Willowbrooke Court-Granite is an average-sized non-profit facility located in Media, Pennsylvania. This proved to be an A rated facility. This nursing home was given one of the best ratings we offer. A grade of this caliber requires superb marks across the board. We rated this nursing home as one of the top 100 facilities in Pennsylvania, which is a distinguished list. Headlining this place's exemplary profile is its short-term care score, which you can find in the next section.
- Nursing Home
- Home Health Agency
- Independent Living
- Assisted Living
Updated Jun 1, 2022 by Nick Reese
- Accepts Medicare 1
- No Medicaid 1
- Is CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- Non profit - Corporation
- Offers Hospice
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Offers Outpatient Rehab
- Personal Care
- Medication Management
- Home Making
- Medical Transportation
- Palliative Care
- Nutritional Counseling
Registered Staff Hours
Short-term Care Quality
We also found that this facility excelled in our short-term care rating. We awarded them an impressive grade of A+ in this category. Our short-term care ratings are considered to be more important for folks requiring rehabilitation services. Rehabilitation usually requires more highly-skilled nursing. Skilled nursing means not just nursing services, but also physical and respiratory therapy, as well as other variations of therapy. Fortunately, it appear that this nursing home has registered nurses on staff. Not every nursing home employs these types of nurses. However, according to the information they provided, they do not appear to employ physical therapists. Lastly, we looked at the number of patients that who were able to eventually return home from this facility. We found that 6.8 percent of this nursing home's patients returned home.
This nursing home also received an A+ inspection grade, making it one of the few places to receive multiple A+'s in our category grades. These inspection scores weigh several factors, including deficiencies, substantiated complaints and federal fines. You can learn more about each of these items by obtaining copies of nursing homes' inspection reports. This particular nursing home received 6 deficiencies on its inspection report. Finally, this facility had no substantiated complaints this year from residents, which is an excellent sign.
Does this page answer your questions about Willowbrooke Court-Granite?
Adding to its impressive resume, this nursing home also excelled in our nursing category. In fact, we awarded it a grade of A- for that category. In determining a nursing home's nursing grade, we weigh the quantity of hours nurses spend with patients and the level of licensure of the nurses. This nursing home provides 0.4 hours of nursing care per resident per day. Finally, our nursing grades also factor in quality-based assessments, such as avoiding major falls. This nursing home performed well in this area. Avoiding major falls is typically a good indicator that a facility has reliable quality controls in place. Major falls can frequently be avoided if more nurses aids and better safety protocols are in place.
Long-term Care Quality
The fourth area we scored is long-term care, where this nursing home received a grade of A-. This completed a first-rate profile. Only a select few nursing homes received an A- or higher in every single category. If you are looking for anything other than rehabilitation, you should take a close look at long-term care grades. After considering the amount of care provided by aids and other staff, we next considered the nursing home's vaccination records. This nursing home vaccinated 74.534164 percent of its patients against pneumonia, which happens to be a bit below what we expected but still a reasonably acceptable percentage. Clearly, this nursing home is doing something right in this area as it also excelled at keeping its residents out of the hospital. It had only 0.01 hospitalizations per 1,000 long-term resident days, which is a remarkably low figure.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Willowbrooke Court-Granite Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Willowbrooke Court-Granite, 7.72% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This metric indicates the percentage of long-term residents that suffered from pressure ulcers. We have found that pressure ulcers are a solid barometer of a facility's nursing care quality.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Willowbrooke Court-Granite, 3.42% of Patients had Serious Falls
This statistic indicates the percent of long-term patients that suffered falls leading to severe injury. Falls can arise for a variety of reasons, but high rates of falls resulting in injuries could be an indication of lower levels of patient supervision.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Willowbrooke Court-Granite, 1.92% of Patients had UTIs
This indicates the percent of patients that suffered from a urinary tract infection. UTI's are considered by many in the nursing home industry to be a measure of nursing care at a nursing home. UTI's are routinely caused by a facility with lower levels of hygiene. Nevertheless, this metric may be skewed for certain facilities due to varying reporting standards for urinary tract infections.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Willowbrooke Court-Granite, 15.49% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This is the percentage of patients who were given antipsychotic medications. These medications may be used for treating several conditions, including Alzheimer's or other dementias.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Willowbrooke Court-Granite, 19.89% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This metric measures the percent of long-term care patients who are prescribed antianxiety medication. These medications are commonly given to patients suffering from anxiety or depression.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Willowbrooke Court-Granite, 3.23% of Patients
This tells you the percentage of residents who are exhibiting depressive symptoms. Higher levels of depression may indicate lower quality care.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Willowbrooke Court-Granite, 88.5% of Patients
This is a measure of the percent of long-term patients who were administered the pneumonia and flu vaccines. Respiratory viruses can be very dangerous for seniors, making these vaccines critical to patient well-being.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Willowbrooke Court-Granite, 15.28% Percentage of Patients
This is a measure of the percentage of long-term residents who required additional assistance with activities of daily living over time. ADL's include activities such as dressing and using the bathroom.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Willowbrooke Court-Granite, 23.65% Percentage of Residents
This indicates the percentage of residents that maintained mobility over time. Retaining mobility can be a great sign for residents' well-being.
