Dycora Transitional Health - Quail Lake is an average-sized facility located in Stockton, California. This facility was given an overall grade of F. Fortunately, this nursing home is one of 14 nursing homes in this city so if you aren't impressed, you should have better options. More information on this facility's category grades is available below. Its best category was short-term care, which is discussed in the next section.
Dycora Transitional Health - Quail Lake
- Nursing Home
Updated Sep 1, 2022 by Nick Lata
Registered Staff Hours
Short-term Care Quality
Even though we graded this facility incredibly poorly overall, it received a fairly respectable short-term care rating this year. We gave it a C in that category, which was the closest thing to a bright spot we found for this nursing home. In calculating our short-term care scores, we look at the nursing home's levels of highly skilled nursing services, which includes registered nurses, physical therapists occupational therapists and other types of therapists. This area is typically a solid measure of the nursing home's rehabilitation. Unfortunately, we found that this facility provided fewer registered nurse and physical therapist hours per resident than most other facilities. Finally, we assessed the percentage of residents who eventually returned home from this facility. We found that 5.8 percent of this facility's patients were able to return home. This figure was quite a bit below average.
This facility really didn't perform horribly in the area of inspections. In fact, we awarded it a C for that category. Other categories turned out to be the source of its rock bottom overall grade. We take several aspects of a facility's inspection report into consideration in computing our inspection ratings. One critical factor is deficiencies. You should keep in mind that the severity of the deficiencies is usually more meaningful than the number of deficiencies, as some are relatively insignificant. This place had 7 deficiencies on its inspection report, but fortunately none were in categories G through L. This tells you that this facility avoided the more serious categories of deficiencies. Lastly, we would like to point out that this place was assessed government fines recently. Fortunately these fines were not on the high end as government fines go. However, this isn't what you like to find.
Does this page answer your questions about Dycora Transitional Health - Quail Lake?
Long-term Care Quality
This facility's second lowest category was long-term care, where it received a grade of just D in that category. This is a relatively poor grade. When nursing homes receive this kind of grade in long-term care it is a bad sign for resident care and it may mean that the facility is not as well-staffed with nurses and aids. After considering the amount of care provided by nurses, we turned to the nursing home's vaccination data. This nursing home vaccinated 93.25843 percent of its residents for pneumonia. To our surprise, this place was actually able to limit hospitalizations. With just 0.02 hospitalizations per 1,000 long-term resident days, this nursing home had less hospitalizations than many nursing homes. This was its best feature in this category.
This facility's weakest area was nursing, which is the final category we looked at. In this area, we awarded this facility a grade of just D. In computing a facility's nursing grade, we consider the number of hours nurses are caring for residents as well as the level of skill of the nurses. This nursing home provides 0.3 hours of nursing care per resident per day. This is a much lower figure than we are used to seeing. Lastly, we also assessed some nursing quality-based metrics in calculating our nursing ratings. This nursing home performed well in the area of minimizing its residents' major falls and pressure ulcers.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Dycora Transitional Health - Quail Lake Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Dycora Transitional Health - Quail Lake, 7.45% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This indicates the percentage of patients who suffered from a pressure ulcer. Pressure ulcers, which are also referred to as bed sores, are routinely the result of residents staying in one position for too long. Better nursing care can limit the percentage of residents in a nursing home who sustain pressure ulcers.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Dycora Transitional Health - Quail Lake, 1.7% of Patients had Serious Falls
This tells you the percent of patients that sustained a major fall. Falls resulting in severe injury are often linked to lower quality nursing care. Closer supervision reduces the percentage of residents in a nursing home who sustain major falls.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Dycora Transitional Health - Quail Lake, 1.24% of Patients had UTIs
This is the percentage of patients who sustained a urinary tract infection. These infections could be linked to poor hygiene.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Dycora Transitional Health - Quail Lake, 10.1% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This statistic is a measure of the percentage of long-term care patients who are administered antipsychotic medication. Increased usage of these drugs may indicate that a facility is using these medications to subdue residents in situations where such medications aren't medically required. Nevertheless, some facilities need to rely on these drugs due to having more patients suffering from Alzheimer's or other dementias.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Dycora Transitional Health - Quail Lake, 13.85% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This indicates the percent of residents who were prescribed antianxiety drugs. Antianxiety medications are given to patients experiencing anxiety or depression.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Dycora Transitional Health - Quail Lake, 4.64% of Patients
This is the percent of residents showing symptoms of depression. Higher rates of depression may reveal a less hospitable environment.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Dycora Transitional Health - Quail Lake, 95.44% of Patients
This is the percent of residents that received the flu and pneumonia vaccines. High vaccination rates should be standard at this point.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Dycora Transitional Health - Quail Lake, 7.92% Percentage of Patients
Measures the percent of long-term patients who required increased assistance with activities of daily living over time. ADL's include activities such as taking medications and bathing.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Dycora Transitional Health - Quail Lake, 12.45% Percentage of Residents
This indicates the percentage of residents that were able to retain mobility over time. Preserving mobility is usually a good sign for residents' well-being.
