Advanced Health Care of Summerlin is located in Las Vegas, Nevada. This city is among the largest cities in the nation with has a population of 1,417,793 people. Sporting an overall rating of A-, it is actually one of the ten highest rated facilities in Las Vegas. Las Vegas features a slew of other nursing homes, but it is doubtful you will need to check out too many others. This one looks like a first class option. This facility's strong report card was highlighted by its short-term care score, which you can find in the next section.
Advanced Health Care of Summerlin
- Nursing Home
Updated Jun 1, 2022 by Nick Lata
- Accepts Medicare 1
- No Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- No Resident Council
- No Family Council
- For profit - Corporation
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Offers Outpatient Rehab
- Speech Therapy
- Occupational Therapy
- Physical Therapy
Registered Staff Hours
Short-term Care Quality
On top of performing well overall, this facility received high marks in our short-term care category as well. As a result, it received our highest score in that category with a score of A+. Short-term care grades are based on a nursing home's quantity of skilled skilled healthcare professionals. This includes a broad scope of services, ranging from registered nurses to physical and speech therapists, in addition to other types of therapy. Fortunately, it appear that this nursing home has registered nurses on staff. Not all nursing homes employs these skilled professionals. However, based on the information this nursing home provided, it does not look like the facility employs physical therapists. Finally, we looked at the number of residents who who were able to eventually return home from this nursing home. We found that 6.7 percent of this facility's patients returned home.
This facility also excelled in the area of nursing, where it received a grade of A. Few nursing homes performed better in this area. Our nursing rating analyzes the nursing home's nurse staffing levels. We consider both the levels of licensure of the nurses and the number of hours spent with patients. This particular nursing home provided 0.6 hours of nursing care per resident per day. Lastly, we also looked at some nursing quality-based metrics in determining our nursing grades. This facility performed very well in the area of avoiding pressure ulcers and major falls. We consider these areas to be good indicators of the quality of nursing care.
Does this page answer your questions about Advanced Health Care of Summerlin?
Turning to our inspection category, this nursing home excelled in that area, which is based on the nursing home's recent inspection reports. In fact, we gave it an impressive grade of A for that category. Our inspection grades weigh several factors included in a facility's inspection reports. One of the most important criteria we rely on is the quantity and severity of deficiencies. Facilities with higher grades in this area usually have very few of these severe deficiencies. While this nursing home had a few minor dings on its government inspection report, it had no severe deficiencies. Severe deficiencies are those labeled as categories G through L. This means that CMS didn't deem any of the deficiencies on this facility's report to pose an imminent threat to patient safety or health. A few relatively minor dings aren't the end of the world.
Long-term Care Quality
The final area we assessed ended up being this facility's weakest category. Nevertheless, even in its worst category we still awarded it an acceptable grade of C in long-term care. Our long-term care grades are based on a nursing home's amount of care. This means a vast scope of personal care services, ranging from help with activities of daily living to routine healthcare services. One of the criteria we considered in addition to nursing hours was vaccinations. It doesn't look like this nursing home submitted information about vaccinations. Lastly, this nursing home was able to keep its residents out of the hospital. In fact, it had less than one hospitalization per 1,000 long-term resident days, which is an impressively low figure.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Advanced Health Care of Summerlin Quality Metrics
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Advanced Health Care of Summerlin, 9.79 Percentage of Patients
This indicates the number of emergency room visits per 1,000 days of short-term care.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Advanced Health Care of Summerlin, 68.33% Percentage of Resident
This is a measure of the percent of short-term residents that experienced functional improvements, such as enhanced ability to perform activities of daily living. Many in the industry argue that this is a measure of rehabilitation services.
Scores for Las Vegas, NV
- Overall Rating has a grade of B-minus
- Nurse Rating has a grade of B
- Long-term Care Rating has a grade of C
- Short-term Care Rating has a grade of B
- Inspection Rating has a grade of B-plus
Looking for more options? Las Vegas, Nevada has 28 other nursing homes
- Mountainview HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 0.22 miles away3100 N Tenaya Way Las Vegas Nevada 89128Proprietary(702) 255-5065
- Southern Nevada Adult Mental Health ServicesPsychiatric 3.94 miles away6161 W Charleston Blvd Las Vegas Nevada 89146Government - State(702) 486-6000
- Summerlin Hospital Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 4.31 miles away657 Town Center Drive Las Vegas Nevada 89144Proprietary(702) 233-7500
- Spring Mountain SaharaPsychiatric 5.09 miles away5460 West Sahara Las Vegas Nevada 89146Proprietary(702) 873-2400
- Centennial Hills Hospital Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 5.54 miles away6900 N Durango Dr Las Vegas Nevada 89149Proprietary(702) 835-9700
- Valley Hospital Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 5.81 miles away620 Shadow Lane Las Vegas Nevada 89106Proprietary(702) 388-4000
- University Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 6 miles away1800 W Charleston Blvd Las Vegas Nevada 89102Government - Local(702) 383-2000
- North Vista HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 7.16 miles away1409 East Lake Mead Blvd North Las Vegas Nevada 89030Voluntary non-profit - Private(702) 657-5504
- Northwest Las Vegas Dialysis (Fmc)0.28 miles away3150 N Tenaya Way Ste 110 Las Vegas Nevada 89128CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 14 (702) 233-8801
- Pelican Point Dialysis0.52 miles away7316 W Cheyenne Ave Las Vegas Nevada 89129Dialysis Stations: 25 (702) 395-0227
- Five Star Dialysis Center (Dva)0.63 miles away2400 Tech Center Ct Las Vegas Nevada 89128CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 28 (702) 869-3771
- Fire Mesa Dialysis (Fmc)0.63 miles away2450 Fire Mesa St Ste 120 Las Vegas Nevada 89128CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 24 (702) 384-2242
- Cheyenne Dialysis (Dva)0.81 miles away3291 N Buffalo Dr Las Vegas Nevada 89129CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 24 (702) 396-1045
- American Dialysis Centers North Las Vegas LLC3.08 miles away4107 W Cheyenne Avenue North Las Vegas Nevada 89032Dialysis Stations: 31 (702) 383-9741
- Las Vegas Dialysis Center (Dva)4.11 miles away150 S Valley View Blvd Las Vegas Nevada 89107CMS Rating: 2 stars Dialysis Stations: 40 (702) 878-0908
- Centennial Dialysis (Fmc)4.32 miles away7465 W Azure Dr Ste 1a Las Vegas Nevada 89130CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 24 (702) 395-2602