With an address in Oregon, Ohio, Ayden Healthcare of Ohio is one of just two facilities in this city. This nursing home received a concerning overall grade of D based on the data we looked at. This was not the worse facility we looked at, however, we would still struggle to recommend it. Finally, inspections was the only shining light in this nursing home's profile. We provide more information about this category below.
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
Ayden Healthcare of Ohio
- Nursing Home
Updated Apr 1, 2023 by Nick Reese
Get pricing and details on Oregon senior living options.Get Pricing
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- For profit - Corporation
- Offers Hospice
- Offers Post-Acute Care
- Offers Respite Care
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Speech Therapy
- Stroke Recovery
- IV Antibiotic Therapy
- Wound Care
- Occupational Therapy
- Cardiac Therapy
- Tracheotomy Care
- Mental Health
- Physical Therapy
- Total Parenteral Nutrition
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
Registered Staff Hours
While we were not high on this facility overall, we awarded it a B+ for our inspections rating. This score is much better than the nursing home's overall score. These inspection scores take several factors into consideration, including deficiencies and federal fines. You can find more information about each of these items by reviewing copies of nursing homes' inspection reports. This facility received 3 deficiencies on its inspection report, but none of the deficiencies were considered to be severe. This indicates that the government inspectors did not deem any of these deficiencies an imminent risk to patient safety or health. A couple minor deficiencies aren't necessarily the end of the world.
We gave this facility a grade of just D for our nursing rating and that actually turned out to be its second highest score. Our nursing grade is primarily based on the nursing home's level of nurse staffing. This facility provided just 0.4 hours of nursing care per resident per day. This is a very low total compared to most nursing homes. Lastly, we also assessed some nursing quality-based metrics in determining our nursing scores. This nursing home fared well in terms of avoiding pressure ulcers and major falls.
Does this page answer your questions about Ayden Healthcare of Ohio?
Short-term Care Quality
Moving on to the category of short-term care, this nursing home received a grade of just D in this area. In computing our short-term care grades, we analyze a facility's levels of skilled nursing services, which includes registered nurses, physical therapists respiratory therapists and other licensed professionals. This area is often a useful assessment of the nursing home's ability to rehabilitate patients. Given its score in this area, we were not surprised to find that this place is well below average in terms of its quantity of registered nurse and physical therapy hours provided to its patients based on the data we looked at. The last metric we looked at in this category is the number of residents that were able to return home from the facility. This facility struggled quite a bit in this metric as well, with just 0 percent of its residents returning home. Unfortunately, this was well below the national average.
Long-term Care Quality
This nursing home's worst area is long-term care, which is the final area we assessed. For this category, we gave this facility a grade of D. Nursing homes that don't fare well in this category typically are not as well-staffed and are lagging in some of the areas of routine medical care we assessed. After looking at the quantity of care provided by nurses aids and other staff, we next considered the facility's vaccination statistics. Unfortunately, this nursing home vaccinated just 77.25322 percent of its residents for pneumonia. To our surprise, this facility actually fared well at keeping its residents out of the hospital. It had only 0 hospitalizations per 1,000 long-term resident days. This was its best feature in this category.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Ayden Healthcare of Ohio Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Ayden Healthcare of Ohio, 4.07% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This metric gauges the percentage of long-term care patients who have new or worsened pressure ulcers. We have found that pressure ulcers are an measure of nursing care quality.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Ayden Healthcare of Ohio, 6.44% of Patients had Serious Falls
This metric indicates the percent of long-term patients who have suffered falls which caused serious injury. Falls can arise for a variety of reasons, but high rates of falls resulting in injuries may be a sign of lower quality nursing care.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Ayden Healthcare of Ohio, 3.02% of Patients had UTIs
