Eastpointe Rehab Center is a large nursing home in Chelsea, Massachusetts. With an overall score of C, this is likely a solid facility. Based on our ratings, there are certainly much worse facilities out there. More information on this nursing home's category grades may be found below. Its best category was long-term care, which is discussed in the next section.
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
Eastpointe Rehab Center
- Nursing Home
- Assisted Living
Updated Apr 1, 2023 by Nick Lata
Get pricing and details on Chelsea senior living options.Get Pricing
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- For profit - Limited Liability company
- Offers Hospice
- Offers Respite Care
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Speech Therapy
- Stroke Recovery
- Occupational Therapy
- Physical Therapy
- Respiratory Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
- Orthopedic Rehabilitation
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
Registered Staff Hours
Long-term Care Quality
This place performed well in the area of long-term care, where it received an impressive grade of A. Few nursing homes fared better in this category. If not for this grade, this nursing home's overall score would have been worse. When nursing homes receive this kind of score in long-term care it is a good sign for resident care and indicates that the place is well-staffed with nurses and aids. In addition to looking at the amount of care provided by aids and other staff, we analyzed the percentage of residents vaccinated against pneumonia. This nursing home administered the vaccine to 94.47853 percent of its patients, which is an impressive figure. Pneumonia sadly can be a life or death condition for nursing home patients so we strongly prefer when a facility doesn't leave its residents vulnerable. Clearly, this nursing home is doing something right in this area as it was able to keep its patients out of the hospital. In fact, it had less than one hospitalization per one thousand long-term resident days, which is an impressively low figure.
We also awarded this nursing home a B- for our inspections rating. This is better than the facility's overall grade. Inspection scores account for several factors found on a facility's inspection reports. One key criteria we look at is the quantity and severity of deficiencies. While this facility had a few deficiencies on its report, none were severe based on CMS' scale. Finally, this facility had no substantiated complaints this year from residents, which is always a good sign.
Does this page answer your questions about Eastpointe Rehab Center?
This nursing home's nursing grade appears to be one of its better features. The facility received a grade of C in this category. We assessed the qualifications of nurses working for the facility, in addition to the quantity of time the nurses spent with patients, in calculating our score in this category. This particular facility provided just 0.3 hours of nursing care per patient on a daily basis. This figure is significantly below the national average. Despite having low quantities of nursing care, this nursing home actually fared better in some of the quality measures we assessed. In fact, it performed well in the area of avoiding pressure ulcers and major falls.
Short-term Care Quality
The next area we assessed is short-term care, which ended up being this nursing home's least impressive category. We gave it an abysmal F for this category, which is clearly concerning. In the category of short-term care, we endeavor to evaluate indicators of a facility's rehabilitation services. We look at the nursing home's skilled nursing services, such as those performed by registered nurses and various therapists. With its grade in this category, we weren't stunned to discover that this place is well below average in terms of its number of registered nurse and physical therapy hours offered to its residents based on the data we looked at. Finally, we assessed the percentage of patients who ultimately returned home from this facility. This facility didn't fare well here either. In fact, we found that just 4.9 percent of this facility's patients were able to return home.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Eastpointe Rehab Center Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Eastpointe Rehab Center, 5.03% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This figure measures the percentage of long-term residents who suffered from pressure ulcers. We find that pressure ulcers are an indicator of nursing care quality.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Eastpointe Rehab Center, 3.68% of Patients had Serious Falls
This datapoint is a measure of the percent of long-term stay patients who have had a fall which caused major injury. Falls can happen for a variety of reasons, but high rates of falls resulting in injuries may be a sign of lower levels of patient supervision.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Eastpointe Rehab Center, 4.32% of Patients had UTIs
This is the percentage of residents that have had a urinary tract infection. These infections could be linked to poor hygiene.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Eastpointe Rehab Center, 21.32% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This tells you the percent of residents prescribed antipsychotic drugs. Antipsychotic medications are administered to residents for many medical conditions, such as dementia. Unfortunately, in limited situations, increased usage of these drugs may mean that a nursing home is using these medications to subdue residents.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Eastpointe Rehab Center, 11.21% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This indicates the percentage of patients who were given antianxiety medications. These medications are commonly prescribed to residents experiencing depression and anxiety.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Eastpointe Rehab Center, 0% of Patients
This is the percentage of patients who are exhibiting depressive symptoms. Higher rates of depression could be an indicator a less hospitable environment.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Eastpointe Rehab Center, 86.29% of Patients
This tells you the percentage of patients that have received the flu and pneumonia vaccines. Higher vaccination rates should be standard at this point.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Eastpointe Rehab Center, 12.22% of Patients
This indicates the percent of residents who required increased assistance with activities of daily living over time.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Eastpointe Rehab Center, 8.59% of Residents
This metric tracks the percentage of long-term stay residents who retained mobility levels. Some experts believe that the ability to move around is important for patients physical and mental health.
