CC Young Senior Living is located in Dallas, Texas, which is among the most densely populated cities in the nation. This facility is among the most elite facilities we assessed. A score of this caliber requires top-notch marks across the board. Based on our ratings, this nursing home is just about as as good as it gets. If you scroll down, you can see this nursing home's category scores, which appear to be just as strong as its overall rating.
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
CC Young Senior Living
- Nursing Home
- Home Health Agency
- Independent Living
- Assisted Living
- Memory Care
Updated Apr 1, 2023 by Nick Reese
Get pricing and details on Dallas senior living options.Get Pricing
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- Is CCRC
- No Resident Council
- No Family Council
- Non profit - Other
- Offers Hospice
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Personal Care
- Medication Management
- Home Making
- Medical Transportation
- Speech Therapy
- IV Antibiotic Therapy
- Palliative Care
- Wound Care
- Occupational Therapy
- Diabetes Management
- Physical Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
- Recreational Therapy
- Pain Management
- Aquatic Therapy
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
Best Nursing Home in Texas Awards 2019
Best Nursing Home in Texas Awards 2020
Best Nursing Home in Dallas, Texas Awards 2020
Best Nursing Home in Texas Awards 2021
Registered Staff Hours
To go along with its strong overall grade, we awarded this nursing home a grade of A for our inspections rating. Inspection grades account for a host of factors included in a nursing home's inspection reports. One of the most important criteria we look at is the quantity and severity of deficiencies. Places with better scores in this area tend to have very few severe deficiencies. Although this place had a few deficiencies on its inspection report, none were severe based on CMS' deficiency scale. Finally, this facility had no substantiated complaints this year from residents, which is an excellent sign.
This facility also excelled in the area of nursing, where it received a grade of A. Few nursing homes performed better in this area. We scrutinized the licensure of nurses employed by the nursing home, in addition to the number of hours the nurses worked with patients, in computing our grade in this area. This nursing home provides 0.5 hours of nursing care per resident per day. Finally, our nursing grades also factor in quality-based assessments, such as avoiding major falls. This place performed well in this area. Avoiding major falls is typically a good indicator that a place has reliable quality controls in place. Major falls can often be avoided if more nurses aids and better safety protocols are in place.
Does this page answer your questions about CC Young Senior Living?
Short-term Care Quality
Turning our third area, this nursing home was given a top-shelf short-term care grade. In fact, we gave it a grade of A in that category. In forming our short-term care scores, we assess the facility's skilled nursing services, such as those performed by registered nurses, respiratory therapists, physical therapists and other types of therapists. The purpose is to formulate a measure for comparing the rehabilitation services of different nursing homes. Fortunately, it looks like this facility has registered nurses on staff. Not every nursing home employs these skilled professionals. However, based on the data this nursing home provided, it does not look like the facility employs physical therapists. The final item we assessed in this area is the number of residents that ultimately returned home from the nursing home. We found that 5.7 percent of this nursing home's residents returned home as opposed to remaining at the facility on a permanent basis.
Long-term Care Quality
Moving on to the next area, this nursing home also performed admirably in the long-term care category. We awarded it an A- for this category. This finalized a straight A profile. When nursing homes receive this type of grade in long-term care it is usually a good sign for patient care and suggests that the facility is well-staffed with nurses and aids. On top of looking at the amount of care provided by nurses aids and other staff, we looked at the number of residents vaccinated against pneumonia. This nursing home administered the vaccine to 95.625 percent of its patients, which is an impressive figure. Pneumonia is often a life threatening health condition for nursing home residents so we prefer when a facility does not leave this to chance. Lastly, this facility was able to limit hospitalizations. In fact, it had only 0 hospitalizations per 1,000 long-term resident days, which is a remarkably low figure.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
CC Young Senior Living Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In CC Young Senior Living, 7.17% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This is the percentage of patients that sustained a pressure ulcer. Pressure ulcers are considered to be a measure of nursing care at a nursing home. Pressure ulcers, also known as bed sores, are often caused by patients staying in one position for too long.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In CC Young Senior Living, 3.38% of Patients had Serious Falls
This indicates the percent of residents that sustained a major fall. Falls leading to major injuries are routinely linked to lower quality nursing care. More supervision reduces the percentage of residents in a nursing home who sustain major falls.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In CC Young Senior Living, 1.52% of Patients had UTIs
This is the percent of residents that have had a urinary tract infection. Urinary tract infections are often linked to nursing homes with worse hygiene protocols. More frequent bathing can limit the number likelihood of residents sustaining infections. Note that this datapoint is sometimes skewed by the fact that nursing homes have varying reporting standards for UTI's.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In CC Young Senior Living, 10.14% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This tells you the percent of residents prescribed antipsychotic drugs. Antipsychotic medications are given to residents for a variety of medical conditions, such as Alzheimer's or other dementias. Sadly, in some situations, increased usage of these drugs may mean a facility is using these medications to control patient behavior.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In CC Young Senior Living, 22.67% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This indicates the percent of long-term stay patients who are administered antianxiety drugs. These drugs are generally used to treat residents experiencing anxiety and depression.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In CC Young Senior Living, 4.84% of Patients
This datapoint is a measure of the percentage of long-term patients showing symptoms of depression.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In CC Young Senior Living, 93.69% of Patients
This datapoint measures the percent of long-term care residents that received the flu and pneumonia vaccines. Respiratory viruses can be fatal for nursing home patients, making these vaccines indispensable.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In CC Young Senior Living, 17.58% Percentage of Patients
This is the percent of patients that required more assistance with activities of daily living over time. High levels of needing for assistance with ADL's could indicate decline of a resident's well-being.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In CC Young Senior Living, 13.47% Percentage of Residents
This is the percent of patients who remained mobile levels over time. Retaining mobility is usually a great sign for residents' health.
