Located in Nashville, Tennessee, Woodcrest at Blakeford is one of seven facilities in the area. Featuring an overall rating of A+, this facility is clearly a top-shelf facility. This is really as good of a place as you'll find. Headlining this nursing home's exemplary report card is its long-term care grade, which is addressed in the next paragraph.
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
Woodcrest at Blakeford
- Nursing Home
- Home Health Agency
- Independent Living
- Assisted Living
Updated Apr 1, 2023 by Nick Lata
11 Burton Hills Blvd,
Nashville TN 37215
80.48% estimated occupancy 1
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
- Accepts Medicare 1
- No Medicaid 1
- Is CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- Non profit - Corporation
- Offers Hospice
- Offers Post-Acute Care
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Offers Outpatient Rehab
- Personal Care
- Medication Management
- Home Making
- Speech Therapy
- Stroke Recovery
- Amputee Recovery
- Wound Care
- Occupational Therapy
- Mental Health
- Physical Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
- Recreational Therapy
- Pain Management
- Orthopedic Rehabilitation
- Lymphedema Care
Top Nursing Home in Tennessee Awards 2019
Best Nursing Home in Nashville, Tennessee Awards 2020
Registered Staff Hours
Long-term Care Quality
In addition to receiving a great overall grade, this nursing home received an A+ in the area of long-term care. Facilities that receive this type of score in long-term care typically provide consistent 24/7 care to ensure residents are well cared for. In addition to looking at the volume of care provided by nurses and other staff, we also looked at the number of residents vaccinated for pneumonia. This nursing home gave the vaccine to 100 percent of its patients, which is much higher than the majority of nursing homes. Clearly, this place is doing something right in this area as it was able to keep its patients out of the hospital. In fact, it had less than one hospitalization per one thousand long-term resident days, which is a remarkably low number.
This facility has earned near flawless health inspections in recent years. We awarded them an impressive grade of A in this category. Our inspection ratings weigh a host of factors included in a nursing home's inspection reports. One of the most important criteria we weigh heavily is the quantity and severity of deficiencies. Places with higher grades in this category usually have few of these severe deficiencies. This facility received 3 deficiencies on its inspection report, but fortunately none were considered to be major deficiencies. This tells you that the inspectors did not consider any of these deficiencies to cause an imminent threat to resident health or safety. Finally, this facility had no substantiated complaints this year from residents, which is an excellent sign.
Does this page answer your questions about Woodcrest at Blakeford?
Short-term Care Quality
The third category we looked at is short-term care. Adding to its elite profile, this nursing home also performed well in this area. In fact, we gave it a grade of of A for the area. In the category of short-term care, we endeavor to evaluate indicators of a nursing home's rehabilitation. We analyze the nursing home's skilled nursing services, including those performed by registered nurses and physical therapists. Fortunately, it looks like this facility employs registered nurses. Not all facilities employs these skilled professionals. On the other hand, according to the data they provided, they do not appear to employ physical therapists. The last datapoint we looked at in this category is the percentage of residents who ultimately returned home from the nursing home. We found that 6.4 percent of this nursing home's residents returned home as opposed to remaining at the facility on a permanent basis.
Switching gears to the fourth area, this facility was given an extremely favorable nursing score. We awarded it an A in that category, rounding out a straight A profile. Our nursing score assesses many subcategories, but the paramount one is the number of nurse hours per patient per week. This nursing home averages 0.4 hours of nursing care per resident per day. Lastly, we also assessed some nursing quality measures in determining our nursing grades. This nursing home performed very well in the area of avoiding major falls and pressure ulcers. We consider these areas to be good indicators of the quality of nursing care.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Woodcrest at Blakeford Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Woodcrest at Blakeford, 8.88% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This statistic gauges the percentage of long-term residents that have pressure ulcers. Many experts believe that pressure ulcers are an measure of the quality of nursing care a nursing home provides.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Woodcrest at Blakeford, 3.29% of Patients had Serious Falls
This gauges the percentage of long-term patients which sustained a fall which resulted in major injury. We use this statistic in determining nursing scores.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Woodcrest at Blakeford, 3.08% of Patients had UTIs
This is the percentage of residents who have had a urinary tract infection. UTI's are routinely caused by worse hygiene protocols. More frequent bathing can minimize the number likelihood of residents sustaining infections. Keep in mind that this metric is sometimes skewed by the fact that nursing homes have different reporting standards for urinary tract infections.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Woodcrest at Blakeford, 15.67% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This tells you the percentage of residents who were prescribed antipsychotic medications. Antipsychotic medications are given to residents for a variety of medical conditions, such as Alzheimer's or other dementias. Tragically, in limited situations, high levels of antipsychotic drug use may indicate a facility is using these medications to control patient behavior.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Woodcrest at Blakeford, 29.74% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This tells you the percent of patients prescribed antianxiety drugs. Antianxiety drugs are administered to patients suffering from anxiety and depression.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Woodcrest at Blakeford, 9.14% of Patients
This indicates the percentage of patients showing symptoms of depression. Higher levels of depression may indicate a lower level of care.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Woodcrest at Blakeford, 88.31% of Patients
This tells you the percent of residents that received the flu and pneumonia vaccines. Higher vaccination rates should be demanded by residents.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Woodcrest at Blakeford, 17.11% Percentage of Patients
This indicates the percentage of residents who needed more assistance with activities of daily living over time. Higher levels of needing for assistance with ADL's could be a sign of erosion of a resident's well-being.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Woodcrest at Blakeford, 20.35% Percentage of Residents
This is the percent of patients who retained mobility levels over time. Preserving mobility can be a great sign for residents' well-being.
