Dycora Transitional Health - Quail Lake is an average-sized facility located in Stockton, California. This is a lower end nursing home, with an overall grade of D. If you are not happy with this facility's relatively poor overall grade, you will be pleased to know there are six other nursing homes in Stockton. We would not blame you if you are ready to stop reading and find another facility. However, if you want to learn more about this place's category grades, short-term care grades are discussed in the next paragraph.
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
Dycora Transitional Health - Quail Lake
- Nursing Home
Updated Apr 1, 2023 by Nick Lata
Get pricing and details on Stockton senior living options.Get Pricing
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- Has Family Council
- For profit - Corporation
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
Registered Staff Hours
Short-term Care Quality
This facility actually earned a respectable grade in our short-term care rating. We awarded it a grade of B- for that category. Our short-term care scores are thought to be most important for folks needing rehabilitation services. Rehabilitation typically mandates more skilled nursing services. Skilled nursing includes not only nursing, but also physical and respiratory therapy, as well as other variations of therapy. Unfortunately, we found that this nursing home provided fewer physical therapist and registered nurse hours per resident than most other nursing homes. The tricky part is determining what bearing this had on the quality of care. The final statistic we considered in this area is the number of patients who were able to leave the facility and return home. We discovered that just 5.8 percent of this facility's residents were able to return home, which is actually below average.
We awarded this facility a C for our inspections rating. We take several aspects of a facility's inspection report into consideration in determining our inspection grades. One of those factors is health deficiencies. You should keep in mind that the severity of deficiencies is usually more meaningful than the quantity of deficiencies, as some deficiencies end up being quite insignificant. This facility was assessed 7 deficiencies on its inspection report, but none were in categories G through L. This means that this facility dodged the more serious classes of deficiencies. Finally, we do need to note that this place has received some government fines recently. Fortunately these were not on the high end as government fines go. Nevertheless, this is still not what we want to find.
Does this page answer your questions about Dycora Transitional Health - Quail Lake?
This nursing home actually received a decent grade in the area of nursing as well. We awarded it a grade of C for that category, which is not a bad score. Our nursing score assesses quite a few components, many of which are associated with quantities of nurse staffing. This facility provided just 0.4 hours of nursing care per resident per day. This is a relatively low total compared to most other facilities. Despite having low quantities of nursing care, this nursing home actually fared better in some of the quality measures we assessed. It performed well in the area of avoiding major falls and pressure ulcers. We consider these areas to be reliable measures of the quality of nursing care. In many cases, the quality of nursing care is just as important as the quantity of hours of care provided.
Long-term Care Quality
The next category we graded is long-term care, which is this facility's least impressive area. We awarded this nursing home a D in this area. For patients in need of a permanent place to live as opposed to skilled nursing, long-term care is an important category. After we finished looking at the amount of nursing care, we then analyzed the nursing home's vaccination statistics. We were optimistic to learn that this nursing home vaccinated 95.19231 percent of its residents against pneumonia. Surprisingly, this place also fared well at keeping its patients out of the hospital. In fact, it had only 0.02 hospitalizations per one thousand long-term resident days. Unfortunately, some of its other scores in this category were not as favorable as these.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Dycora Transitional Health - Quail Lake Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Dycora Transitional Health - Quail Lake, 7.79% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This indicates the percentage of residents who suffered from a pressure ulcer. Pressure ulcers, also known as bed sores, are routinely the result of residents staying in one position for too long. Better nursing care reduces the number of pressure ulcers sustained by residents in a nursing home.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Dycora Transitional Health - Quail Lake, 1.84% of Patients had Serious Falls
This is the percent of patients that suffered from a major fall. Falls leading to severe injuries are considered to be a measure of the quality of nursing care at a nursing home. Major falls leading to injury are routinely caused by lower quality nursing care.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Dycora Transitional Health - Quail Lake, 1.34% of Patients had UTIs
This tells you the percent of residents who suffered from a urinary tract infection. Urinary tract infections are often caused by worse hygiene protocols. More frequent bathing can minimize the number likelihood of residents sustaining infections. We want to point out that this metric is affected by by the fact that nursing homes have different reporting standards for these infections.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Dycora Transitional Health - Quail Lake, 10.3% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This statistic indicates the percent of long-term stay residents receiving antipsychotic medications. While antipsychotic drugs play an important role in caring for many residents, it is important to confirm these medications are being used only where medically required. In limited situations, excessive reliance on these medications may indicate a facility is using these medications to subdue residents.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Dycora Transitional Health - Quail Lake, 13.84% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This indicates the percent of residents who were prescribed antianxiety drugs. Antianxiety medications are given to patients experiencing anxiety or depression.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Dycora Transitional Health - Quail Lake, 5.83% of Patients
This is the percent of residents showing symptoms of depression. Higher rates of depression may reveal a less hospitable environment.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Dycora Transitional Health - Quail Lake, 95.65% of Patients
This is the percent of residents that received the flu and pneumonia vaccines. High vaccination rates should be standard at this point.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Dycora Transitional Health - Quail Lake, 8.26% Percentage of Patients
Measures the percent of long-term patients who required increased assistance with activities of daily living over time. ADL's include activities such as taking medications and bathing.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Dycora Transitional Health - Quail Lake, 10.41% Percentage of Residents
This indicates the percentage of residents that were able to retain mobility over time. Preserving mobility is usually a good sign for residents' well-being.
