Located in Bedford, Texas, Bedford Wellness and Rehabilitation is one of four available facilities there. Sporting an overall grade of B, this looks like a good option. This grade was right in line with the city grade in Bedford. This nursing home's strong profile was highlighted by its inspection rating, which you can find in the next section.
Bedford Wellness and Rehabilitation
- Nursing Home
Updated Sep 1, 2022 by Nick Lata
2001 Forest Ridge Dr,
Bedford TX 76021
66.62% estimated occupancy 1
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- Government - Hospital district
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Offers Outpatient Rehab
- Medical Transportation
- Speech Therapy
- IV Antibiotic Therapy
- Palliative Care
- Wound Care
- Occupational Therapy
- Tracheotomy Care
- Physical Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
- Pain Management
- Bariatric Care
Registered Staff Hours
In addition to being a strong facility overall, this nursing home excelled in our inspections category, where it earned an A. Not many nursing homes fared better in that area. We take several aspects of a facility's inspection report into consideration in computing these inspection ratings. One critical factor is deficiencies. You should keep in mind that the severity of these deficiencies is usually more important than the quantity of deficiencies, as some deficiencies are quite insignificant. This nursing home received 6 deficiencies on its inspection report, but we were relieved to see that none were considered to be major deficiencies. This indicates that CMS did not deem any of these deficiencies to pose an imminent risk to resident health or safety. We should note that deficiency-free inspections are rare in this industry.
Short-term Care Quality
This facility also was awarded an impressive short-term care score. In fact, we awarded it an above average grade of B in this area. Our short-term care scores are considered to be more important for individuals in need of rehabilitation services. Rehabilitation typically requires higher levels of highly-skilled nursing services. Skilled nursing includes not merely nursing, but also physical and speech therapy, as well as other forms of therapy. Fortunately, it appear that this facility employs registered nurses. Not every facility employs these skilled professionals. On the other hand, based on the information this nursing home provided, they do not appear to employ physical therapists. The last metric we assessed in this category is the number of residents who ultimately returned home from the nursing home. We found that 5.7 percent of this nursing home's residents returned home as opposed to remaining at the facility on a permanent basis.
Does this page answer your questions about Bedford Wellness and Rehabilitation?
Long-term Care Quality
This facility's next best category is long-term care. In that area, we awarded this facility a B-. In the area of long-term care, we focus on the amount of services provided by a nursing home, rather than more healthcare-oriented services. On top of considering the volume of care provided by aids and other staff, we looked at the number of residents vaccinated for pneumonia. This facility provided the vaccine to 99.57447 percent of its residents, which is more than the vast majority of nursing homes. Lastly, this place was also able to limit hospitalizations. In fact, it had less than one hospitalization per one thousand long-term resident days, which is a remarkably low figure.
Our last category is nursing, where we gave this facility a grade of B- in this area. Our nursing rating is primarily associated with a facility's nurse staffing. This nursing home provides 0.3 hours of nursing care per resident per day. This is a much lower figure than we are used to seeing. Lastly, despite not having the highest total nursing hours per resident, this nursing home performed admirably in the metric of preventing major falls. This is usually a good indicator that a nursing home has sufficient quality controls in place.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Bedford Wellness and Rehabilitation Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Bedford Wellness and Rehabilitation, 7.79% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This is the percent of residents who suffered from a pressure ulcer. Pressure ulcers are considered to be an indicator of nursing care at a nursing home. Pressure ulcers, also known as bed sores, are routinely caused by residents staying in one position for too long.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Bedford Wellness and Rehabilitation, 3.33% of Patients had Serious Falls
This tells you the percentage of patients who suffered from a major fall. Falls leading to major injury are often associated with poor nursing care. Better nursing care limits the percentage of residents in a nursing home who sustain major falls.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Bedford Wellness and Rehabilitation, 1.51% of Patients had UTIs
This is the percentage of patients that sustained a urinary tract infection. UTI's are often linked to worse hygiene protocols. Better hygiene protocols can limit the percentage of residents in a nursing home who suffer from UTI's. Note that this statistic is affected by by the fact that facilities have varying reporting standards for UTI's.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Bedford Wellness and Rehabilitation, 11.48% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This tells you the percent of residents who were given antipsychotic medications. Antipsychotic medications are administered to residents for a variety of conditions, including cognitive disorders. Unfortunately, in some situations, excessive reliance on these medications may indicate a facility is using these medications to subdue residents.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Bedford Wellness and Rehabilitation, 22.56% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This is the percent of residents given antianxiety medications. These medications are commonly prescribed to patients experiencing anxiety and depression.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Bedford Wellness and Rehabilitation, 4.81% of Patients
This indicates the percent of residents showing symptoms of depression.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Bedford Wellness and Rehabilitation, 94.64% of Patients
This datapoint is a measure of the percent of long-term patients who received the flu and pneumonia vaccines.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Bedford Wellness and Rehabilitation, 17.1% Percentage of Patients
This indicates the percent of patients that required additional assistance with activities of daily living over time.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Bedford Wellness and Rehabilitation, 16.36% Percentage of Residents
This indicates the percentage of patients who were able to retain mobility over time. Retaining mobility is usually a good sign for residents' health.
