Windsor Care Center of Sacramento turns out to be one of a multitude of nursing home options you can choose from in Sacramento, California. We gave this nursing home a B- overall, which is a solid score. This is comparable with the city grade in Sacramento, which is a B. Based on our analysis, this facility has some redeeming qualities. This nursing home is better in some categories than others, but it didn't have any bad scores in any of the major categories. More information about these categories can be found below.
Windsor Care Center of Sacramento
- Nursing Home
- Memory Care
Updated Sep 1, 2022 by Nick Reese
501 Jessie Avenue,
Sacramento CA 95838
78.04% estimated occupancy 1
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- For profit - Limited Liability company
- Secure Memory Care
- Offers Hospice
- Offers Post-Acute Care
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Personal Care
- Home Making
- Dialysis Transportation
- Speech Therapy
- Stroke Recovery
- Wound Care
- Occupational Therapy
- Cardiac Therapy
- Mental Health
- Diabetes Management
- Physical Therapy
- Respiratory Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
- Pain Management
- Orthopedic Rehabilitation
- Lymphedema Care
Registered Staff Hours
It should also be noted that this facility's inspection score outpaced its overall grade. In fact, we gave it a B+ for its inspections rating, which is a very solid score. Perhaps the most important factor we consider in computing our inspection ratings is deficiencies. These deficiencies are found on a nursing home's recent inspection reports. Facilities with higher scores in this area typically avoided the most severe deficiencies involving patient abuse or death. Although this facility had a few deficiencies on its report, none of them were severe based on CMS' scale. The fact that none of the deficiencies were severe leaves us less concerned with this inspection report.
Long-term Care Quality
Additionally, we awarded this facility a grade of B in our long-term care category. This happens to be one of our more favorable scores. Long-term care ratings of this caliber generally require both around the clock care from nurses and aids, as well as quality routine healthcare services. After assessing the volume of care provided by nurses and other staff, we turned to the nursing home's vaccination statistics. This facility vaccinated 100 percent of its patients for pneumonia. Vaccines are vital to keeping patients healthy. Clearly, this facility is doing something right in this area as it was able to keep its patients out of the hospital. It had less than one hospitalization per one thousand long-term resident days, which is an impressively low figure.
Does this page answer your questions about Windsor Care Center of Sacramento?
This nursing home's nursing grade appears to be one of its better features. The facility received a grade of B- in this category. We assessed the levels of nurses at the nursing home, as well as the quantity of time those nurses spent with residents, in computing our rating in this category. This nursing home provides 0.3 hours of nursing care per resident per day. This is a much lower figure than we are used to seeing. Lastly, despite not having the highest total nursing hours per resident, this place actually performed admirably in the metric of preventing major falls. This is usually a reliable indicator that a place has quality controls in place.
Short-term Care Quality
The final category we graded is short-term care. We gave it a C in that category. This is a decent grade in this category. In the area of short-term care, we try to assess measures of a facility's rehabilitation services. We look at the facility's skilled nursing services, such as those performed by registered nurses and physical therapists. Unfortunately, we weren't able to locate registered nurse or physical therapy staffing data for this nursing home. The final metric we considered in this area is the number of patients who eventually returned home from the nursing home. We found that just 0 percent of this facility's residents returned home.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Windsor Care Center of Sacramento Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Windsor Care Center of Sacramento, 7.45% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This metric is a measure of the percentage of long-term stay residents which suffered from new or worsened pressure ulcers . We factor in this statistic in computing our nursing grades.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Windsor Care Center of Sacramento, 1.7% of Patients had Serious Falls
This statistic gauges the percent of long-term care patients who have sustained a fall leading to severe injury. Falls can happen for a variety of reasons, but high rates of falls resulting in injuries could be an indication of lower levels of patient supervision.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Windsor Care Center of Sacramento, 1.24% of Patients had UTIs
This is the percentage of residents who sustained a urinary tract infection. These infections may be linked to inadequate hygiene.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Windsor Care Center of Sacramento, 10.1% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This tells you the percent of patients who were given antipsychotic medications. While antipsychotic medications may be helpful for many residents, it is important to make sure these drugs are being used only where medically required. In limited cases, high levels of antipsychotic drug use may mean that a nursing home is using these medications to control patient behavior.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Windsor Care Center of Sacramento, 13.85% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This datapoint gauges the percent of long-term stay residents receiving antianxiety medications.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Windsor Care Center of Sacramento, 4.64% of Patients
This datapoint is a measure of the percentage of long-term stay residents who are exhibiting depressive symptoms. Some experts argue this is a measure of resident quality of life.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Windsor Care Center of Sacramento, 95.44% of Patients
This indicates the percentage of patients who have received the pneumonia and flu vaccines. Higher vaccination rates should be standard at this point.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Windsor Care Center of Sacramento, 7.92% Percentage of Patients
This metric measures the percent of long-term care residents that required increased assistance with activities of daily living over time. ADL's include activities such as getting dressed and bathing. Many believe that this is a reasonable measure of a patient's well-being.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Windsor Care Center of Sacramento, 12.45% Percentage of Residents
This tells you the percentage of patients who maintained mobility over time. Optimizing mobility is usually a good sign for residents' health.
