Woodridge Terrace Nursing and Rehabilitation is an average-sized nursing home in Commerce City, Colorado. We gave this facility an F, which is really a rock-bottom score in our grading scheme. If you are not satisfied with this facility's pedestrian overall grade, you may have to look in other cities as this is the only nursing home in Commerce City. Although this place received a single encouraging category score for nursing, which you can find more information about below.
Woodridge Terrace Nursing and Rehabilitation
- Nursing Home
Updated Jun 1, 2022 by Nick Reese
Registered Staff Hours
While we graded this facility incredibly poorly overall, it received a fairly respectable nursing grade this year. We gave it a grade of B- in that category. Our nursing grade is primarily tied to a facility's nurse staffing. This nursing home averages just 0.3 hours of nursing care per resident per day. This is a very low figure. Finally, nursing ratings also consider quality-based assessments, such as preventing major falls. Despite not having the most impressive total nursing hours, this place actually performed admirably in the metric of preventing major falls. This is usually a good indicator that a place has sufficient quality controls in place. Some falls could be avoided if a facility provides enough nurses aids to assist its residents.
Short-term Care Quality
Unfortunately, this nursing home only received a grade of D for its short-term care grade, which turns out to be one of its more favorable category grades. Our short-term care ratings are based on the facility's quantity of highly-skilled skilled healthcare professionals. This means a broad spectrum of nursing services, ranging from registered nurses to physical and occupational therapists, not to mention other types of therapy. With a score of this caliber for this category, we weren't shocked to discover that this place was well below average in multiple staffing areas we assess. In fact, it provided substantially fewer physical therapist and registered nurse hours per patient than most facilities. Finally, we looked at the percentage of residents who were able to return home from this facility. This nursing home didn't fare well here either. In fact, we found that just 3.8 percent of this facility's patients were able to return home. This figure was well off the national average.
Does this page answer your questions about Woodridge Terrace Nursing and Rehabilitation?
We also wanted to draw your attention to this nursing home's inspection grades where it received an F. This generally means we found some red flags on the inspection reports. For nursing homes that received this poor of an inspection score, we recommend scrutinizing the severe deficiencies on its inspection report. This facility was hit with a category G through L deficiency, which are among the more severe categories of deficiencies. This generally indicates that the deficiencies found by CMS had the potential to cause actual harm to residents. Lastly, we want to point out that this place received significant government fines in recent years totaling more than $100,000. This often suggests that a nursing home's poor performance spanned several years.
Long-term Care Quality
The last category we rated is long-term care. We gave it an F in this category, which is a rock bottom grade. Facilities that don't score well in this category often do not provide as much nursing care and also may be struggling in a few of the areas of routine medical care we assessed. Once we assessed the amount of care provided by aids and other staff, we then looked at the nursing home's vaccination statistics. We were disappointed to learn that this facility vaccinated only 41.040462 percent of its patients for pneumonia. To our surprise, this nursing home actually fared well at keeping its patients out of the hospital. It had just 0.01 hospitalizations per 1,000 long-term resident days. This is its best feature in this category.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Woodridge Terrace Nursing and Rehabilitation Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Woodridge Terrace Nursing and Rehabilitation, 6.01% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This is the percentage of patients that sustained a pressure ulcer. Pressure ulcers, which are also known as bed sores, are often the result of patients staying in one position for too long. Better nursing protocols reduces the percentage of residents in a nursing home who sustain pressure ulcers.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Woodridge Terrace Nursing and Rehabilitation, 3.45% of Patients had Serious Falls
This indicates the percent of patients who suffered from a fall resulting in serious injury.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Woodridge Terrace Nursing and Rehabilitation, 2.13% of Patients had UTIs
This is the percent of patients that sustained a urinary tract infection. These infections could be linked to insufficient hygiene.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Woodridge Terrace Nursing and Rehabilitation, 17.3% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This tells you the percent of patients given antipsychotic medications. These medications may be used for treating several conditions, such as Alzheimer's or other dementias.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Woodridge Terrace Nursing and Rehabilitation, 12.22% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This datapoint is an indication of the percentage of long-term care residents receiving antianxiety medications.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Woodridge Terrace Nursing and Rehabilitation, 3.73% of Patients
This datapoint measures the percent of long-term care residents who are demonstrating depressive symptoms.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Woodridge Terrace Nursing and Rehabilitation, 85.7% of Patients
This datapoint measures the percentage of long-term patients who have received the pneumonia and flu vaccines. Respiratory viruses can be fatal for nursing home residents, making these vaccines critical to patient care.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Woodridge Terrace Nursing and Rehabilitation, 15.22% Percentage of Patients
This metric is a measure of the percent of long-term stay patients who required additional assistance with activities of daily living over time. Activities of daily living include activities such as getting dressed and using the bathroom.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Woodridge Terrace Nursing and Rehabilitation, 20.53% Percentage of Residents
This metric is a measure of the percentage of long-term stay residents who remained mobile levels. Many would argue that mobility is important for residents' physical and mental health.
