Century Villa is one of five available nursing homes located in Inglewood, California. With an overall score of B+, this is a high quality facility. Based on all of the relevant data, you could do much worse than this place. As you can find below, this nursing home also performed just fine in our category grades. It is hard to poke holes in this nursing home's profile.
- Nursing Home
Updated Sep 1, 2022 by Nick Reese
301 Centinela Ave,
Inglewood CA 90302
93.53% estimated occupancy 1
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- For profit - Individual
- Occupational Therapy
- Physical Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
Registered Staff Hours
On top of earning a strong overall grade, this nursing home performed well in our nursing category. In fact, we gave it an A- for that category, which is one of our highest scores. Our nursing rating focuses on the nursing home's nurse staffing levels. We look at both the levels of training of the nurses and the quantity of hours spent with patients. This nursing home provides 0.4 hours of nursing care per resident per day. Finally, our nursing grades also factor in quality-based assessments, such as avoiding major falls. This nursing home performed well in this area. Avoiding major falls is typically a good indicator that a facility has reliable quality controls in place. Major falls can generally be prevented if more nurses aids and better safety protocols are in place.
Long-term Care Quality
Adding to this nursing home's list of accomplishments, it also received a first-rate long-term care score. We awarded them a strong grade of A- in this area. Long-term care scores in this range generally require both around the clock care from nurses and aids, as well as quality routine healthcare services. One of the datapoints we considered in addition to nursing hours is vaccinations. This nursing home provided the pneumonia vaccine to 100 percent of its residents. This is a great way to avoid unnecessary deaths and hospitalizations for the elderly population. Lastly, this place was able to limit hospitalizations. It had only 0.03 hospitalizations per one thousand long-term resident days, which is a remarkably low figure.
Does this page answer your questions about Century Villa?
In addition, this facility also excelled in the area of inspections, where it received a grade of A-. Few nursing homes performed better in this area. Inspection scores weigh several factors found on a nursing home's inspection report. One of the most important criteria we consider is the quantity and severity of deficiencies. Facilities with better scores in this area usually have few of these severe deficiencies. This nursing home received 7 deficiencies on its inspection report, but none of the deficiencies were considered severe. This tells you that the inspectors did not consider any of these deficiencies to cause an immediate risk to resident health or safety. Keep in mind that deficiency-free inspection reports are uncommon in this industry.
Short-term Care Quality
The next category we analyzed is short-term care, where we awarded it a strong grade of B. This facility really does not have any weak grades. In forming these short-term care scores, we analyze the nursing home's skilled nursing services, such as those performed by registered nurses, occupational therapists, physical therapists and other types of skilled professionals. The objective is to create a measure for sizing up the rehabilitation services of various nursing homes. Unfortunately, we were not able to find information about this nursing home's registered nurse or physical therapy staffing. Lastly, we considered the number of residents who were able to return to the community from this facility. We found that 0 percent of this facility's residents returned home.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Century Villa Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Century Villa, 7.45% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This is the percentage of residents that have had a pressure ulcer. Pressure ulcers are damage to the skin caused by remaining in the same position for an excessive period of time.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Century Villa, 1.7% of Patients had Serious Falls
This is the percent of residents that suffered from a major fall. Falls resulting in serious injuries are often linked to lower levels of patient supervision. More supervision reduces the number of major falls sustained by residents in a nursing home.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Century Villa, 1.24% of Patients had UTIs
This indicates the percent of patients who have had a urinary tract infection. These infections could be associated with poor hygiene.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Century Villa, 10.1% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This tells you the percentage of patients who were prescribed antipsychotic drugs. While antipsychotic medications may be helpful for many residents, it is important to make sure these drugs are being used only where medically required. In some cases, excessive reliance on these medications may mean a facility is using these medications to control patient behavior.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Century Villa, 13.85% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This gauges the percent of long-term stay patients who were administered antianxiety drugs. These drugs are commonly prescribed to residents experiencing depression or anxiety.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Century Villa, 4.64% of Patients
This is the percentage of patients showing signs of depression.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Century Villa, 95.44% of Patients
This tells you the percent of residents who have received the flu and pneumonia vaccines. Higher vaccination rates should be demanded by residents.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Century Villa, 7.92% Percentage of Patients
This datapoint measures the percent of long-term stay residents who required more assistance with activities of daily living over time. Activities of daily living include activities such as taking medications and using the bathroom. Many in the industry believe this is a reasonable measure of a patient's well-being.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Century Villa, 12.45% Percentage of Residents
This tells you the percent of patients who were able to retain mobility over time. Preserving mobility is often a great sign for residents' health.
