Advanced Health Care of Summerlin is located in Las Vegas, Nevada. This city is among the largest cities in the nation with has a population of 1,417,793 people. This facility was given an overall score of A-. As a matter of fact, this proved to be ranked among the five highest rated facilities in Las Vegas. Las Vegas features a host of other nursing homes, but it is doubtful you will need to look at too many others. This one looks like a first-rate option. This nursing home's strong profile was highlighted by its short-term care score, which is addressed in the next paragraph.
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
Advanced Health Care of Summerlin
- Nursing Home
Updated Apr 1, 2023 by Nick Reese
Get pricing and details on Las Vegas senior living options.Get Pricing
- Accepts Medicare 1
- No Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- No Resident Council
- No Family Council
- For profit - Limited Liability company
- Offers Post-Acute Care
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Offers Outpatient Rehab
- Speech Therapy
- Occupational Therapy
- Physical Therapy
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
Top Nursing Home in Nevada Awards 2020
Best Nursing Home in Nevada Awards 2021
Registered Staff Hours
Short-term Care Quality
One of the many reasons this turned out to be a great nursing home is that it received an A+ short-term care grade. This is simply as good as it gets in this category. With our short-term care rating, we seek to craft a valuable barometer for rehabilitation services. In this process, we look at the facility's levels of highly-skilled nursing services, including both registered nurses and physical therapy, as well as speech therapy. Fortunately, it looks like this facility has registered nurses on staff. Not all nursing homes employs these skilled professionals. On the other hand, based on the data this nursing home provided, they do not appear to employ physical therapists. The final datapoint we looked at in this category is the percentage of patients who were able to leave the facility and return to the community. We found that 6.2 percent of this nursing home's patients were able to return home.
Adding to its strong resume, this facility also received an excellent nursing score, with a grade of A. Our nursing grade is mostly associated with a nursing home's level of nurse staffing. This nursing home provides 0.6 hours of nursing care per resident per day. Finally, we also looked at several nursing quality measures and this nursing home excelled in some of these areas. With less than five percent of its residents sustaining pressure ulcers, it performed as well as any place the country in this category. This is generally a good indicator of quality nursing care. Pressure ulcers can generally be prevented by providing better nursing care, such as by employing a system of moving a patient more often.
Does this page answer your questions about Advanced Health Care of Summerlin?
Turning to our inspection category, this nursing home excelled in that area, which is based on the nursing home's recent government inspection reports. In fact, we gave it an A for that category. Inspection scores weigh a host of factors found on a facility's inspection report. One key criteria we weigh heavily is the number and severity of deficiencies. Nursing homes with higher scores in this area tend to have very few severe deficiencies. While this facility had some minor dings on its report, it had zero severe deficiencies. Severe deficiencies are found in categories G, H, I, J, K and L. This means CMS didn't deem any of the deficiencies on this facility's report to pose an imminent threat to patient health or safety. We should note that deficiency-free inspections are uncommon in this industry.
Long-term Care Quality
Switching gears to our last area, this nursing home received a decent long-term care grade. Although this is not quite as impressive as many of its other scores, this is still a middle of the pack score. Long-term care grades are based on the nursing home's amount of nursing services. This means a vast scope of personal care services, ranging from help with activities of daily living to routine medical services. After assessing the quantity of care provided by nurses aids and other staff, we then analyzed the nursing home's vaccination data. We were not able to find information on vaccination rates. Lastly, this facility was able to limit hospitalizations. It had only 0 hospitalizations per one thousand long-term resident days, which is an impressively low number.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Advanced Health Care of Summerlin Quality Metrics
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Advanced Health Care of Summerlin, 8.51% of Patients
This indicates the number of emergency room visits per thousand days of short-term care.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Advanced Health Care of Summerlin, 68.55% of Resident
This tells you the percent of short-term patients that experienced functional improvements, such as with activities of daily living. High levels of autonomy with ADL's usually correlates with successful rehabilitation.
Scores for Las Vegas, NV
- Overall Rating has a grade of B
- Nurse Rating has a grade of B-plus
- Long-term Care Rating has a grade of C
- Short-term Care Rating has a grade of B-plus
- Inspection Rating has a grade of B-plus
Looking for more options? Las Vegas, Nevada has 13 other nursing homes
- Mountainview HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 0.22 miles away3100 N Tenaya Way Las Vegas Nevada 89128Proprietary(702) 255-5065
- Southern Nevada Adult Mental Health ServicesPsychiatric 3.94 miles away6161 W Charleston Blvd Las Vegas Nevada 89146Government - State(702) 486-6000
- Summerlin Hospital Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 4.31 miles away657 Town Center Drive Las Vegas Nevada 89144Proprietary(702) 233-7500
- Spring Mountain SaharaPsychiatric 5.09 miles away5460 West Sahara Las Vegas Nevada 89146Proprietary(702) 873-2400
- Centennial Hills Hospital Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 5.54 miles away6900 N Durango Dr Las Vegas Nevada 89149Proprietary(702) 835-9700
- Valley Hospital Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 5.81 miles away620 Shadow Lane Las Vegas Nevada 89106Proprietary(702) 388-4000
- University Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 6 miles away1800 W Charleston Blvd Las Vegas Nevada 89102Government - Local(702) 383-2000
- North Vista HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 7.16 miles away1409 East Lake Mead Blvd North Las Vegas Nevada 89030Voluntary non-profit - Private(702) 657-5504
- Northwest Las Vegas Dialysis (Fmc)0.28 miles away3150 N Tenaya Way Ste 110 Las Vegas Nevada 89128CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 14 (702) 233-8801
- Pelican Point Dialysis0.52 miles away7316 W Cheyenne Ave Las Vegas Nevada 89129Dialysis Stations: 25 (702) 395-0227
- Five Star Dialysis Center (Dva)0.63 miles away2400 Tech Center Ct Las Vegas Nevada 89128CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 28 (702) 869-3771
- Fire Mesa Dialysis (Fmc)0.63 miles away2450 Fire Mesa St Ste 120 Las Vegas Nevada 89128CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 24 (702) 384-2242
- Cheyenne Dialysis (Dva)0.81 miles away3291 N Buffalo Dr Las Vegas Nevada 89129CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 24 (702) 396-1045
- American Dialysis Centers North Las Vegas LLC3.08 miles away4107 W Cheyenne Avenue North Las Vegas Nevada 89032Dialysis Stations: 31 (702) 383-9741
- Las Vegas Dialysis Center (Dva)4.11 miles away150 S Valley View Blvd Las Vegas Nevada 89107CMS Rating: 2 stars Dialysis Stations: 40 (702) 878-0908
- Centennial Dialysis (Fmc)4.32 miles away7465 W Azure Dr Ste 1a Las Vegas Nevada 89130CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 24 (702) 395-2602