Alexian Village of Milwaukee is an average-sized non-profit nursing home located in Milwaukee, Wisconsin. We awarded this facility an overall grade of B-. A score of this caliber requires some respectable scores. Based on our analysis, there are certainly far worse places out there. One of the better aspects of this facility's report card is its impressive short-term care grade, which you can find in the next paragraph.
Alexian Village of Milwaukee
- Nursing Home
- Independent Living
- Assisted Living
Updated Jun 1, 2022 by Nick Lata
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- Is CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- Non profit - Corporation
- Offers Hospice
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Personal Care
- Medication Management
- Home Making
- Medical Transportation
- Speech Therapy
- Stroke Recovery
- IV Antibiotic Therapy
- Wound Care
- Occupational Therapy
- Mental Health
- Diabetes Management
- Physical Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
- Recreational Therapy
Registered Staff Hours
Short-term Care Quality
We gave this facility an impressive grade of A+ for our short-term care rating. This score is far more impressive than its overall grade. In the category of short-term care, we strive to assess indicators of a nursing home's rehabilitation services. We assess a nursing home's skilled nursing services, including the ones performed by registered nurses and physical, occupational and other therapists. Fortunately, it looks like this facility employs registered nurses. Not all nursing homes employs these types of nurses. However, based on the information this nursing home provided, they do not appear to employ physical therapists. The last item we assessed in this area is the number of residents who returned home from the facility. We found that 6.9 percent of this nursing home's residents returned home as opposed to remaining at the facility on a permanent basis.
Another strength of this nursing home is its favorable grade in nursing. We awarded them one of our better scores in that area, with a grade of A-. Nursing ratings are mostly associated with the nursing home's nurse staffing. This facility provided 0.5 hours of nursing care per resident per day. Finally, we also looked at some nursing quality measures in determining our nursing grades. This nursing home performed very well in the area of minimizing its residents' major falls and pressure ulcers. We consider these areas to be good indicators of the quality of nursing care.
Does this page answer your questions about Alexian Village of Milwaukee?
Long-term Care Quality
This facility received its next most favorable category score in the area of long-term care. We awarded this facility a B- in this category, which is a decent score. In calculating our long-term care ratings, we size up the assistance with daily living offered to the nursing home's residents. After considering the amount of care provided by aids and other staff, we next considered the facility's vaccination data. This facility vaccinated 93.71981 percent of its residents against pneumonia, which is somewhat below what we anticipated but still a decent percentage. Fortunately, this facility was able to limit hospitalizations. Indeed, it had only 0.04 hospitalizations per one thousand long-term resident days, which is an impressively low number.
Turning the last category of government inspections, we gave this nursing home a grade of just D for our inspection category. This proved to be its worst category grade, particularly in light of some of the more impressive scores discussed above. Nevertheless, since this data is compiled by a government inspector, we weight it heavily in our overall grade. Inspection ratings weigh several factors included in a nursing home's inspection report. You should be especially cautious when considering a nursing home with severe deficiencies on a recent inspection report. This particular facility was hit with one category J through K deficiency, which are among the worst deficiencies. Finally, we also need to draw your attention to the fact that this facility was assessed significant government fines amounting to more than $100,000. This typically suggests that a nursing home's bad track record spanned several years.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Alexian Village of Milwaukee Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Alexian Village of Milwaukee, 6.86% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This figure measures the percent of long-term residents who developed pressure ulcers or bed sores. We bake this statistic into our nursing grades.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Alexian Village of Milwaukee, 3.37% of Patients had Serious Falls
This gauges the percent of long-term care residents who had a fall leading to serious injury. We use this statistic in calculating our nursing ratings.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Alexian Village of Milwaukee, 3.17% of Patients had UTIs
This is the percent of residents who have had a urinary tract infection. UTI's are routinely caused by lower quality nursing care. Additional nurse staffing can reduce the percentage of residents in a nursing home who suffer from UTI's. We want to point out that this statistic is affected by by the fact that nursing homes have incongruent reporting standards for infections.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Alexian Village of Milwaukee, 13.77% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This is the percent of residents who were given antipsychotic medications. These drugs are used to treat several medical conditions, including cognitive disorders.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Alexian Village of Milwaukee, 15.58% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This indicates the percent of patients who were prescribed antianxiety drugs. These drugs are prescribed to patients experiencing anxiety or depression.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Alexian Village of Milwaukee, 6.45% of Patients
This tells you the percentage of residents who are showing depressive symptoms. High levels of depression could be a sign a lower level of care.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Alexian Village of Milwaukee, 92.81% of Patients
This tells you the percentage of residents that received the pneumonia and flu vaccines. High vaccination rates should be the norm at this point.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Alexian Village of Milwaukee, 13.28% Percentage of Patients
This metric measures the percent of long-term care residents that needed increased assistance with activities of daily living over time. Activities of daily living include activities such as taking medications and taking a bath.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Alexian Village of Milwaukee, 21.75% Percentage of Residents
This metric measures the percent of long-term residents that remained mobile levels. Some experts believe that mobility is important for patients health.
