Located in Bedford, Texas, Bedford Wellness and Rehabilitation is one of just a couple available nursing homes in this area. Featuring an overall grade of B, this looks like a good facility. You could definitely do much worse than this facility. This facility's impressive report card was highlighted by its inspection score, which you can find in the next paragraph.
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
Bedford Wellness and Rehabilitation
- Nursing Home
Updated Apr 1, 2023 by Nick Reese
Get pricing and details on Bedford senior living options.Get Pricing
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- Government - Hospital district
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Offers Outpatient Rehab
- Medical Transportation
- Speech Therapy
- IV Antibiotic Therapy
- Palliative Care
- Wound Care
- Occupational Therapy
- Tracheotomy Care
- Physical Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
- Pain Management
- Bariatric Care
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
Registered Staff Hours
In addition to performing well in its overall grade, this facility performed at an even higher level in the area of inspections. In fact, it received a nearly flawless inspection report this year. As a result, it received one of our highest grades in that category with a score of A+. Our inspection ratings are tied to items located in the a nursing home's recent inspection reports. Facilities that receive favorable grades in this category tend to have few deficiencies on those reports. Most importantly, these places generally do not have any severe deficiencies which are associated with risks to patient safety. This nursing home was hit with 6 deficiencies on its inspection report, but fortunately none were considered severe. This indicates that CMS didn't deem any of the deficiencies to cause an immediate threat to resident health or safety. The fact that none of the deficiencies were severe made us feel better about this inspection report.
Long-term Care Quality
Adding to its profile, this nursing home also received a grade of B for its long-term care rating. This is an above average grade in this category. Long-term care grades of this caliber generally require both around the clock care from nurses and aids, as well as quality routine healthcare services. Once we assessed the quantity of care provided by aids and other staff, we then looked at the nursing home's vaccination record. This facility vaccinated 100 percent of its patients for pneumonia, which is significantly higher than most nursing homes. Clearly, this nursing home is doing something right in this area as it also excelled at keeping its patients out of the hospital. Indeed, it had only 0.02 hospitalizations per 1,000 long-term resident days, which is a remarkably low number.
Does this page answer your questions about Bedford Wellness and Rehabilitation?
Turning to the category of nursing care, this facility didn't perform quite as well in this area as some of the categories discussed above. Nevertheless, a grade of B- in this category is by no means a bad score. The nursing score features numerous factors. The most heavily weighted one is the quantity of hours nurses spend with patients. This nursing home provided just 0.3 hours of nursing care per resident on a daily basis. This is a relatively low total compared to most nursing homes. Finally, although this place got dinged a bit for nursing hours per resident, it excelled in some of our quality-based measures. With less than five percent of its patients sustaining pressure ulcers, it performed remarkably well in this area.
Short-term Care Quality
Turning to our fourth area, this nursing home was awarded an acceptable short-term care score of B-. Short-term care grades are generally employed to score a nursing home's performance with rehabilitation. To offer highly scored rehabilitation services, nursing homes generally must feature better levels of highly skilled nursing services. These types of services include registered nurses, physical therapists, occupational therapists and other licensed professionals. Unfortunately, we weren't able to locate information on registered nurse or physical therapy staffing for this nursing home. The last item we assessed in this area is the number of patients that eventually returned home from the facility. We found that just 5.7 percent of this facility's patients returned home. This figure was below average.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Bedford Wellness and Rehabilitation Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Bedford Wellness and Rehabilitation, 5.91% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This indicates the percentage of residents who sustained a pressure ulcer. Pressure ulcers are considered by many in the nursing home industry to be an indicator of the quality of nursing care . Pressure ulcers, which are also known as bed sores, are routinely the result of residents not being moved frequently enough.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Bedford Wellness and Rehabilitation, 1.76% of Patients had Serious Falls
This figure is an indication of the percent of long-term patients who had a fall which caused serious injury. This is one of the statistics we use in computing our nursing scores.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Bedford Wellness and Rehabilitation, 0% of Patients had UTIs
This is the percentage of residents that sustained a urinary tract infection. These infections are linked to insufficient hygiene.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Bedford Wellness and Rehabilitation, 5.43% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This is the percentage of patients prescribed antipsychotic medications. While antipsychotic drugs may be helpful for many patients, it is important to ensure these medications are being used appropriately. In some cases, high levels of antipsychotic drug use may mean a nursing home is using these drugs to subdue residents.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Bedford Wellness and Rehabilitation, 15.52% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This metric gauges the percentage of long-term residents receiving antianxiety drugs.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Bedford Wellness and Rehabilitation, 10.57% of Patients
This indicates the percentage of residents who are exhibiting signs of depression. Increased levels of depression could indicate worse patient care.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Bedford Wellness and Rehabilitation, 100% of Patients
This indicates the percentage of patients who were administered the flu and pneumonia vaccines. High vaccination rates should be standard at this point.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Bedford Wellness and Rehabilitation, 11.11% of Patients
This tells you the percentage of patients that needed additional assistance with activities of daily living over time.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Bedford Wellness and Rehabilitation, 15.99% of Residents
This indicates the percentage of patients who were able to retain mobility over time. Optimizing mobility is usually a good sign for residents' well-being.
