The Gables on Pelham Senior Living is located in Greenville, South Carolina. This nursing home turns out to be a solid facility, with an overall grade of C. You could definitely do worse than this place. One of the highlights of this nursing home's profile is its impressive inspection score, which is addressed in the next paragraph.
The Gables on Pelham Senior Living
- Nursing Home
- Independent Living
- Assisted Living
- Memory Care
Updated Apr 1, 2023 by Nick Reese
1306 Pelham Rd,
Greenville SC 29615
62% estimated occupancy 1
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
- Accepts Medicare 1
- No Medicaid 1
- Is CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- For profit - Limited Liability company
- Secure Memory Care
- Offers Hospice
- Offers Post-Acute Care
- Offers Respite Care
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Personal Care
- Medication Management
- Home Making
- Speech Therapy
- Stroke Recovery
- IV Antibiotic Therapy
- Wound Care
- Occupational Therapy
- Cardiac Therapy
- Diabetes Management
- Physical Therapy
- Respiratory Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
- Recreational Therapy
- Pain Management
- Colostomy Care
- Orthopedic Rehabilitation
- Catheter Care
- Total Parenteral Nutrition
Top Nursing Home in South Carolina Awards 2020
Registered Staff Hours
In addition to being a respectable nursing home overall, this facility also excelled in the category of inspections, where it earned a grade of A-. Few facilities performed better in this area. Arguably the most important factor we look at in determining our inspection grades is deficiencies. These deficiencies can be found on a facility's inspection reports. Facilities with higher grades in this area typically dodged the more severe deficiencies involving things like patient abuse. This particular nursing home had just a single deficiency on its inspection report, which is still very impressive. Overall, this place had a pretty strong inspection report.
Short-term Care Quality
This nursing home's short-term care grade turns out to be one of its better grades. The nursing home was given a grade of B- in this area. Short-term care scores are based on the facility's quantity of highly-skilled highly skilled professionals. This includes a broad scope of services, spanning from registered nurses to physical and occupational therapists, not to mention other variations of therapy. Unfortunately, we found that this place provided fewer physical therapist and registered nurse hours per resident than most other nursing homes. The final measure we considered in this category is the percentage of residents that eventually returned home from the nursing home. We found that just 6.5 percent of this facility's residents returned home.
Does this page answer your questions about The Gables on Pelham Senior Living?
Long-term Care Quality
This nursing home's next best area is long-term care. We awarded it a C in this area. This is essentially a slightly below average score in this area. Our long-term care grade is generally used to measure a nursing home's performance as a traditional convalescent home, as opposed to focusing on the skilled nursing services provided by a skilled nursing facility. One of the criteria we considered in addition to nurse's aid hours is vaccines. Thankfully, this facility provided the pneumonia vaccination to 98.52941 percent of its residents. This place keeps its patients out of the hospital. It had only 0.02 hospitalizations per 1,000 long-term resident days, which is a remarkably low number.
This nursing home's weakest category is nursing, which is the last category we looked at. It received an F in this area. In spite of some respectable grades in other categories, this score is still alarming so we wanted to make a note of it. In computing a facility's nursing grade, we assess the amount of time nurses commit to residents as well as the levels of training of the nurses. This particular facility offered a meager 0.4 hours of nursing care per resident each day. This number is well below the national average. Finally, we also assessed some nursing quality-based metrics in determining our nursing grades. This nursing home performed well in the area of minimizing its residents' pressure ulcers and major falls.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
The Gables on Pelham Senior Living Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In The Gables on Pelham Senior Living, 9.93% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This metric indicates the percent of long-term residents which suffered from pressure ulcers or bed sores. We use this statistic in calculating our nursing grades.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In The Gables on Pelham Senior Living, 3.01% of Patients had Serious Falls
This indicates the percent of patients that have had a fall which caused major injury.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In The Gables on Pelham Senior Living, 2.75% of Patients had UTIs
This is the percentage of residents that suffered from a urinary tract infection. UTI's are routinely the result of nursing homes with worse hygiene protocols. Additional nurse staffing can minimize the number of UTI's sustained by residents in a nursing home. Note that this statistic is affected by by the fact that nursing homes have incongruent reporting standards for UTI's.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In The Gables on Pelham Senior Living, 14.27% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This datapoint measures the percentage of long-term stay residents that are administered antipsychotic drugs. Increased usage of these drugs may mean a nursing home is using these medications to subdue residents in situations where such medications aren't medically indicated. Nevertheless, some nursing homes may need to rely on these drugs due to having more residents with Alzheimer's or other dementias.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In The Gables on Pelham Senior Living, 20.84% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This statistic gauges the percent of long-term residents who were prescribed antianxiety drugs. These drugs are given to patients suffering from anxiety and depression.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In The Gables on Pelham Senior Living, 2.84% of Patients
This tells you the percent of residents who are showing depressive symptoms.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In The Gables on Pelham Senior Living, 88.7% of Patients
This datapoint is a measure of the percentage of long-term residents who received the pneumonia and flu vaccines. Respiratory viruses can be very dangerous for nursing home patients, making these vaccines critical to patient care.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In The Gables on Pelham Senior Living, 13.84% Percentage of Patients
This datapoint measures the percent of long-term stay residents who required additional assistance with activities of daily living over time. Activities of daily living include activities such as getting dressed and bathing.
