Alden Poplar Creek Rehab & Hcc is a very-large nursing home located in Hoffman Estate, Illinois. With an overall score of C, this is likely a solid nursing home. Based on our assessment, this facility has some redeeming qualities. This nursing home didn't excel in all of our categories, but it did not receive any terrible grades either. Additional information about its category grades can be found below.
Alden Poplar Creek Rehab & Hcc
- Nursing Home
- Memory Care
Updated Jun 1, 2022 by Nick Lata
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- Is CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- For profit - Corporation
- Offers Hospice
- Offers Post-Acute Care
- Offers Respite Care
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Personal Care
- Medication Management
- Home Making
- Speech Therapy
- Stroke Recovery
- IV Antibiotic Therapy
- Wound Care
- Occupational Therapy
- Cardiac Therapy
- Mental Health
- Diabetes Management
- Physical Therapy
- Respiratory Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
- Recreational Therapy
- Pain Management
- Colostomy Care
- Orthopedic Rehabilitation
- Radiation Therapy
Registered Staff Hours
Part of the reason this proved to be a decent nursing home is it earned a very favorable nursing rating. In fact, its nursing rating ended up being its best category. In this area, we gave this facility a grade of B+. Our nursing grade assesses the nursing home's level of nurse staffing. We consider both the levels of training of those nurses and the quantity of hours spent with patients. This particular nursing home provided 0.3 hours of nursing care per resident per day. Finally, our nursing grades also factor in quality-based assessments, such as avoiding major falls. This place performed well in this area. Avoiding major falls is typically a good indicator that a place has reliable quality controls in place. Major falls can many times be prevented if more nurses aids and better safety protocols are in place.
Short-term Care Quality
Another one of this nursing home's higher category grades came in the category of short-term care. In that area, we awarded this facility a B. In our short-term care category, we endeavor to forge a valuable barometer for rehabilitation services. In doing so, we analyze the nursing home's levels of highly-skilled nursing services, including both registered nurses and physical therapy, as well as occupational therapy. Fortunately, it looks like this facility has registered nurses on staff. Not all nursing homes employs these skilled professionals. On the other hand, according to the information this nursing home provided, it does not look like the facility employs physical therapists. The final measure we considered in this area is the number of patients who were able to leave the facility and return home. We found that 5.1 percent of this nursing home's patients were able to return home.
Does this page answer your questions about Alden Poplar Creek Rehab & Hcc?
This nursing home earned a solid inspection report this year as well, with few dings from the applicable government inspectors. As a result, it earned one of our better grades in that category with a score of B-. Inspection scores weigh several factors found on a nursing home's inspection report. One key criteria we rely on is the quantity and severity of deficiencies. This facility was hit with 2 deficiencies on its inspection report, but we were relieved to see that none of the deficiencies were considered severe. This means that the inspectors did not deem any of these deficiencies an immediate threat to patient safety or health. A few minor deficiencies should not stop you from considering a nursing home.
Long-term Care Quality
This nursing home's least impressive area is long-term care, which is the final area we looked at. For this category, we gave this facility a grade of just D. For residents seeking a permanent residence as opposed to skilled nursing, long-term care is a very important category. On top of looking at the quantity of care provided by nurses aids and other staff, we looked at the number of residents vaccinated for pneumonia. This nursing home gave the vaccine to 98.890945 percent of its patients. Surprisingly, this nursing home was able to limit hospitalizations. With only 0 hospitalizations per 1,000 long-term resident days, this facility had less hospitalizations than the average nursing home. Sadly, a few of its other scores in the category weren't as favorable as these.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Alden Poplar Creek Rehab & Hcc Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Alden Poplar Creek Rehab & Hcc, 8.94% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This metric gauges the percentage of long-term residents that are suffering from pressure ulcers or bed sores. We factor in this statistic in computing our nursing grades.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Alden Poplar Creek Rehab & Hcc, 3.47% of Patients had Serious Falls
This figure gauges the percent of long-term residents who have had falls leading to major injury. Falls can arise for a variety of reasons, but high rates of falls resulting in injuries could be an indicator of lower levels of patient supervision.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Alden Poplar Creek Rehab & Hcc, 2.6% of Patients had UTIs
This statistic measures the percentage of long-term care patients which sustained UTI's. UTI's may be an indicator of a nursing home with worse hygiene protocols. Nevertheless, this metric can be skewed for certain facilities due to different reporting standards for urinary tract infections.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Alden Poplar Creek Rehab & Hcc, 18.4% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This metric indicates the percentage of long-term care patients receiving antipsychotic drugs. While antipsychotic drugs play an important role in caring for many residents, it is important to make sure these drugs are being used appropriately. In some situations, excessive reliance on these medications may indicate a nursing home is using these drugs to subdue residents.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Alden Poplar Creek Rehab & Hcc, 19.11% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This indicates the percentage of patients who were given antianxiety drugs. These medications are generally prescribed to patients suffering from anxiety and depression.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Alden Poplar Creek Rehab & Hcc, 29.8% of Patients
This indicates the percent of residents who are showing signs of depression. High rates of depression could reveal a less hospitable environment.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Alden Poplar Creek Rehab & Hcc, 87.49% of Patients
This indicates the percent of patients who were given the pneumonia and flu vaccines. Higher vaccination rates should be the norm at this point.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Alden Poplar Creek Rehab & Hcc, 14.23% Percentage of Patients
This metric measures the percentage of long-term stay residents who needed more assistance with activities of daily living over time. ADL's include activities such as dressing and continence.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Alden Poplar Creek Rehab & Hcc, 19.34% Percentage of Residents
This datapoint measures the percentage of long-term care residents who retained mobility levels.
