Majestic Care of Jefferson Pointe is a facility in Fort Wayne, Indiana which has 305,409 people. We gave this nursing home an F, which is really a bottom of the barrel score in our grading scheme. Fortunately, this nursing home is one of 12 nursing homes in this city so if you aren't impressed, you should have better options. We would not blame you if you are ready to stop reading and find another facility. However, if you want to learn more about this nursing home's category grades, inspection grades are discussed in the next paragraph.
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
Majestic Care of Jefferson Pointe
- Nursing Home
- Memory Care
Updated Apr 1, 2023 by Nick Lata
Note: Majestic Care of Jefferson Pointe has been flagged for abuse in the past 12 months. We have capped this facility's overall grade accordingly.
Get pricing and details on Fort Wayne senior living options.Get Pricing
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- For profit - Corporation
- Secure Memory Care
- Offers Hospice
- Offers Respite Care
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Offers Outpatient Rehab
- Personal Care
- Medication Management
- Home Making
- Speech Therapy
- Stroke Recovery
- IV Antibiotic Therapy
- Palliative Care
- Wound Care
- Occupational Therapy
- Tracheotomy Care
- Physical Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
- Pain Management
- Orthopedic Rehabilitation
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
Registered Staff Hours
We really could not find anything good to say about this facility. It received a D in the area of inspections. Unfortunately, this turned out to be its best score. Inspection ratings weigh several factors found on a facility's inspection reports. Generally, you should be especially cautious when considering a nursing home with severe deficiencies on a recent inspection report. This particular nursing home was hit with 5 deficiencies on its inspection report. The only positive thing we can say is that none of the deficiencies were in the categories that suggest they posed a threat to resident health or safety. Lastly, this facility was flagged by CMS for possible abuse or neglect. We prefer to avoid facilities with this designation. Please do your best to find an alternative nursing home.
In addition, we gave this facility an F in the area of nursing care. Our nursing grade is largely tied to the nursing home's nurse staffing. This place provided just 0.3 hours of nursing care per patient per day. This is a very low total compared to most nursing homes. Lastly, we also looked at some nursing quality-based metrics in calculating our nursing ratings. This nursing home performed well in terms of minimizing its residents' major falls and pressure ulcers.
Does this page answer your questions about Majestic Care of Jefferson Pointe?
Long-term Care Quality
Another concern is the F this facility received in the category of long-term care. When nursing homes receive this kind of score in this category it is a bad sign for resident care and it may indicate that the facility is not as well-staffed. One of the datapoints we considered in addition to nursing hours was vaccines. Frankly, we were a bit concerned this facility provided the pneumonia vaccine to a relatively low 70.24221 percent of its patients. Surprisingly, this facility actually fared well at keeping its patients out of the hospital. In fact, it had just 0.01 hospitalizations per 1,000 long-term resident days. This is its best score in this category.
Short-term Care Quality
The next area we analyzed is short-term care. Unfortunately, we gave it an abysmal F for this area, which is a poor score. In the category of short-term care, we endeavor to qualify indicators of a facility's rehabilitation services. We look at the facility's skilled nursing services, including those performed by registered nurses and physical therapists. With a grade of this caliber in this category, we weren't surprised to discover this facility was well below average in several staffing figures we focus on. In fact, it offered far fewer registered nurse and physical therapist hours per resident than most nursing homes. Lastly, we assessed the number of residents that ultimately were able to return home from this nursing home. This nursing home didn't fare well here either. In fact, we found that just 3.7 percent of this facility's patients were able to return home.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Majestic Care of Jefferson Pointe Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Majestic Care of Jefferson Pointe, 5.85% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This tells you the percentage of patients that sustained a pressure ulcer. Pressure ulcers are considered to be a barometer of the quality of nursing care at a nursing home. Pressure ulcers, which are also known as bed sores, are often the result of residents staying in one position for too long.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Majestic Care of Jefferson Pointe, 4.5% of Patients had Serious Falls
This tells you the percent of patients who suffered from a fall resulting in serious injury.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Majestic Care of Jefferson Pointe, 1.06% of Patients had UTIs
This indicates the percentage of residents who suffered from a urinary tract infection. These infections are sometimes associated with poor hygiene.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Majestic Care of Jefferson Pointe, 24.68% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This indicates the percent of patients who were given antipsychotic drugs. While antipsychotic drugs may be helpful for many patients, it is important to confirm these medications are being used appropriately. In limited cases, excessive reliance on these medications may suggest a nursing home is using these medications to control patient behavior.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Majestic Care of Jefferson Pointe, 28.35% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This datapoint gauges the percent of long-term care patients who are administered antianxiety medication. These drugs are prescribed to patients suffering from anxiety or depression.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Majestic Care of Jefferson Pointe, 23.97% of Patients
This metric measures the percentage of long-term care patients who are demonstrating symptoms of depression.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Majestic Care of Jefferson Pointe, 79.72% of Patients
This metric is a measure of the percentage of long-term care patients who were vaccinated against pneumonia and flu.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Majestic Care of Jefferson Pointe, 15.5% of Patients
This metric is a measure of the percent of long-term care patients that required additional assistance with activities of daily living over time. Activities of daily living include activities such as moving around and using the bathroom.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Majestic Care of Jefferson Pointe, 11.12% of Residents
This metric is a measure of the percent of long-term stay residents who retained mobility levels. Some argue that mobility is important for residents' health.
