With an address in Oregon, Ohio, Ayden Healthcare of Ohio is one of four nursing homes there. This nursing home received an extremely poor overall score based on the data we assessed. While the city grade in Oregon which is also just a D, you still ought to be able to do better. While this nursing home received suboptimal grades this year, we did want to let you know that there was a recent ownership change. We will keep an eye on their inspections and quality scores to see whether their performance warrants better scores in the future.
Ayden Healthcare of Ohio
- Nursing Home
Updated Sep 1, 2022 by Nick Lata
3953 Navarre Ave,
Oregon OH 43616
61.36% estimated occupancy 1
Please note our records indicate that Ayden Healthcare of Ohio has changed ownership recently and while our data on this page is up-to-date there is a chance that the quality of this facility may change under new management.
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- For profit - Corporation
- Offers Hospice
- Offers Post-Acute Care
- Offers Respite Care
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Speech Therapy
- Stroke Recovery
- IV Antibiotic Therapy
- Wound Care
- Occupational Therapy
- Cardiac Therapy
- Tracheotomy Care
- Mental Health
- Physical Therapy
- Total Parenteral Nutrition
Registered Staff Hours
While we gave this nursing home a poor overall score, we gave it a B+ for our inspections category. This was the result of the facility receiving a decent government inspection report this year. Inspection ratings weigh several factors, including deficiencies, substantiated complaints and federal fines. You can learn more about each of these items by obtaining copies of nursing homes' inspection reports. Fortunately, although this place had some minor dings on its government inspection report, it had zero severe deficiencies. Severe deficiencies are ones found in categories G, H, I, J, K and L. This means the inspectors did not deem any of the deficiencies on this facility's report to pose an imminent threat to patient health or safety. A couple minor deficiencies are not necessarily the end of the world.
Short-term Care Quality
Sadly, we gave this facility an F for its short-term care grade. Short-term care grades are generally employed to measure a facility's rehabilitation services. In order to offer good rehabilitation services, facilities generally need to feature higher levels of skilled nursing services. These types of services include registered nurses, physical therapists, respiratory therapists and other types of therapists. Considering its weak grade in this category, we weren't shocked to find this nursing home provides significantly fewer physical therapist and registered nurse hours per patient than most other nursing homes. The final metric we assessed in this area is the number of patients who were able to return home from the nursing home. This nursing home struggled quite a bit in this area as well, with just 0 percent of its residents returning home.
Does this page answer your questions about Ayden Healthcare of Ohio?
In addition, we gave this facility an F in the area of nursing care. Nursing grades are primarily based on a facility's level of nurse staffing. This nursing home provides 0.3 hours of nursing care per resident per day. This is a much lower figure than we are used to seeing. Finally, we also looked at some nursing quality measures in calculating our nursing ratings. This place performed well when it comes to minimizing its residents' major falls and pressure ulcers.
Long-term Care Quality
The next area we analyzed is long-term care. It received an F for this area, which is a rock bottom grade. For prospective residents seeking a permanent residence as opposed to skilled nursing, long-term care is a very important category. In addition to assessing the quantity of care provided by nurses aids and other staff, we analyzed the number of residents vaccinated for pneumonia. This nursing home administered the vaccine to 96.5368 percent of its residents. To our surprise, this nursing home also keeps its residents out of the hospital. Indeed, it had only 0 hospitalizations per one thousand long-term resident days. Sadly, some of its other scores in this category weren't as favorable as these.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Ayden Healthcare of Ohio Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Ayden Healthcare of Ohio, 7.61% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This tells you the percent of patients who suffered from a pressure ulcer. Pressure ulcers, also called bed sores, are routinely the result of residents not being moved frequently enough. Better nursing protocols can minimize the number of pressure ulcers sustained by residents in a nursing home.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Ayden Healthcare of Ohio, 3.74% of Patients had Serious Falls
This metric measures the percent of long-term patients that suffered a fall resulting in major injury. This is one of the statistics we use in calculating nursing grades.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Ayden Healthcare of Ohio, 1.71% of Patients had UTIs
