Alexian Village of Milwaukee is an average-sized non-profit nursing home located in Milwaukee, Wisconsin. We awarded this facility an overall grade of B+. A score of this caliber requires favorable scores in most areas. Based on our analysis, you can do much worse than this nursing home. This place's impressive profile was highlighted by its short-term care grade, which you can find in the next section.
Alexian Village of Milwaukee
- Nursing Home
- Independent Living
- Assisted Living
Updated Sep 1, 2022 by Nick Lata
9255 N 76th St,
Milwaukee WI 53223
43.7% estimated occupancy 1
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- Is CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- Non profit - Corporation
- Offers Hospice
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Personal Care
- Medication Management
- Home Making
- Medical Transportation
- Speech Therapy
- Stroke Recovery
- IV Antibiotic Therapy
- Wound Care
- Occupational Therapy
- Mental Health
- Diabetes Management
- Physical Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
- Recreational Therapy
Registered Staff Hours
Short-term Care Quality
On top of receiving a strong overall score, this facility fared well in our short-term care category. In fact, we awarded it an A for that category, which is one of our best grades. In determining our short-term care scores, we assess the nursing home's levels of skilled nursing, which includes registered nurses, physical therapists occupational therapists and other highly trained professionals. This area is more often than not a fair measure of a nursing home's ability to rehabilitate patients. Fortunately, it appear that this nursing home employs registered nurses. Not all nursing homes employs these types of nurses. However, based on the data they provided, it does not look like the facility employs physical therapists. Lastly, we assessed the percentage of patients who were able to return to the community from this facility. We found that 6 percent of this nursing home's patients returned home.
Among this facility's other strengths is its elite nursing grade. We awarded them one of our better scores in that area, with a grade of A-. Nursing ratings are mostly associated with the nursing home's nurse staffing. This facility provided 0.4 hours of nursing care per resident per day. Finally, we also looked at some nursing quality measures in determining our nursing grades. This nursing home performed very well in the area of minimizing its residents' major falls and pressure ulcers. We consider these areas to be good indicators of the quality of nursing care.
Does this page answer your questions about Alexian Village of Milwaukee?
This facility received a good score in the area of inspections as well. In fact, we awarded it a B- for that category, which is one of our better scores. Our inspection ratings are tied to several pieces of information found on the a nursing home's recent inspection reports. Deficiencies are an important item to look for on these inspections. Severe deficiencies indicate a threat to resident safety. This particular nursing home received 3 deficiencies on its inspection report. Overall, this is still a good inspection report, but we'd always recommend looking into any deficiencies you find troubling.
Long-term Care Quality
The last area we rated was long-term care, in which this nursing home was awarded a B-. Although this is its poorest category score, this is nevertheless not a major area of concern. Long-term care scores are based on a nursing home's volume of nursing care. This means a broad spectrum of personal care services, ranging from help with activities of daily living to routine medical services. On top of looking at the amount of care provided by aids and other staff, we also looked at the percentage of residents vaccinated against pneumonia. This nursing home gave the vaccine to 92 percent of its patients. This is somewhat below what we anticipated but still a decent percentage. Nevertheless, this facility keeps its patients out of the hospital. Indeed, it had less than one hospitalization per one thousand long-term resident days, which is a remarkably low number.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Alexian Village of Milwaukee Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Alexian Village of Milwaukee, 6.93% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This gauges the percentage of long-term care patients that suffered from new or worsened pressure ulcers. Many experts believe that pressure ulcers are a great measure of a facility's nursing care quality.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Alexian Village of Milwaukee, 3.27% of Patients had Serious Falls
This tells you the percent of residents that suffered from a fall resulting in serious injury.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Alexian Village of Milwaukee, 3.19% of Patients had UTIs
This tells you the percent of patients that have had a urinary tract infection. UTI's are considered by many experts to be a measure of nursing care . UTI's are often the result of a nursing home with worse hygiene protocols. However, this metric may be misleading for some nursing homes due to different reporting standards for infections.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Alexian Village of Milwaukee, 13.83% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This figure gauges the percent of long-term residents receiving antipsychotic drugs. While antipsychotic drugs play an important role in caring for many residents, it is important to make sure these drugs are being used only where medically required. In some cases, excessive reliance on these medications may mean a nursing home is using these drugs to subdue residents.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Alexian Village of Milwaukee, 15.45% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This tells you the percent of residents who were prescribed antianxiety medications. Antianxiety medications are administered to residents experiencing anxiety or depression.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Alexian Village of Milwaukee, 6.26% of Patients
This is a measure of the percent of long-term care patients showing depressive symptoms.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Alexian Village of Milwaukee, 92.96% of Patients
This metric measures the percent of long-term patients that have received the pneumonia and flu vaccines. Respiratory viruses can be deadly for seniors, making these vaccines vital to patient safety.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Alexian Village of Milwaukee, 13.23% Percentage of Patients
This indicates the percentage of patients that required increased assistance with activities of daily living over time.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Alexian Village of Milwaukee, 20.17% Percentage of Residents
This is a measure of the percentage of long-term stay residents that remained mobile levels. Many in the industry argue that mobility is critical to residents' mental and physical health.
