Crestwood Manor - 104 is a large nursing home located in Stockton, California. We gave this nursing home an overall grade of D. A score in this range generally suggests a few concerning datapoints. This wasn't the worse facility we looked at, however, we would still be very reluctant to recommend it. The best thing we can really say about this facility is that it did not receive any F's in any of the categories we assessed. Additional information about these categories is available below.
Crestwood Manor - 104
- Nursing Home
Updated Jun 1, 2022 by Nick Lata
Note: Crestwood Manor - 104 has been flagged for abuse in the past 12 months. We have capped this facility's overall grade accordingly.
- No Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- For profit - Corporation
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Personal Care
- Home Making
- Mental Health
- Nutritional Counseling
- Recreational Therapy
Registered Staff Hours
Although we gave this nursing home a bad overall grade, we actually gave it a somewhat respectable score in the category of inspections, where we gave it a B-. This was certainly better than its other category grades. We believe that one of the most critical factors in assessing an inspection report is deficiencies. In this regard, we especially focus on the severity of the deficiencies. This particular nursing home had just a single deficiency on its inspection report and it was not one deemed to pose a threat to patient health or safety. Lastly, this facility was flagged by CMS for possible abuse or neglect. We prefer to avoid facilities with this designation. Please do your best to find an alternative nursing home.
We also want to point out that this facility received a decent grade in our nursing category. We awarded it a grade of B- in the area. Our nursing score is primarily based on the nursing home's level of nurse staffing. This facility provides only 0.4 hours of nursing care per patient on a daily basis. This is a somewhat uninspiring figure which is well below the national average. Despite having low quantities of nursing care, this facility surprisingly excelled in some of the quality measures we assessed. In fact, it performed well when it comes to avoiding major falls and pressure ulcers.
Does this page answer your questions about Crestwood Manor - 104?
Short-term Care Quality
This facility's next best area ended up being its short-term care grade, where it received a B-. Short-term care grades are based in part on a nursing home's quantity of highly-skilled skilled healthcare professionals. This means a wide spectrum of services, ranging from registered nurses to physical and respiratory therapists, as well as other forms of therapy. Unfortunately, this nursing home was below average in terms of its quantity of registered nurse and physical therapy hours provided to its patients based on the measures we assessed. The real question is whether this also affected quality of care. Lastly, we considered the number of patients who were able to return to the community from this nursing home. We found that 0 percent of this facility's patients returned home. At most nursing homes, closer to half of their patients are able to return home so this figure is below average.
Long-term Care Quality
The next category we graded is long-term care. In that category, we gave this nursing home a grade of B-. Long-term care grades are important for individuals in need of non-healthcare services such as personal care. Once we looked at the volume of care provided by nurses aids and other staff, we turned to the nursing home's vaccination data. We were pleased to find that this nursing home vaccinated 100 percent of its residents against pneumonia. Finally, this place was also able to limit hospitalizations. Indeed, it had less than one hospitalization per 1,000 long-term resident days, which is a remarkably low figure.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Crestwood Manor - 104 Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Crestwood Manor - 104, 7.62% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This figure is a measure of the percent of long-term residents who suffer from new or worsened pressure ulcers . We use this statistic in calculating our nursing grades.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Crestwood Manor - 104, 1.67% of Patients had Serious Falls
This figure is an indication of the percent of long-term care patients which had a fall resulting in serious injury. Falls can arise for a variety of reasons, but high rates of falls resulting in injuries may be an indicator of lower quality nursing care.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Crestwood Manor - 104, 1.21% of Patients had UTIs
This is the percentage of patients that suffered from a urinary tract infection. UTI's are often associated with poor nursing care. More frequent bathing can minimize the percentage of residents in a nursing home who suffer from UTI's. Note that this statistic is sometimes skewed by the fact that nursing homes have different reporting standards for urinary tract infections.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Crestwood Manor - 104, 10.06% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This tells you the percentage of patients who were prescribed antipsychotic drugs. Antipsychotic medications are administered to patients for many conditions, including cognitive disorders. Sadly, in some cases, excessive reliance on these medications may indicate a facility is using these medications to subdue residents.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Crestwood Manor - 104, 13.91% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This figure tells you the percentage of long-term residents receiving antianxiety medications.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Crestwood Manor - 104, 4.33% of Patients
This metric measures the percentage of long-term stay residents exhibiting depressive symptoms. Some believe this is a reliable measure of quality of life.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Crestwood Manor - 104, 95.72% of Patients
This datapoint measures the percentage of long-term care residents that received the flu and pneumonia vaccines.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Crestwood Manor - 104, 8.37% Percentage of Patients
This indicates the percentage of patients who needed more assistance with activities of daily living over time. Higher levels of needing for assistance with activities of daily living could be a sign of decline of a resident's well-being.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Crestwood Manor - 104, 14.05% Percentage of Residents
This indicates the percentage of patients that retained mobility levels over time. Retaining mobility is often a great sign for residents' well-being.
