Willowbrooke Court-Granite is an average-sized non-profit facility located in Media, Pennsylvania. This proved to be an A rated facility. This nursing home was given one of the best ratings we offer. A grade of this caliber requires superb marks across the board. In fact, this facility has the prestigious distinction of being one of the 100 best nursing homes in Pennsylvania. This is an impressive accomplishment in a state with a long list of elite facilities. Headlining this place's stellar profile is its inspection reports, which is addressed in the next paragraph.
- Nursing Home
- Home Health Agency
- Independent Living
- Assisted Living
Updated Sep 1, 2022 by Nick Reese
- Accepts Medicare 1
- No Medicaid 1
- Is CCRC
- No Resident Council
- No Family Council
- Non profit - Corporation
- Offers Hospice
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Offers Outpatient Rehab
- Personal Care
- Medication Management
- Home Making
- Medical Transportation
- Palliative Care
- Nutritional Counseling
Top Nursing Home in Pennsylvania Awards 2021
Registered Staff Hours
On top of performing well overall, this facility earned nearly flawless government inspections. As a result, it earned one of our best scores in that category with a grade of A+. Inspection grades are based on pieces of information found on the a nursing home's recent inspection reports. Facilities that receive favorable grades in this area tend to have few deficiencies on those reports. Most importantly, these nursing homes should not have any severe deficiencies which are associated with risks to patient safety. This particular nursing home received 6 deficiencies on its inspection report. Finally, this facility had no substantiated complaints this year from residents, which is an excellent sign.
Short-term Care Quality
Adding to its first-rate assessments in other areas, we gave this facility a grade of A for our short-term care rating. With our short-term care score, we attempt to create a valuable gauge for rehabilitation services. In this process, we analyze a facility's levels of skilled nursing services, including both registered nurses and physical therapy, as well as occupational therapy. Fortunately, it appear that this facility has registered nurses on staff. Not every nursing home employs these types of nurses. However, according to the information this nursing home provided, they do not appear to employ physical therapists. The last metric we assessed in this category is the percentage of residents who were able to leave the facility and return home. We discovered that 0 percent of this facility's residents were able to return home.
Does this page answer your questions about Willowbrooke Court-Granite?
Adding to its impressive resume, this nursing home also excelled in our nursing category. In fact, we awarded it a grade of A for that category. Our nursing grade looks at the facility's nurse staffing levels. We factor in both the levels of licensure of those nurses as well as the quantity of hours spent with patients. This nursing home provides 0.4 hours of nursing care per resident per day. Finally, our nursing grades also factor in quality-based assessments, such as avoiding major falls. This place performed well in this area. Avoiding major falls is typically a good indicator that a nursing home has reliable quality controls in place. Major falls can many times be avoided if more nurses aids and better safety protocols are in place.
Long-term Care Quality
Turning to our fourth area, this nursing home was given a strong long-term care score. We awarded it an A- in this category, rounding out a straight A profile. If you are seeking anything other than short-term rehabilitation, you should take a close look at each nursing home's long-term care ratings. After considering the amount of care provided by nurses, we then analyzed the facility's vaccination data. This facility vaccinated 70 percent of its patients for pneumonia. Clearly, this nursing home is doing something right in this area as it also excelled at keeping its residents out of the hospital. It had less than one hospitalization per one thousand long-term resident days, which is an impressively low number.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Willowbrooke Court-Granite Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Willowbrooke Court-Granite, 7.59% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This statistic indicates the percent of long-term patients that suffer from pressure ulcers. Many experts believe that pressure ulcers are an measure of a facility's nursing care quality.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Willowbrooke Court-Granite, 3.37% of Patients had Serious Falls
This indicates the percent of patients who have had a fall which caused serious injury.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Willowbrooke Court-Granite, 1.9% of Patients had UTIs
This tells you the percent of residents who suffered from a urinary tract infection. Urinary tract infections are routinely caused by facilities with lower levels of hygiene. Additional nurse staffing reduces the number of UTI's sustained by residents in a nursing home. We want to point out that this statistic is sometimes skewed by the fact that facilities have incongruent reporting standards for urinary tract infections.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Willowbrooke Court-Granite, 15.54% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This is the percentage of patients who were given antipsychotic medications. These medications may be used for treating several conditions, including Alzheimer's or other dementias.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Willowbrooke Court-Granite, 19.74% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This metric measures the percent of long-term care patients who are prescribed antianxiety medication. These medications are commonly given to patients suffering from anxiety or depression.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Willowbrooke Court-Granite, 3.12% of Patients
This tells you the percentage of residents who are exhibiting depressive symptoms. Higher levels of depression may indicate lower quality care.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Willowbrooke Court-Granite, 88.22% of Patients
This is a measure of the percent of long-term patients who were administered the pneumonia and flu vaccines. Respiratory viruses can be very dangerous for seniors, making these vaccines critical to patient well-being.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Willowbrooke Court-Granite, 14.84% Percentage of Patients
This is a measure of the percentage of long-term residents who required additional assistance with activities of daily living over time. ADL's include activities such as dressing and using the bathroom.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Willowbrooke Court-Granite, 21.64% Percentage of Residents
This indicates the percentage of residents that maintained mobility over time. Retaining mobility can be a great sign for residents' well-being.
