Century Villa is the lone facility located in Inglewood, California. With an overall score of B+, this is a high quality facility. Based on the data we reviewed, you could do much worse than this place. The best part of this nursing home's impressive report card is its long-term care grade. Long-term care grades are discussed in the next paragraph
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
- Nursing Home
Updated Apr 1, 2023 by Nick Lata
Get pricing and details on Inglewood senior living options.Get Pricing
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- For profit - Individual
- Occupational Therapy
- Physical Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
Registered Staff Hours
Long-term Care Quality
On top of being a quality nursing home overall, this nursing home really performed well in the area of long-term care, where it received a grade of A-. Few nursing homes performed better in this area. When nursing homes receive this type of score in this category it is typically a good sign for patient care and suggests that the facility is well-staffed with nurses and aids. Once we finished looking at the quantity of care provided by nurses, we then looked at the facility's vaccination records. This nursing home vaccinated 100 percent of its patients against pneumonia, which is an impressive figure. Pneumonia is often a life or death condition for nursing home residents so we prefer when a nursing home doesn't leave this to chance. Lastly, this facility was able to limit hospitalizations. Indeed, it had only 0.03 hospitalizations per one thousand long-term resident days, which is a remarkably low number.
In addition, this facility also performed well in our inspection category, which is based on the facility's government inspections. In fact, we gave it a grade of B+ for that area. Our inspection scores are based on several items located in the a nursing home's inspections. Places that excel in this area have very few deficiencies on their reports. Most importantly, these places should not have any severe deficiencies which are associated with risks to patient safety. This facility was assessed 7 deficiencies on its inspection report, but we were relieved to see that none were considered to be severe. This tells you that the government inspectors did not deem any of the deficiencies to cause an imminent threat to patient health or safety. We should note that deficiency-free inspection reports are uncommon in the industry.
Does this page answer your questions about Century Villa?
Another one of this facility's impressive category grades came in the area of nursing care. We awarded them one of our better scores in that area, with a grade of B+. When determining a facility's nursing rating, we look at the amount of time nurses are caring for patients as well as the skill levels of those nurses. This nursing home provides 0.3 hours of nursing care per resident per day. Finally, we also assessed some nursing quality measures in determining our nursing grades. This facility performed very well when it comes to minimizing its residents' pressure ulcers and major falls. We consider these areas to be good indicators of the quality of nursing care.
Short-term Care Quality
The next area we looked at is short-term care. In that area, we awarded this nursing home a solid grade of B-. This ended up being this facility's least impressive area. In computing our short-term care scores, we size up the facility's levels of skilled nursing, which includes registered nurses, physical therapists occupational therapists and other highly skilled individuals. This rating is generally a reliable measure of a facility's ability to rehabilitate patients. Unfortunately, we weren't able to locate information about this nursing home's registered nurse or physical therapy staffing. Finally, we looked at the percentage of patients who eventually returned home from this facility. We found that 0 percent of this facility's patients were able to return home. This figure was actually quite a bit below average.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Century Villa Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Century Villa, 1.89% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This statistic gauges the percentage of long-term stay patients that are suffering from pressure ulcers or bed sores. We factor in this statistic in computing our nursing grades.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Century Villa, 0% of Patients had Serious Falls
This tells you the percent of patients who suffered from a major fall. Falls resulting in serious injury are considered by many experts to be a barometer of nursing care . Falls are often the result of lower levels of patient supervision.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Century Villa, 0% of Patients had UTIs
This is the percentage of residents that suffered from a urinary tract infection. UTI's are considered by many in the nursing home industry to be a measure of nursing care at a nursing home. UTI's are often linked to lower quality nursing care. Nevertheless, this statistic can be misleading for some nursing homes due to varying reporting standards for UTI's.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Century Villa, 13.16% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This is the percentage of residents who were prescribed antipsychotic drugs. These drugs are used to treat several medical conditions, including dementia.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Century Villa, 7% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This statistic gauges the percent of long-term residents that are given antianxiety drugs. These medications are prescribed to patients experiencing depression or anxiety.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Century Villa, 0% of Patients
This datapoint measures the percentage of long-term care patients exhibiting signs of depression. Many in the industry believe this is a measure of patient quality of life.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Century Villa, 100% of Patients
This metric measures the percent of long-term stay residents that have received the flu and pneumonia vaccines. Respiratory viruses can be fatal for seniors, making these vaccines critical to patient safety.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Century Villa, 2.41% of Patients
This metric is a measure of the percent of long-term stay patients that required more assistance with activities of daily living over time. Activities of daily living include activities such as moving around and taking a bath.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Century Villa, 3.77% of Residents
This tells you the percent of patients that were able to retain mobility over time. Preserving mobility can be a good sign for residents' health.