This metric is an indication of the percentage of long-term residents who had urinary tract infections. UTI's could be an indication of a nursing home with worse hygiene protocols. Nevertheless, this metric may also be skewed for some nursing homes due to inconsistent reporting standards for infections.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Ayden Healthcare of Ohio, 13.23% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This is the percentage of residents prescribed antipsychotic medications. These drugs are used for several conditions, including dementia.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Ayden Healthcare of Ohio, 22.46% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This datapoint tells you the percent of long-term residents that are prescribed antianxiety medication. These drugs are generally prescribed to patients experiencing depression and anxiety.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Ayden Healthcare of Ohio, 20.26% of Patients
This is the percentage of patients who are demonstrating depressive symptoms.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Ayden Healthcare of Ohio, 90.12% of Patients
This indicates the percent of patients who were given the pneumonia and flu vaccines. Higher vaccination rates should be demanded by residents.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Ayden Healthcare of Ohio, 14.88% Percentage of Patients
This tells you the percent of patients that required increased assistance with activities of daily living over time.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Ayden Healthcare of Ohio, 16.29% Percentage of Residents
This metric measures the percentage of long-term stay residents that were able to retain mobility. Some experts argue that the ability to move around is important for patients physical and mental health.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Ayden Healthcare of Ohio, 16.29 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This datapoint is a measure of the number of times residents are rehospitalized per thousand days of short-term patient care.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Ayden Healthcare of Ohio, 12 Percentage of Patients
This is the number of emergency room visits per thousand days of short-term care.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Ayden Healthcare of Ohio, 75.25% Percentage of Resident
This metric measures the percentage of short-term residents that saw functional improvements, such as with activities of daily living. Some would argue this is a measure of a facility's rehabilitation services.
Scores for Oregon, OH
- Overall Rating has a grade of D
- Nurse Rating has a grade of D
- Long-term Care Rating has a grade of D
- Short-term Care Rating has a grade of D
- Inspection Rating has a grade of B-plus
Looking for more options? Oregon, Ohio has 3 other nursing homes
- Bay Park Community HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 1.86 miles away2801 Bay Park Drive Oregon Ohio 43616Voluntary non-profit - Other(419) 690-7700
- Mercy Health St Vincent Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 5.02 miles away2213 Cherry Street Toledo Ohio 43608Voluntary non-profit - Church(419) 251-3232
- Northwest Ohio Psychiatric HospitalPsychiatric 7.51 miles away930 South Detroit Avenue Toledo Ohio 43614Government - State(419) 381-1881
- Toledo Hospital TheAcute Care Hospitals 7.62 miles away2142 North Cove Boulevard Toledo Ohio 43606Voluntary non-profit - Private(419) 291-7463
- University of Toledo Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 8.42 miles away3000 Arlington Avenue Toledo Ohio 43699Government - State(419) 383-4848
- Mercy St Anne HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 9.58 miles away3404 Sylvania Avenue Toledo Ohio 43623Voluntary non-profit - Church(419) 407-2663
- St Luke's HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 12.99 miles away5901 Monclova Road Maumee Ohio 43537Voluntary non-profit - Other(419) 893-5900
- Davita - Maumee Bay Dialysis0.88 miles away3310 Dustin Drive Oregon Ohio 43616Dialysis Stations: 18 (419) 697-2191
- Davita Lucas County Home Training1.49 miles away2702 Navarre Ave Oregon Ohio 43616Dialysis Stations: 1 (419) 691-1514
- Davita - Northwood Dialysis2.31 miles away611 Lemoyne Road Northwood Ohio 43619CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 13 (419) 698-3423
- Davita Starr Dialysis3.23 miles away403 E. Broadway St. Toledo Ohio 43605Dialysis Stations: 12 (419) 691-3227
- Fkc-Toledo Downtown Dialysis4.6 miles away1313 Cherry Street Toledo Ohio 43608Dialysis Stations: 17 (419) 243-7729
- Mercy St. Vincent Dialysis5.2 miles away2213 Cherry Street, Hemodialysis Unit Toledo Ohio 43608Dialysis Stations: 6 (419) 251-4760
- Davita - Point Place5.36 miles away4747 Suder Ave., Suite 107 Toledo Ohio 43611Dialysis Stations: 10 (419) 727-9692
- The Toledo Hospital Dialysis7.77 miles away2142 North Cove Blvd Toledo Ohio 43606Dialysis Stations: 5 (419) 291-8670