Edgewater at Boca Pointe is an average-sized non-profit nursing home located in Boca Raton, Florida. This proved to be an A+ rated facility, which is our very best grade. Even in a city featuring 11 other nursing homes, this facility is appealing. As you can find below, this place performed just as well in our category grades. We give this place two thumbs up!
Edgewater at Boca Pointe
- Nursing Home
- Home Health Agency
- Assisted Living
Updated Sep 1, 2022 by Nick Reese
- Accepts Medicare 1
- No Medicaid 1
- Is CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- Non profit - Corporation
- Offers Hospice
- Offers Post-Acute Care
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Offers Outpatient Rehab
- Personal Care
- Medication Management
- Home Making
- Medical Transportation
- Speech Therapy
- Palliative Care
- Occupational Therapy
- Physical Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
- Recreational Therapy
Top Nursing Home in Florida Awards 2019
Best Nursing Home in Boca Raton, Florida Awards 2019
Top Nursing Home in Florida Awards 2020
Best Nursing Home in Boca Raton, Florida Awards 2020
Top Nursing Home in Florida Awards 2021
Registered Staff Hours
In addition to performing well overall, this facility also earned nearly flawless government inspections. Therefore, it earned one of our highest grades in that area with an A+. Inspection scores take several factors into consideration, including deficiencies and federal fines. You can learn more about each of these items by obtaining copies of nursing homes' inspection reports. This place was hit with 6 deficiencies on its inspection report, but fortunately none of the deficiencies were considered to be severe. This tells you that CMS did not deem any of the deficiencies to be an immediate threat to patient safety or health. Finally, this facility had no substantiated complaints this year from residents, which is an excellent sign.
Long-term Care Quality
This top-shelf facility also excelled in the category of long-term care, where it received a grade of A+. Only a small group of nursing homes fared better in this category. Facilities that receive this kind of grade in long-term care typically provide consistent 24/7 care to make sure patients are kept in good health. On top of looking at the quantity of care provided by nurses and other staff, we also looked at the number of residents vaccinated for pneumonia. This nursing home gave the vaccine to 97.72727 percent of its residents, which is what we like to see. Pneumonia sadly is often a deadly health condition for nursing home residents so we like it when a nursing home doesn't leave its residents vulnerable. Clearly, this nursing home is doing something right in this area as it also excelled at keeping its residents out of the hospital. In fact, it had less than one hospitalization per 1,000 long-term resident days, which is an impressively low figure.
Does this page answer your questions about Edgewater at Boca Pointe?
Short-term Care Quality
An additional strength for this facility was short-term care, where it was given an A+ rating. This is just about as strong as it gets in this area. In calculating these short-term care scores, we look at the nursing home's skilled nursing services, such as those performed by registered nurses, speech therapists, physical therapists and other types of therapists. The purpose is to formulate a tool for comparing the rehabilitation services of different nursing homes. Fortunately, it appear that this facility has registered nurses on staff. Not every nursing home employs these skilled professionals. However, according to the information they provided, it does not look like the facility employs physical therapists. Finally, we considered the number of patients who ultimately returned home from this nursing home. We found that 6.4 percent of this nursing home's residents were able to return home.
In the last area we graded, this facility was given great scores in the category of nursing as well. Consequently, we gave it an A+. This made it one of just a few of facilities we gave A+'s in all of our categories. In calculating our nursing scores, we assess both the number of hours nurses spend with residents and the skill levels of those nurses. This nursing home provides 0.5 hours of nursing care per resident per day. Lastly, we also assessed some nursing quality measures in determining our nursing grades. This nursing home performed very well in terms of minimizing its residents' pressure ulcers and major falls. We consider these areas to be good indicators of the quality of nursing care.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Edgewater at Boca Pointe Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Edgewater at Boca Pointe, 9.08% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This tells you the percentage of patients who suffered from a pressure ulcer. Pressure ulcers are considered by many in the nursing home industry to be a barometer of nursing care at a nursing home. Pressure ulcers, which are also called bed sores, are often caused by residents not being moved frequently enough.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Edgewater at Boca Pointe, 2.82% of Patients had Serious Falls
This datapoint is a measure of the percent of long-term care patients that experienced falls resulting in serious injury. This is one of the statistics we use in computing our nursing scores.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Edgewater at Boca Pointe, 1.81% of Patients had UTIs
This is the percent of residents who sustained a urinary tract infection. Urinary tract infections are considered by many in the nursing home industry to be an indicator of nursing care . UTI's are often the result of a facility with lower levels of hygiene. However, this metric can be skewed for some nursing homes due to different reporting standards for these infections.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Edgewater at Boca Pointe, 10.64% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This datapoint gauges the percent of long-term stay residents who are given antipsychotic medication. Excessive reliance on these medications may suggest a nursing home is using these drugs to subdue residents in scenarios where such drugs aren't medically required. However, some facilities need to rely more on these medications due to an increased number of patients suffering from Alzheimer's or other dementias.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Edgewater at Boca Pointe, 21.27% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This metric gauges the percentage of long-term patients that were prescribed antianxiety medication. These medications are given to residents suffering from depression and anxiety.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Edgewater at Boca Pointe, 2.33% of Patients
Measures the percent of long-term care residents who are exhibiting signs of depression. Some experts would argue this is a measure of resident quality of care.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Edgewater at Boca Pointe, 94.94% of Patients
This tells you the percentage of residents who were administered the pneumonia and flu vaccines. High vaccination rates should be the norm at this point.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Edgewater at Boca Pointe, 13.07% Percentage of Patients
This metric is a measure of the percent of long-term care residents that required additional assistance with activities of daily living over time. Activities of daily living include activities such as getting dressed and eating. Many in the industry believe that this is a reasonable measure of a patient's well-being.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Edgewater at Boca Pointe, 16.78% Percentage of Residents
This indicates the percentage of residents who remained mobile levels over time. Preserving mobility is often a great sign for residents' health.
