CC Young Senior Living is located in Dallas, Texas, which is among the most densely populated cities in the nation. This facility is among the most elite facilities we assessed. A score of this caliber requires top-notch marks across the board. Based on our ratings, this nursing home is just about as as good as it gets. If you scroll down, you can see this nursing home's category scores, which appear to be just as strong as its overall rating.
CC Young Senior Living
- Nursing Home
- Home Health Agency
- Independent Living
- Assisted Living
- Memory Care
Updated Sep 1, 2022 by Nick Lata
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- Is CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- Non profit - Corporation
- Offers Hospice
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Personal Care
- Medication Management
- Home Making
- Medical Transportation
- Speech Therapy
- IV Antibiotic Therapy
- Palliative Care
- Wound Care
- Occupational Therapy
- Diabetes Management
- Physical Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
- Recreational Therapy
- Pain Management
- Aquatic Therapy
Best Nursing Home in Texas Awards 2019
Best Nursing Home in Texas Awards 2020
Best Nursing Home in Dallas, Texas Awards 2020
Best Nursing Home in Texas Awards 2021
Registered Staff Hours
To pair with its strong overall grade, we gave this nursing home an A+ for our inspections rating. Our inspection ratings weigh several factors included in a facility's inspection reports. One of the most important criteria we consider is the quantity and severity of deficiencies. Places with better scores in this area tend to have very few severe deficiencies. Although this nursing home had some deficiencies on its report, none of them were serious based on CMS' scale. Finally, this facility had no substantiated complaints this year from residents, which is an excellent sign.
Short-term Care Quality
This facility also was dominant in the category of short-term care, where we awarded it a score of A. Only a select group of nursing homes performed better in this area. Our short-term care ratings are believed to be more important for those requiring rehabilitation from their nursing home. Rehabilitation generally requires more skilled nursing services. This includes not only nursing services, but also physical and occupational therapy, as well as other types of therapy. Fortunately, it looks like this nursing home has registered nurses on staff. Not every facility employs these types of nurses. On the other hand, according to the data this nursing home provided, it does not look like the facility employs physical therapists. The last statistic we looked at in this category is the percentage of patients who were able to leave the facility and return to the community. We found that 5.7 percent of this nursing home's residents were able to return home.
Does this page answer your questions about CC Young Senior Living?
Long-term Care Quality
Turning the page to our next category, this nursing home was awarded first-rate long-term care grade. In fact, it received a score of A in that area. Facilities that receive this kind of score in long-term care tend to provide consistent 24/7 care to make sure patients are kept in good health. One of the datapoints we considered after nursing hours is vaccines. This facility provided the pneumonia vaccination to 97.02381 percent of its residents. This is a great way to avoid unnecessary deaths for the aged 65 and up population. Clearly, this nursing home is doing something right in this area as it was able to keep its residents out of the hospital. Indeed, it had less than one hospitalization per one thousand long-term resident days, which is an impressively low number.
Turning to the last category, this facility was awarded an extremely favorable nursing score. We gave it an A- in that category, resulting in this facility receiving straight A's. Our nursing score analyzes a handful of data points, many of which are associated with levels of nurse staffing. This nursing home provides 0.5 hours of nursing care per resident per day. Finally, we also looked at some nursing quality-based metrics in determining our nursing grades. This nursing home performed very well in the area of minimizing its residents' pressure ulcers and major falls. We consider these areas to be good indicators of the quality of nursing care.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
CC Young Senior Living Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In CC Young Senior Living, 7.79% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This datapoint indicates the percentage of long-term patients which developed pressure ulcers or bed sores. We factor in this statistic in computing both nursing and long-term care grades.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In CC Young Senior Living, 3.33% of Patients had Serious Falls
This tells you the percentage of patients that suffered from a fall resulting in severe injury.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In CC Young Senior Living, 1.51% of Patients had UTIs
This figure is an indication of the percent of long-term care residents who experienced a UTI. UTI's may be an indicator of a nursing home with worse hygiene protocols. However, this metric may also be skewed for certain nursing homes due to varying reporting standards for urinary tract infections.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In CC Young Senior Living, 11.48% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This tells you the percent of residents prescribed antipsychotic medications. Antipsychotic medications are given to residents for a variety of medical conditions, such as dementia. Sadly, in limited cases, high levels of antipsychotic drug use may mean that a nursing home is using these drugs to control patient behavior.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In CC Young Senior Living, 22.56% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This tells you the percent of residents who were prescribed antianxiety drugs. These drugs are given to residents experiencing anxiety or depression.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In CC Young Senior Living, 4.81% of Patients
This tells you the percent of patients exhibiting depressive symptoms.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In CC Young Senior Living, 94.64% of Patients
This is the percentage of patients who were administered the flu and pneumonia vaccines. Higher vaccination rates should be standard at this point.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In CC Young Senior Living, 17.1% Percentage of Patients
This is the percent of residents that needed additional assistance with activities of daily living over time. Higher levels of needing for assistance with ADL's could be a sign of erosion of a patient's medical condition.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In CC Young Senior Living, 16.36% Percentage of Residents
This is a measure of the percent of long-term care patients that remained mobile levels. Many would argue that the ability to move around is important for residents' well-being.