This indicates the percent of patients who sustained a urinary tract infection. Urinary tract infections are often the result of worse hygiene protocols. Additional nurse staffing can limit the number of UTI's sustained by residents in a nursing home. Note that this statistic is sometimes skewed by the fact that nursing homes have incongruent reporting standards for UTI's.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Ayden Healthcare of Ohio, 6.04% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This datapoint indicates the percentage of long-term care patients taking antipsychotic drugs. While antipsychotic medications serve an important medical purpose, it is important to make sure these medications are being used appropriately. In limited cases, excessive reliance on these medications may suggest that a nursing home is using these medications to subdue residents.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Ayden Healthcare of Ohio, 30.35% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This measures the percent of long-term patients receiving antianxiety drugs.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Ayden Healthcare of Ohio, 23.56% of Patients
This indicates the percent of patients who are showing depressive symptoms. Higher rates of depression may imply worse patient care.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Ayden Healthcare of Ohio, 85.55% of Patients
This is the percentage of residents who have received the flu and pneumonia vaccines. Higher vaccination rates should be demanded by residents.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Ayden Healthcare of Ohio, 16.24% of Patients
This indicates the percent of patients that required more assistance with activities of daily living over time.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Ayden Healthcare of Ohio, 21.41% of Residents
Measures the percent of long-term residents that retained mobility levels. Many in the industry argue that mobility is vital to residents' well-being.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Ayden Healthcare of Ohio, 21.41% of Residents Rehospitalized
This tells you the number of times residents are rehospitalized per 1,000 days of short-term patient care.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Ayden Healthcare of Ohio, 7.77% of Patients
This is the number of times residents are sent to the emergency room per thousand days of short-term care. There is generally a correlation between reduced emergency room visits and the quality of nursing home care.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Ayden Healthcare of Ohio, 74.73% of Resident
This datapoint measures the percentage of short-term stay patients who saw functional improvements, such as enhanced ability to perform activities of daily living. Some argue that this is a measure of a nursing home's rehabilitation performance.
- Bay Park Community HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 1.86 miles away2801 Bay Park Drive Oregon Ohio 43616Voluntary non-profit - Other(419) 690-7700
- Mercy Health St Vincent Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 5.02 miles away2213 Cherry Street Toledo Ohio 43608Voluntary non-profit - Church(419) 251-3232
- Northwest Ohio Psychiatric HospitalPsychiatric 7.51 miles away930 South Detroit Avenue Toledo Ohio 43614Government - State(419) 381-1881
- Toledo Hospital TheAcute Care Hospitals 7.62 miles away2142 North Cove Boulevard Toledo Ohio 43606Voluntary non-profit - Private(419) 291-7463
- University of Toledo Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 8.42 miles away3000 Arlington Avenue Toledo Ohio 43699Government - State(419) 383-4848
- Mercy St Anne HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 9.58 miles away3404 Sylvania Avenue Toledo Ohio 43623Voluntary non-profit - Church(419) 407-2663
- St Luke's HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 12.99 miles away5901 Monclova Road Maumee Ohio 43537Voluntary non-profit - Other(419) 893-5900
- Davita - Maumee Bay Dialysis0.88 miles away3310 Dustin Drive Oregon Ohio 43616Dialysis Stations: 18 (419) 697-2191
- Davita Lucas County Home Training1.49 miles away2702 Navarre Ave Oregon Ohio 43616Dialysis Stations: 1 (419) 691-1514
- Davita - Northwood Dialysis2.31 miles away611 Lemoyne Road Northwood Ohio 43619CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 13 (419) 698-3423
- Davita Starr Dialysis3.23 miles away403 E. Broadway St. Toledo Ohio 43605Dialysis Stations: 12 (419) 691-3227
- Fkc-Toledo Downtown Dialysis4.6 miles away1313 Cherry Street Toledo Ohio 43608Dialysis Stations: 17 (419) 243-7729
- Mercy St. Vincent Dialysis5.2 miles away2213 Cherry Street, Hemodialysis Unit Toledo Ohio 43608Dialysis Stations: 6 (419) 251-4760
- Davita - Point Place5.36 miles away4747 Suder Ave., Suite 107 Toledo Ohio 43611Dialysis Stations: 10 (419) 727-9692
- The Toledo Hospital Dialysis7.77 miles away2142 North Cove Blvd Toledo Ohio 43606Dialysis Stations: 5 (419) 291-8670