With an address in Gresham, Oregon, Good Samaritan Society - Fairlawn Village is one of four available nursing homes in the area. This nursing home received an A- overall, which is one of our higher ratings. In fact, this turned out to be better than most of the nursing homes in Gresham, which boasts a strong selection of nursing homes. If you look below, you will see this nursing home's category scores, which are also impressive.
Good Samaritan Society - Fairlawn Village
- Nursing Home
- Independent Living
Updated Sep 1, 2022 by Nick Lata
3457 Ne Division Street,
Gresham OR 97030
72.92% estimated occupancy 1
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- Non profit - Corporation
- Offers Post-Acute Care
- Offers Respite Care
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Offers Outpatient Rehab
- Home Making
- Speech Therapy
- Stroke Recovery
- IV Antibiotic Therapy
- Wound Care
- Occupational Therapy
- Cardiac Therapy
- Mental Health
- Physical Therapy
- Respiratory Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
- Recreational Therapy
- Pain Management
- Oncology Care
- Orthopedic Rehabilitation
- Lymphedema Care
- Aquatic Therapy
Top Nursing Home in Oregon Awards 2021
Best Nursing Home in Gresham, Oregon Awards 2021
Registered Staff Hours
On top of being a first rate facility overall, it also excelled in the area of inspections, where it received an A. Few facilities performed better in this category. Inspection ratings account for a host of factors included in a nursing home's inspection report. One key criteria we consider is the number and severity of deficiencies. Nursing homes with higher scores in this category generally have very few of these severe deficiencies. Fortunately, although this facility had some minor dings on its government inspection report, it had zero severe deficiencies. Severe deficiencies are those labeled as categories G through L. This means that the government inspectors did not deem any of the deficiencies on this facility's report to pose an imminent threat to patient safety or health. Remember that deficiency-free inspections are rare in the industry.
Short-term Care Quality
On the list of its many dominant scores, this facility was given first-rate short-term care grade. In fact, it received a score of A- in that category. With our short-term care grade, we strive to forge a meaningful gauge for rehabilitation. In doing so, we look at a facility's offerings of highly-skilled nursing services, including both registered nurses and physical therapy, as well as respiratory therapy. Fortunately, it looks like this nursing home has registered nurses on staff. Not all nursing homes employs these types of nurses. On the other hand, based on the information this nursing home provided, they do not appear to employ physical therapists. Finally, we looked at the percentage of residents who were able to return to the community from this nursing home. We found that 5.4 percent of this nursing home's patients returned home.
Does this page answer your questions about Good Samaritan Society - Fairlawn Village?
This facility received a very good nursing grade this year as well. It received one of our better scores in that category with a grade of B+. There are several subcategories within this area. Most of these factors are tied to staffing levels. This particular nursing home provided 0.4 hours of nursing care per resident per day. Lastly, we also assessed some nursing quality-based metrics in determining our nursing grades. This place performed very well in terms of minimizing its residents' major falls and pressure ulcers. We consider these areas to be good indicators of the quality of nursing care.
Long-term Care Quality
The next area we rated is long-term care. In that area, we awarded this facility a favorable grade of B. Facilities that excel in long-term care typically provide patients with better supervision and stay on top of routine medical care. On top of looking at the quantity of care provided by aids and other staff, we also looked at the percentage of residents vaccinated against pneumonia. This nursing home gave the vaccine to 97.395836 percent of its patients, which is very impressive. Pneumonia can be a life or death health condition for nursing home patients so we prefer when a facility doesn't leave its residents vulnerable. Lastly, this nursing home was able to limit hospitalizations. It had less than one hospitalization per one thousand long-term resident days, which is a remarkably low number.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Good Samaritan Society - Fairlawn Village Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Good Samaritan Society - Fairlawn Village, 8.57% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This indicates the percentage of residents who have had a pressure ulcer. Pressure ulcers, which are also called bed sores, are often the result of residents not being moved frequently enough. Better nursing protocols limits the number of pressure ulcers sustained by residents in a nursing home.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Good Samaritan Society - Fairlawn Village, 2.43% of Patients had Serious Falls
This is the percent of patients that have had a major fall. Falls leading to major injury are considered by many in the nursing home industry to be an indicator of nursing care at a nursing home. Major falls are often caused by lower quality nursing care.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Good Samaritan Society - Fairlawn Village, 2.24% of Patients had UTIs