In Woodcrest at Blakeford, 1.4 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
This indicates the number of hospitalizations per 1,000 days of care.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Woodcrest at Blakeford, 20.35 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This tells you the number of times residents are rehospitalized per thousand days of short-term care. There is a correlation between keeping patients out of the hospital and a nursing homes short-term rehabilitation performance.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Woodcrest at Blakeford, 11.68 Percentage of Patients
This is the number of times residents are sent to the emergency room per thousand days of short-term patient care. There is a correlation between reduced emergency room visits and the quality of rehabilitation.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Woodcrest at Blakeford, 74.44% Percentage of Resident
This tells you the percentage of short-term residents that experienced functional improvements, such as with activities of daily living. Higher levels of independence with ADL's often correlates with higher quality rehabilitation services.
Scores for Nashville, TN
- Overall Rating has a grade of B
- Nurse Rating has a grade of B
- Long-term Care Rating has a grade of B
- Short-term Care Rating has a grade of B
- Inspection Rating has a grade of B-plus
Looking for more options? Nashville, Tennessee has 6 other nursing homes
- Vanderbilt University Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 3.59 miles away1211 Medical Center Drive Nashville Tennessee 37232Voluntary non-profit - Private(615) 322-3454
- Tristar Centennial Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 4.15 miles away2300 Patterson Street Nashville Tennessee 37203Proprietary(615) 342-1000
- Saint Thomas Midtown HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 4.27 miles away2000 Church St Nashville Tennessee 37236Voluntary non-profit - Private(615) 284-5555
- Metro Nashville General HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 5.07 miles away1818 Albion Street Nashville Tennessee 37208Government - Hospital District or Authority(615) 341-4490
- Tristar Southern Hills Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 5.52 miles away391 Wallace Rd Nashville Tennessee 37211Proprietary(615) 781-4000
- Tristar Skyline Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 11.11 miles away3441 Dickerson Pike Nashville Tennessee 37207Voluntary non-profit - Private(615) 769-2000
- Williamson Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 12.24 miles away4321 Carothers Parkway Franklin Tennessee 37067Government - Hospital District or Authority(615) 435-5000
- Rolling Hills Psychiatric HospitalPsychiatric 12.44 miles away2014 Quail Hollow Circle Franklin Tennessee 37067Voluntary non-profit - Private(615) 226-4930
- Dialysis Associates, LLC3.19 miles away28 White Bridge Road Suite 311 Nashville Tennessee 37205Dialysis Stations: 5 (615) 354-8751
- Whitebridge Dialysis3.35 miles away103 White Bridge Road #6 Nashville Tennessee 37209CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 15 (615) 352-5535
- Vanderbilt Dialysis Clinic3.97 miles away2906 Foster Creighton Drive Nashville Tennessee 37204CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 46 (615) 343-3676
- Rcg West Nashville4.24 miles away344 White Bridge Pike Nashville Tennessee 37209CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 38 (615) 353-2113
- Srs-Nashville Hh LLC4.4 miles away3900 Clifton Ave Nashville Tennessee 37209Dialysis Stations: 10 (615) 988-7881
- Nashville Home Training Dialysis4.48 miles away1919 Charlotte Ave Ste 200 Nashville Tennessee 37203Dialysis Stations: 7 (615) 329-1162
- Dci Medical Center4.51 miles away1600 Hayes St. Main Floor Nashville Tennessee 37203CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 37 (615) 327-3302
- Dci Home Training of Middle Tn4.61 miles away1633 Church Street Suite 160 Nashville Tennessee 37203Dialysis Stations: 2 (615) 329-1812