In Crestwood Manor - 104, 1.49 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
This indicates the number of hospitalizations per thousand days of care.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Crestwood Manor - 104, 14.05 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This indicates the number of times residents are rehospitalized per thousand days of short-term care.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Crestwood Manor - 104, 9.85 Percentage of Patients
This is the number of times residents are sent to the emergency room per thousand days of short-term care. There is a correlation between having fewer emergency room visits and the overall quality of rehabilitation.
Scores for Stockton, CA
- Overall Rating has a grade of B-minus
- Nurse Rating has a grade of B
- Long-term Care Rating has a grade of C
- Short-term Care Rating has a grade of B
- Inspection Rating has a grade of B
Looking for more options? Stockton, California has 13 other nursing homes
- St Joseph's Medical Center of StocktonAcute Care Hospitals 2.08 miles away1800 N California St Stockton California 95204Voluntary non-profit - Private(209) 943-2000
- Dameron HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 2.18 miles away525 West Acacia Street Stockton California 95203Voluntary non-profit - Other(209) 944-5550
- San Joaquin General HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 7.41 miles away500 W Hospital Road French Camp California 95231Government - Local(209) 468-6000
- Kaiser Foundation Hospital MantecaAcute Care Hospitals 13.94 miles away1777 West Yosemite Ave Manteca California 95337Voluntary non-profit - Private(209) 825-3700
- Doctors Hospital of MantecaAcute Care Hospitals 14.74 miles away1205 E North Street Manteca California 95336Voluntary non-profit - Other(209) 823-3111
- Sutter Tracy Community HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 17.96 miles away1420 North Tracy Blvd Tracy California 95376Voluntary non-profit - Private(209) 835-1500
- Delta Sierra Dialysis Center1.66 miles away555 West Benjamin Holt Drive #200 Stockton California 95207CMS Rating: 5 stars Dialysis Stations: 12 (209) 473-2294
- Rai West March1.67 miles away3115 West March Lane Suite A Stockton California 95219CMS Rating: 2 stars Dialysis Stations: 36 (209) 955-7527
- Rai North California1.88 miles away2350 N California Street Stockton California 95204Dialysis Stations: 15 (209) 943-0854
- Stockton Kidney Clinic1.88 miles away1523 East March Lane Suite 200 Stockton California 95210CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 20 (209) 472-3300
- Satellite Dialysis of Stockton2.02 miles away1801 East March Lane Suite a100 Stockton California 95210CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 25 (209) 473-6890
- Satellite Dialysis Stockton - University Park2.28 miles away590 E Harding Way Stockton California 95204CMS Rating: 5 stars Dialysis Stations: 25 (209) 774-5800
- Port City Dialysis Center3.97 miles away1810 S. Fresno Ave. Stockton California 95206Dialysis Stations: 24 (209) 946-0738
- San Joaquin General Hospital7.77 miles away7783 South Freedom Road French Camp California 95231CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 24 (209) 468-6085