In Willowbrooke Court-Granite, 1.31 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
This metric is a measure of the number of times residents are hospitalized per thousand days of patient care. Minimizing hospitalizations is critical to maintaining the physical well-being of patients.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Willowbrooke Court-Granite, 21.64 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This is a measure of the number of rehospitalizations per thousand days of short-term care. Minimizing rehospitalizations during rehabilitation is critical to restoring the health of patients.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Willowbrooke Court-Granite, 8.92 Percentage of Patients
This indicates the number of times residents are sent to the emergency room per 1,000 days of short-term patient care.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Willowbrooke Court-Granite, 72.59% Percentage of Resident
This metric is a measure of the percentage of short-term stay residents that saw functional improvements, such as enhanced ability to perform activities of daily living. Many in the industry believe that this is a measure of a facility's rehabilitation services.
Scores for Media, PA
- Overall Rating has a grade of A
- Nurse Rating has a grade of B-plus
- Long-term Care Rating has a grade of A-minus
- Short-term Care Rating has a grade of A-minus
- Inspection Rating has a grade of A-plus
Looking for more options? Media, Pennsylvania has 4 other nursing homes
- Riddle Memorial HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 1.18 miles away1068 West Baltimore Pike Media Pennsylvania 19063Voluntary non-profit - Private(610) 566-9400
- Chester County HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 9 miles away701 East Marshall Street West Chester Pennsylvania 19380Voluntary non-profit - Private(610) 431-5000
- Delaware County Memorial HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 9.38 miles away501 North Lansdowne Ave Drexel Hill Pennsylvania 19026Voluntary non-profit - Private(215) 284-8100
- Paoli HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 9.66 miles away255 West Lancaster Avenue Paoli Pennsylvania 19301Voluntary non-profit - Private(610) 648-1000
- Mercy Catholic Medical Center- Mercy FitzgeraldAcute Care Hospitals 9.73 miles away1500 Lansdowne Ave Darby Pennsylvania 19023Voluntary non-profit - Private(215) 237-4000
- Main Line Hospital Bryn Mawr CampusAcute Care Hospitals 10.4 miles away130 South Bryn Mawr Ave Bryn Mawr Pennsylvania 19010Voluntary non-profit - Private(610) 526-3000
- Alfred I Dupont Hospital for ChildrenChildrens 10.43 miles away1600 Rockland Rd PO Box 269 Wilmington Delaware 19899Voluntary non-profit - Private(302) 651-4000
- Penn Presbyterian Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 13.68 miles away51 North 39th Street Philadelphia Pennsylvania 19104Voluntary non-profit - Other(215) 662-8000
- Riddle Dialysis Center0.91 miles away100 Granite Drive, Suite 106 Media Pennsylvania 19063CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 16 (610) 892-4701
- Upland Dialysis Center5.19 miles awayProfessional Office Building 2, Suite 120 One Medical Center Boulevard Chester Pennsylvania 19013CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 45 (610) 447-2825
- Bio-Medical Applications of Pennsylvania, Inc.5.25 miles away709 South Chester Road Swarthmore Pennsylvania 19081Dialysis Stations: 16 (610) 541-0468
- Davita - Woodlyn Dialysis6.01 miles away1310 Macdade Blvd. Woodlyn Pennsylvania 19094Dialysis Stations: 16 (610) 833-1713
- Davita Healthcare Partners, Inc.6.05 miles away265 Wilmington West Chester Pike Chadds Ford Pennsylvania 19317Dialysis Stations: 13 (610) 558-6965
- Davita - Broomall Dialysis6.78 miles away2835 W. Chester Pike, Suite 2 Broomall Pennsylvania 19008Dialysis Stations: 15 (610) 356-2719
- Davita - Waverly Dialysis6.87 miles awayWaverly Square 407 Baltimore Pike Morton Pennsylvania 19070CMS Rating: 2 stars Dialysis Stations: 20 (610) 690-1100
- Bio-Medical Applications of Delaware Inc7.25 miles away1417 Foulk Road Wilmington Delaware 19803Dialysis Stations: 12 (302) 479-7130