In The Gables on Pelham Senior Living, 1.87 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
This datapoint measures the number of hospitalizations per thousand days of patient care. Minimizing hospitalizations is critical to maintaining the physical health of residents.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In The Gables on Pelham Senior Living, 12.8 Percentage of Patients
This indicates the number of times residents are sent to the emergency room per 1,000 days of short-term patient care. There is generally a correlation between having fewer emergency room visits and the overall quality of nursing home care.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In The Gables on Pelham Senior Living, 73.59% Percentage of Resident
This tells you the percentage of short-term care patients that experienced functional improvements, such as with activities of daily living. Higher levels of autonomy with ADL's often correlates with better rehabilitation.
Scores for Greenville, SC
- Overall Rating has a grade of B-plus
- Nurse Rating has a grade of B-plus
- Long-term Care Rating has a grade of B-plus
- Short-term Care Rating has a grade of A-minus
- Inspection Rating has a grade of A-minus
Looking for more options? Greenville, South Carolina has 4 other nursing homes
- Prisma Health Greenville Memorial HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 2.02 miles away905 Verdae Blvd Suite 102 Greenville South Carolina 29605Voluntary non-profit - Private(864) 455-7000
- Pelham Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 5.12 miles away250 Westmoreland Road Greer South Carolina 29651Government - Hospital District or Authority(864) 560-6554
- Prisma Health Greer Memorial HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 5.77 miles away830 South Buncombe Road Greer South Carolina 29650Voluntary non-profit - Private(864) 848-8200
- Prisma Health Hillcrest HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 10.1 miles away741 South East Main Street Simpsonville South Carolina 29681Voluntary non-profit - Private(864) 454-6100
- Prisma Health Baptist Easley HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 17.04 miles away200 Fleetwood Drive Easley South Carolina 29640Voluntary non-profit - Private(864) 442-7606
- Greer South Dialysis4.64 miles away3254 Brushy Creek Road Greer South Carolina 29650CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 21 (864) 801-2065
- Usrc Mauldin LLC5.39 miles away1328 Highway 14 Simpsonville South Carolina 29681Dialysis Stations: 12 (864) 881-4015
- Dsi Home Dialysis Pleasantburg5.55 miles away110 Chalmers Road, Suite D Greenville South Carolina 29605Dialysis Stations: 3 (864) 558-2375
- Dsi Pleasantburg Dialysis5.55 miles away110 Chalmers Dr Ste C Greenville South Carolina 29605CMS Rating: 5 stars Dialysis Stations: 16 (864) 558-2365
- Rcg Greenville Dialysis Center5.66 miles away297 Pete Hollis Blvd. Greenville South Carolina 29601CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 21 (864) 232-9456
- Greenville Dialysis Clinic, LLC5.68 miles away220-a Howe Street Greenville South Carolina 29601Dialysis Stations: 20 (864) 271-2002
- Upstate Dialysis Center6.08 miles away308 Mills Ave Greenville South Carolina 29605CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 52 (864) 271-3700
- Greer Kidney Center Inc6.74 miles away14152 East Wade Hampton Blvd Greer South Carolina 29651Dialysis Stations: 28 (864) 877-4432