In CC Young Senior Living, 1.67 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
This indicates the number of times residents are hospitalized per thousand days of patient care.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In CC Young Senior Living, 16.36 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This metric is a measure of the number of rehospitalizations per 1,000 days of short-term care.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In CC Young Senior Living, 11.4 Percentage of Patients
This tells you the number of emergency room visits per thousand days of short-term patient care. There is generally a correlation between fewer emergency room visits and the quality of rehabilitation.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In CC Young Senior Living, 66.86% Percentage of Resident
This is the percent of short-term residents that saw functional improvements, such as with activities of daily living. High levels of independence with ADL's usually correlates with higher quality rehabilitation services.
Scores for Dallas, TX
- Overall Rating has a grade of B-minus
- Nurse Rating has a grade of B-minus
- Long-term Care Rating has a grade of B-minus
- Short-term Care Rating has a grade of B-minus
- Inspection Rating has a grade of A-minus
Looking for more options? Dallas, Texas has 34 other nursing homes
- City Hospital at White RockAcute Care Hospitals 1.95 miles away9440 Poppy Dr Dallas Texas 75218Proprietary(214) 324-6100
- Texas Institute for Surgery at Presbyterian HospitAcute Care Hospitals 2.38 miles away7115 Greenville Avenue Suite 100 Dallas Texas 75231Proprietary(214) 647-5300
- North Central Surgical Center LlpAcute Care Hospitals 2.75 miles away9301 North Central Expressway Suite 100 Dallas Texas 75231Voluntary non-profit - Other(214) 265-2810
- Texas Health Presbyterian Hospital DallasAcute Care Hospitals 2.77 miles away8200 Walnut Hill Lane Dallas Texas 75231Voluntary non-profit - Private(214) 345-6789
- Medical City DallasAcute Care Hospitals 4.5 miles away7777 Forest Lane Dallas Texas 75230Proprietary(972) 566-6222
- Baylor Scott and White Medical Center UptownAcute Care Hospitals 5.09 miles away2727 East Lemmon Avenue Building I Dallas Texas 75204Proprietary(214) 443-3000
- Baylor University Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 5.29 miles away3500 Gaston Ave Dallas Texas 75246Voluntary non-profit - Church(214) 820-0111
- Baylor Scott and White Heart and Vascular HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 5.41 miles away621 North Hall Street Dallas Texas 75226Proprietary(214) 820-0670
- Usrc East Dallas, LLC2.65 miles away11255 Graland Rd. Suite 1160 Dallas Texas 75218Dialysis Stations: 5 (214) 273-2649
- Davita Central Dallas Dialysis2.8 miles away9500 North Central Expressway Suite #102 Dallas Texas 75231Dialysis Stations: 16 (214) 739-3004
- Walnut Hill Dialysis Center2.99 miles away9840 North Central Expressway Suite 340 Dallas Texas 75231CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 24 (469) 232-5333
- Dallas North Dialysis Center3.51 miles away11886 Greenville Ave Suite 100b Dallas Texas 75243Dialysis Stations: 12 (972) 918-0100
- Us Renal Care North Dallas Dialysis3.53 miles away10740 N Central Expressway Suite 150 Dallas Texas 75231CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 13 (469) 518-6772
- Usrc Royal Central, LLC4.05 miles away11343 N Central Expy Dallas Texas 75243Dialysis Stations: 13 (469) 862-9991
- Town Gate Dialysis Center4.32 miles away1901 Northwest Hwy Suite 210 Garland Texas 75041CMS Rating: 2 stars Dialysis Stations: 36 (972) 278-2014
- Dallas East Dialysis4.38 miles away3402 North Buckner Blvd Suite 308 Dallas Texas 75228CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 32 (214) 660-9413