With more than 25 options in Fort Wayne, Indiana, Celebrate Senior Living Fort Wayne is one of many nursing homes here. With a really poor overall grade of F, this nursing home didn't fare well in our assessment. Based on our assessment, this place likely isn't a fit for any prospective resident. We would not blame you if you are ready to stop reading and find another nursing home. However, if you want to learn more about this nursing home's category grades, inspection grades are discussed in the next section.
Celebrate Senior Living Fort Wayne
- Nursing Home
- Memory Care
Updated Sep 1, 2022 by Nick Reese
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- Is CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- Non profit - Corporation
- Secure Memory Care
- Offers Hospice
- Offers Respite Care
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Offers Outpatient Rehab
- Personal Care
- Wound Care
- Nutritional Counseling
- Recreational Therapy
Registered Staff Hours
While we graded this facility incredibly poorly overall, it received a fairly respectable inspection report this year. As a result, it received a decent grade in that category with a score of C. Our inspection ratings account for several factors found on a facility's inspection report. One of the most important criteria we weigh heavily is the number and severity of deficiencies. This facility was assessed 7 deficiencies on its inspection report, but fortunately none were in category J, K or L. This means that inspectors did not deem any of the deficiencies to place resident safety or health in immediate harm or jeopardy. Unfortunately, we also need to draw your attention to the fact that this facility received some government fines in recent years.
Short-term Care Quality
Additionally, we gave this facility a rock-bottom F in the category of short-term care. In forming our short-term care grades, we quantify the facility's skilled nursing services, including those performed by registered nurses, speech therapists, physical therapists and other types of skilled professionals. Our purpose is to create a scale for sizing up the rehabilitation services of various nursing homes. Not surprisingly, we found that this nursing home provides far less physical therapist and registered nurse hours per resident than the average facility. Finally, we considered the number of residents who were able to return to the community from this facility. We found that just 0 percent of this facility's patients returned home.
Does this page answer your questions about Celebrate Senior Living Fort Wayne?
We also wanted to point out that this nursing home received an F for its nursing grade. Our nursing rating is largely tied to the nursing home's level of nurse staffing. This place provided just 0.4 hours of nursing care per patient on a daily basis. This is an alarmingly low total. Finally, we also assessed some nursing quality measures in computing our nursing grades. This nursing home performed well when it comes to minimizing its residents' major falls and pressure ulcers. We consider these metrics to be reliable measures of the quality of nursing care.
Long-term Care Quality
Turning to the fourth category, this nursing home really did not perform very well in this category either. Due to a poor grade of F in long-term care, this is about as terrible as it gets. Nursing homes that do not score well in this category often don't provide as much nursing care and also may be struggling in some of the areas of routine medical care we assessed. Once we looked at the amount of care provided by nurses aids and other staff, we next considered the facility's vaccination records. We were somewhat surprised to discover that this facility vaccinated only 79.357796 percent of its patients for pneumonia. To our surprise, this place was actually decent at keeping its patients out of the hospital. In fact, it had just 0.01 hospitalizations per 1,000 long-term resident days. This is its best score in this category.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Celebrate Senior Living Fort Wayne Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Celebrate Senior Living Fort Wayne, 7.44% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This indicates the percentage of patients that sustained a pressure ulcer. Pressure ulcers, which are also known as bed sores, are routinely caused by residents not being moved frequently enough. Better nursing protocols minimizes the percentage of residents in a nursing home who sustain pressure ulcers.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Celebrate Senior Living Fort Wayne, 3.93% of Patients had Serious Falls
This statistic tells you the percent of long-term stay residents that have sustained falls which caused severe injury. Falls can arise for a variety of reasons, but high rates of falls resulting in injuries could be an indicator of lower levels of patient supervision.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Celebrate Senior Living Fort Wayne, 1.87% of Patients had UTIs
This tells you the percentage of patients that sustained a urinary tract infection. These infections are linked to poor hygiene.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Celebrate Senior Living Fort Wayne, 13.18% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This tells you the percent of residents prescribed antipsychotic medications. These medications are sometimes used for several conditions, including cognitive disorders.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Celebrate Senior Living Fort Wayne, 21.77% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This tells you the percentage of patients who were given antianxiety drugs. Antianxiety medications are administered to patients experiencing anxiety and depression.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Celebrate Senior Living Fort Wayne, 12.89% of Patients
This tells you the percent of residents who are demonstrating depressive symptoms. High rates of depression may be an indicator worse patient care.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Celebrate Senior Living Fort Wayne, 91.48% of Patients
This is a measure of the percent of long-term stay residents who were vaccinated against pneumonia and flu.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Celebrate Senior Living Fort Wayne, 15.74% Percentage of Patients
Measures the percent of long-term stay residents who required increased assistance with activities of daily living over time. ADL's include activities such as taking medications and eating. Many in the industry would argue that this is a reasonable measure of a resident's well-being.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Celebrate Senior Living Fort Wayne, 15.7% Percentage of Residents
This indicates the percentage of residents who maintained mobility over time. Optimizing mobility is usually a good sign for residents' well-being.