In Woodridge Terrace Nursing and Rehabilitation, 1.01 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
This metric tracks the number of hospitalizations per thousand days of patient care.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Woodridge Terrace Nursing and Rehabilitation, 20.53 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This metric measures the number of times residents are rehospitalized per thousand days of short-term patient care. Avoiding the hospital during rehabilitation is important to restoring the health of patients.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Woodridge Terrace Nursing and Rehabilitation, 11.4 Percentage of Patients
This datapoint measures the number of times residents are sent to the emergency room per 1,000 days of short-term patient care.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Woodridge Terrace Nursing and Rehabilitation, 75.24% Percentage of Resident
This datapoint is a measure of the percentage of short-term residents who saw functional improvements.
- North Suburban Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 4.52 miles away9191 Grant St Denver Colorado 80229Voluntary non-profit - Private(303) 451-7800
- Presbyterian St Lukes Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 5.24 miles away1719 E 19th Ave Denver Colorado 80218Government - State(303) 839-6000
- National Jewish HealthAcute Care Hospitals 5.29 miles away1400 Jackson St Denver Colorado 80206Voluntary non-profit - Private(303) 388-4461
- Saint Joseph HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 5.37 miles away1375 E 19th Ave Denver Colorado 80218Voluntary non-profit - Private(303) 812-2000
- Rose Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 5.85 miles away4567 E 9th Ave Denver Colorado 80220Proprietary(303) 320-2121
- Denver Health Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 6.88 miles away777 Bannock St Denver Colorado 80204Government - State(303) 602-4930
- University of Colorado Hospital AuthorityAcute Care Hospitals 6.91 miles away12605 E 16th Ave Aurora Colorado 80045Government - Hospital District or Authority(720) 848-0000
- Children's Hospital ColoradoChildrens 7.12 miles away13123 E 16th Ave Aurora Colorado 80045Voluntary non-profit - Private(720) 777-1234
- Commerce City Dialysis (Dva)0.43 miles away6320 Holly St Commerce City Colorado 80022CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 18 (303) 853-4300
- Stapleton Dialysis (Fmc)3.67 miles away7606 E 36th Ave Denver Colorado 80238Dialysis Stations: 20 (303) 322-1513
- Thornton Kidney Center LLC (Ara)3.67 miles away8451 Pearl Street Denver Colorado 80229Dialysis Stations: 13 (303) 227-9981
- Thornton Dialysis (Dva)4.5 miles away8800 Fox Dr Denver Colorado 80260CMS Rating: 5 stars Dialysis Stations: 24 (303) 430-7020
- Denver Dialysis (Dva)4.61 miles away2900 Downing St Ste C Denver Colorado 80205CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 16 (303) 292-0303
- Kidney Center of Westminster (Ara)5.54 miles away8410 Decatur St Ste 200 Westminster Colorado 80031CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 24 (303) 430-6518
- Rocky Mountain Dialysis (Fmc)5.7 miles away4600 Hale Pkwy Ste 120 Denver Colorado 80220CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 30 (303) 320-6894
- Montbello Dialysis6.73 miles away4834 Chambers Road Denver Colorado 80239Dialysis Stations: 12 (303) 371-1502