Crossroads Care Center of Milwaukee is one of several available nursing homes at your disposal in Milwaukee, Wisconsin. Featuring an overall grade of F, we consider this to be a lower end facility. This place is about as bad as it gets. We would not blame you if you are ready to stop reading and find another facility. However, if you want to learn more about this nursing home's category grades, we will discuss nursing in the next section.
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
Crossroads Care Center of Milwaukee
- Nursing Home
Updated Apr 1, 2023 by Nick Reese
Note: Crossroads Care Center of Milwaukee has been flagged for abuse in the past 12 months. We have capped this facility's overall grade accordingly.
Get pricing and details on Milwaukee senior living options.Get Pricing
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- No Resident Council
- No Family Council
- For profit - Limited Liability company
- Offers Hospice
- Offers Post-Acute Care
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Speech Therapy
- IV Antibiotic Therapy
- Wound Care
- Occupational Therapy
- Physical Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
- Recreational Therapy
- Total Parenteral Nutrition
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
Registered Staff Hours
Although we gave this facility an abysmal overall grade, we awarded it a grade of C for our nursing rating. Our nursing rating focuses on the nursing home's level of nurse staffing. We weigh both the levels of skill of those nurses as well as the quantity of hours spent with residents. This nursing home provides 0.3 hours of nursing care per resident per day. This is a much lower figure than we are used to seeing. Finally, nursing grades also consider quality-based measures, such as preventing major falls. Despite not having the highest total nursing hours, this place actually performed admirably in the metric of preventing major falls. This is usually a reliable indicator that a facility has quality controls in place. Many falls could be avoided if a facility supplies enough nurses to assist its patients.
Short-term Care Quality
This facility also didn't rate poorly in the category of short-term care. Indeed, we gave it a C for that category, which is among its better scores. Our short-term care grade is generally used to grade a facility's rehabilitation services. To offer good rehabilitation services, nursing homes generally need to feature higher levels of highly skilled nursing services. These types of services include registered nurses, physical therapists, speech therapists and other licensed professionals. In this place's case, we were surprised to learn that it actually provides less physical therapist and registered nurse hours per resident than a typical facility. The last metric we assessed in this category is the number of residents that who were able to eventually return home from the nursing home. We found that just 0 percent of this facility's residents returned home. This figure was below average.
Does this page answer your questions about Crossroads Care Center of Milwaukee?
Among this facility's alarming category grades was an F for its inspection grade. More often than not, this means we found some red flags on the facility's inspection reports. You should pay close attention to any deficiencies on a facility's inspection reports when it receives this bad of an inspection grade. We recommend you scrutinize the severity of the deficiencies. This particular nursing home was assessed 5 deficiencies by CMS. The only favorable thing we found is that none of the deficiencies were in the categories that suggest that they created a threat to resident health or safety. Finally, CMS cited this nursing home for possible abuse or neglect. Hopefully, its performance improves in the future, but until then we simply can't recommend this facility.
Long-term Care Quality
Moving on to our final category, this facility didn't perform well here either. With a rock bottom grade of F in long-term care, this is just about as bad as it gets. Long-term care grades in this range generally are a bad sign for the quantity and quality of care provided by nurses and aids. After assessing the amount of care provided by nurses and other staff, we turned to the facility's vaccination records. Candidly, we were a bit concerned this nursing home vaccinated 69.59708 percent of its patients for pneumonia, which is significantly below the national average. Surprisingly, this nursing home was actually decent at keeping its residents out of the hospital. It had just 0.02 hospitalizations per one thousand long-term resident days. This was its best feature in this category.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Crossroads Care Center of Milwaukee Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Crossroads Care Center of Milwaukee, 7.35% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This indicates the percentage of residents that suffered from a pressure ulcer. Pressure ulcers are considered to be a barometer of nursing care at a nursing home. Pressure ulcers, which are also known as bed sores, are routinely the result of patients staying in one position for too long.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Crossroads Care Center of Milwaukee, 3.21% of Patients had Serious Falls
This statistic indicates the percentage of long-term residents that sustained falls resulting in major injury. We use this statistic in determining nursing ratings.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Crossroads Care Center of Milwaukee, 3.13% of Patients had UTIs
This is the percent of patients who sustained a urinary tract infection. These infections are linked to poorer hygiene.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Crossroads Care Center of Milwaukee, 13.64% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This indicates the percentage of residents prescribed antipsychotic medications. These drugs are sometimes used for treating a variety of medical conditions, such as Alzheimer's or other dementias.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Crossroads Care Center of Milwaukee, 16.32% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This statistic gauges the percent of long-term care residents taking antianxiety medications.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Crossroads Care Center of Milwaukee, 5.98% of Patients
This datapoint is a measure of the percent of long-term stay residents showing symptoms of depression.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Crossroads Care Center of Milwaukee, 92.12% of Patients
This is a measure of the percentage of long-term stay patients that received the pneumonia and flu vaccines. Respiratory viruses can be very dangerous for nursing home patients, making these vaccines critical to patient care.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Crossroads Care Center of Milwaukee, 13.34% Percentage of Patients
This tells you the percentage of patients who needed additional assistance with activities of daily living over time. Higher levels of dependence on staff for assistance with activities of daily living could be a sign of erosion of a resident's health.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Crossroads Care Center of Milwaukee, 17.08% Percentage of Residents
This datapoint is a measure of the percentage of long-term stay residents who maintained mobility. Some believe that mobility is vital to patients well-being.
