Garden Terrace Healthcare Center of Federal Way is one of just a few nursing homes located in Federal Way, Washington. This nursing home received an A- overall, which is a high-end score. In fact, we ranked this nursing home in the top third of all nursing homes in the country. The best aspect of this nursing home's impressive profile is its short-term care rating. short-term care grades are discussed in the next section
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
Garden Terrace Healthcare Center of Federal Way
- Nursing Home
Updated Apr 1, 2023 by Nick Lata
Get pricing and details on Federal Way senior living options.Get Pricing
- Accepts Medicare 1
- No Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- For profit - Corporation
- Offers Post-Acute Care
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Offers Outpatient Rehab
- Personal Care
- Medication Management
- Home Making
- Speech Therapy
- IV Antibiotic Therapy
- Wound Care
- Occupational Therapy
- Diabetes Management
- Physical Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
- Recreational Therapy
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
Top Nursing Home in Washington Awards 2019
Best Nursing Home in Federal Way, Washington Awards 2019
Top Nursing Home in Washington Awards 2020
Best Nursing Home in Federal Way, Washington Awards 2020
Top Nursing Home in Washington Awards 2021
Best Nursing Home in Federal Way, Washington Awards 2021
Registered Staff Hours
Short-term Care Quality
In addition to receiving a great overall score, this facility received an A+ for short-term care. In computing our short-term care scores, we analyze the facility's skilled nursing services, such as those performed by registered nurses, speech therapists, physical therapists and other types of skilled professionals. Our objective is to devise a tool for comparing the rehabilitation services of various nursing homes. Fortunately, it looks like this facility employs registered nurses. Not every nursing home employs these types of nurses. On the other hand, according to the information this nursing home provided, they do not appear to employ physical therapists. Finally, we assessed the percentage of residents who eventually returned home from this nursing home. We found that 6.5 percent of this nursing home's patients returned home.
We also wanted to emphasize the fact that this facility received an impressive grade of A in our nursing category. Our nursing score is mostly based on the facility's level of nurse staffing. This facility provided 0.5 hours of nursing care per resident per day. Finally, we also looked at several nursing quality measures and this place excelled in some of these areas. With less than five percent of its residents sustaining pressure ulcers, it performed as well as any place the nation in this category. This is generally a good indicator of quality nursing care. Pressure ulcers can frequently be avoided by offering better nursing care, such as having a protocol of moving residents more often.
Does this page answer your questions about Garden Terrace Healthcare Center of Federal Way?
Another area of strength for this nursing home is in the area of inspections. Inspections turned out to be one of its best categories. In that category, we gave this facility a B. Arguably the most important factor we look at in determining our inspection ratings is deficiencies. These deficiencies can be found on a facility's inspection reports. Places with better scores in this area most likely avoided the most severe deficiencies involving health risks or even death. Fortunately, although this nursing home had some minor dings on its report, it had no severe deficiencies. Severe deficiencies are those found in categories G through L. This tells you that CMS did not deem any of the deficiencies on this facility's report to pose an imminent threat to patient health or safety. We should point out that deficiency-free inspection reports are uncommon in this industry.
Long-term Care Quality
Turning to our final area, this nursing home received a respectable long-term care score. Even though this was not as elite as many of its other grades, this is truly not a terrible score. Our long-term care grade assesses a facility's assistance with daily living rather than the skilled nursing and healthcare services that are critical to a rehabilitation facility. After considering the quantity of care provided by nurses and other staff, we then looked at the facility's vaccination record. Unfortunately, we were not able to locate this place's vaccination data. Finally, this nursing home keeps its residents out of the hospital. In fact, it had only 0 hospitalizations per one thousand long-term resident days, which is an impressively low figure.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Garden Terrace Healthcare Center of Federal Way Quality Metrics
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Garden Terrace Healthcare Center of Federal Way, 12.21 Percentage of Patients
This indicates the number of emergency room visits per 1,000 days of short-term patient care.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Garden Terrace Healthcare Center of Federal Way, 75.22% Percentage of Resident
Measures the percentage of short-term care residents that experienced functional improvements, such as with activities of daily living. Some argue that this is a measure of a nursing home's rehabilitation services.
- St Francis Community HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 0.48 miles away34515 9th Avenue South Federal Way Washington 98003Voluntary non-profit - Church(253) 944-8100
- Multicare Auburn Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 4.55 miles away202 North Division Street Plaza One Auburn Washington 98001Voluntary non-profit - Private(253) 833-7711
- St Joseph Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 6.78 miles away1717 South J Street Tacoma Washington 98405Voluntary non-profit - Church(253) 627-4101
- Multicare Good Samaritan HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 8.63 miles away401 15th Avenue Se Puyallup Washington 98372Voluntary non-profit - Private(253) 697-2102
- Highline Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 11.05 miles away16251 Sylvester Road Sw Seattle Washington 98166Voluntary non-profit - Private(206) 244-9970
- Multicare Covington Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 11.12 miles away17700 Se 272nd St Kent Washington 98042Voluntary non-profit - Private(253) 372-7400
- Valley Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 11.22 miles away400 S 43rd St Renton Washington 98055Government - Hospital District or Authority(425) 228-3450
- St Clare HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 13.03 miles away11315 Bridgeport Way S W Lakewood Washington 98499Voluntary non-profit - Church(253) 588-1711
- Nkc Federal Way West Campus0.06 miles away501 South 336th St., Suite 110 Federal Way Washington 98003Dialysis Stations: 7 (253) 943-6312
- Federal Way Community Dialysis Center0.67 miles away1015 S 348th St Federal Way Washington 98003CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 13 (253) 661-9055
- Nkc Federal Way East Kidney Center1.74 miles away33820 Weyerhaeuser Way S Ste 100 Auburn Washington 98001Dialysis Stations: 14 (253) 943-6262
- Nkc Fife Kidney Center3.75 miles away6021 12th Street E, Suite 110 Tacoma Washington 98424Dialysis Stations: 10 (253) 943-6335
- Nkc Auburn Kidney Center3.91 miles away1501 West Valley Highway N Auburn Washington 98001CMS Rating: 5 stars Dialysis Stations: 12 (253) 804-8323
- Total Renal Care, Inc4.13 miles away27320 Pacific Hwy S Federal Way Washington 98003Dialysis Stations: 12 (253) 529-7825
- Nkc Kent Kidney Center6.55 miles away25316 74th Ave S Ste 101 Kent Washington 98032CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 27 (253) 850-6810
- Renal Care Group Northwest, Inc.6.72 miles away1717 South J Street Tacoma Washington 98405Dialysis Stations: 20 (253) 627-1995