Windsor Park Nursing Home is a small nursing home located in Queens Village, New York. We gave this facility an overall grade of B+. A grade in this range requires favorable scores in most areas. As far as we can see, this facility is a solid choice for quite a few people. The best aspect of this facility's impressive profile was its inspection grade. We discuss inspections in the next paragraph
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
Windsor Park Nursing Home
- Nursing Home
Updated Nov 1, 2023 by Nick Reese
Get pricing and details on Queens Village senior living options.Get Pricing
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- Is CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- Has Family Council
- For profit - Corporation
- Offers Hospice
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Speech Therapy
- Wound Care
- Occupational Therapy
- Mental Health
- Physical Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
- Oncology Care
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
Registered Staff Hours
One of the many reasons this turned out to be a great nursing home is it received an A+ in our inspections category. This is just about as good as it gets in this very important area. Inspection grades weigh several factors, including deficiencies, substantiated complaints and federal fines. You can find more information about each of these issues by obtaining copies of nursing homes' inspection reports. While this facility had some minor dings on its report, it had no severe deficiencies. Severe deficiencies are those labeled as categories G, H, I, J, K and L. This tells you that the inspectors didn't consider any of the deficiencies on this facility's report to pose an imminent threat to patient health or safety. Finally, this facility had no substantiated complaints this year from residents, which is an excellent sign.
Long-term Care Quality
This nursing home performed well in the area of long-term care. Indeed, we awarded it a score of A- for that area, which happens to be one of our most elite grades. When nursing homes receive a grade in this range in this category it typically means it's well-staffed and is an overall good place to reside on a permanent basis. On top of assessing the quantity of care provided by nurses and other staff, we also looked at the number of residents vaccinated for pneumonia. This facility administered the vaccine to 100 percent of its residents, which is significantly higher than the majority of nursing homes. Lastly, this nursing home was able to limit hospitalizations. It had only 0.03 hospitalizations per one thousand long-term resident days, which is an impressively low number.
Does this page answer your questions about Windsor Park Nursing Home?
This facility received a very good nursing grade this year as well. It received one of our better scores in that category with a grade of B. Nursing grades are primarily associated with the nursing home's level of nurse staffing. This facility provided 0.4 hours of nursing care per resident per day. Finally, we also looked at several nursing quality-based metrics and this place excelled in some of these areas. With less than five percent of its residents sustaining pressure ulcers, it performed as well as any nursing home the country in this category. This is generally a good indicator of quality nursing care. Pressure ulcers can many times be prevented by offering better nursing care, such as having a protocol of moving patients even once per day.
Short-term Care Quality
The next category we analyzed is short-term care. This facility was given a strong short-term care rating this year, with a C. Even though this is not nearly as good as a few of its other scores, this remains a decent score in this area. In calculating our short-term care ratings, we assess a nursing home's levels of highly skilled nursing, which includes registered nurses, physical therapists respiratory therapists and other licensed professionals. This category is typically a meaningful measure of the nursing home's rehabilitation. Fortunately, it looks like this nursing home employs registered nurses. Not all nursing homes employs these skilled professionals. On the other hand, according to the data this nursing home provided, it does not look like the facility employs physical therapists. Lastly, we considered the percentage of patients who returned home from this facility. We found that 2.7 percent of this facility's patients were able to return home. This figure was quite a bit below average.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Windsor Park Nursing Home Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Windsor Park Nursing Home, 11.59% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This metric measures the percent of long-term care patients that suffered from pressure ulcers. We find that pressure ulcers are a solid barometer of nursing care quality.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Windsor Park Nursing Home, 1.88% of Patients had Serious Falls
This statistic is an indication of the percent of long-term care patients who sustained a fall which caused major injury. Falls can arise for a variety of reasons, but high rates of major falls could be an indication of poor nursing care.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Windsor Park Nursing Home, 3.98% of Patients had UTIs
This is the percent of residents that have had a urinary tract infection. These infections could be linked to poor hygiene.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Windsor Park Nursing Home, 6.16% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This indicates the percentage of patients given antipsychotic drugs. These drugs are sometimes used for treating several medical conditions, such as Alzheimer's or other dementias.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Windsor Park Nursing Home, 8.92% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This figure tells you the percentage of long-term patients who are given antianxiety medication. These medications are prescribed to residents experiencing depression and anxiety.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Windsor Park Nursing Home, 20.3% of Patients
This datapoint measures the percentage of long-term care patients who are demonstrating symptoms of depression. Many believe that this is a measure of resident quality of care.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Windsor Park Nursing Home, 98.44% of Patients
This metric measures the percent of long-term stay patients that have received the flu and pneumonia vaccines. Respiratory viruses can be fatal for nursing home patients, making these types of vaccines critical to patient safety.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Windsor Park Nursing Home, 8.09% of Patients
This metric is a measure of the percent of long-term residents who required additional assistance with activities of daily living over time. Activities of daily living include activities such as taking medications and bathing. Some experts believe that this is a reliable measure of a patient's well-being.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Windsor Park Nursing Home, 6.38% of Residents
This is the percent of patients that retained mobility levels over time. Retaining mobility is usually a good sign for residents' well-being.
