Eastpointe Rehab Center is a large nursing home in Chelsea, Massachusetts. With an overall score of B-, this is likely a solid facility. Based on our ratings, there are certainly much worse facilities out there. You also may want to review this nursing home's category grades below. We discuss long-term care in the next paragraph.
Eastpointe Rehab Center
- Nursing Home
- Assisted Living
Updated Jun 1, 2022 by Nick Lata
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- For profit - Limited Liability company
- Offers Hospice
- Offers Respite Care
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Speech Therapy
- Stroke Recovery
- Occupational Therapy
- Physical Therapy
- Respiratory Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
- Orthopedic Rehabilitation
Registered Staff Hours
Long-term Care Quality
This nursing home earned a long-term care score which is better than its overall score. We awarded this facility a B+ in this area. For prospective patients in need of a permanent place to live as opposed to rehabilitation, long-term care grades are very important. After we finished assessing the volume of care provided by nurses, we then analyzed the facility's vaccination record. This facility vaccinated 87.30512 percent of its patients against pneumonia. Although its vaccination rate was a bit lower than we hoped for, at least this place was able to limit hospitalizations. It had only 0.01 hospitalizations per one thousand long-term resident days, which is an impressively low number.
Short-term Care Quality
This nursing home also was awarded a favorable short-term care score. As a matter of fact, we awarded them a grade of B in that area, which is one of our more favorable scores. Short-term care scores are based in part on a nursing home's quantity of skilled nursing services. This means a wide spectrum of services, spanning from registered nurses to physical and occupational therapists, in addition to other forms of therapy. We weren't able to track down information on registered nurse or physical therapy staffing for this nursing home. Lastly, we assessed the number of patients who were able to return to the community from this facility. We found that 6.2 percent of this facility's residents returned home.
Does this page answer your questions about Eastpointe Rehab Center?
We also awarded this nursing home a grade of B- for our inspections rating. This is a very respectable nursing score. These inspection grades take several factors into consideration, including deficiencies and federal fines. You can learn more about each of these factors by obtaining copies of nursing homes' inspection reports. Although this nursing home had a few deficiencies on its inspection report, none of them were severe based on CMS' deficiency scale. Finally, this facility had no substantiated complaints this year from residents, which is an excellent sign.
Turning to our final category, this facility was awarded an acceptable nursing score of C. Nursing scores are mostly associated with the facility's nurse staffing. This nursing home provided just 0.3 hours of nursing care per patient daily. This is a relatively low total compared to most nursing homes. Lastly, despite not having the highest total nursing hours per resident, this place performed admirably in the metric of preventing major falls. This is generally a good indicator that a facility has sufficient quality controls in place.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Eastpointe Rehab Center Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Eastpointe Rehab Center, 6.44% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This metric tells you the percent of long-term stay patients that developed pressure ulcers. We've found that pressure ulcers are an measure of the quality of nursing care a facility provides.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Eastpointe Rehab Center, 3.62% of Patients had Serious Falls
This tells you the percent of patients who have had a major fall. Falls leading to severe injury are considered by many in the nursing home industry to be a barometer of the quality of nursing care . Falls are routinely the result of lower quality nursing care.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Eastpointe Rehab Center, 2.45% of Patients had UTIs
This indicates the percent of residents who sustained a urinary tract infection. UTI's are routinely associated with poor nursing care. More frequent bathing reduces the number likelihood of residents sustaining infections. We want to point out that this statistic is affected by by the fact that nursing homes have varying reporting standards for infections.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Eastpointe Rehab Center, 18.96% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This datapoint gauges the percent of long-term stay patients that are prescribed antipsychotic drugs. Excessive reliance on these medications may suggest that a facility is using these medications to control patient behavior in situations where such drugs aren't medically required. However, some facilities may need to rely more on these drugs due to having more residents suffering from cognitive disorders.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Eastpointe Rehab Center, 18.8% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This is an indication of the percent of long-term care patients who are prescribed antianxiety medication. These medications are commonly given to residents suffering from anxiety and depression.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Eastpointe Rehab Center, 1.95% of Patients
This indicates the percent of residents showing signs of depression.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Eastpointe Rehab Center, 91.63% of Patients
This indicates the percentage of residents who were given the pneumonia and flu vaccines. High vaccination rates should be the norm at this point.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Eastpointe Rehab Center, 15.18% Percentage of Patients
This datapoint measures the percent of long-term care residents who required additional assistance with activities of daily living over time. ADL's include activities such as getting dressed and bathing. Some experts argue that this is a measure of a patient's well-being.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Eastpointe Rehab Center, 19.01% Percentage of Residents
This metric measures the percent of long-term patients that remained mobile levels.
