Good Samaritan Society - Stillwater is located in Stillwater, Minnesota, a city with 35,024 people. With an overall score of A+, this facility is undoubtedly a superb nursing home. We were so impressed with this facility that we ranked it in the top five percent of all facilities nationally. One of the best aspects of this nursing home's stellar report card is its nursing score. We discuss nursing in the next paragraph.
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
Good Samaritan Society - Stillwater
- Nursing Home
- Memory Care
Updated Apr 1, 2023 by Nick Lata
Get pricing and details on Stillwater senior living options.Get Pricing
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- Non profit - Corporation
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Offers Outpatient Rehab
- Speech Therapy
- Occupational Therapy
- Physical Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
Registered Staff Hours
We also wanted to emphasize that this nursing home excelled in our nursing grade. We gave them an A+ in this category. Nursing scores are based in large part on levels of nurse staffing. This nursing home provides 0.3 hours of nursing care per resident per day. Finally, our nursing grades also factor in quality-based assessments, such as avoiding major falls. This place performed well in this area. Avoiding major falls is typically a good indicator that a facility has reliable quality controls in place. Major falls can generally be prevented if more nurses aids and better safety protocols are in place.
Long-term Care Quality
We also want to emphasize the fact that this facility was awarded an elite score of A in our long-term care category. For long-term care residents, the facility's primary goal is to keep patients as healthy and safe as possible. This is different than skilled nursing or short-term care where the goal is to rehabilitate patients. One of the datapoints we considered on top of nursing hours is vaccines. This nursing home provided the pneumonia vaccination to 85.48387 percent of its patients. Clearly, this nursing home is doing something right in this area as it was able to keep its patients out of the hospital. Indeed, it had only 0 hospitalizations per 1,000 long-term resident days, which is a remarkably low figure.
Does this page answer your questions about Good Samaritan Society - Stillwater?
Short-term Care Quality
This facility also was awarded a impressive short-term care score. This actually turned out to be this facility's third strongest category grade. In that area, we awarded this facility a grade of A. Our short-term care grade is commonly used to score a facility's performance with rehabilitation To provide quality rehabilitation services, facilities generally need to feature better levels of skilled nursing services. These types of services include registered nurses, physical therapists, respiratory therapists and other types of therapists. Fortunately, it appear that this nursing home has registered nurses on staff. Not all facilities employs these types of nurses. However, based on the data they provided, they do not appear to employ physical therapists. The last metric we looked at in this area is the number of residents that ultimately returned home from the facility. We found that 5.8 percent of this nursing home's patients returned home as opposed to remaining at the facility on a permanent basis.
Another impressive feature for this facility is its inspection score. In that area, we gave this nursing home an impressive grade of A, wrapping up its straight A performance. Arguably the most important factor we look at in determining our inspection scores is deficiencies. Deficiencies can be found on a facility's recent inspection reports. Facilities with higher scores in this area typically avoided the most severe deficiencies involving patient abuse or death. This facility was hit with 5 deficiencies on its inspection report, but we were relieved to see that none of the deficiencies were considered to be severe. This means that the government inspectors didn't deem any of the deficiencies an immediate risk to patient safety or health. Finally, this facility had no substantiated complaints this year from residents, which is an excellent sign.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Good Samaritan Society - Stillwater Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Good Samaritan Society - Stillwater, 1.22% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This tells you the percent of residents that suffered from a pressure ulcer. Pressure ulcers are considered by many in the nursing home industry to be a measure of nursing care . Pressure ulcers, which are also called bed sores, are routinely caused by patients not being moved frequently enough.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Good Samaritan Society - Stillwater, 0.81% of Patients had Serious Falls
This indicates the percent of residents who have had a major fall. Falls leading to severe injury are considered to be a barometer of nursing care . Major falls leading to injury are often the result of lower quality nursing care.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Good Samaritan Society - Stillwater, 2.42% of Patients had UTIs
