The Glen is a small nursing home located in Cincinnati, Ohio. With an overall score of B+, this looks like a high quality facility. Even in a city with 34 other nursing homes, this facility stood out. The best aspect of this nursing home's strong report card was its inspection reports. Inspection reports are discussed in the next paragraph
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
- Nursing Home
- Independent Living
- Assisted Living
- Adult Day Care
- Memory Care
Updated Apr 1, 2023 by Nick Lata
Get pricing and details on Cincinnati senior living options.Get Pricing
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- Is CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- Has Family Council
- For profit - Corporation
- Offers Hospice
- Offers Post-Acute Care
- Offers Respite Care
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Personal Care
- Medication Management
- Home Making
- Medical Transportation
- Speech Therapy
- Occupational Therapy
- Physical Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
- Recreational Therapy
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
Registered Staff Hours
In addition to being a quality nursing home overall, this facility really excelled in the area of inspections, where it received a grade of A. Few nursing homes performed better in that area. These inspection ratings take several factors into consideration, including deficiencies, substantiated complaints and federal fines. You can find more information about each of these issues by obtaining copies of nursing homes' inspection reports. This facility was assessed 2 deficiencies on its inspection report, but we were relieved to see that none were considered to be severe deficiencies. This means that the inspectors did not deem any of the deficiencies to be an imminent risk to resident health or safety. We should note that deficiency-free inspection reports are rare in this industry.
Short-term Care Quality
This nursing home also received a favorable short-term care score. In fact, we gave it an above average grade of B+ in this category. With our short-term care grade, we endeavor to craft a valuable barometer for rehabilitation. In this process, we assess a nursing home's scope of skilled nursing services, including both registered nurses and physical therapy, as well as speech therapy. Fortunately, it looks like this nursing home has registered nurses on staff. Not all facilities employs these skilled professionals. On the other hand, according to the information they provided, it does not look like the facility employs physical therapists. Lastly, we assessed the percentage of residents that eventually returned home from this facility. We found that 5.5 percent of this nursing home's patients returned home.
Does this page answer your questions about The Glen?
Another one of this facility's impressive category grades came in the area of nursing care. We awarded them one of our better scores in that area, with a grade of B. When calculating our nursing scores, we assess both staffing levels and the skill levels of the nurses. This nursing home provides 0.3 hours of nursing care per resident per day. Finally, our nursing grades also factor in quality-based assessments, such as avoiding major falls. This nursing home performed well in this area. Avoiding major falls is typically a good indicator that a nursing home has reliable quality controls in place. Major falls can generally be avoided if more nurses aids and better safety protocols are in place.
Long-term Care Quality
The last area we assessed was long-term care. In that category, we awarded this nursing home an above average grade of B. In a long-term care environment, the primary goal is to maintain patients' quality of life and keep them safe. One of the statistics we considered in addition to nurse's aid hours was vaccines. This facility administered the pneumonia vaccination to 91.390724 percent of its residents. Lastly, this facility was able to limit hospitalizations. In fact, it had less than one hospitalization per one thousand long-term resident days, which is an impressively low number.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
The Glen Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In The Glen, 7.3% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This metric tells you the percentage of long-term patients who are suffering from pressure ulcers or bed sores. We consider this statistic when determining both nursing and long-term care grades.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In The Glen, 3.68% of Patients had Serious Falls
This statistic indicates the percentage of long-term patients which suffered falls which resulted in major injury. This is one of the statistics we use in determining our nursing ratings.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In The Glen, 1.34% of Patients had UTIs
This is the percentage of patients who sustained a urinary tract infection. Urinary tract infections are considered to be a barometer of nursing care at a nursing home. UTI's are routinely linked to lower quality nursing care. Nevertheless, this datapoint may be skewed for some facilities due to different reporting standards for these infections.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In The Glen, 12.59% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This tells you the percentage of patients given antipsychotic medications. These drugs may be used for treating several conditions, including cognitive disorders.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In The Glen, 21.99% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This is the percent of residents who were prescribed antianxiety drugs. Antianxiety medications are given to patients experiencing depression and anxiety.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In The Glen, 21.39% of Patients
This indicates the percent of residents demonstrating signs of depression. High levels of depression may be an indicator a lower level of care.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In The Glen, 88.91% of Patients
This indicates the percent of residents who received the flu and pneumonia vaccines. High vaccination rates should be the norm at this point.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In The Glen, 14.84% Percentage of Patients
This is the percent of residents that needed increased assistance with activities of daily living over time.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In The Glen, 12.66% Percentage of Residents
This is the percent of residents that retained mobility levels over time. Optimizing mobility is usually a good sign for residents' health.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In The Glen, 12.66 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This metric tracks the number of times residents are rehospitalized per thousand days of short-term patient care. Staying out of the hospital during rehabilitation is important to restoring the physical abilities of residents.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In The Glen, 12.98 Percentage of Patients
This tells you the number of emergency room visits per thousand days of short-term care. There is generally a correlation between reduced emergency room visits and the overall quality of nursing home care.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In The Glen, 75.85% Percentage of Resident
This indicates the percent of short-term stay patients that saw functional improvements, such as with activities of daily living.
