Alexian Village of Milwaukee is an average-sized non-profit nursing home located in Milwaukee, Wisconsin. We awarded this facility an overall grade of B+. A score of this caliber requires favorable scores in most areas. Based on our analysis, you can do much worse than this nursing home. This place's impressive profile was highlighted by its short-term care grade, which you can find in the next section.
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
Alexian Village of Milwaukee
- Nursing Home
- Independent Living
- Assisted Living
Updated Apr 1, 2023 by Nick Reese
Get pricing and details on Milwaukee senior living options.Get Pricing
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- Is CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- Non profit - Corporation
- Offers Hospice
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Personal Care
- Medication Management
- Home Making
- Medical Transportation
- Speech Therapy
- Stroke Recovery
- IV Antibiotic Therapy
- Wound Care
- Occupational Therapy
- Mental Health
- Diabetes Management
- Physical Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
- Recreational Therapy
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
Registered Staff Hours
Short-term Care Quality
On top of receiving a strong overall score, this facility fared well in our short-term care category. In fact, we awarded it an A for that category, which is one of our best grades. In determining our short-term care scores, we assess the nursing home's levels of skilled nursing, which includes registered nurses, physical therapists occupational therapists and other highly trained professionals. This area is more often than not a fair measure of a nursing home's ability to rehabilitate patients. Fortunately, it appear that this nursing home employs registered nurses. Not all nursing homes employs these types of nurses. However, based on the data they provided, it does not look like the facility employs physical therapists. Lastly, we assessed the percentage of patients who were able to return to the community from this facility. We found that 6 percent of this nursing home's patients returned home.
Among its many impressive scores, this facility earned an excellent nursing score. In fact, we gave it an B+ in that category. Our nursing score is mostly based on a nursing home's level of nurse staffing. This facility provided 0.4 hours of nursing care per resident per day. Finally, we also looked at some nursing quality-based metrics in determining our nursing grades. This place performed very well in terms of minimizing its residents' major falls and pressure ulcers. We consider these areas to be good indicators of the quality of nursing care.
Does this page answer your questions about Alexian Village of Milwaukee?
In addition, this facility also excelled in the area of inspections, where it received a grade of B+. Few nursing homes performed better in this area. Perhaps the most important factor we consider in determining our inspection ratings is deficiencies. Deficiencies can be found on a facility's inspection reports. Facilities with higher grades in this area typically dodged the more severe deficiencies involving health risks or even death. This particular nursing home received 3 deficiencies on its inspection report. Overall, this is still a good inspection report, but we'd always recommend looking into any deficiencies you find troubling.
Long-term Care Quality
The last category we graded is long-term care. In that category, we gave this facility an acceptable grade of C. This ended up being this facility's worst area. In calculating our long-term care scores, we scrutinize the personal care received by a nursing home's patients. On top of considering the quantity of care provided by aids and other staff, we analyzed the number of residents vaccinated against pneumonia. We found that this facility gave the vaccine to a relatively low 87.19212 percent of its patients, which is somewhat alarming. On a more positive note, this place was able to limit hospitalizations. It had only 0.02 hospitalizations per 1,000 long-term resident days, which is an impressively low number.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Alexian Village of Milwaukee Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Alexian Village of Milwaukee, 7.35% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This is the percentage of residents who suffered from a pressure ulcer. Pressure ulcers are damage to the skin caused by staying in the same position for an excessive period of time.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Alexian Village of Milwaukee, 3.21% of Patients had Serious Falls
This tells you the percentage of patients that sustained a major fall. Falls resulting in major injuries are routinely linked to lower quality nursing care. Additional nurse staffing reduces the number of major falls sustained by residents in a nursing home.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Alexian Village of Milwaukee, 3.13% of Patients had UTIs
This indicates the percent of residents who have had a urinary tract infection. Urinary tract infections are considered by many in the nursing home industry to be a measure of nursing care . UTI's are often caused by poor nursing care. Nevertheless, this datapoint can also be skewed for certain facilities due to inconsistent reporting standards for UTI's.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Alexian Village of Milwaukee, 13.64% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This indicates the percent of residents prescribed antipsychotic drugs. Antipsychotic medications are administered to patients for many medical conditions, such as dementia. Sadly, in limited cases, increased usage of these drugs may suggest a facility is using these medications to control patient behavior.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Alexian Village of Milwaukee, 16.32% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This tells you the percentage of patients prescribed antianxiety medications. These medications are commonly used to treat residents suffering from anxiety and depression.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Alexian Village of Milwaukee, 5.98% of Patients
This tells you the percent of residents who are exhibiting depressive symptoms.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Alexian Village of Milwaukee, 92.12% of Patients
This tells you the percent of patients who were given the flu and pneumonia vaccines. High vaccination rates should be the norm at this point.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Alexian Village of Milwaukee, 13.34% Percentage of Patients
This datapoint measures the percent of long-term care patients who needed increased assistance with activities of daily living over time. Activities of daily living include activities such as moving around and taking a bath. Many in the industry argue this is a reasonable measure of a patient's well-being.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Alexian Village of Milwaukee, 17.08% Percentage of Residents
This datapoint measures the percentage of long-term residents who were able to retain mobility.