In Bedford Wellness and Rehabilitation, 1.67 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
This metric measures the number of times residents are hospitalized per thousand days of patient care. Staying out of the hospital is important to the physical well-being of nursing home patients.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Bedford Wellness and Rehabilitation, 16.36 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This is the number of times residents are rehospitalized per 1,000 days of short-term patient care. There is generally a correlation between keeping patients out of the hospital and a nursing homes short-term rehabilitation performance.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Bedford Wellness and Rehabilitation, 11.4 Percentage of Patients
This is the number of times residents are sent to the emergency room per thousand days of short-term care. There is generally a correlation between fewer emergency room visits and the quality of nursing home care.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Bedford Wellness and Rehabilitation, 66.86% Percentage of Resident
This tells you the percent of short-term stay residents who saw functional improvements, such as with activities of daily living.
Scores for Bedford, TX
- Overall Rating has a grade of B
- Nurse Rating has a grade of B-minus
- Long-term Care Rating has a grade of B-plus
- Short-term Care Rating has a grade of B
- Inspection Rating has a grade of A
Looking for more options? Bedford, Texas has 3 other nursing homes
- Texas Health HebAcute Care Hospitals 1.11 miles away1600 Hospital Parkway Bedford Texas 76022Voluntary non-profit - Private(817) 848-4000
- Saint Camillus Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 2.72 miles away1612 Hurst Town Center Drive Hurst Texas 76054Proprietary(817) 519-3700
- Medical City North HillsAcute Care Hospitals 4.19 miles away4401 Booth Calloway Road North Richland Hills Texas 76180Proprietary(817) 255-1000
- Texas Health Arlington Memorial HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 6.46 miles away800 W Randol Mill Rd Arlington Texas 76012Voluntary non-profit - Private(817) 548-6100
- Texas Health Harris Methodist Hospital SouthlakeAcute Care Hospitals 6.88 miles away1545 E Southlake Blvd Southlake Texas 76092Government - State(817) 748-8700
- Baylor Scott & White Medical Center GrapevineAcute Care Hospitals 7.05 miles away1650 W College St Grapevine Texas 76051Voluntary non-profit - Private(817) 481-1588
- Baylor Medical Center at Trophy ClubAcute Care Hospitals 10.24 miles away2850 E State Highway 114 Roanoke Texas 76262Proprietary(817) 837-4600
- Medical City ArlingtonAcute Care Hospitals 10.41 miles away3301 Matlock Road Arlington Texas 76015Proprietary(817) 465-3241
- Heb Dialysis Center0.43 miles away1809 Forest Ridge Drive Bedford Texas 76022CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 21 (817) 545-4509
- Ameri-Tech Kidney Center-Bedford LLC0.85 miles away1600 Central Drive Suite 130 Bedford Texas 76022Dialysis Stations: 20 (817) 540-6084
- Mid Cities Dialysis Center1.72 miles away117 East Harwood Road Hurst Texas 76054Dialysis Stations: 12 (817) 656-2843
- North Hills Dialysis3.97 miles away7927 Boulevard 26 North Richland Hills Texas 76180Dialysis Stations: 15 (817) 605-9861
- Us Renal Care Tarrant Dialysis North Richland Hills5.33 miles away6455 Hilltop Dr, Suite 112 North Richland Hills Texas 76180Dialysis Stations: 15 (817) 485-8700
- Dialysis Services of Grapevine5.75 miles away1601 Hart Court Southlake Texas 76092Dialysis Stations: 12 (817) 329-1866
- Greater Irving I Regional Dialysis Center, LLC5.87 miles away1950 Ne Green Oaks Blvd Suite 190 Arlington Texas 76006Dialysis Stations: 24 (817) 460-0510
- Eastchase Dialysis Center5.95 miles away1451 Eastchase Parkway Fort Worth Texas 76120Dialysis Stations: 21 (817) 459-0372