This metric measures the percent of long-term residents which sustained a urinary tract infection. UTI's could be an indication of a nursing home with worse hygiene protocols. Nevertheless, this statistic can also be misleading for certain facilities due to varying reporting standards for infections.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Good Samaritan Society - Fairlawn Village, 15.6% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This is the percent of patients given antipsychotic medications. These drugs are sometimes used to treat several medical conditions, including cognitive disorders.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Good Samaritan Society - Fairlawn Village, 12.47% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This metric tells you the percent of long-term care patients taking antianxiety drugs.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Good Samaritan Society - Fairlawn Village, 5.65% of Patients
This is a measure of the percentage of long-term stay residents demonstrating depressive symptoms.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Good Samaritan Society - Fairlawn Village, 92.57% of Patients
Measures the percentage of long-term patients that were vaccinated against pneumonia and flu.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Good Samaritan Society - Fairlawn Village, 13.82% Percentage of Patients
This datapoint measures the percent of long-term patients that needed additional assistance with activities of daily living over time. ADL's include activities such as getting dressed and continence.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Good Samaritan Society - Fairlawn Village, 22.07% Percentage of Residents
This is the percentage of residents who remained mobile levels over time. Retaining mobility is usually a great sign for residents' health.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Good Samaritan Society - Fairlawn Village, 22.07 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This tells you the number of times residents are rehospitalized per thousand days of short-term care. There is generally a correlation between having fewer hospitalizations and a nursing homes short-term rehabilitation performance.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Good Samaritan Society - Fairlawn Village, 13.94 Percentage of Patients
This is the number of times residents are sent to the emergency room per thousand days of short-term care. There is typically a correlation between fewer emergency room visits and the quality of rehabilitation.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Good Samaritan Society - Fairlawn Village, 75.47% Percentage of Resident
This tells you the percent of short-term care patients who experienced functional improvements, such as enhanced ability to perform activities of daily living. Higher levels of autonomy with activities of daily living generally correlates with higher quality rehabilitation.
Scores for Gresham, OR
- Overall Rating has a grade of B-plus
- Nurse Rating has a grade of B-plus
- Long-term Care Rating has a grade of B-minus
- Short-term Care Rating has a grade of B-plus
- Inspection Rating has a grade of A-minus
Looking for more options? Gresham, Oregon has 3 other nursing homes
- Legacy Mount Hood Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 1.13 miles away24800 Se Stark Street Gresham Oregon 97030Voluntary non-profit - Private(503) 674-1122
- Adventist Health PortlandAcute Care Hospitals 7.77 miles away10123 Se Market Street Portland Oregon 97216Voluntary non-profit - Church(503) 257-2500
- Kaiser Sunnyside Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 9.18 miles away10180 Se Sunnyside Road Clackamas Oregon 97015Voluntary non-profit - Other(503) 652-2880
- Providence Portland Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 10.51 miles away4805 Ne Glisan Street Portland Oregon 97213Voluntary non-profit - Private(503) 215-1111
- Peacehealth Southwest Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 12.09 miles away400 Ne Mother Joseph Place Vancouver Washington 98668Voluntary non-profit - Private(360) 256-2000
- Legacy Emanuel Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 13.34 miles away2801 N Gantenbein Avenue Portland Oregon 97227Voluntary non-profit - Private(503) 413-2200
- Providence Willamette Falls Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 13.79 miles away1500 Division Street Oregon City Oregon 97045Voluntary non-profit - Private(503) 657-6915
- Ohsu Hospital and ClinicsAcute Care Hospitals 13.95 miles away3181 Sw Sam Jackson Park Road Portland Oregon 97239Voluntary non-profit - Other(503) 494-6245
- Gresham Dialysis Center1.1 miles away1360 E Powell Blvd Gresham Oregon 97030CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 15 (503) 465-1650
- Fmc Dialysis Mt Hood1.59 miles away23335 Se Stark St Gresham Oregon 97030CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 25 (503) 465-0424
- Davita Gresham Station Dialysis2.14 miles away878 Nw Burnside Rd Gresham Oregon 97030Dialysis Stations: 17 (503) 465-1068
- Portland Gateway Dialysis7.13 miles away9932 Ne Halsey St Portland Oregon 97220CMS Rating: 2 stars Dialysis Stations: 16 (503) 253-8170
- Portland Home Dialysis Clinic7.4 miles away10802 Se Washington Street Portland Oregon 97216Dialysis Stations: 2 (503) 254-4426
- Portland Dialysis Center7.6 miles away10595 Se Stark St Portland Oregon 97216Dialysis Stations: 15 (503) 252-0019
- Fmc Maywood Park8.04 miles away11909 Ne Glenn Widing Dr Portland Oregon 97220Dialysis Stations: 21 (503) 255-3464
- Foster Powell Dialysis9.45 miles away6828 Se Foster Rd Portland Oregon 97206Dialysis Stations: 17 (503) 777-5780