In Windsor Park Nursing Home, 0.03 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
This is a measure of the number of times residents are hospitalized per 1,000 days of patient care. Minimizing hospitalizations is key to preserving the physical health of patients.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Windsor Park Nursing Home, 6.38% of Residents Rehospitalized
This indicates the number of times residents are rehospitalized per thousand days of short-term patient care.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Windsor Park Nursing Home, 3.6% of Patients
This metric tracks the number of times residents are sent to the emergency room per 1,000 days of short-term care. Staying out of the emergency room is one way to gauge short-term care.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Windsor Park Nursing Home, 14.2% of Resident
This is the percentage of short-term care residents who experienced functional improvements, such as enhanced ability to perform activities of daily living.
- Creedmoor Psychiatric CenterPsychiatric 1.43 miles away80-45 Winchester Blvd Bldg B Queens Village New York 11427Government - State(718) 264-4000
- Queens Hospital CenterAcute Care Hospitals 2.68 miles away82-68 164th Street Jamaica New York 11432Government - Local(718) 883-3000
- Jamaica Hospital Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 3.7 miles away89th Avenue and Van Wyck Expressway Richmond Hill New York 11418Voluntary non-profit - Private(718) 262-6000
- Flushing Hospital Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 3.85 miles away45th Avenue and Parsons Boulevard Flushing New York 11355Voluntary non-profit - Private(718) 670-5000
- North Shore University HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 4.63 miles away300 Community Drive Manhasset New York 11030Voluntary non-profit - Private(516) 562-0100
- Nyu Winthrop HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 5.81 miles away259 First Street Mineola New York 11501Voluntary non-profit - Private(516) 663-0333
- Mercy Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 6.67 miles away1000 North Village Avenue Rockville Centre New York 11570Voluntary non-profit - Private(516) 705-2525
- Elmhurst Hospital CenterAcute Care Hospitals 6.99 miles away79-01 Broadway Elmhurst New York 11373Government - Local(718) 334-1141
- Davita Queens Village Dialysis Center1.19 miles away222-02 Hempstead Avenue Suite 170 Queens Village New York 11429CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 25 (718) 217-6200
- Vestal Healthcare LLC1.51 miles away176-35 Union Turnpike Fresh Meadows New York 11366Dialysis Stations: 1 (718) 969-3293
- Trude Weishaupt Memorial Dialysis Center1.51 miles away@ New York Hospital of Queens 59-28 174th Street Fresh Meadows New York 11365CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 29 (718) 670-1276
- Lij Satellite Dialysis Facility2.01 miles away220-22 Hillside Avenue Queens Village New York 11427CMS Rating: 5 stars Dialysis Stations: 25 (718) 975-1300
- Fms-South Queens Dialysis Center2.09 miles away175-37 Liberty Avenue Jamaica New York 11433CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 32 (718) 297-9100
- Davita Jamaica Hillside Dialysis2.18 miles away171-19 Hillside Ave Jamaica New York 11432Dialysis Stations: 25 (718) 526-2051
- Davita Clearview Dialysis2.5 miles away4560 Francis Lewis Blvd Bayside New York 11361Dialysis Stations: 25 (718) 224-2398
- Fms-Bayside Dialysis Center2.69 miles away201-10 Northern Boulevard Bayside New York 11361CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 20 (718) 423-6638