In Eastpointe Rehab Center, 0.03 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
This metric tracks the number of times residents are hospitalized per thousand days of patient care. Minimizing hospitalizations is important to preserving the physical well-being of patients.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Eastpointe Rehab Center, 8.59% of Residents Rehospitalized
This tells you the number of times residents are rehospitalized per 1,000 days of short-term care. There is generally a correlation between avoiding hospitalizations and a nursing home's quality of short-term rehabilitation.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Eastpointe Rehab Center, 6.3% of Patients
This metric measures the number of emergency room visits per thousand days of short-term patient care.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Eastpointe Rehab Center, 80.83% of Resident
This is a measure of the percent of short-term stay patients who experienced functional improvements, such as enhanced ability to perform activities of daily living. Some experts would argue that this is a reasonable measure of a nursing home's rehabilitation performance.
- Massachusetts General HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 2.82 miles away55 Fruit Street Boston Massachusetts 02114Voluntary non-profit - Private(617) 726-2000
- Massachusetts Eye and Ear Infirmary -Acute Care Hospitals 2.87 miles away243 Charles Street Boston Massachusetts 02114Voluntary non-profit - Private(617) 523-7900
- Tufts Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 3.33 miles away800 Washington Street Boston Massachusetts 02111Voluntary non-profit - Private(617) 636-5000
- Cambridge Health AllianceAcute Care Hospitals 4.07 miles away1493 Cambridge Street Cambridge Massachusetts 02138Government - Local(617) 665-2300
- Boston Medical Center Corporation-Acute Care Hospitals 4.5 miles away1 Boston Medical Center Place Boston Massachusetts 02118Voluntary non-profit - Private(617) 638-8000
- Beth Israel Deaconess Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 5.24 miles away330 Brookline Avenue Boston Massachusetts 02215Voluntary non-profit - Private(617) 667-7000
- Melrosewakefield HealthcareAcute Care Hospitals 5.32 miles away585 Lebanon Street Melrose Massachusetts 02176Voluntary non-profit - Private(781) 979-3000
- Boston Children's HospitalChildrens 5.35 miles away300 Longwood Avenue Boston Massachusetts 02115Voluntary non-profit - Private(617) 735-6000
- Massachusetts General Hospital2.53 miles awayDialysis Unit 55 Fruit St, Bigelow 10 Boston Massachusetts 02114Dialysis Stations: 11 (617) 726-3700
- Dialysis Clinic, Inc. (Dci Boston)3.22 miles away35 Kneeland Street 5th Floor Boston Massachusetts 02111CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 21 (617) 636-6389
- Medford Dialysis Center (Bma Medford)3.69 miles away305 Mystic Avenue Medford Massachusetts 02155CMS Rating: 2 stars Dialysis Stations: 23 (781) 396-9282
- Davita Boston Dialysis4.21 miles awayDialysis Unit 660 Harrison Avenue Boston Massachusetts 02118CMS Rating: 2 stars Dialysis Stations: 37 (617) 859-7000
- Dci Ball Square4.27 miles away643 Broadway Somerville Massachusetts 02145CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 16 (617) 616-3600
- Davita Wellington Circle Dialysis Center4.5 miles away10 Cabot Road Suite 103b Medford Massachusetts 02155CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 17 (781) 306-9740
- Brigham and Women's Hospital4.7 miles awayDialysis Unit 75 Francis Street Boston Massachusetts 02115Dialysis Stations: 7 (617) 732-6130
- Children's Hospital Boston4.7 miles awayDialysis Unit, Farley Four 300 Longwood Avenue Boston Massachusetts 02115Dialysis Stations: 7 (617) 355-7631