Advanced Health Care of Summerlin is located in Las Vegas, Nevada. This city is among the largest cities in the nation with has a population of 1,417,793 people. This facility was given an overall score of A-. As a matter of fact, this proved to be ranked among the ten highest rated facilities in Las Vegas. Las Vegas features a host of other nursing homes, but it is doubtful you will need to look at too many others. This one looks like a first-rate option. This nursing home's strong profile was highlighted by its short-term care score, which is addressed in the next paragraph.
Advanced Health Care of Summerlin
- Nursing Home
Updated Sep 1, 2022 by Nick Reese
2860 N Tenaya Way,
Las Vegas NV 89128
95.26% estimated occupancy 1
- Accepts Medicare 1
- No Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- No Resident Council
- No Family Council
- For profit - Corporation
- Offers Post-Acute Care
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Offers Outpatient Rehab
- Speech Therapy
- Occupational Therapy
- Physical Therapy
Top Nursing Home in Nevada Awards 2020
Best Nursing Home in Nevada Awards 2021
Registered Staff Hours
Short-term Care Quality
One of the many reasons this turned out to be a great nursing home is that it received an A+ short-term care grade. This is simply as good as it gets in this category. With our short-term care rating, we seek to craft a valuable barometer for rehabilitation services. In this process, we look at the facility's levels of highly-skilled nursing services, including both registered nurses and physical therapy, as well as speech therapy. Fortunately, it looks like this facility has registered nurses on staff. Not all nursing homes employs these skilled professionals. On the other hand, based on the data this nursing home provided, they do not appear to employ physical therapists. The final datapoint we looked at in this category is the percentage of patients who were able to leave the facility and return to the community. We found that 6.2 percent of this nursing home's patients were able to return home.
Adding to its impressive category grades, this nursing home excelled in the area of inspections, where it received an A. Not many nursing homes performed better in this area. Our inspection ratings account for several factors included in a nursing home's inspection reports. One key criteria we consider is the quantity and severity of deficiencies. Places with higher scores in this area usually have few of these severe deficiencies. This facility received 6 deficiencies on its inspection report, but fortunately none of the deficiencies were considered to be major deficiencies. This indicates that CMS did not consider any of the deficiencies an immediate risk to resident health or safety. A couple minor deficiencies are not necessarily the end of the world.
Does this page answer your questions about Advanced Health Care of Summerlin?
Adding to its impressive resume, this nursing home also excelled in our nursing category. In fact, we awarded it a grade of A for that category. There are several criteria within this area. Most of the subcategories reflect levels of nurse staffing. This nursing home provides 0.6 hours of nursing care per resident per day. Finally, we also assessed several nursing quality measures and this nursing home excelled in some of these areas. With less than five percent of its residents sustaining pressure ulcers, it performed as well as any nursing home the nation in this category. This is generally a good indicator of quality nursing care. Pressure ulcers can many times be avoided by providing better nursing care, such as by having a policy of turning a resident at least once a day.
Long-term Care Quality
The final category we graded is long-term care. In this category, we awarded this nursing home a solid grade of C. This actually proved to be this nursing home's weakest category. Long-term care grades are essential for patients in need of non-healthcare services such as personal care. Once we assessed the quantity of care provided by nurses aids and other staff, we then looked at the facility's vaccination record. It does not appear that this nursing home provided information on its vaccination levels. Lastly, this facility was able to limit hospitalizations. It had only 0 hospitalizations per one thousand long-term resident days, which is an impressively low number.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Advanced Health Care of Summerlin Quality Metrics
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Advanced Health Care of Summerlin, 9.64 Percentage of Patients
This indicates the number of emergency room visits per thousand days of short-term care.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Advanced Health Care of Summerlin, 68.66% Percentage of Resident
This tells you the percent of short-term patients that experienced functional improvements, such as with activities of daily living. High levels of autonomy with ADL's usually correlates with successful rehabilitation.
Scores for Las Vegas, NV
- Overall Rating has a grade of B
- Nurse Rating has a grade of B-plus
- Long-term Care Rating has a grade of C
- Short-term Care Rating has a grade of B-plus
- Inspection Rating has a grade of B-plus
Looking for more options? Las Vegas, Nevada has 28 other nursing homes
- Mountainview HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 0.22 miles away3100 N Tenaya Way Las Vegas Nevada 89128Proprietary(702) 255-5065
- Southern Nevada Adult Mental Health ServicesPsychiatric 3.94 miles away6161 W Charleston Blvd Las Vegas Nevada 89146Government - State(702) 486-6000
- Summerlin Hospital Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 4.31 miles away657 Town Center Drive Las Vegas Nevada 89144Proprietary(702) 233-7500
- Spring Mountain SaharaPsychiatric 5.09 miles away5460 West Sahara Las Vegas Nevada 89146Proprietary(702) 873-2400
- Centennial Hills Hospital Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 5.54 miles away6900 N Durango Dr Las Vegas Nevada 89149Proprietary(702) 835-9700
- Valley Hospital Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 5.81 miles away620 Shadow Lane Las Vegas Nevada 89106Proprietary(702) 388-4000
- University Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 6 miles away1800 W Charleston Blvd Las Vegas Nevada 89102Government - Local(702) 383-2000
- North Vista HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 7.16 miles away1409 East Lake Mead Blvd North Las Vegas Nevada 89030Voluntary non-profit - Private(702) 657-5504
- Northwest Las Vegas Dialysis (Fmc)0.28 miles away3150 N Tenaya Way Ste 110 Las Vegas Nevada 89128CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 14 (702) 233-8801
- Pelican Point Dialysis0.52 miles away7316 W Cheyenne Ave Las Vegas Nevada 89129Dialysis Stations: 25 (702) 395-0227
- Five Star Dialysis Center (Dva)0.63 miles away2400 Tech Center Ct Las Vegas Nevada 89128CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 28 (702) 869-3771
- Fire Mesa Dialysis (Fmc)0.63 miles away2450 Fire Mesa St Ste 120 Las Vegas Nevada 89128CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 24 (702) 384-2242
- Cheyenne Dialysis (Dva)0.81 miles away3291 N Buffalo Dr Las Vegas Nevada 89129CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 24 (702) 396-1045
- American Dialysis Centers North Las Vegas LLC3.08 miles away4107 W Cheyenne Avenue North Las Vegas Nevada 89032Dialysis Stations: 31 (702) 383-9741
- Las Vegas Dialysis Center (Dva)4.11 miles away150 S Valley View Blvd Las Vegas Nevada 89107CMS Rating: 2 stars Dialysis Stations: 40 (702) 878-0908
- Centennial Dialysis (Fmc)4.32 miles away7465 W Azure Dr Ste 1a Las Vegas Nevada 89130CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 24 (702) 395-2602