This indicates the percent of residents that sustained a urinary tract infection. These infections are sometimes linked to insufficient hygiene.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Good Samaritan Society - Stillwater, 8.62% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This indicates the percent of residents who were given antipsychotic medications. These medications are used to treat several conditions, including dementia.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Good Samaritan Society - Stillwater, 2.7% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This is the percent of patients prescribed antianxiety drugs. These medications are given to patients suffering from anxiety or depression.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Good Samaritan Society - Stillwater, 6.19% of Patients
This indicates the percentage of patients showing symptoms of depression. High levels of depression could indicate a less hospitable environment.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Good Samaritan Society - Stillwater, 90.04% of Patients
This indicates the percentage of residents that were administered the flu and pneumonia vaccines. Higher vaccination rates should be standard at this point.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Good Samaritan Society - Stillwater, 12.84% of Patients
This metric measures the percent of long-term patients that needed additional assistance with activities of daily living over time. Activities of daily living include activities such as taking medications and taking a bath. Many believe that this is a reliable measure of a patient's well-being.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Good Samaritan Society - Stillwater, 12.07% of Residents
This indicates the percent of patients who were able to retain mobility over time. Retaining mobility is often a great sign for residents' well-being.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Good Samaritan Society - Stillwater, 12.07% of Residents Rehospitalized
This datapoint is a measure of the number of times residents are rehospitalized per 1,000 days of short-term care.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Good Samaritan Society - Stillwater, 11.26% of Patients
This indicates the number of emergency room visits per 1,000 days of short-term patient care.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Good Samaritan Society - Stillwater, 75.01% of Resident
This is the percent of short-term stay patients that saw functional improvements, such as with activities of daily living. Higher levels of autonomy with ADL's often correlates with better rehabilitation services.
- Lakeview Memorial HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 1.2 miles away927 West Churchill Street Stillwater Minnesota 55082Voluntary non-profit - Private(651) 430-5330
- Hudson Hospital & ClinicCritical Access Hospitals 8.69 miles away405 Stageline Road Hudson Wisconsin 54016Voluntary non-profit - Private(715) 531-6000
- Healtheast St John's HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 10.7 miles away1575 Beam Avenue Saint Paul Minnesota 55109Voluntary non-profit - Private(651) 232-7000
- Westfields Hospital and ClinicCritical Access Hospitals 13.52 miles away535 Hospital Rd New Richmond Wisconsin 54017Voluntary non-profit - Private(715) 243-2600
- Regions HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 15.45 miles away640 Jackson Street Saint Paul Minnesota 55101Voluntary non-profit - Private(651) 254-1616
- United HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 16.43 miles away333 North Smith Avenue Saint Paul Minnesota 55102Voluntary non-profit - Private(651) 241-8810
- Ladd Memorial HospitalCritical Access Hospitals 17.4 miles away2600 65th Avenue Osceola Wisconsin 54020Voluntary non-profit - Private(715) 294-2111
- River Falls Area HospitalCritical Access Hospitals 17.58 miles away1629 E Division St River Falls Wisconsin 54022Voluntary non-profit - Private(715) 307-6000
- River City Dialysis1.97 miles away1970 Northwestern Ave N Stillwater Minnesota 55082Dialysis Stations: 12 (651) 430-0067
- Fresenius Medical Care - Hudson Dialysis8.16 miles away1901 Ward Ave Ste 274 Hudson Wisconsin 54016Dialysis Stations: 13 (715) 386-8390
- Davita - Hudson Dialysis8.87 miles away421 Stageline Rd Hudson Wisconsin 54016Dialysis Stations: 12 (715) 381-8240
- Maplewood Dialysis of Davita10.07 miles away2785 White Bear Ave, Suite 201 Saint Paul Minnesota 55109Dialysis Stations: 16 (651) 779-2222
- Fmc - Maplewood Heights10.36 miles away1725 Legacy Pkwy E Ste 200 Saint Paul Minnesota 55109CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 12 (651) 748-7989
- Bio-Medical Applications of Minnesota, Inc.11.74 miles away7433 Currell Blvd Saint Paul Minnesota 55125Dialysis Stations: 13 (651) 714-9948
- Woodbury Dialysis of Davita12.08 miles away1850 Weir Dr #3 Saint Paul Minnesota 55125Dialysis Stations: 12 (651) 730-4522
- Sun Ray Dialysis of Davita12.73 miles away1744 Old Hudson Road Saint Paul Minnesota 55106CMS Rating: 5 stars Dialysis Stations: 12 (651) 793-5191