In Celebrate Senior Living Fort Wayne, 1.46 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
This tells you the number of hospitalizations per thousand days of patient care. There is usually a correlation between staying out of the hospital and the quality of nursing home care.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Celebrate Senior Living Fort Wayne, 15.7 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This is the number of times residents are rehospitalized per 1,000 days of short-term patient care. There is a correlation between avoiding hospitalizations and the quality of rehabilitation services.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Celebrate Senior Living Fort Wayne, 11.29 Percentage of Patients
This is the number of emergency room visits per 1,000 days of short-term care.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Celebrate Senior Living Fort Wayne, 73.78% Percentage of Resident
This is the percent of short-term care residents that saw functional improvements, such as with activities of daily living. Higher levels of autonomy with ADL's typically correlates with better rehabilitation services.
Scores for Fort Wayne, IN
- Overall Rating has a grade of C
- Nurse Rating has a grade of C
- Long-term Care Rating has a grade of C
- Short-term Care Rating has a grade of B-minus
- Inspection Rating has a grade of A-minus
Looking for more options? Fort Wayne, Indiana has 25 other nursing homes
- St Joseph HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 3.05 miles away700 Broadway Fort Wayne Indiana 46802Proprietary(260) 425-3000
- Dupont Hospital LLCAcute Care Hospitals 5.68 miles away2520 E Dupont Rd Fort Wayne Indiana 46825Proprietary(260) 416-3000
- Parkview Regional Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 6.21 miles away11109 Parkview Plaza Drive Fort Wayne Indiana 46845Voluntary non-profit - Private(260) 266-1000
- Orthopaedic Hospital at Parkview North LLCAcute Care Hospitals 6.33 miles away11130 Parkview Circle Dr Fort Wayne Indiana 46845Voluntary non-profit - Private(260) 672-4050
- Lutheran Hospital of IndianaAcute Care Hospitals 8.86 miles away7950 W Jefferson Blvd Fort Wayne Indiana 46804Proprietary(260) 435-7001
- Dekalb HealthAcute Care Hospitals 19.02 miles away1316 E Seventh St Auburn Indiana 46706Voluntary non-profit - Private(260) 925-4600
- Parkview Whitley HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 19.69 miles away1260 E Sr 205 Columbia City Indiana 46725Voluntary non-profit - Private(260) 248-9301
- Davita - Summit City Dialysis0.82 miles away3233 East Coliseum Blvd. Fort Wayne Indiana 46805CMS Rating: 2 stars Dialysis Stations: 25 (260) 373-1599
- Davita - Fort Wayne South4.51 miles away302 E. Pettit Ave. Fort Wayne Indiana 46806CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 20 (260) 456-0451
- Fmc - Canal Dialysis5.41 miles away1308 Minnich Road New Haven Indiana 46774Dialysis Stations: 12 (260) 749-1004
- Fmc - Dupont Dialysis5.53 miles away10204 East Dupont Circle Drive Fort Wayne Indiana 46825CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 12 (260) 489-9255
- Davita - Fort Wayne West5.92 miles away4916 Illinois Road, Suite 118 Fort Wayne Indiana 46804Dialysis Stations: 14 (260) 434-0483
- Davita-Fort Wayne North Dialysis6.07 miles away415 E Dupont Road Fort Wayne Indiana 46825Dialysis Stations: 13 (260) 637-0431
- Randolph Dialysis, LLC6.61 miles away6721 Old Trail Road Fort Wayne Indiana 46809Dialysis Stations: 12 (260) 478-8582
- Davita - Appleseed6.86 miles away1833 Magnavox Way Fort Wayne Indiana 46804Dialysis Stations: 4 (260) 432-1036