Community Extended Care Hospital of Montclair is a large nursing home in Montclair, California. Featuring an overall score of C, this looks like a middle of the pack facility. You can definitely do worse than this place. This nursing home didn't excel in all of our categories, but it didn't receive any terrible grades either. More information about these categories can be found below.
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
Community Extended Care Hospital of Montclair
- Nursing Home
- Independent Living
- Assisted Living
- Memory Care
Updated Apr 1, 2023 by Nick Lata
Get pricing and details on Montclair senior living options.Get Pricing
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- For profit - Corporation
- Secure Memory Care
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Personal Care
- Medication Management
- Home Making
- Speech Therapy
- Stroke Recovery
- IV Antibiotic Therapy
- Palliative Care
- Wound Care
- Occupational Therapy
- Cardiac Therapy
- Tracheotomy Care
- Mental Health
- Diabetes Management
- Physical Therapy
- Respiratory Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
- Recreational Therapy
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
Registered Staff Hours
The primary reason this ended up being a decent nursing home is that it earned an elite inspection grade. Its inspection score was far superior to its overall score. In our inspections category, we gave this facility a grade of A-. These inspection grades take several factors into consideration, including deficiencies and substantiated complaints. You can find more information about each of these issues by obtaining copies of nursing homes' inspection reports. This place received 6 deficiencies on its inspection report, but fortunately none of the deficiencies were considered to be severe deficiencies. This means that CMS did not deem any of these deficiencies to create an imminent threat to resident health or safety. A few minor deficiencies shouldn't lead you to cross a nursing home off your list.
Long-term Care Quality
Another one of this nursing home's more favorable category scores came in the area of long-term care. In that area, we gave this nursing home a grade of B. It actually outperformed most facilities in this category. Facilities that do well in long-term care tend to provide residents with closer supervision and stay on top of routine medical care. One of the datapoints we considered in addition to nurse's aid hours was vaccines. This nursing home administered the pneumonia vaccination to 99.77778 percent of its residents. This is a reliable method to avoid unnecessary hospitalizations for the nursing home population. Finally, this nursing home was able to limit hospitalizations. It had only 0.02 hospitalizations per 1,000 long-term resident days, which is a remarkably low figure.
Does this page answer your questions about Community Extended Care Hospital of Montclair?
This facility's next best category grade came in the area of nursing. In that category, we gave this nursing home a grade of C. The nursing category analyzes a handful of subcategories, many of which are associated with nursing hours. This facility provided just 0.5 hours of nursing care per patient per day. This figure is far below the national average. Lastly, we also looked at several nursing quality measures. Although this place got docked a bit for nursing hours per resident, it excelled in some of these quality-based measures. With less than five percent of its patients sustaining pressure ulcers, it fared very well in this area. This is generally a good indicator of quality nursing care. Pressure ulcers can frequently be avoided by offering better nursing care, such as employing a protocol of turning patients more often.
Short-term Care Quality
This nursing home's worst category was short-term care, which is the final category we looked at. In this category, we gave this facility a D. Our short-term care grades are considered to be most important for individuals in need of rehabilitation services. Rehabilitation generally requires more highly-skilled nursing. Skilled nursing means not merely nursing, but also physical and occupational therapy, as well as other types of therapy. Not surprisingly, we found that this nursing home provides far less physical therapist and registered nurse hours per resident than the average facility. Finally, we considered the number of patients who were able to return to the community from this nursing home. We found that just 4.6 percent of this facility's patients returned home.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Community Extended Care Hospital of Montclair Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Community Extended Care Hospital of Montclair, 7.79% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This figure indicates the percentage of long-term stay patients who have new or worsened pressure ulcers . We bake this statistic into both nursing and long-term care grades.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Community Extended Care Hospital of Montclair, 1.84% of Patients had Serious Falls
This tells you the percent of residents who suffered from a fall resulting in major injury.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Community Extended Care Hospital of Montclair, 1.34% of Patients had UTIs
This tells you the percent of residents that suffered from a urinary tract infection. UTI's are often the result of worse hygiene protocols. Closer supervision can limit the number likelihood of residents sustaining infections. Note that this metric is sometimes skewed by the fact that nursing homes have varying reporting standards for these infections.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Community Extended Care Hospital of Montclair, 10.3% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This statistic tells you the percent of long-term patients who are given antipsychotic drugs. Increased usage of these drugs may suggest that a nursing home is using these medications to subdue residents in situations where such drugs are not medically indicated. However, some facilities may need to rely more on these drugs due to an increased number of residents suffering from Alzheimer's or other dementias.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Community Extended Care Hospital of Montclair, 13.84% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This indicates the percentage of patients given antianxiety medications. Antianxiety drugs are administered to residents experiencing depression and anxiety.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Community Extended Care Hospital of Montclair, 5.83% of Patients
This indicates the percentage of residents demonstrating signs of depression.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Community Extended Care Hospital of Montclair, 95.65% of Patients
This indicates the percentage of patients who have received the pneumonia and flu vaccines. Higher vaccination rates should be the norm at this point.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Community Extended Care Hospital of Montclair, 8.26% Percentage of Patients
This indicates the percent of patients that required additional assistance with activities of daily living over time.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Community Extended Care Hospital of Montclair, 10.41% Percentage of Residents
This datapoint measures the percent of long-term patients that retained mobility levels. Many in the industry would argue that mobility is important for patients physical and mental well-being.