In Dycora Transitional Health - Quail Lake, 1.61 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
This metric tracks the number of times residents are hospitalized per 1,000 days of patient care.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Dycora Transitional Health - Quail Lake, 12.45 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
Measures the number of rehospitalizations per 1,000 days of short-term care.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Dycora Transitional Health - Quail Lake, 9.83 Percentage of Patients
This metric measures the number of times residents are sent to the emergency room per 1,000 days of short-term patient care. Avoiding emergency medical situations is one way to measure the well-being of patients during rehabilitation.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Dycora Transitional Health - Quail Lake, 79.79% Percentage of Resident
This tells you the percent of short-term care residents that saw functional improvements, such as with activities of daily living.
Scores for Stockton, CA
- Overall Rating has a grade of B-minus
- Nurse Rating has a grade of B
- Long-term Care Rating has a grade of C
- Short-term Care Rating has a grade of B
- Inspection Rating has a grade of B-plus
Looking for more options? Stockton, California has 13 other nursing homes
- St Joseph's Medical Center of StocktonAcute Care Hospitals 2.02 miles away1800 N California St Stockton California 95204Voluntary non-profit - Private(209) 943-2000
- Dameron HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 2.08 miles away525 West Acacia Street Stockton California 95203Voluntary non-profit - Other(209) 944-5550
- San Joaquin General HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 7.31 miles away500 W Hospital Road French Camp California 95231Government - Local(209) 468-6000
- Kaiser Foundation Hospital MantecaAcute Care Hospitals 13.83 miles away1777 West Yosemite Ave Manteca California 95337Voluntary non-profit - Private(209) 825-3700
- Doctors Hospital of MantecaAcute Care Hospitals 14.64 miles away1205 E North Street Manteca California 95336Voluntary non-profit - Other(209) 823-3111
- Sutter Tracy Community HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 17.85 miles away1420 North Tracy Blvd Tracy California 95376Voluntary non-profit - Private(209) 835-1500
- Rai West March1.66 miles away3115 West March Lane Suite A Stockton California 95219CMS Rating: 2 stars Dialysis Stations: 36 (209) 955-7527
- Delta Sierra Dialysis Center1.77 miles away555 West Benjamin Holt Drive #200 Stockton California 95207CMS Rating: 5 stars Dialysis Stations: 12 (209) 473-2294
- Rai North California1.83 miles away2350 N California Street Stockton California 95204Dialysis Stations: 15 (209) 943-0854
- Stockton Kidney Clinic1.95 miles away1523 East March Lane Suite 200 Stockton California 95210CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 20 (209) 472-3300
- Satellite Dialysis of Stockton2.08 miles away1801 East March Lane Suite a100 Stockton California 95210CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 25 (209) 473-6890
- Satellite Dialysis Stockton - University Park2.21 miles away590 E Harding Way Stockton California 95204CMS Rating: 5 stars Dialysis Stations: 25 (209) 774-5800
- Port City Dialysis Center3.85 miles away1810 S. Fresno Ave. Stockton California 95206Dialysis Stations: 24 (209) 946-0738
- San Joaquin General Hospital7.66 miles away7783 South Freedom Road French Camp California 95231CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 24 (209) 468-6085