Wisteria Gardens is the sole facility located in Pearl, Mississippi. Featuring an overall score of B+, this nursing home should work for most people. In fact, we ranked this nursing home in the top third of all nursing homes in the country. This place's strong report card was highlighted by its inspection grade, which you can find in the next section.
- Nursing Home
Updated Sep 1, 2022 by Nick Lata
5420 Highway 80 East,
Pearl MS 39208
71.92% estimated occupancy 1
- Accepts Medicare 1
- No Medicaid 1
- Is CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- Has Family Council
- For profit - Limited Liability company
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Home Making
- Speech Therapy
- Occupational Therapy
- Physical Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
Top Nursing Home in Mississippi Awards 2019
Best Nursing Home in Pearl, Mississippi Awards 2019
Top Nursing Home in Mississippi Awards 2020
Best Nursing Home in Pearl, Mississippi Awards 2020
Top Nursing Home in Mississippi Awards 2021
Best Nursing Home in Pearl, Mississippi Awards 2021
Registered Staff Hours
This facility received a quality overall score as described above, but we especially wanted to emphasize its excellent inspections in recent years. We gave it an impressive grade of A in this category. We take several aspects of a facility's inspection report into consideration in computing these inspection ratings. One critical factor is health deficiencies. It should be noted that the severity of deficiencies is usually more important than the quantity of deficiencies, as some deficiencies end up being quite minor. We were not able to locate deficiency counts for this nursing home. We wish we had more data for this nursing home. Without having all of the deficiency data, it is a challenge to grade this facility in this category.
Short-term Care Quality
One of the other reasons we rated this facility so well is that it received a favorable short-term care score. In fact, short-term care ended up being its second highest category grade. In that category, we gave this facility a score of A. Our short-term care grade is often used to assess a nursing home's rehabilitation services. In order to have good rehabilitation services, facilities generally need to feature higher levels of highly skilled nursing. These types of services include registered nurses, physical therapists, speech therapists and other highly skilled individuals. Fortunately, it appear that this facility has registered nurses on staff. Not all facilities employs these skilled professionals. However, according to the data they provided, it does not look like the facility employs physical therapists. Lastly, we assessed the number of residents who ultimately returned home from this nursing home. We found that 6.1 percent of this nursing home's patients were able to return home.
Does this page answer your questions about Wisteria Gardens?
Another one of this facility's impressive category grades came in the area of nursing care. We awarded them one of our better scores in that area, with a grade of B+. Nursing grades are based largely on nurse staffing levels. This facility provided 0.5 hours of nursing care per resident per day. Finally, we also assessed several nursing quality-based metrics and this facility excelled in some of these areas. With less than five percent of its residents sustaining pressure ulcers, it performed as well as any place the country in this category. This is generally a good indicator of quality nursing care. Pressure ulcers can generally be prevented by providing better nursing care, such as employing a policy of moving a patient even once per day.
Long-term Care Quality
The final area we analyzed is this facility's worst category. Nevertheless, even in its worst category we still gave it an acceptable grade of B- for our long-term care category. In determining these long-term care grades, we analyze the facility's ability to maintain its permanent residents' health and quality of life. After assessing the volume of care provided by nurses aids and other staff, we turned to the facility's vaccination records. We were not able to find this place's vaccination data. Finally, this place was able to limit hospitalizations. In fact, it had only 0 hospitalizations per one thousand long-term resident days, which is an impressively low number.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Wisteria Gardens Quality Metrics
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Wisteria Gardens, 13.63 Percentage of Patients
This metric is a measure of the number of times residents are sent to the emergency room per 1,000 days of short-term care. Avoiding emergency medical situations is one way to gauge the well-being of patients during rehabilitation.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Wisteria Gardens, 69.18% Percentage of Resident
This metric is a measure of the percent of short-term care patients that saw functional improvements.
- Merit Health RankinAcute Care Hospitals 0.8 miles away350 Crossgates Blvd Brandon Mississippi 39042Proprietary(601) 825-2811
- Merit Health River OaksAcute Care Hospitals 4.26 miles away1030 River Oaks Drive Flowood Mississippi 39232Proprietary(601) 932-1030
- Brentwood Behavioral Healthcare of MsPsychiatric 4.38 miles away3531 East Lakeland Drive Flowood Mississippi 39232Proprietary(601) 936-2024
- St Dominic-Jackson Memorial HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 7.46 miles away969 Lakeland Dr Jackson Mississippi 39216Voluntary non-profit - Church(601) 200-2000
- Mississippi Baptist Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 7.75 miles away1225 N State St Jackson Mississippi 39202Voluntary non-profit - Private(601) 968-1000
- University of Mississippi Med CenterAcute Care Hospitals 7.9 miles away2500 N State St Jackson Mississippi 39216Government - State(601) 984-4100
- Merit Health CentralAcute Care Hospitals 12.1 miles away1850 Chadwick Dr Jackson Mississippi 39204Proprietary(601) 376-1000
- Lakeland Home Program, LLC1.1 miles away209 Mar Lyn Drive Brandon Mississippi 39042CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 36 (601) 591-0053
- Isd Brandon LLC5.51 miles away101 Christian Drive Brandon Mississippi 39042Dialysis Stations: 20 (601) 824-9764
- Fmc Jackson7.57 miles away381 Medical Drive Jackson Mississippi 39216CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 38 (601) 981-9652
- Bio-Medical Applications of Mississippi, Inc.7.67 miles away656 North State Street Jackson Mississippi 39202Dialysis Stations: 10 (601) 944-0151
- Fresenius Medical Care Southwest Jackson Home7.89 miles away1421 N State Street Suite 501 Jackson Mississippi 39202Dialysis Stations: 2 (601) 292-1545
- Isd Renal Inc8.97 miles away571 Beasley Rd Suite a (in-Center Care) Jackson Mississippi 39206CMS Rating: 1 stars Dialysis Stations: 46 (601) 957-1999
- Medical Mall Dialysis8.98 miles away350 W. Woodrow Wilson Md-224 Jackson Mississippi 39213Dialysis Stations: 48 (601) 815-6345
- Isd Renal Inc9.4 miles away1015 I-20 Frontage Rd Jackson Mississippi 39204CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 35 (601) 373-9154