In Eastpointe Rehab Center, 1.24 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
This metric measures the number of hospitalizations per 1,000 days of patient care. Keeping residents out of the hospital is key to preserving the physical health of nursing home patients.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Eastpointe Rehab Center, 19.01 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This metric measures the number of rehospitalizations per thousand days of short-term care. Keeping residents out of the hospital during rehabilitation is important to restoring the physical well-being of residents.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Eastpointe Rehab Center, 10.9 Percentage of Patients
This tells you the number of times residents are sent to the emergency room per 1,000 days of short-term patient care. There is generally a correlation between keeping patients out of the emergency room and the quality of rehabilitation.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Eastpointe Rehab Center, 71.03% Percentage of Resident
This metric measures the percent of short-term stay patients who experienced functional improvements.
Scores for Chelsea, MA
- Overall Rating has a grade of B
- Nurse Rating has a grade of B
- Long-term Care Rating has a grade of B-plus
- Short-term Care Rating has a grade of B-plus
- Inspection Rating has a grade of B-plus
Looking for more options? Chelsea, Massachusetts has 3 other nursing homes
- Massachusetts General HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 2.82 miles away55 Fruit Street Boston Massachusetts 02114Voluntary non-profit - Private(617) 726-2000
- Massachusetts Eye and Ear Infirmary -Acute Care Hospitals 2.87 miles away243 Charles Street Boston Massachusetts 02114Voluntary non-profit - Private(617) 523-7900
- Tufts Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 3.33 miles away800 Washington Street Boston Massachusetts 02111Voluntary non-profit - Private(617) 636-5000
- Cambridge Health AllianceAcute Care Hospitals 4.07 miles away1493 Cambridge Street Cambridge Massachusetts 02138Government - Local(617) 665-2300
- Boston Medical Center Corporation-Acute Care Hospitals 4.5 miles away1 Boston Medical Center Place Boston Massachusetts 02118Voluntary non-profit - Private(617) 638-8000
- Beth Israel Deaconess Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 5.24 miles away330 Brookline Avenue Boston Massachusetts 02215Voluntary non-profit - Private(617) 667-7000
- Melrosewakefield HealthcareAcute Care Hospitals 5.32 miles away585 Lebanon Street Melrose Massachusetts 02176Voluntary non-profit - Private(781) 979-3000
- Boston Children's HospitalChildrens 5.35 miles away300 Longwood Avenue Boston Massachusetts 02115Voluntary non-profit - Private(617) 735-6000
- Massachusetts General Hospital2.53 miles awayDialysis Unit 55 Fruit St, Bigelow 10 Boston Massachusetts 02114Dialysis Stations: 11 (617) 726-3700
- Dialysis Clinic, Inc. (Dci Boston)3.22 miles away35 Kneeland Street 5th Floor Boston Massachusetts 02111CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 21 (617) 636-6389
- Medford Dialysis Center (Bma Medford)3.69 miles away305 Mystic Avenue Medford Massachusetts 02155CMS Rating: 2 stars Dialysis Stations: 23 (781) 396-9282
- Davita Boston Dialysis4.21 miles awayDialysis Unit 660 Harrison Avenue Boston Massachusetts 02118CMS Rating: 2 stars Dialysis Stations: 37 (617) 859-7000
- Dci Ball Square4.27 miles away643 Broadway Somerville Massachusetts 02145CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 16 (617) 616-3600
- Davita Wellington Circle Dialysis Center4.5 miles away10 Cabot Road Suite 103b Medford Massachusetts 02155CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 17 (781) 306-9740
- Brigham and Women's Hospital4.7 miles awayDialysis Unit 75 Francis Street Boston Massachusetts 02115Dialysis Stations: 7 (617) 732-6130
- Children's Hospital Boston4.7 miles awayDialysis Unit, Farley Four 300 Longwood Avenue Boston Massachusetts 02115Dialysis Stations: 7 (617) 355-7631