In Dycora Transitional Health - Quail Lake, 1.78 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
This metric tracks the number of times residents are hospitalized per 1,000 days of patient care.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Dycora Transitional Health - Quail Lake, 10.41 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
Measures the number of rehospitalizations per 1,000 days of short-term care.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Dycora Transitional Health - Quail Lake, 11.34 Percentage of Patients
This metric measures the number of times residents are sent to the emergency room per 1,000 days of short-term patient care. Avoiding emergency medical situations is one way to measure the well-being of patients during rehabilitation.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Dycora Transitional Health - Quail Lake, 79.12% Percentage of Resident
This tells you the percent of short-term care residents that saw functional improvements, such as with activities of daily living.
Scores for Stockton, CA
- Overall Rating has a grade of B-minus
- Nurse Rating has a grade of B
- Long-term Care Rating has a grade of B-minus
- Short-term Care Rating has a grade of B
- Inspection Rating has a grade of B
Looking for more options? Stockton, California has 6 other nursing homes
- St Joseph's Medical Center of StocktonAcute Care Hospitals 2.02 miles away1800 N California St Stockton California 95204Voluntary non-profit - Private(209) 943-2000
- Dameron HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 2.08 miles away525 West Acacia Street Stockton California 95203Voluntary non-profit - Other(209) 944-5550
- San Joaquin General HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 7.31 miles away500 W Hospital Road French Camp California 95231Government - Local(209) 468-6000
- Kaiser Foundation Hospital MantecaAcute Care Hospitals 13.83 miles away1777 West Yosemite Ave Manteca California 95337Voluntary non-profit - Private(209) 825-3700
- Doctors Hospital of MantecaAcute Care Hospitals 14.64 miles away1205 E North Street Manteca California 95336Voluntary non-profit - Other(209) 823-3111
- Sutter Tracy Community HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 17.85 miles away1420 North Tracy Blvd Tracy California 95376Voluntary non-profit - Private(209) 835-1500
- Rai West March1.66 miles away3115 West March Lane Suite A Stockton California 95219CMS Rating: 2 stars Dialysis Stations: 36 (209) 955-7527
- Delta Sierra Dialysis Center1.77 miles away555 West Benjamin Holt Drive #200 Stockton California 95207CMS Rating: 5 stars Dialysis Stations: 12 (209) 473-2294
- Rai North California1.83 miles away2350 N California Street Stockton California 95204Dialysis Stations: 15 (209) 943-0854
- Stockton Kidney Clinic1.95 miles away1523 East March Lane Suite 200 Stockton California 95210CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 20 (209) 472-3300
- Satellite Dialysis of Stockton2.08 miles away1801 East March Lane Suite a100 Stockton California 95210CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 25 (209) 473-6890
- Satellite Dialysis Stockton - University Park2.21 miles away590 E Harding Way Stockton California 95204CMS Rating: 5 stars Dialysis Stations: 25 (209) 774-5800
- Port City Dialysis Center3.85 miles away1810 S. Fresno Ave. Stockton California 95206Dialysis Stations: 24 (209) 946-0738
- San Joaquin General Hospital7.66 miles away7783 South Freedom Road French Camp California 95231CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 24 (209) 468-6085