In Bedford Wellness and Rehabilitation, 0.02 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
This tells you the number of times residents are hospitalized per thousand days of care.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Bedford Wellness and Rehabilitation, 15.99% of Residents Rehospitalized
This indicates the number of rehospitalizations per thousand days of short-term patient care.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Bedford Wellness and Rehabilitation, 8.47% of Patients
This is the number of times residents are sent to the emergency room per thousand days of short-term patient care.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Bedford Wellness and Rehabilitation, 88.45% of Resident
This metric measures the percent of short-term stay residents that experienced functional improvements, such as enhanced ability to perform activities of daily living. Many believe that this is a reasonable measure of a facility's rehabilitation performance.
- Texas Health HebAcute Care Hospitals 1.11 miles away1600 Hospital Parkway Bedford Texas 76022Voluntary non-profit - Private(817) 848-4000
- Saint Camillus Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 2.72 miles away1612 Hurst Town Center Drive Hurst Texas 76054Proprietary(817) 519-3700
- Medical City North HillsAcute Care Hospitals 4.19 miles away4401 Booth Calloway Road North Richland Hills Texas 76180Proprietary(817) 255-1000
- Texas Health Arlington Memorial HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 6.46 miles away800 W Randol Mill Rd Arlington Texas 76012Voluntary non-profit - Private(817) 548-6100
- Texas Health Harris Methodist Hospital SouthlakeAcute Care Hospitals 6.88 miles away1545 E Southlake Blvd Southlake Texas 76092Government - State(817) 748-8700
- Baylor Scott & White Medical Center GrapevineAcute Care Hospitals 7.05 miles away1650 W College St Grapevine Texas 76051Voluntary non-profit - Private(817) 481-1588
- Baylor Medical Center at Trophy ClubAcute Care Hospitals 10.24 miles away2850 E State Highway 114 Roanoke Texas 76262Proprietary(817) 837-4600
- Medical City ArlingtonAcute Care Hospitals 10.41 miles away3301 Matlock Road Arlington Texas 76015Proprietary(817) 465-3241
- Heb Dialysis Center0.43 miles away1809 Forest Ridge Drive Bedford Texas 76022CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 21 (817) 545-4509
- Ameri-Tech Kidney Center-Bedford LLC0.85 miles away1600 Central Drive Suite 130 Bedford Texas 76022Dialysis Stations: 20 (817) 540-6084
- Mid Cities Dialysis Center1.72 miles away117 East Harwood Road Hurst Texas 76054Dialysis Stations: 12 (817) 656-2843
- North Hills Dialysis3.97 miles away7927 Boulevard 26 North Richland Hills Texas 76180Dialysis Stations: 15 (817) 605-9861
- Us Renal Care Tarrant Dialysis North Richland Hills5.33 miles away6455 Hilltop Dr, Suite 112 North Richland Hills Texas 76180Dialysis Stations: 15 (817) 485-8700
- Dialysis Services of Grapevine5.75 miles away1601 Hart Court Southlake Texas 76092Dialysis Stations: 12 (817) 329-1866
- Greater Irving I Regional Dialysis Center, LLC5.87 miles away1950 Ne Green Oaks Blvd Suite 190 Arlington Texas 76006Dialysis Stations: 24 (817) 460-0510
- Eastchase Dialysis Center5.95 miles away1451 Eastchase Parkway Fort Worth Texas 76120Dialysis Stations: 21 (817) 459-0372