In Alexian Village of Milwaukee, 1.26 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
This metric tracks the number of hospitalizations per 1,000 days of patient care.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Alexian Village of Milwaukee, 21.75 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This metric measures the number of rehospitalizations per thousand days of short-term care. Avoiding the hospital during rehabilitation is key to restoring the physical abilities of patients.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Alexian Village of Milwaukee, 13.28 Percentage of Patients
This is the number of times residents are sent to the emergency room per 1,000 days of short-term care.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Alexian Village of Milwaukee, 75.11% Percentage of Resident
This is the percentage of short-term care residents that saw functional improvements, such as enhanced ability to perform activities of daily living.
Scores for Milwaukee, WI
- Overall Rating has a grade of B-minus
- Nurse Rating has a grade of B
- Long-term Care Rating has a grade of C
- Short-term Care Rating has a grade of B
- Inspection Rating has a grade of B-minus
Looking for more options? Milwaukee, Wisconsin has 24 other nursing homes
- Ascension Columbia St Mary's Hospital OzaukeeAcute Care Hospitals 6.28 miles away13111 N Port Washington Rd Mequon Wisconsin 53097Voluntary non-profit - Church(414) 585-1374
- Ascension Se Wisconsin Hospital - St Joseph CampusAcute Care Hospitals 7.97 miles away5000 W Chambers St Milwaukee Wisconsin 53210Voluntary non-profit - Church(414) 447-2130
- Milwaukee County Behavioral Health DivisionPsychiatric 9.93 miles away9455 W Watertown Plank Rd Milwaukee Wisconsin 53226Government - Local(414) 257-5202
- Childrens Hospital of WisconsinChildrens 10.33 miles away9000 W Wisconsin Ave Milwaukee Wisconsin 53226Voluntary non-profit - Other(414) 266-2000
- Froedtert Memorial Lutheran HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 10.34 miles away9200 W Wisconsin Ave Milwaukee Wisconsin 53226Voluntary non-profit - Private(414) 805-3000
- Ascension Columbia St Mary's Hospital MilwaukeeAcute Care Hospitals 10.71 miles away2323 N Lake Dr Milwaukee Wisconsin 53211Voluntary non-profit - Church(414) 585-1374
- Aurora West Allis Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 12.79 miles away8901 W Lincoln Ave Milwaukee Wisconsin 53227Voluntary non-profit - Private(414) 328-6000
- Aurora St Lukes Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 13.99 miles away2900 W Oklahoma Ave Milwaukee Wisconsin 53215Voluntary non-profit - Private(414) 649-6000
- Chicot Dialysis LLC0.14 miles away9127 N 76th St Milwaukee Wisconsin 53223Dialysis Stations: 20 (414) 354-4319
- Fresenius Medical Care Midwest Good Hope2.46 miles away7701 W Clinton Ave Milwaukee Wisconsin 53223Dialysis Stations: 19 (414) 760-3090
- Davita - West Appleton4.74 miles away10130 W Appleton Ave, Suite 500 Milwaukee Wisconsin 53225CMS Rating: 2 stars Dialysis Stations: 26 (414) 393-0600
- Total Renal Care Inc5.02 miles awayn87 w17301 Main St Menomonee Falls Wisconsin 53051CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 12 (262) 253-9768
- Ara - Milwaukee5.13 miles awayMilwaukee Dialysis Center 4775 N Green Bay Ave Milwaukee Wisconsin 53209CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 21 (414) 265-1700
- Fresenius Medical Care Milwaukee, LLC5.55 miles away2615 W Silver Spring Dr Milwaukee Wisconsin 53209Dialysis Stations: 18 (414) 461-2649
- Davita - Bay Shore5.78 miles away5650 N Green Bay Ave #150 Milwaukee Wisconsin 53209CMS Rating: 2 stars Dialysis Stations: 28 (414) 351-1290
- Fresenius Medical Care Midwest Appleton Ave6.26 miles away7793 W Appleton Ave Milwaukee Wisconsin 53222CMS Rating: 1 stars Dialysis Stations: 19 (414) 464-0820