In Century Villa, 1.61 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
This metric measures the number of times residents are hospitalized per thousand days of patient care.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Century Villa, 12.45 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This metric measures the number of times residents are rehospitalized per 1,000 days of short-term patient care. Keeping residents out of the hospital during rehabilitation is critical to restoring the physical well-being of patients.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Century Villa, 9.83 Percentage of Patients
This metric tracks the number of times residents are sent to the emergency room per 1,000 days of short-term care. Staying out of the emergency room is one way to gauge the well-being of patients during rehabilitation.
Scores for Inglewood, CA
- Overall Rating has a grade of B-minus
- Nurse Rating has a grade of B
- Long-term Care Rating has a grade of B
- Short-term Care Rating has a grade of C
- Inspection Rating has a grade of B
Looking for more options? Inglewood, California has 4 other nursing homes
- California Hospital Medical Center LaAcute Care Hospitals 6.52 miles away1401 South Grand Avenue Los Angeles California 90015Voluntary non-profit - Other(213) 748-2411
- Martin Luther King, Jr. Community HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 6.79 miles away1680 East 120th Street Los Angeles California 90059Voluntary non-profit - Private(424) 835-6808
- Community Hospital of Huntington ParkAcute Care Hospitals 7.16 miles away2623 E Slauson Ave Huntington Park California 90255Proprietary(323) 583-1931
- Cedars-Sinai Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 7.55 miles away8700 Beverly Blvd Los Angeles California 90048Voluntary non-profit - Other(310) 423-5000
- Saint Vincent Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 7.6 miles away2131 W 3rd St Los Angeles California 90057Voluntary non-profit - Church(213) 484-7111
- Providence Saint John's Health CenterAcute Care Hospitals 8.63 miles away2121 Santa Monica Blvd Santa Monica California 90404Voluntary non-profit - Private(310) 829-5511
- Ronald Reagan U C L a Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 8.66 miles away757 Westwood Plaza Los Angeles California 90095Government - State(310) 825-6301
- Resnick Neuropsychiatric Hospital at UclaPsychiatric 8.71 miles away150 Medical Plaza-Rm-4230c Los Angeles California 90095Government - State(310) 825-6962
- Fmc-West Los Angeles0.38 miles away301 N. Prairie Avenue, Suite 100 Inglewood California 90301CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 21 (310) 674-9640
- Fmc-Eucalyptus0.64 miles away610 N. Eucalyptus Avenue Inglewood California 90302CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 24 (310) 680-9101
- Fmc-Inglewood0.73 miles away336 E. Hillcrest Avenue, Suite 100 Inglewood California 90301CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 20 (310) 673-3656
- Fmc-Rai-Centinela-Inglewood1.1 miles away1416 Centinela Avenue Inglewood California 90302CMS Rating: 2 stars Dialysis Stations: 25 (310) 673-6865
- Davita-Inglewood Dialysis1.24 miles away125 E. Arbor Vitae Inglewood California 90301CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 41 (310) 677-6114
- Davita-Airport Sunrise Dialysis Center2.72 miles away11300 Hawthorne Blvd Inglewood California 90304CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 56 (310) 680-0601
- Davita-Imperial Dialysis3.07 miles away2738 W. Imperial Highway Inglewood California 90303CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 30 (323) 779-5399
- Kidney Dialysis Center of Baldwin Hills, LLC3.45 miles away3705 S. La Brea Avenue Los Angeles California 90016Dialysis Stations: 17 (323) 293-4488