Woodland Hills Care Center is a senior living facility in Lawrenceburg, Indiana. This city has a population of 22,932 people. This facility received an overall rating of F. If you are not satisfied with this facility's low overall grade, you may find you have slim pickings in Lawrenceburg. The city has just two other nursing homes. Surprisingly, we were able to give this nursing home some positive feedback for our inspections category, which you can read more about below.
Woodland Hills Care Center
Updated May 1, 2022 by Sara Levinsohn
403 Bielby Rd,
Lawrenceburg IN 47025
38.29% estimated occupancy 1
Registered Staff Hours
While this nursing home's overall score was terrible, it actually performed pretty well in the category of inspections. In fact, we awarded it a grade of B+ for that category, which is one of our better scores. Inspection ratings weigh several factors included in a nursing home's inspection reports. One key criteria we weigh heavily is the number and severity of deficiencies. You generally want to avoid places with a bunch of deficiencies flagged. While this facility had some minor dings on its inspection report, it had no severe deficiencies. Severe deficiencies are those found in categories G through L. This means the government inspectors didn't consider any of the deficiencies on this facility's report to pose an imminent threat to patient health or safety. A few minor deficiencies are not necessarily the end of the world.
Long-term Care Quality
Unfortunately, this facility received an F for its long-term care grade. Facilities that do not score well in this category often don't provide as much nursing care and also may be lagging in some of the areas of routine personal care we assessed. In addition to assessing the amount of care provided by nurses aids and other staff, we also looked at the number of residents vaccinated against pneumonia. Frankly, we were a bit concerned this nursing home provided the vaccine to a relatively low 61.988304 percent of its patients. Surprisingly, this facility wasn't as bad as we expected at keeping its patients out of the hospital. While it had 2.25 hospitalizations per 1,000 long-term resident days, its risk adjusted score wasn't bad since it had some more complex patients.
Does this page answer your questions about Woodland Hills Care Center?
Unfortunately, we gave this facility an F for its nursing grade. When calculating our nursing scores, we factor in both nursing hours and the skill levels of the nurses. This facility provided just 3 hours of nursing care per resident per day. This is a very low total compared to most nursing homes. This nursing home also had abysmal scores in some of the quality-based metrics to pair with its low nursing hours. For starters, we looked at the percent of patients experiencing pressure ulcers. This nursing home was at more than twice the national average in this statistic. This is alarming when you consider that many bed sores are believed to be preventable with better nursing care. This ended up sealing the nursing home's fate of receiving a poor nursing score.
Short-term Care Quality
The final category we graded is short-term care. Unfortunately, we gave it a lowly F for this category, which is a poor score. In the area of short-term care, we attempt to qualify measures of a nursing home's rehabilitation. We analyze a facility's skilled nursing services, such as the ones performed by registered nurses and physical therapists. Considering its poor grade in this area, we weren't shocked to find this nursing home offers significantly fewer registered nurse and physical therapist hours per patient than most facilities. Finally, we looked at the number of patients who ultimately returned home from this nursing home. This nursing home didn't fare well here either. In fact, we found that just 37.9 percent of this facility's patients were able to return home. This figure was well off the national average.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Woodland Hills Care Center Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Woodland Hills Care Center, 7.63% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This indicates the percentage of residents that sustained a pressure ulcer. Pressure ulcers are considered to be a measure of nursing care . Pressure ulcers, also referred to as bed sores, are often the result of residents not being moved frequently enough.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Woodland Hills Care Center, 3.9% of Patients had Serious Falls
This tells you the percent of patients that suffered from a major fall. Falls leading to major injury are considered to be an indicator of nursing care . Major falls leading to injury are often the result of poor nursing care.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Woodland Hills Care Center, 1.95% of Patients had UTIs
This tells you the percentage of residents that suffered from a urinary tract infection. These infections are sometimes associated with poorer hygiene.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Woodland Hills Care Center, 13.18% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This tells you the percent of patients prescribed antipsychotic medications. These drugs are sometimes used to treat a variety of medical conditions, including dementia.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Woodland Hills Care Center, 21.53% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This tells you the percentage of patients who were given antianxiety medications. Antianxiety drugs are given to residents suffering from depression and anxiety.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Woodland Hills Care Center, 12.55% of Patients
This datapoint measures the percentage of long-term care patients demonstrating depressive symptoms. Some believe that this is a measure of resident quality of life.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Woodland Hills Care Center, 91.52% of Patients
This datapoint measures the percent of long-term care residents that have received the pneumonia and flu vaccines. Respiratory viruses can be deadly for nursing home residents, making these vaccines important for resident well-being.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Woodland Hills Care Center, 16.15% Percentage of Patients
This tells you the percent of residents who needed increased assistance with activities of daily living over time.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Woodland Hills Care Center, 17.47% Percentage of Residents
This tells you the percent of patients that remained mobile levels over time. Optimizing mobility is often a good sign for residents' health.