In Alden Poplar Creek Rehab & Hcc, 1.51 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
Measures the number of hospitalizations per 1,000 days of patient care. Avoiding the hospital is key to maintaining the physical well-being of residents.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Alden Poplar Creek Rehab & Hcc, 19.34 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This metric tracks the number of rehospitalizations per thousand days of short-term patient care. Avoiding rehospitalizations during rehabilitation is critical to restoring the health of residents.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Alden Poplar Creek Rehab & Hcc, 11.45 Percentage of Patients
This tells you the number of emergency room visits per thousand days of short-term care.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Alden Poplar Creek Rehab & Hcc, 71.39% Percentage of Resident
Measures the percent of short-term patients who saw functional improvements, such as with activities of daily living. Many believe this is a reliable measure of a facility's rehabilitation services.
- St Alexius Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 0.05 miles away1555 N Barrington Rd Hoffman Estate Illinois 60169Voluntary non-profit - Church(847) 843-2000
- Bhc Streamwood Hospital IncPsychiatric 3.06 miles away1400 E Irving Park Road Streamwood Illinois 60107Proprietary(630) 837-9000
- Alexian Brothers Medical Center 1Acute Care Hospitals 7.4 miles away800 W Biesterfield Rd Elk Grove Village Illinois 60007Voluntary non-profit - Church(847) 437-5500
- Northwest Community Hospital 1Acute Care Hospitals 7.83 miles away800 W Central Road Arlington Heights Illinois 60005Voluntary non-profit - Private(847) 618-1000
- Presence Saint Joseph Hospital - ElginAcute Care Hospitals 9.46 miles away77 N Airlite Street Elgin Illinois 60123Voluntary non-profit - Church(847) 695-3200
- Sherman HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 9.65 miles away1425 North Randall Road Elgin Illinois 60123Voluntary non-profit - Private(847) 742-9800
- Advocate Good Shepherd HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 9.96 miles away450 West Highway 22 Barrington Illinois 60010Voluntary non-profit - Church(847) 381-9600
- Central Dupage HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 12.34 miles away25 North Winfield Road Winfield Illinois 60190Voluntary non-profit - Private(630) 682-1600
- Ara - South Barrington Dialysis Center1.62 miles away33 W Higgins Road, Suites 920-945 Barrington Illinois 60010Dialysis Stations: 14 (847) 783-4700
- Fmc - Hoffman Estates2.8 miles away3150 W Higgins Rd Suite 190 Schaumburg Illinois 60195CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 20 (847) 310-0074
- Usrc - Streamwood Dialysis3.5 miles away149 Irving Park Streamwood Illinois 60107Dialysis Stations: 13 (630) 289-2104
- Fmc - Schaumburg3.99 miles away815 West Wise Road Schaumburg Illinois 60193Dialysis Stations: 12 (847) 534-0190
- Davita - Schaumburg Renal Center4.55 miles away1156 S. Roselle Rd. Schaumburg Illinois 60193CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 22 (847) 524-4310
- Davita - Cobblestone Dialysis6.47 miles away836 Dundee Ave. Elgin Illinois 60120CMS Rating: 2 stars Dialysis Stations: 16 (847) 888-9386
- Fmc - Rolling Meadows7.1 miles away4180 Winnetka Ave. Rolling Meadows Illinois 60008CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 24 (847) 394-6250
- Fmc - Elk Grove Dialysis Ctr7.27 miles away901 Biesterfield Road Ste 400 Elk Grove Village Illinois 60007CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 28 (847) 437-0824