In Majestic Care of Jefferson Pointe, 0.01 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
This indicates the number of times residents are hospitalized per 1,000 days of patient care. There is a correlation between staying out of the hospital and the overall quality of long-term care.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Majestic Care of Jefferson Pointe, 11.12% of Residents Rehospitalized
This metric is a measure of the number of rehospitalizations per 1,000 days of short-term resident care. Avoiding the hospital during rehabilitation is key to restoring the health of patients.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Majestic Care of Jefferson Pointe, 9.53% of Patients
This is the number of emergency room visits per 1,000 days of short-term patient care.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Majestic Care of Jefferson Pointe, 68.25% of Resident
This metric measures the percent of short-term care patients who experienced functional improvements, such as with activities of daily living. Many in the industry would argue this is a reliable measure of rehabilitation services.
Scores for Fort Wayne, IN
- Overall Rating has a grade of C
- Nurse Rating has a grade of C
- Long-term Care Rating has a grade of C
- Short-term Care Rating has a grade of B-minus
- Inspection Rating has a grade of B-plus
Looking for more options? Fort Wayne, Indiana has 11 other nursing homes
- Lutheran Hospital of IndianaAcute Care Hospitals 2.36 miles away7950 W Jefferson Blvd Fort Wayne Indiana 46804Proprietary(260) 435-7001
- St Joseph HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 3.61 miles away700 Broadway Fort Wayne Indiana 46802Proprietary(260) 425-3000
- Dupont Hospital LLCAcute Care Hospitals 9.77 miles away2520 E Dupont Rd Fort Wayne Indiana 46825Proprietary(260) 416-3000
- Orthopaedic Hospital at Parkview North LLCAcute Care Hospitals 10.56 miles away11130 Parkview Circle Dr Fort Wayne Indiana 46845Voluntary non-profit - Private(260) 672-4050
- Parkview Regional Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 10.58 miles away11109 Parkview Plaza Drive Fort Wayne Indiana 46845Voluntary non-profit - Private(260) 266-1000
- Parkview Whitley HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 14.72 miles away1260 E Sr 205 Columbia City Indiana 46725Voluntary non-profit - Private(260) 248-9301
- Parkview Huntington HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 18.04 miles away2001 Stults Rd Huntington Indiana 46750Voluntary non-profit - Private(260) 355-3000
- Davita - Appleseed0.61 miles away1833 Magnavox Way Fort Wayne Indiana 46804Dialysis Stations: 4 (260) 432-1036
- Davita - Fort Wayne West1.04 miles away4916 Illinois Road, Suite 118 Fort Wayne Indiana 46804Dialysis Stations: 14 (260) 434-0483
- Fmc - Northeast Indiana Kidney Ctr - Fort Wayne1.55 miles away7836 W. Jefferson Blvd., Suite ll10 Fort Wayne Indiana 46804CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 24 (260) 432-4225
- Randolph Dialysis, LLC3.57 miles away6721 Old Trail Road Fort Wayne Indiana 46809Dialysis Stations: 12 (260) 478-8582
- Davita - Fort Wayne South4.49 miles away302 E. Pettit Ave. Fort Wayne Indiana 46806CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 20 (260) 456-0451
- Davita - Summit City Dialysis6.9 miles away3233 East Coliseum Blvd. Fort Wayne Indiana 46805CMS Rating: 2 stars Dialysis Stations: 25 (260) 373-1599
- Davita-Fort Wayne North Dialysis9.11 miles away415 E Dupont Road Fort Wayne Indiana 46825Dialysis Stations: 13 (260) 637-0431
- Fmc - Dupont Dialysis9.77 miles away10204 East Dupont Circle Drive Fort Wayne Indiana 46825CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 12 (260) 489-9255