In Alexian Village of Milwaukee, 1.28 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
This tells you the number of hospitalizations per 1,000 days of care.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Alexian Village of Milwaukee, 20.17 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This metric measures the number of times residents are rehospitalized per thousand days of short-term patient care. Keeping residents out of the hospital during rehabilitation is key to restoring the physical well-being of patients.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Alexian Village of Milwaukee, 13.08 Percentage of Patients
This metric is a measure of the number of times residents are sent to the emergency room per thousand days of short-term patient care.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Alexian Village of Milwaukee, 75.51% Percentage of Resident
This datapoint measures the percent of short-term care residents that experienced functional improvements, such as enhanced ability to perform activities of daily living. Many in the industry believe that this is a reasonable measure of a nursing home's rehabilitation performance.
Scores for Milwaukee, WI
- Overall Rating has a grade of B-minus
- Nurse Rating has a grade of B
- Long-term Care Rating has a grade of C
- Short-term Care Rating has a grade of B
- Inspection Rating has a grade of B
Looking for more options? Milwaukee, Wisconsin has 23 other nursing homes
- Ascension Columbia St Mary's Hospital OzaukeeAcute Care Hospitals 6.28 miles away13111 N Port Washington Rd Mequon Wisconsin 53097Voluntary non-profit - Church(414) 585-1374
- Ascension Se Wisconsin Hospital - St Joseph CampusAcute Care Hospitals 7.97 miles away5000 W Chambers St Milwaukee Wisconsin 53210Voluntary non-profit - Church(414) 447-2130
- Milwaukee County Behavioral Health DivisionPsychiatric 9.93 miles away9455 W Watertown Plank Rd Milwaukee Wisconsin 53226Government - Local(414) 257-5202
- Childrens Hospital of WisconsinChildrens 10.33 miles away9000 W Wisconsin Ave Milwaukee Wisconsin 53226Voluntary non-profit - Other(414) 266-2000
- Froedtert Memorial Lutheran HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 10.34 miles away9200 W Wisconsin Ave Milwaukee Wisconsin 53226Voluntary non-profit - Private(414) 805-3000
- Ascension Columbia St Mary's Hospital MilwaukeeAcute Care Hospitals 10.71 miles away2323 N Lake Dr Milwaukee Wisconsin 53211Voluntary non-profit - Church(414) 585-1374
- Aurora West Allis Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 12.79 miles away8901 W Lincoln Ave Milwaukee Wisconsin 53227Voluntary non-profit - Private(414) 328-6000
- Aurora St Lukes Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 13.99 miles away2900 W Oklahoma Ave Milwaukee Wisconsin 53215Voluntary non-profit - Private(414) 649-6000
- Chicot Dialysis LLC0.14 miles away9127 N 76th St Milwaukee Wisconsin 53223Dialysis Stations: 20 (414) 354-4319
- Fresenius Medical Care Midwest Good Hope2.46 miles away7701 W Clinton Ave Milwaukee Wisconsin 53223Dialysis Stations: 19 (414) 760-3090
- Davita - West Appleton4.74 miles away10130 W Appleton Ave, Suite 500 Milwaukee Wisconsin 53225CMS Rating: 2 stars Dialysis Stations: 26 (414) 393-0600
- Total Renal Care Inc5.02 miles awayn87 w17301 Main St Menomonee Falls Wisconsin 53051CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 12 (262) 253-9768
- Ara - Milwaukee5.13 miles awayMilwaukee Dialysis Center 4775 N Green Bay Ave Milwaukee Wisconsin 53209CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 21 (414) 265-1700
- Fresenius Medical Care Milwaukee, LLC5.55 miles away2615 W Silver Spring Dr Milwaukee Wisconsin 53209Dialysis Stations: 18 (414) 461-2649
- Davita - Bay Shore5.78 miles away5650 N Green Bay Ave #150 Milwaukee Wisconsin 53209CMS Rating: 2 stars Dialysis Stations: 28 (414) 351-1290
- Fresenius Medical Care Midwest Appleton Ave6.26 miles away7793 W Appleton Ave Milwaukee Wisconsin 53222CMS Rating: 1 stars Dialysis Stations: 19 (414) 464-0820