Witham Extended Care is a senior living facility in Lebanon, Indiana, which has a total of 22,060 people. This proved to be an A+ rated facility. Being awarded an A+ in our rating scheme requires superb performance across the board. In fact, this facility has the prestigious distinction of being one of the three best facilities in Indiana. If you look below, you will see this facility's category scores, which appear to be just as strong as its overall grade.
Witham Extended Care
Updated May 1, 2022 by Sara Levinsohn
2605 N Lebanon Street,
Lebanon IN 46052
46.66% estimated occupancy 1
Registered Staff Hours
Short-term Care Quality
In addition to being a strong nursing home overall, this nursing home also excelled at short-term care, where it received a grade of A+. In our short-term care rating, we endeavor to create a meaningful barometer for rehabilitation. In this process, we analyze a facility's offerings of highly-skilled nursing services, including both registered nurses and physical therapy, as well as speech therapy. This facility excelled at the highest level in the two key staffing areas we looked at. It offered about 50% more care from physical therapists and registered nurses than the average nursing home. This is an excellent sign. The final metric we looked at in this category is the percentage of patients who were able to leave the nursing home and return to the community. We found that it performed as well as just about any facility in Indiana in this area with 70.9 percent of its patients returning home.
This nursing home also received an A+ for its nursing grade. Our nursing grade is based on several factors. The most heavily weighted factor is the number of hours nurses spent with patients. This facility provides an incredible 7.1 hours of nursing care per patient on a daily basis. Out of this total, many of those hours were provided by registered nurses, which is one of the most highly highly trained levels of nurses. In addition to providing impressive levels of care, this place also excelled in the quality-based metrics we assessed. By way of illustration, it performed as well as any nursing home in the country when it comes to minimizing its residents' pressure ulcers and major falls. We view these metrics as reliable measures of the caliber of nursing care offered.
Does this page answer your questions about Witham Extended Care?
Continuing with its amazing performance, this facility also earned an A+ inspection score. This is based on its recent inspection reports. An A+ in this category is one of the best complements we can pay to a nursing home. Inspection grades weigh several factors, including deficiencies and substantiated complaints. You can learn more about each of these issues by obtaining copies of nursing homes' inspection reports. This nursing home was hit with 5 deficiencies on its inspection report, but we were relieved to see that none of the deficiencies were considered to be severe. This tells you that the inspectors didn't deem any of these deficiencies to cause an imminent threat to patient health or safety. Finally, this facility had no substantiated complaints this year from residents, which is an excellent sign.
Long-term Care Quality
Switching gears to our next area, this facility also excelled in the long-term care category. In fact, we awarded it an A in that category. This topped off a straight A report card. Facilities that receive this type of score in long-term care tend to provide consistent 24/7 care to ensure patients are well cared for. On top of assessing the quantity of care provided by nurses and other staff, we analyzed the number of residents vaccinated against pneumonia. Unfortunately, we weren't able to track down information on vaccination rates. Clearly, this place is doing something right in this area as it also excelled at keeping its patients out of the hospital. Indeed, it had less than one hospitalization per 1,000 long-term resident days, which is a remarkably low figure.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Witham Extended Care Quality Metrics
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Witham Extended Care, 11.18 Percentage of Patients
This is the number of times residents are sent to the emergency room per thousand days of short-term patient care.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Witham Extended Care, 73.66% Percentage of Resident
This metric is a measure of the percent of short-term stay residents who experienced functional improvements.
Scores for Lebanon, IN
- Overall Rating has a grade of B-minus
- Nurse Rating has a grade of B-minus
- Long-term Care Rating has a grade of B-minus
- Short-term Care Rating has a grade of B
- Inspection Rating has a grade of A-minus
Looking for more options? Lebanon, Indiana has 4 other nursing homes
- Witham Health ServicesAcute Care Hospitals 0 miles away2605 N Lebanon St Lebanon Indiana 46052Government - Local(765) 485-8000
- Indiana University Health Frankfort IncCritical Access Hospitals 13.48 miles away1300 S Jackson St Frankfort Indiana 46041Voluntary non-profit - Private(765) 656-3000
- Indiana University Health North HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 18.35 miles away11700 N Meridian St Carmel Indiana 46032Voluntary non-profit - Private(317) 688-2000
- St Vincent Carmel Hospital IncAcute Care Hospitals 18.44 miles away13500 N Meridian St Carmel Indiana 46032Voluntary non-profit - Church(317) 582-7000
- St Vincent Hospital & Health ServicesAcute Care Hospitals 18.57 miles away2001 W 86th St Indianapolis Indiana 46260Voluntary non-profit - Church(317) 338-7000
- St Vincent Heart Center of Indiana LLCAcute Care Hospitals 19.2 miles away10580 N Meridian St Indianapolis Indiana 46290Proprietary(317) 583-5000
- Fmc - Liberty Dialysis - Lebanon, LLC0.57 miles away2485 N. Lebanon Street Lebanon Indiana 46052Dialysis Stations: 9 (765) 485-0533
- Davita - Brownsburg Clinic15.82 miles away124 East Northfield Drive Brownsburg Indiana 46112Dialysis Stations: 10 (317) 858-3561
- Nxkc Indianapolis Northwest, LLC17.15 miles away9101 N. Wesleyan Rd, Suite 115 Indianapolis Indiana 46268Dialysis Stations: 3 (317) 829-9770
- Us Renal Care- Nw Indianapolis Renal Center17.9 miles away6488 Corporate Drive Indianapolis Indiana 46268CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 16 (317) 328-9667
- Dialyze Direct in, LLC17.98 miles away13295 Illinois St. Carmel Indiana 46032Dialysis Stations: 1 (463) 219-0231
- Fmc - Carmel18.19 miles away12400 North Meridian St., Ste 200 Carmel Indiana 46032Dialysis Stations: 12 (317) 575-8312
- Fmc - Indianapolis-North19.22 miles away1225 W 86th Street Indianapolis Indiana 46260CMS Rating: 2 stars Dialysis Stations: 25 (317) 228-0169
- Davita - Eagle Highlands19.86 miles away6925 Shore Terrace Indianapolis Indiana 46254Dialysis Stations: 16 (317) 295-0423