In CC Young Senior Living, 1.89 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
This indicates the number of times residents are hospitalized per thousand days of care.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In CC Young Senior Living, 13.47 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This datapoint measures the number of rehospitalizations per thousand days of short-term patient care. Avoiding rehospitalizations during rehabilitation is critical to restoring the physical abilities of residents.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In CC Young Senior Living, 11.91 Percentage of Patients
This metric tracks the number of times residents are sent to the emergency room per 1,000 days of short-term patient care.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In CC Young Senior Living, 66.29% Percentage of Resident
This is a measure of the percentage of short-term stay residents that experienced functional improvements, such as enhanced ability to perform activities of daily living. Many in the industry argue this is a reasonable measure of a facility's rehabilitation services.
Scores for Dallas, TX
- Overall Rating has a grade of B-minus
- Nurse Rating has a grade of B-minus
- Long-term Care Rating has a grade of B-minus
- Short-term Care Rating has a grade of B-minus
- Inspection Rating has a grade of A-minus
Looking for more options? Dallas, Texas has 17 other nursing homes
- City Hospital at White RockAcute Care Hospitals 1.95 miles away9440 Poppy Dr Dallas Texas 75218Proprietary(214) 324-6100
- Texas Institute for Surgery at Presbyterian HospitAcute Care Hospitals 2.38 miles away7115 Greenville Avenue Suite 100 Dallas Texas 75231Proprietary(214) 647-5300
- North Central Surgical Center LlpAcute Care Hospitals 2.75 miles away9301 North Central Expressway Suite 100 Dallas Texas 75231Voluntary non-profit - Other(214) 265-2810
- Texas Health Presbyterian Hospital DallasAcute Care Hospitals 2.77 miles away8200 Walnut Hill Lane Dallas Texas 75231Voluntary non-profit - Private(214) 345-6789
- Medical City DallasAcute Care Hospitals 4.5 miles away7777 Forest Lane Dallas Texas 75230Proprietary(972) 566-6222
- Baylor Scott and White Medical Center UptownAcute Care Hospitals 5.09 miles away2727 East Lemmon Avenue Building I Dallas Texas 75204Proprietary(214) 443-3000
- Baylor University Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 5.29 miles away3500 Gaston Ave Dallas Texas 75246Voluntary non-profit - Church(214) 820-0111
- Baylor Scott and White Heart and Vascular HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 5.41 miles away621 North Hall Street Dallas Texas 75226Proprietary(214) 820-0670
- Usrc East Dallas, LLC2.65 miles away11255 Graland Rd. Suite 1160 Dallas Texas 75218Dialysis Stations: 5 (214) 273-2649
- Davita Central Dallas Dialysis2.8 miles away9500 North Central Expressway Suite #102 Dallas Texas 75231Dialysis Stations: 16 (214) 739-3004
- Walnut Hill Dialysis Center2.99 miles away9840 North Central Expressway Suite 340 Dallas Texas 75231CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 24 (469) 232-5333
- Dallas North Dialysis Center3.51 miles away11886 Greenville Ave Suite 100b Dallas Texas 75243Dialysis Stations: 12 (972) 918-0100
- Us Renal Care North Dallas Dialysis3.53 miles away10740 N Central Expressway Suite 150 Dallas Texas 75231CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 13 (469) 518-6772
- Usrc Royal Central, LLC4.05 miles away11343 N Central Expy Dallas Texas 75243Dialysis Stations: 13 (469) 862-9991
- Town Gate Dialysis Center4.32 miles away1901 Northwest Hwy Suite 210 Garland Texas 75041CMS Rating: 2 stars Dialysis Stations: 36 (972) 278-2014
- Dallas East Dialysis4.38 miles away3402 North Buckner Blvd Suite 308 Dallas Texas 75228CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 32 (214) 660-9413