NSPIRE Healthcare Kendall is located in the large metropolitan area of Miami, Florida. It looks like this is a quality nursing home. We awarded this it an overall grade of B+, which is very favorable score. Impressively, the facilities in Miami received high scores across the board, making this one of the best places in Florida to find a nursing home. The best part of this nursing home's strong report card is its inspection grade. Inspection grades are discussed in the next paragraph
NSPIRE Healthcare Kendall
- Nursing Home
Updated Jun 1, 2022 by Nick Lata
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- For profit - Limited Liability company
- Offers Post-Acute Care
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Speech Therapy
- Occupational Therapy
- Physical Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
Registered Staff Hours
In addition to performing well in its overall grade, this facility performed at an even higher level in the area of inspections. In fact, it received a nearly flawless inspection report this year. As a result, it received one of our highest grades in that category with a score of A. Our inspection grades weigh several factors included in a nursing home's inspection report. One key criteria we consider is the quantity and severity of deficiencies. Places with higher scores in this area typically have very few of these severe deficiencies. Although this facility had some deficiencies on its government inspection report, none were serious based on CMS' deficiency scale. A few minor deficiencies aren't necessarily something to panic about.
Short-term Care Quality
This nursing home performed well in our short-term care category. As a result, we gave it a score of A- for that category, which is one of our most impressive scores. In our short-term care score, we attempt to craft a meaningful barometer for rehabilitation. In doing so, we look at the facility's level of highly-skilled nursing services, including both registered nurses and physical therapy, as well as respiratory therapy. Fortunately, it looks like this facility has registered nurses on staff. Not all nursing homes employs these types of nurses. On the other hand, based on the information they provided, it does not look like the facility employs physical therapists. Finally, we considered the percentage of patients who were able to return to the community from this nursing home. We found that 5.3 percent of this nursing home's patients returned home.
Does this page answer your questions about NSPIRE Healthcare Kendall?
This nursing home also received a strong nursing score. In fact, we awarded it an above average grade of B in this area. The nursing grade assesses many datapoints, but the main one is the quantity of nurse hours spent with patients. This particular nursing home provided 0.4 hours of nursing care per resident per day. Finally, we also assessed several nursing quality measures and this place excelled in some of these areas. With less than five percent of its residents sustaining pressure ulcers, it performed as well as any nursing home the nation in this category. This is generally a good indicator of quality nursing care. Pressure ulcers can often be avoided by providing better nursing care, such as employing a system of turning patients more often.
Long-term Care Quality
The final category we analyzed was long-term care. We gave this facility an acceptable grade in this category, with a grade of B-. Even though this is not on par with a few of this nursing home's other grades, it is still not a bad grade. In calculating our long-term care scores, we assess the nursing home's ability to maintain its permanent residents' health and quality of life. In addition to considering the volume of care provided by aids and other staff, we also looked at the number of residents vaccinated against pneumonia. This nursing home gave the vaccine to 100 percent of its residents, which is more than the vast majority of nursing homes. Lastly, this facility was also able to limit hospitalizations. It had only 0.03 hospitalizations per one thousand long-term resident days, which is an impressively low figure.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
NSPIRE Healthcare Kendall Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In NSPIRE Healthcare Kendall, 9.03% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This tells you the percentage of patients that have had a pressure ulcer. Pressure ulcers are considered to be an indicator of the quality of nursing care at a nursing home. Pressure ulcers, which are also called bed sores, are routinely caused by residents not being moved frequently enough.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In NSPIRE Healthcare Kendall, 2.8% of Patients had Serious Falls
This datapoint is a measure of the percentage of long-term stay patients that have sustained a fall resulting in serious injury. Falls can arise for a variety of reasons, but high rates of major falls could be an indication of poor nursing care.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In NSPIRE Healthcare Kendall, 1.82% of Patients had UTIs
This indicates the percent of residents that sustained a urinary tract infection. Urinary tract infections are considered by many experts to be an indicator of the quality of nursing care . UTI's are routinely the result of a facility with lower levels of hygiene. However, this datapoint may also be skewed for certain facilities due to inconsistent reporting standards for infections.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In NSPIRE Healthcare Kendall, 10.99% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This is the percent of residents prescribed antipsychotic medications. Antipsychotic medications are given to patients for many conditions, such as Alzheimer's or other dementias. Unfortunately, in limited cases, increased usage of these drugs may mean that a nursing home is using these medications to control patient behavior.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In NSPIRE Healthcare Kendall, 21.46% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This datapoint indicates the percent of long-term patients receiving antianxiety drugs.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In NSPIRE Healthcare Kendall, 2.43% of Patients
This indicates the percentage of residents showing depressive symptoms.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In NSPIRE Healthcare Kendall, 94.61% of Patients
This is the percent of patients who were given the pneumonia and flu vaccines. Higher vaccination rates should be demanded by residents.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In NSPIRE Healthcare Kendall, 13.17% Percentage of Patients
This tells you the percentage of patients that needed additional assistance with activities of daily living over time. Higher levels of dependence on staff for assistance with activities of daily living could indicate erosion of a resident's well-being.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In NSPIRE Healthcare Kendall, 18.15% Percentage of Residents
This indicates the percentage of residents who retained mobility levels over time. Retaining mobility is usually a great sign for residents' well-being.