In Century Villa, 0.03 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
This tells you the number of times residents are hospitalized per 1,000 days of patient care.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Century Villa, 3.77% of Residents Rehospitalized
This metric measures the number of times residents are rehospitalized per 1,000 days of short-term patient care. Avoiding rehospitalizations during rehabilitation is critical to restoring the health of patients.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Century Villa, 2.63% of Patients
Measures the number of emergency room visits per 1,000 days of short-term care. Avoiding medical emergencies is one way to assess patient well-being during rehabilitation.
- California Hospital Medical Center LaAcute Care Hospitals 6.52 miles away1401 South Grand Avenue Los Angeles California 90015Voluntary non-profit - Other(213) 748-2411
- Martin Luther King, Jr. Community HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 6.79 miles away1680 East 120th Street Los Angeles California 90059Voluntary non-profit - Private(424) 835-6808
- Community Hospital of Huntington ParkAcute Care Hospitals 7.16 miles away2623 E Slauson Ave Huntington Park California 90255Proprietary(323) 583-1931
- Cedars-Sinai Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 7.55 miles away8700 Beverly Blvd Los Angeles California 90048Voluntary non-profit - Other(310) 423-5000
- Saint Vincent Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 7.6 miles away2131 W 3rd St Los Angeles California 90057Voluntary non-profit - Church(213) 484-7111
- Providence Saint John's Health CenterAcute Care Hospitals 8.63 miles away2121 Santa Monica Blvd Santa Monica California 90404Voluntary non-profit - Private(310) 829-5511
- Ronald Reagan U C L a Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 8.66 miles away757 Westwood Plaza Los Angeles California 90095Government - State(310) 825-6301
- Resnick Neuropsychiatric Hospital at UclaPsychiatric 8.71 miles away150 Medical Plaza-Rm-4230c Los Angeles California 90095Government - State(310) 825-6962
- Fmc-West Los Angeles0.38 miles away301 N. Prairie Avenue, Suite 100 Inglewood California 90301CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 21 (310) 674-9640
- Fmc-Eucalyptus0.64 miles away610 N. Eucalyptus Avenue Inglewood California 90302CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 24 (310) 680-9101
- Fmc-Inglewood0.73 miles away336 E. Hillcrest Avenue, Suite 100 Inglewood California 90301CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 20 (310) 673-3656
- Fmc-Rai-Centinela-Inglewood1.1 miles away1416 Centinela Avenue Inglewood California 90302CMS Rating: 2 stars Dialysis Stations: 25 (310) 673-6865
- Davita-Inglewood Dialysis1.24 miles away125 E. Arbor Vitae Inglewood California 90301CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 41 (310) 677-6114
- Davita-Airport Sunrise Dialysis Center2.72 miles away11300 Hawthorne Blvd Inglewood California 90304CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 56 (310) 680-0601
- Davita-Imperial Dialysis3.07 miles away2738 W. Imperial Highway Inglewood California 90303CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 30 (323) 779-5399
- Kidney Dialysis Center of Baldwin Hills, LLC3.45 miles away3705 S. La Brea Avenue Los Angeles California 90016Dialysis Stations: 17 (323) 293-4488