Garden Terrace Healthcare Center of Federal Way is one of four facilities in Federal Way, Washington. This facility received an overall grade of B+, which is very favorable score. This actually is the number one rated nursing home in the city. This place's strong profile was highlighted by its short-term care score, which we will address in the next paragraph.
Garden Terrace Healthcare Center of Federal Way
- Nursing Home
Updated Sep 1, 2022 by Nick Lata
- Accepts Medicare 1
- No Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- For profit - Corporation
- Offers Post-Acute Care
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Offers Outpatient Rehab
- Personal Care
- Medication Management
- Home Making
- Speech Therapy
- IV Antibiotic Therapy
- Wound Care
- Occupational Therapy
- Diabetes Management
- Physical Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
- Recreational Therapy
Top Nursing Home in Washington Awards 2019
Best Nursing Home in Federal Way, Washington Awards 2019
Top Nursing Home in Washington Awards 2020
Best Nursing Home in Federal Way, Washington Awards 2020
Top Nursing Home in Washington Awards 2021
Best Nursing Home in Federal Way, Washington Awards 2021
Registered Staff Hours
Short-term Care Quality
One of the reasons this turned out to be a quality nursing home is that it received a very impressive short-term care grade. Short-term care is its best category. In that area, we gave this nursing home an A. In calculating our short-term care ratings, we size up a facility's levels of skilled nursing services, which includes registered nurses, physical therapists occupational therapists and other licensed professionals. This area is often a reliable assessment of the facility's rehabilitation services. Fortunately, it appear that this facility has registered nurses on staff. Not every nursing home employs these skilled professionals. However, based on the data they provided, they do not appear to employ physical therapists. The last metric we assessed in this area is the number of residents who were able to leave the facility and return home. We discovered that 6.5 percent of this facility's patients were able to return home.
This facility received high grades in the area of nursing as well. In fact, it received one of our highest grades in that category with a score of A. The nursing rating weighs several factors. The most important one is the amount of time nurses spend with patients. This particular nursing home provided 0.5 hours of nursing care per resident per day. Finally, our nursing grades also factor in quality-based assessments, such as avoiding major falls. This place performed well in this area. Avoiding major falls is typically a good indicator that a nursing home has reliable quality controls in place. Major falls can frequently be avoided if more nurses aids and better safety protocols are in place.
Does this page answer your questions about Garden Terrace Healthcare Center of Federal Way?
Another area of strength for this nursing home is in inspections. In fact, inspections turned out to be one of its best categories. In that area, we gave this nursing home a B. Our inspection scores are based on datapoints located in the a nursing home's recent inspection reports. Places that excel in this area have few deficiencies on those reports. Most importantly, these places generally do not have any severe deficiencies which are associated with endangerment of patients. While this facility had some minor dings on its inspection report, it had no severe deficiencies. Severe deficiencies are ones found in categories G through L. This means the inspectors didn't consider any of the deficiencies on this facility's report to pose an imminent threat to patient health or safety. We should note that deficiency-free inspection reports are uncommon in the industry.
Long-term Care Quality
The next category we analyzed turned out to be this facility's weakest category. Nevertheless, even in its weakest link we still gave it an acceptable grade of B- for our long-term care category. Our long-term care ratings are pivotal for patients in need of non-healthcare services such as personal care. After assessing the amount of care provided by aids and other staff, we then analyzed the facility's vaccination data. It doesn't appear that this nursing home provided information about vaccinations. Lastly, this nursing home was able to limit hospitalizations. In fact, it had less than one hospitalization per one thousand long-term resident days, which is a remarkably low number.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Garden Terrace Healthcare Center of Federal Way Quality Metrics
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Garden Terrace Healthcare Center of Federal Way, 10.98 Percentage of Patients
This tells you the number of emergency room visits per thousand days of short-term care.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Garden Terrace Healthcare Center of Federal Way, 74.42% Percentage of Resident
This tells you the percent of short-term patients who saw functional improvements, such as enhanced ability to perform activities of daily living. Higher levels of performance with ADL's generally correlates with better rehabilitation services.
Scores for Federal Way, WA
- Overall Rating has a grade of C
- Nurse Rating has a grade of B-plus
- Long-term Care Rating has a grade of C
- Short-term Care Rating has a grade of A-minus
- Inspection Rating has a grade of D
Looking for more options? Federal Way, Washington has 3 other nursing homes
- St Francis Community HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 0.48 miles away34515 9th Avenue South Federal Way Washington 98003Voluntary non-profit - Church(253) 944-8100
- Multicare Auburn Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 4.55 miles away202 North Division Street Plaza One Auburn Washington 98001Voluntary non-profit - Private(253) 833-7711
- St Joseph Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 6.78 miles away1717 South J Street Tacoma Washington 98405Voluntary non-profit - Church(253) 627-4101
- Multicare Good Samaritan HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 8.63 miles away401 15th Avenue Se Puyallup Washington 98372Voluntary non-profit - Private(253) 697-2102
- Highline Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 11.05 miles away16251 Sylvester Road Sw Seattle Washington 98166Voluntary non-profit - Private(206) 244-9970
- Multicare Covington Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 11.12 miles away17700 Se 272nd St Kent Washington 98042Voluntary non-profit - Private(253) 372-7400
- Valley Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 11.22 miles away400 S 43rd St Renton Washington 98055Government - Hospital District or Authority(425) 228-3450
- St Clare HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 13.03 miles away11315 Bridgeport Way S W Lakewood Washington 98499Voluntary non-profit - Church(253) 588-1711
- Nkc Federal Way West Campus0.06 miles away501 South 336th St., Suite 110 Federal Way Washington 98003Dialysis Stations: 7 (253) 943-6312
- Federal Way Community Dialysis Center0.67 miles away1015 S 348th St Federal Way Washington 98003CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 13 (253) 661-9055
- Nkc Federal Way East Kidney Center1.74 miles away33820 Weyerhaeuser Way S Ste 100 Auburn Washington 98001Dialysis Stations: 14 (253) 943-6262
- Nkc Fife Kidney Center3.75 miles away6021 12th Street E, Suite 110 Tacoma Washington 98424Dialysis Stations: 10 (253) 943-6335
- Nkc Auburn Kidney Center3.91 miles away1501 West Valley Highway N Auburn Washington 98001CMS Rating: 5 stars Dialysis Stations: 12 (253) 804-8323
- Total Renal Care, Inc4.13 miles away27320 Pacific Hwy S Federal Way Washington 98003Dialysis Stations: 12 (253) 529-7825
- Nkc Kent Kidney Center6.55 miles away25316 74th Ave S Ste 101 Kent Washington 98032CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 27 (253) 850-6810
- Renal Care Group Northwest, Inc.6.72 miles away1717 South J Street Tacoma Washington 98405Dialysis Stations: 20 (253) 627-1995