Future Care Charles Village is one of a list of 27 nursing homes in Baltimore, Maryland. The city has more choices than most other areas in Maryland. With an overall grade of B-, this is likely a decent nursing home. This grade is right in line with the city grade in Baltimore. One of the best aspects of this facility's report card is its stellar inspection grade, which you can find in the next section.
Future Care Charles Village
- Nursing Home
Updated Jun 1, 2022 by Nick Lata
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- For profit - Corporation
- Offers Hospice
- Offers Respite Care
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Medication Management
- Home Making
- Medical Transportation
- Speech Therapy
- Stroke Recovery
- IV Antibiotic Therapy
- Palliative Care
- Wound Care
- Occupational Therapy
- Cardiac Therapy
- Mental Health
- Physical Therapy
- Respiratory Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
- Recreational Therapy
- Pain Management
- Bariatric Care
Registered Staff Hours
In addition to being a respectable nursing home overall, this facility really excelled in the area of inspections, where it earned an A. Few nursing homes performed better in this category. Our inspection ratings are tied to many items located in the a nursing home's recent inspection reports. Places that score well in this area tend to have very few deficiencies on those reports. Most importantly, these facilities generally do not have any severe deficiencies which are associated with risks to patient safety. This nursing home was hit with 5 deficiencies on its inspection report, but we were relieved to see that none were considered to be severe deficiencies. This means that the government inspectors didn't deem any of these deficiencies to cause an imminent risk to resident safety or health. We should note that deficiency-free inspection reports are rare in the industry.
Short-term Care Quality
This facility also fared well in the area of short-term care. For this reason, we gave it a score of A- in that category, which is one of our best scores. In the category of short-term care, we attempt to evaluate measures of a facility's rehabilitation services. We analyze the nursing home's skilled nursing services, including the ones performed by registered nurses and physical and occupational therapists. Fortunately, it appear that this nursing home has registered nurses on staff. Not all nursing homes employs these skilled professionals. On the other hand, according to the data they provided, they do not appear to employ physical therapists. The last metric we looked at in this area is the percentage of patients who were able to leave the nursing home and return to the community. We discovered that 6.3 percent of this nursing home's residents returned home.
Does this page answer your questions about Future Care Charles Village?
The next highest grade we gave this nursing home in any area came in the category of nursing, where we gave it a grade of B-. We weighed the skill-level of nurses at the nursing home, as well as the quantity of hours the nurses were with patients, in determining our score in this area. This place averages 0.3 hours of nursing care per patient per day, which is a very low figure. Despite having low quantities of nursing care, this facility actually excelled in some of the quality-based metrics we looked at. In fact, it performed well when it comes to avoiding major falls and pressure ulcers.
Long-term Care Quality
Moving on to the final category, this nursing home did not perform well. With a very poor grade of F in long-term care, this is this nursing home's worst category. Long-term care scores in this range generally are a bad sign for the quantity and quality of care provided by nurses and aids, as well as the levels of routine medical care available. Once we assessed the volume of care provided by nurses and other staff, we turned to the nursing home's vaccination record. Frankly, we were a bit concerned this facility vaccinated 83.52941 percent of its residents for pneumonia, which happens to be significantly lower than what we expected. Surprisingly, this facility was actually decent at keeping its residents out of the hospital. It had just 0.02 hospitalizations per 1,000 long-term resident days. This was its best feature in this category.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Future Care Charles Village Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Future Care Charles Village, 10.35% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This tells you the percent of patients that suffered from a pressure ulcer. Pressure ulcers are damage to the skin resulting from staying in one position for too long.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Future Care Charles Village, 2.83% of Patients had Serious Falls
This is the percent of patients that sustained a fall which caused major injury.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Future Care Charles Village, 2.06% of Patients had UTIs
This datapoint is an indication of the percent of long-term care residents that sustained UTI's. Although more of these infections may reflect poorly on a facility's cleanliness, it can be problematic to compare different facilities due to nursing homes having differing reporting standards.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Future Care Charles Village, 13.12% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This is the percent of residents who were prescribed antipsychotic medications. Antipsychotic medications are prescribed to residents for a variety of conditions, such as Alzheimer's or other dementias. Tragically, in some situations, high levels of antipsychotic drug use may suggest that a facility is using these drugs to subdue residents.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Future Care Charles Village, 14.71% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This is the percent of residents prescribed antianxiety drugs. These drugs are typically prescribed to patients experiencing depression or anxiety.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Future Care Charles Village, 10.05% of Patients
This datapoint measures the percentage of long-term care patients demonstrating symptoms of depression.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Future Care Charles Village, 92.62% of Patients
This tells you the percentage of residents that have received the flu and pneumonia vaccines. High vaccination rates should be the norm at this point.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Future Care Charles Village, 19.85% Percentage of Patients
This datapoint is a measure of the percent of long-term care patients that needed additional assistance with activities of daily living over time. ADL's include activities such as moving around and taking a bath.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Future Care Charles Village, 30.15% Percentage of Residents
Measures the percent of long-term patients that remained mobile levels.