Scores for Cincinnati, OH
- Overall Rating has a grade of B-minus
- Nurse Rating has a grade of B-minus
- Long-term Care Rating has a grade of C
- Short-term Care Rating has a grade of B-minus
- Inspection Rating has a grade of B-plus
Looking for more options? Cincinnati, Ohio has 33 other nursing homes
- Mercy Health-Anderson HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 4.24 miles away7500 State Road Cincinnati Ohio 45255Voluntary non-profit - Private(513) 624-4006
- St Elizabeth Ft ThomasAcute Care Hospitals 10.43 miles away85 North Grand Avenue Fort Thomas Kentucky 41075Voluntary non-profit - Private(859) 572-3100
- Bethesda NorthAcute Care Hospitals 12.05 miles away10500 Montgomery Road Cincinnati Ohio 45242Voluntary non-profit - Church(513) 865-1241
- Cincinnati Children's Hospital Medical CenterChildrens 12.82 miles away3333 Burnet Avenue Cincinnati Ohio 45229Voluntary non-profit - Private(513) 636-3333
- University of Cincinnati Medical Center, LLCAcute Care Hospitals 12.86 miles away234 Goodman Street Cincinnati Ohio 45219Voluntary non-profit - Private(513) 584-1000
- Christ HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 12.94 miles away2139 Auburn Avenue Cincinnati Ohio 45219Voluntary non-profit - Private(513) 585-2000
- Good Samaritan HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 13.94 miles away375 Dixmyth Avenue Cincinnati Ohio 45220Voluntary non-profit - Church(513) 862-2646
- Assurance Health Cincinnati LLCPsychiatric 14.39 miles away11690 Grooms Road Cincinnati Ohio 45242Proprietary(513) 519-4947
- Davita - Eastgate Dialysis0.78 miles away4435 Aicholtz Road, Suite 800a Cincinnati Ohio 45245Dialysis Stations: 16 (513) 752-5544
- Targhee Dialysis LLC0.94 miles away4435 Aicholtz Drive, Suite 800b Cincinnati Ohio 45245Dialysis Stations: 4 (513) 752-8301
- Dialysis Clinic Inc2.62 miles away4600 Beechwood Rd., Suite 900 Cincinnati Ohio 45244Dialysis Stations: 15 (513) 528-3222
- Davita - Anderson Dialysis4.24 miles away7502 State Road Suite, 1160 Cincinnati Ohio 45255CMS Rating: 5 stars Dialysis Stations: 16 (513) 624-0400
- Davita - Ohio Pike Dialysis4.9 miles away1761 State Route 125, Suite G Amelia Ohio 45102Dialysis Stations: 12 (513) 797-0713
- Davita - Batavia Dialysis6.88 miles away4000 Golden Age Drive Batavia Ohio 45103Dialysis Stations: 12 (513) 735-0700
- Davita - Clermont Inc7.25 miles away5901 Montclair Blvd, Suite 100 Milford Ohio 45150Dialysis Stations: 12 (513) 248-0593
- Fmc-Milford LLC7.63 miles away5890 Meadow Creek Drive Milford Ohio 45150Dialysis Stations: 15 (513) 248-1690