariposa Care and Rehabilitation Center, 13.91% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This tells you the percentage of patients who were given antianxiety medications. These drugs are typically used to treat residents suffering from depression or anxiety.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In La Mariposa Care and Rehabilitation Center, 4.33% of Patients
Measures the percentage of long-term stay patients who are demonstrating symptoms of depression. Many believe that this is a measure of resident quality of care.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In La Mariposa Care and Rehabilitation Center, 95.72% of Patients
This is a measure of the percentage of long-term residents that received the flu and pneumonia vaccines.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In La Mariposa Care and Rehabilitation Center, 8.37% Percentage of Patients
This metric is a measure of the percentage of long-term residents that needed additional assistance with activities of daily living over time. ADL's include activities such as dressing and using the bathroom. Some experts argue that this is a reliable measure of a resident's well-being.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In La Mariposa Care and Rehabilitation Center, 14.05% Percentage of Residents
This is the percent of residents who were able to retain mobility over time. Preserving mobility is usually a great sign for residents' health.
In La Mariposa Care and Rehabilitation Center, 1.49 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
This metric is a measure of the number of times residents are hospitalized per thousand days of patient care.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In La Mariposa Care and Rehabilitation Center, 14.05 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This datapoint measures the number of times residents are rehospitalized per 1,000 days of short-term resident care.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In La Mariposa Care and Rehabilitation Center, 9.85 Percentage of Patients
This indicates the number of times residents are sent to the emergency room per thousand days of short-term care. There is a correlation between reduced emergency room visits and the overall quality of rehabilitation.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In La Mariposa Care and Rehabilitation Center, 79.63% Percentage of Resident
This is the percentage of short-term care patients who experienced functional improvements, such as with activities of daily living. Higher levels of autonomy with activities of daily living generally correlates with superior rehabilitation.
- Northbay Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 0.2 miles away1200 B Gale Wilson Blvd Fairfield California 94533Voluntary non-profit - Other(707) 646-5000
- 60th Medical Group (Travis Afb)Acute Care - Department of Defense 4.74 miles away103 Bodin Circle Fairfield Fairfield California 94533Department of Defense(707) 423-7300
- Kaiser Foundation Hospital - VacavilleAcute Care Hospitals 10.85 miles away1 Quality Drive Vacaville California 95688Voluntary non-profit - Private(707) 624-4000
- Sutter Solano Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 13.41 miles away300 Hospital Dr Vallejo California 94589Voluntary non-profit - Private(707) 554-5280
- Kaiser Foundation Hospital and Rehab CenterAcute Care Hospitals 13.91 miles away975 Sereno Dr Vallejo California 94589Voluntary non-profit - Other(707) 651-1000
- Queen of the Valley Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 14.2 miles away1000 Trancas St Napa California 94558Voluntary non-profit - Church(707) 252-4411
- Contra Costa Regional Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 17.98 miles away2500 Alhambra Avenue Martinez California 94553Government - Local(925) 370-5000
- John Muir Behavioral Health CenterPsychiatric 18.99 miles away2740 Grant Street Concord California 94524Voluntary non-profit - Private(925) 674-4101
- Davita Fairfield Downtown0.83 miles away1800 North Texas Street Fairfield California 94533CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 24 (707) 399-9984
- Rai Chadbourne2.43 miles away490 Chadbourne Road Ste D Fairfield California 94534CMS Rating: 5 stars Dialysis Stations: 21 (707) 434-9088
- Fairfield Dialysis Center5.2 miles away4660 Central Way Fairfield California 94534CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 32 (707) 863-7369
- Vacaville Dialysis Clinic6.76 miles away941 Merchant St Vacaville California 95688CMS Rating: 5 stars Dialysis Stations: 15 (707) 449-6485
- Creekside Dialysis Center7.53 miles away141 Parker Street Vacaville California 95688Dialysis Stations: 12 (707) 453-1325
- Satellite Dialysis Vallejo14.05 miles away4300 Sonoma Blvd, Suite 25 Vallejo California 94589CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 33 (707) 561-7150
- Usrc Napa, LLC14.3 miles away3219 Jefferson Street Napa California 94558Dialysis Stations: 13 (707) 501-5301
- Silverado Dialysis14.34 miles away1100 Trancas, Suite 267 Napa California 94558Dialysis Stations: 10 (707) 224-6533