In Future Care Charles Village, 0.99 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
This datapoint measures the number of times residents are hospitalized per thousand days of patient care.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Future Care Charles Village, 30.15 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This is the number of times residents are rehospitalized per 1,000 days of short-term care. There is typically a correlation between keeping patients out of the hospital and a nursing homes short-term rehabilitation performance.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Future Care Charles Village, 8.9 Percentage of Patients
This is the number of times residents are sent to the emergency room per 1,000 days of short-term patient care.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Future Care Charles Village, 73.77% Percentage of Resident
This tells you the percentage of short-term care residents that saw functional improvements, such as enhanced ability to perform activities of daily living.
Scores for Baltimore, MD
- Overall Rating has a grade of B-minus
- Nurse Rating has a grade of B
- Long-term Care Rating has a grade of C
- Short-term Care Rating has a grade of B-plus
- Inspection Rating has a grade of B-plus
Looking for more options? Baltimore, Maryland has 26 other nursing homes
- Medstar Union Memorial HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 1.01 miles away201 East University Parkway Baltimore Maryland 21218Voluntary non-profit - Other(410) 554-2227
- University of Md Medical Center Midtown CampusAcute Care Hospitals 1.12 miles away827 Linden Avenue Baltimore Maryland 21201Voluntary non-profit - Other(410) 225-8996
- Mercy Medical Center IncAcute Care Hospitals 1.65 miles away301 Saint Paul Place Baltimore Maryland 21202Voluntary non-profit - Church(410) 332-9237
- Kennedy Krieger InstituteChildrens 1.69 miles away707 North Broadway Baltimore Maryland 21205Voluntary non-profit - Private(443) 923-9301
- Johns Hopkins Hospital, TheAcute Care Hospitals 1.88 miles away600 North Wolfe Street Baltimore Maryland 21287Voluntary non-profit - Private(410) 955-9540
- University of Maryland Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 2.03 miles away22 South Greene Street Baltimore Maryland 21201Voluntary non-profit - Private(410) 328-8667
- Bon Secours HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 2.61 miles away2000 W Baltimore Street Baltimore Maryland 21223Voluntary non-profit - Private(410) 362-3000
- Medstar Good Samaritan HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 3.39 miles away5601 Loch Raven Boulevard Baltimore Maryland 21239Voluntary non-profit - Other(443) 444-3902
- Us Renal Care - North Baltimore0.36 miles away2700 North Charles St Baltimore Maryland 21218Dialysis Stations: 11 (410) 243-4193
- Bma - Baltimore0.61 miles away2801 Greenmount Avenue Suite 2833 Baltimore Maryland 21218CMS Rating: 2 stars Dialysis Stations: 19 (410) 235-5659
- Treet Dialysis Inc0.87 miles away920 E 25th St Baltimore Maryland 21218CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 21 (410) 235-1611
- Davita Union Memorial Dialysis0.93 miles away201 East University Parkway Baltimore Maryland 21218Dialysis Stations: 27 (410) 554-4535
- Idf - Chestnut Square Dialysis Ctr1 miles away3303 Chestnut Ave Baltimore Maryland 21211Dialysis Stations: 21 (410) 366-5400
- Fresenius Kidney Care Broadway Street1.12 miles away1900 North Broadway Street Baltimore Maryland 21213Dialysis Stations: 26 (410) 467-0540
- Downtown Dialysis Center1.17 miles away821 N Eutaw St Ste 401 Baltimore Maryland 21201CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 31 (410) 383-3450
- Kidney Home Center, LLC1.34 miles away200 Saint Paul St., Ste. 5 Baltimore Maryland 21202Dialysis Stations: 4 (410) 244-5638