In Community Extended Care Hospital of Montclair, 1.78 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
This datapoint measures the number of hospitalizations per thousand days of patient care. Avoiding hospitalizations is important to maintaining the physical health of nursing home residents.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Community Extended Care Hospital of Montclair, 10.41 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This is a measure of the number of rehospitalizations per 1,000 days of short-term care. Staying out of the hospital during rehabilitation is key to restoring the physical well-being of residents.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Community Extended Care Hospital of Montclair, 11.34 Percentage of Patients
This tells you the number of times residents are sent to the emergency room per 1,000 days of short-term patient care.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Community Extended Care Hospital of Montclair, 79.12% Percentage of Resident
This metric measures the percent of short-term patients that saw functional improvements, such as with activities of daily living. Many in the industry argue this is a reliable measure of rehabilitation services.
- Montclair Hospital Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 0.16 miles away5000 San Bernardino St Montclair California 91763Voluntary non-profit - Private(909) 625-8300
- Pomona Valley Hospital Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 3.34 miles away1798 N Garey Ave Pomona California 91767Voluntary non-profit - Private(909) 865-9500
- San Antonio Regional HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 3.57 miles away999 San Bernardino Road Upland California 91786Voluntary non-profit - Other(714) 985-2811
- Chino Valley Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 3.68 miles away5451 Walnut Ave Chino California 91710Proprietary(909) 627-6111
- San Dimas Community HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 8.22 miles away1350 W Covina Blvd San Dimas California 91773Proprietary(909) 599-6811
- Glendora Community HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 10.45 miles away150 West Route 66 Glendora California 91740Proprietary(626) 335-0231
- Emanate Health Inter-Community HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 11.47 miles away210 W San Bernardino Road Covina California 91723Proprietary(626) 814-2468
- Kaiser Foundation Hospital FontanaAcute Care Hospitals 14.92 miles away9961 Sierra Ave Fontana California 92335Voluntary non-profit - Private(909) 427-5500
- Davita-Montclair Dialysis Center0.66 miles away9142 Monte Vista Ave Montclair California 91763CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 30 (909) 626-6505
- Ontario Dialysis, Inc.1.51 miles away1001 W. Sixth Street, Suite A Ontario California 91762CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 32 (909) 984-0320
- Ontario Holt Dialysis Center, Inc.1.53 miles away1310 West Holt Avenue Ontario California 91762Dialysis Stations: 28 (909) 986-0230
- Davita-Upland Colonies Dialysis2 miles away587 N. Mountain Avenue Upland California 91786Dialysis Stations: 25 (909) 931-4515
- Fmc-Garey Dialysis Center Partnership3.23 miles away150 E. Arrow Highway Pomona California 91767CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 29 (909) 593-5863
- Davita-Pomona Dialysis3.35 miles away2111 N. Garey Avenue Pomona California 91767CMS Rating: 5 stars Dialysis Stations: 32 (909) 596-9997
- Pomona Dialysis Center, Inc.3.68 miles away255 E. Bonita Avenue, Building 1 Ste 200 Pomona California 91767Dialysis Stations: 25 (909) 784-2949
- Davita-Upland Dialysis3.76 miles away600 N. 13th Avenue Upland California 91786CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 24 (909) 946-3802