In Crossroads Care Center of Milwaukee, 1.28 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
This indicates the number of hospitalizations per 1,000 days of care.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Crossroads Care Center of Milwaukee, 17.08 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
Measures the number of times residents are rehospitalized per 1,000 days of short-term resident care. Minimizing rehospitalizations during rehabilitation is critical to restoring the health of residents.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Crossroads Care Center of Milwaukee, 14.13 Percentage of Patients
This tells you the number of times residents are sent to the emergency room per thousand days of short-term patient care.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Crossroads Care Center of Milwaukee, 76.01% Percentage of Resident
This indicates the percentage of short-term residents who saw functional improvements, such as with activities of daily living.
Scores for Milwaukee, WI
- Overall Rating has a grade of B-minus
- Nurse Rating has a grade of B
- Long-term Care Rating has a grade of D
- Short-term Care Rating has a grade of B-plus
- Inspection Rating has a grade of B-minus
Looking for more options? Milwaukee, Wisconsin has 13 other nursing homes
- Ascension Se Wisconsin Hospital - St Joseph CampusAcute Care Hospitals 2.27 miles away5000 W Chambers St Milwaukee Wisconsin 53210Voluntary non-profit - Church(414) 447-2130
- Childrens Hospital of WisconsinChildrens 3.56 miles away9000 W Wisconsin Ave Milwaukee Wisconsin 53226Voluntary non-profit - Other(414) 266-2000
- Froedtert Memorial Lutheran HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 3.68 miles away9200 W Wisconsin Ave Milwaukee Wisconsin 53226Voluntary non-profit - Private(414) 805-3000
- Milwaukee County Behavioral Health DivisionPsychiatric 3.85 miles away9455 W Watertown Plank Rd Milwaukee Wisconsin 53226Government - Local(414) 257-5202
- Aurora St Lukes Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 3.89 miles away2900 W Oklahoma Ave Milwaukee Wisconsin 53215Voluntary non-profit - Private(414) 649-6000
- Ascension Columbia St Mary's Hospital MilwaukeeAcute Care Hospitals 3.98 miles away2323 N Lake Dr Milwaukee Wisconsin 53211Voluntary non-profit - Church(414) 585-1374
- Ascension St Francis HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 4.23 miles away3237 S 16th St Milwaukee Wisconsin 53215Voluntary non-profit - Private(414) 647-5000
- Aurora West Allis Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 4.51 miles away8901 W Lincoln Ave Milwaukee Wisconsin 53227Voluntary non-profit - Private(414) 328-6000
- Davita - Wisconsin Ave0.58 miles away3801 W Wisconsin Ave Milwaukee Wisconsin 53208CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 24 (414) 937-8240
- Childrens Hospital of Wi2.02 miles awayDialysis Unit - Mail Station 604 9000 W Wisconsin Ave, Box 1997 Milwaukee Wisconsin 53201Dialysis Stations: 5 (414) 266-2840
- Wisconsin Renal Care Group, LLC2.19 miles away161 W Wisconsin Ave, Ste 1100 Milwaukee Wisconsin 53203CMS Rating: 2 stars Dialysis Stations: 29 (414) 224-7666
- Davita - Rivercenter Dr2.71 miles away117 N Jefferson St Milwaukee Wisconsin 53202CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 20 (414) 225-3740
- Davita - Humboldt Ridge3.02 miles away2211 N Humboldt Blvd Milwaukee Wisconsin 53212CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 24 (414) 336-7200
- Fresenius Medical Care Midwest Dialysis, LLC3.41 miles away4021 N 52nd St Milwaukee Wisconsin 53216CMS Rating: 2 stars Dialysis Stations: 17 (414) 873-3600
- Davita - Capitol Court Dialysis3.59 miles away4176 N 56th St Milwaukee Wisconsin 53216Dialysis Stations: 16 (414) 445-2119
- Fresenius Medical Care Midwest 27th Street Branch3.95 miles away3120 S 27th St Milwaukee Wisconsin 53215CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 16 (414) 643-1714