In Edgewater at Boca Pointe, 1.76 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
This metric tracks the number of hospitalizations per 1,000 days of patient care.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Edgewater at Boca Pointe, 16.78 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This tells you the number of times residents are rehospitalized per thousand days of short-term care.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Edgewater at Boca Pointe, 9.16 Percentage of Patients
This metric measures the number of times residents are sent to the emergency room per thousand days of short-term patient care.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Edgewater at Boca Pointe, 78.49% Percentage of Resident
This metric measures the percent of short-term residents that saw functional improvements.
Scores for Boca Raton, FL
- Overall Rating has a grade of A-minus
- Nurse Rating has a grade of B-plus
- Long-term Care Rating has a grade of A-minus
- Short-term Care Rating has a grade of A
- Inspection Rating has a grade of A-minus
Looking for more options? Boca Raton, Florida has 10 other nursing homes
- West Boca Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 3.5 miles away21644 State Rd 7 Boca Raton Florida 33428Proprietary(561) 488-8100
- Boca Raton Regional HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 3.85 miles away800 Meadows Rd Boca Raton Florida 33486Voluntary non-profit - Private(561) 362-5002
- Broward Health NorthAcute Care Hospitals 4.17 miles away201 E Sample Rd Pompano Beach Florida 33064Government - Hospital District or Authority(954) 786-6950
- Northwest Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 5.61 miles away2801 N State Rd 7 Pompano Beach Florida 33063Proprietary(954) 974-0400
- Broward Health Coral SpringsAcute Care Hospitals 7.72 miles away3000 Coral Hills Dr Pompano Beach Florida 33065Government - Hospital District or Authority(954) 344-3000
- Delray Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 7.74 miles away5352 Linton Blvd Delray Beach Florida 33484Proprietary(561) 498-4440
- Holy Cross HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 10.05 miles away4725 N Federal Hwy Fort Lauderdale Florida 33308Voluntary non-profit - Church(954) 771-8000
- University Hospital and Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 10.43 miles away7201 N University Dr Fort Lauderdale Florida 33321Proprietary(954) 721-2200
- Deerfield Beach Dialysis1.55 miles away1983 W Hillsboro Blvd Deerfield Beach Florida 33442Dialysis Stations: 12 (954) 426-3350
- Lighthouse Point Dialysis2.66 miles away200 Sw Natura Ave Deerfield Beach Florida 33441CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 16 (954) 426-3350
- Pinnacle Dialysis of Boca Raton3.95 miles away2900 N Military Trail Suite 195 Boca Raton Florida 33431CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 27 (561) 241-6667
- West Boca Dialysis Center4.43 miles away19801 Hampton Dr Boca Raton Florida 33434Dialysis Stations: 19 (561) 488-0202
- Boca Raton Artificial Kidney Center4.84 miles away998 Nw 9th Ct Boca Raton Florida 33486Dialysis Stations: 14 (561) 392-3940
- First Class Kidney Care Dialysis Center, LLC5.22 miles away3170 North Federal Highway Suite 107 Pompano Beach Florida 33064Dialysis Stations: 4 (754) 307-9256
- Boca/Delray Renal Associates Inc5.47 miles away1905 Clint Moore Rd Ste 306 Boca Raton Florida 33496Dialysis Stations: 14 (561) 988-7100
- Ara - Boca Raton Dialysis LLC5.47 miles away1905 Clint Moore Rd Ste 211 Boca Raton Florida 33496CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 21 (561) 893-6878