In Alexian Village of Milwaukee, 1.28 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
This is the number of hospitalizations per thousand days of patient care. There is usually a correlation between avoiding hospitalizations and the quality of care.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Alexian Village of Milwaukee, 17.08 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This is the number of rehospitalizations per thousand days of short-term patient care.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Alexian Village of Milwaukee, 14.13 Percentage of Patients
This metric is a measure of the number of times residents are sent to the emergency room per thousand days of short-term patient care.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Alexian Village of Milwaukee, 76.01% Percentage of Resident
This metric is a measure of the percentage of short-term care residents that saw functional improvements.
Scores for Milwaukee, WI
- Overall Rating has a grade of B-minus
- Nurse Rating has a grade of B
- Long-term Care Rating has a grade of D
- Short-term Care Rating has a grade of B-plus
- Inspection Rating has a grade of B-minus
Looking for more options? Milwaukee, Wisconsin has 13 other nursing homes
- Ascension Columbia St Mary's Hospital OzaukeeAcute Care Hospitals 6.28 miles away13111 N Port Washington Rd Mequon Wisconsin 53097Voluntary non-profit - Church(414) 585-1374
- Ascension Se Wisconsin Hospital - St Joseph CampusAcute Care Hospitals 7.97 miles away5000 W Chambers St Milwaukee Wisconsin 53210Voluntary non-profit - Church(414) 447-2130
- Milwaukee County Behavioral Health DivisionPsychiatric 9.93 miles away9455 W Watertown Plank Rd Milwaukee Wisconsin 53226Government - Local(414) 257-5202
- Childrens Hospital of WisconsinChildrens 10.33 miles away9000 W Wisconsin Ave Milwaukee Wisconsin 53226Voluntary non-profit - Other(414) 266-2000
- Froedtert Memorial Lutheran HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 10.34 miles away9200 W Wisconsin Ave Milwaukee Wisconsin 53226Voluntary non-profit - Private(414) 805-3000
- Ascension Columbia St Mary's Hospital MilwaukeeAcute Care Hospitals 10.71 miles away2323 N Lake Dr Milwaukee Wisconsin 53211Voluntary non-profit - Church(414) 585-1374
- Aurora West Allis Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 12.79 miles away8901 W Lincoln Ave Milwaukee Wisconsin 53227Voluntary non-profit - Private(414) 328-6000
- Aurora St Lukes Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 13.99 miles away2900 W Oklahoma Ave Milwaukee Wisconsin 53215Voluntary non-profit - Private(414) 649-6000
- Chicot Dialysis LLC0.14 miles away9127 N 76th St Milwaukee Wisconsin 53223Dialysis Stations: 20 (414) 354-4319
- Fresenius Medical Care Midwest Good Hope2.46 miles away7701 W Clinton Ave Milwaukee Wisconsin 53223Dialysis Stations: 19 (414) 760-3090
- Davita - West Appleton4.74 miles away10130 W Appleton Ave, Suite 500 Milwaukee Wisconsin 53225CMS Rating: 2 stars Dialysis Stations: 26 (414) 393-0600
- Total Renal Care Inc5.02 miles awayn87 w17301 Main St Menomonee Falls Wisconsin 53051CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 12 (262) 253-9768
- Ara - Milwaukee5.13 miles awayMilwaukee Dialysis Center 4775 N Green Bay Ave Milwaukee Wisconsin 53209CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 21 (414) 265-1700
- Fresenius Medical Care Milwaukee, LLC5.55 miles away2615 W Silver Spring Dr Milwaukee Wisconsin 53209Dialysis Stations: 18 (414) 461-2649
- Davita - Bay Shore5.78 miles away5650 N Green Bay Ave #150 Milwaukee Wisconsin 53209CMS Rating: 2 stars Dialysis Stations: 28 (414) 351-1290
- Fresenius Medical Care Midwest Appleton Ave6.26 miles away7793 W Appleton Ave Milwaukee Wisconsin 53222CMS Rating: 1 stars Dialysis Stations: 19 (414) 464-0820