In Windsor Care Center of Sacramento, 1.61 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
This tells you the number of times residents are hospitalized per 1,000 days of care. There is generally a correlation between staying out of the hospital and the quality of care.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Windsor Care Center of Sacramento, 12.45 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This datapoint measures the number of rehospitalizations per 1,000 days of short-term care. Staying out of the hospital during rehabilitation is key to restoring the physical abilities of patients.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Windsor Care Center of Sacramento, 9.83 Percentage of Patients
This is the number of emergency room visits per thousand days of short-term patient care.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Windsor Care Center of Sacramento, 79.79% Percentage of Resident
This is the percent of short-term residents who saw functional improvements, such as enhanced ability to perform activities of daily living. High levels of autonomy with activities of daily living often correlates with successful rehabilitation.
Scores for Sacramento, CA
- Overall Rating has a grade of B
- Nurse Rating has a grade of B-plus
- Long-term Care Rating has a grade of B-minus
- Short-term Care Rating has a grade of B
- Inspection Rating has a grade of B-plus
Looking for more options? Sacramento, California has 21 other nursing homes
- Kaiser Foundation Hospital - SacramentoAcute Care Hospitals 4.43 miles away2025 Morse Avenue Sacramento California 95825Voluntary non-profit - Private(916) 973-5000
- Heritage Oaks HospitalPsychiatric 4.74 miles away4250 Auburn Blvd Sacramento California 95841Proprietary(916) 489-3336
- Sutter Medical Center, SacramentoAcute Care Hospitals 5.19 miles away2825 Capitol Avenue Sacramento California 95816Voluntary non-profit - Private(916) 733-8999
- Mercy General HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 5.19 miles away4001 J St Sacramento California 95819Voluntary non-profit - Private(916) 453-4453
- University of California Davis Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 6.23 miles away2315 Stockton Boulevard Sacramento California 95817Voluntary non-profit - Other(916) 734-2011
- Mercy San Juan Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 7.69 miles away6501 Coyle Ave Carmichael California 95608Voluntary non-profit - Other(916) 537-5000
- Kaiser Foundation Hosp So SacramentoAcute Care Hospitals 12.12 miles away6600 Bruceville Road Sacramento California 95823Voluntary non-profit - Private(916) 688-2000
- Methodist Hospital of SacramentoAcute Care Hospitals 12.7 miles away7500 Hospital Drive Sacramento California 95823Voluntary non-profit - Private(916) 423-6010
- Satellite Healthcare Sacramento1.31 miles away646 N. Market Blvd Sacramento California 95834CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 29 (916) 437-5800
- North Sacramento Dialysis Center3.35 miles away251 Lathrop Way Suite A Sacramento California 95815CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 24 (916) 922-4721
- Natomas Dialysis3.87 miles away30 g0ldenland Court Building G Sacramento California 95834CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 24 (916) 285-6452
- Wellbound of Sacramento4.11 miles away2610 El Paseo Lane Suite f19 Sacramento California 95821Dialysis Stations: 4 (916) 486-8005
- Davita Arena Dialysis4.12 miles away2980 Advantage Way Sacramento California 95834Dialysis Stations: 24 (916) 575-7658
- North Highlands Dialysis Center5.13 miles away4612 Roseville Road Suite 100 North Highlands California 95660CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 24 (916) 334-1368
- Alhambra Dialysis Center5.29 miles away1315 Alhambra Blvd #100 Sacramento California 95816CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 20 (916) 457-8252
- University Dialysis Center5.5 miles away333 University Avenue Suite 100 Sacramento California 95825CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 21 (916) 920-0877