In Woodland Hills Care Center, 1.36 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
This tells you the number of times residents are hospitalized per thousand days of patient care. There is generally a correlation between keeping patients out of the hospital and the overall quality of long-term care.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Woodland Hills Care Center, 17.47 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
Measures the number of times residents are rehospitalized per thousand days of short-term patient care. Keeping residents out of the hospital during rehabilitation is key to restoring the health of residents.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Woodland Hills Care Center, 11.18 Percentage of Patients
Measures the number of times residents are sent to the emergency room per 1,000 days of short-term patient care.
- Highpoint HealthAcute Care Hospitals 0.25 miles away600 Wilson Creek Rd Lawrenceburg Indiana 47025Government - Local(812) 537-1010
- Community Mental Health Center IncPsychiatric 0.37 miles away285 Bielby Rd Lawrenceburg Indiana 47025Voluntary non-profit - Private(812) 537-1302
- St Elizabeth FlorenceAcute Care Hospitals 15 miles away4900 Houston Road Florence Kentucky 41042Voluntary non-profit - Private(859) 212-5220
- Mercy Health - West HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 16.09 miles away3300 Mercy Health Blvd Cincinnati Ohio 45211Voluntary non-profit - Private(513) 215-5000
- St Elizabeth Medical Center NorthAcute Care Hospitals 18.53 miles away1 Medical Village Drive Ft Mitchell Kentucky 41017Voluntary non-profit - Church(859) 301-2000
- Good Samaritan HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 19.41 miles away375 Dixmyth Avenue Cincinnati Ohio 45220Voluntary non-profit - Church(513) 862-2646
- Davita - Lawrenceburg Dialysis,LLC1.64 miles away721 Rudolph Way Lawrenceburg Indiana 47025Dialysis Stations: 17 (812) 537-4240
- Davita - Harrison Dialysis10.59 miles away10475 Harrison Ave Harrison Ohio 45030CMS Rating: 5 stars Dialysis Stations: 13 (513) 202-0373
- Borrego Dialysis LLC12.91 miles away6909 Good Samaritan Dr. Suite C Cincinnati Ohio 45247Dialysis Stations: 15 (513) 353-0237
- Davita - Western Hills Dialysis13.76 miles away3267 Westbourne Ave. Cincinnati Ohio 45248CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 16 (513) 347-0444
- Dci - Western Hills13.9 miles away6432 Glenway Avenue Cincinnati Ohio 45211Dialysis Stations: 13 (513) 598-9050
- Davita-Turfway Pd Training14.85 miles away11 Spiral Drive, Suite 15a Florence Kentucky 41042Dialysis Stations: 4 (859) 647-2802
- Davita - Turfway Dialysis14.85 miles away11 Spiral Drive, Suite 15a Florence Kentucky 41042Dialysis Stations: 16 (859) 371-1263
- Davita - Delhi Dialysis14.87 miles away5040 Delhi Pike Cincinnati Ohio 45238CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 16 (513) 922-5900