In NSPIRE Healthcare Kendall, 1.59 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
This metric tracks the number of hospitalizations per 1,000 days of patient care.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In NSPIRE Healthcare Kendall, 18.15 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This datapoint is a measure of the number of rehospitalizations per 1,000 days of short-term care.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In NSPIRE Healthcare Kendall, 9.19 Percentage of Patients
This is the number of emergency room visits per 1,000 days of short-term care.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In NSPIRE Healthcare Kendall, 77.65% Percentage of Resident
This tells you the percent of short-term stay residents that saw functional improvements, such as enhanced ability to perform activities of daily living.
Scores for Miami, FL
- Overall Rating has a grade of A-minus
- Nurse Rating has a grade of B-plus
- Long-term Care Rating has a grade of A-minus
- Short-term Care Rating has a grade of B-plus
- Inspection Rating has a grade of A
Looking for more options? Miami, Florida has 34 other nursing homes
- West Kendall Baptist HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 2.45 miles away9555 Sw 162 Ave Miami Florida 33196Voluntary non-profit - Private(786) 467-2011
- Baptist Hospital of MiamiAcute Care Hospitals 5.02 miles away8900 N Kendall Dr Miami Florida 33176Voluntary non-profit - Private(786) 596-1960
- Westchester General HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 8.07 miles away2500 Sw 75th Ave Miami Florida 33155Proprietary(305) 263-9270
- South Miami HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 8.08 miles away6200 Sw 73rd St Miami Florida 33143Voluntary non-profit - Private(786) 662-4000
- Larkin Community HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 8.11 miles away7031 Sw 62nd Ave Miami Florida 33143Proprietary(305) 284-7500
- Nicklaus Children's HospitalChildrens 9.03 miles away3100 Sw 62nd Ave Miami Florida 33155Voluntary non-profit - Private(305) 666-6511
- Doctors HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 9.75 miles away5000 University Dr Miami Florida 33146Voluntary non-profit - Other(305) 666-2111
- Homestead HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 13.84 miles away975 Baptist Way Homestead Florida 33033Voluntary non-profit - Private(786) 243-8000
- Kidney Treatment Center of South Florida0.54 miles away13500 N Kendall Dr #131 Miami Florida 33186CMS Rating: 5 stars Dialysis Stations: 26 (305) 388-5222
- Kendall Kidney Center1.4 miles away8364 Mills Drive #1740 Miami Florida 33183Dialysis Stations: 16 (305) 273-3783
- West Kendall Dialysis Center1.68 miles away12000 Sw 131st Ave Miami Florida 33186CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 25 (305) 254-4840
- Fmc - the Glades2.85 miles away16740 Sw 88th Street Miami Florida 33196Dialysis Stations: 21 (305) 387-2667
- Bma - West Dade4.31 miles away2791 Sw 137th Ave Miami Florida 33175Dialysis Stations: 16 (305) 207-2388
- Bma - Kendall5.1 miles away9193 Sw 72nd St # 100-B Miami Florida 33173Dialysis Stations: 30 (305) 279-2010
- Dadeland Dialysis5.26 miles away9175 Sw 87th Ave Miami Florida 33176Dialysis Stations: 18 (305) 273-3830
- Fmc - South Miami5.86 miles away8770 Sw 144th St Miami Florida 33176CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 22 (305) 255-3100