In Willowbrooke Court-Granite, 1.24 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
This metric is a measure of the number of times residents are hospitalized per thousand days of patient care. Minimizing hospitalizations is critical to maintaining the physical well-being of patients.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Willowbrooke Court-Granite, 23.65 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This is a measure of the number of rehospitalizations per thousand days of short-term care. Minimizing rehospitalizations during rehabilitation is critical to restoring the health of patients.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Willowbrooke Court-Granite, 8.84 Percentage of Patients
This indicates the number of times residents are sent to the emergency room per 1,000 days of short-term patient care.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Willowbrooke Court-Granite, 72.22% Percentage of Resident
This metric is a measure of the percentage of short-term stay residents that saw functional improvements, such as enhanced ability to perform activities of daily living. Many in the industry believe that this is a measure of a facility's rehabilitation services.
Scores for Media, PA
- Overall Rating has a grade of A-minus
- Nurse Rating has a grade of B-plus
- Long-term Care Rating has a grade of A-minus
- Short-term Care Rating has a grade of B-plus
- Inspection Rating has a grade of A-plus
Looking for more options? Media, Pennsylvania has 4 other nursing homes
- Riddle Memorial HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 1.18 miles away1068 West Baltimore Pike Media Pennsylvania 19063Voluntary non-profit - Private(610) 566-9400
- Chester County HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 9 miles away701 East Marshall Street West Chester Pennsylvania 19380Voluntary non-profit - Private(610) 431-5000
- Delaware County Memorial HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 9.38 miles away501 North Lansdowne Ave Drexel Hill Pennsylvania 19026Voluntary non-profit - Private(215) 284-8100
- Paoli HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 9.66 miles away255 West Lancaster Avenue Paoli Pennsylvania 19301Voluntary non-profit - Private(610) 648-1000
- Mercy Catholic Medical Center- Mercy FitzgeraldAcute Care Hospitals 9.73 miles away1500 Lansdowne Ave Darby Pennsylvania 19023Voluntary non-profit - Private(215) 237-4000
- Main Line Hospital Bryn Mawr CampusAcute Care Hospitals 10.4 miles away130 South Bryn Mawr Ave Bryn Mawr Pennsylvania 19010Voluntary non-profit - Private(610) 526-3000
- Alfred I Dupont Hospital for ChildrenChildrens 10.43 miles away1600 Rockland Rd PO Box 269 Wilmington Delaware 19899Voluntary non-profit - Private(302) 651-4000
- Penn Presbyterian Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 13.68 miles away51 North 39th Street Philadelphia Pennsylvania 19104Voluntary non-profit - Other(215) 662-8000
- Riddle Dialysis Center0.91 miles away100 Granite Drive, Suite 106 Media Pennsylvania 19063CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 16 (610) 892-4701
- Upland Dialysis Center5.19 miles awayProfessional Office Building 2, Suite 120 One Medical Center Boulevard Chester Pennsylvania 19013CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 45 (610) 447-2825
- Bio-Medical Applications of Pennsylvania, Inc.5.25 miles away709 South Chester Road Swarthmore Pennsylvania 19081Dialysis Stations: 16 (610) 541-0468
- Davita - Woodlyn Dialysis6.01 miles away1310 Macdade Blvd. Woodlyn Pennsylvania 19094Dialysis Stations: 16 (610) 833-1713
- Davita Healthcare Partners, Inc.6.05 miles away265 Wilmington West Chester Pike Chadds Ford Pennsylvania 19317Dialysis Stations: 13 (610) 558-6965
- Davita - Broomall Dialysis6.78 miles away2835 W. Chester Pike, Suite 2 Broomall Pennsylvania 19008Dialysis Stations: 15 (610) 356-2719
- Davita - Waverly Dialysis6.87 miles awayWaverly Square 407 Baltimore Pike Morton Pennsylvania 19070CMS Rating: 2 stars Dialysis Stations: 20 (610) 690-1100
- Bio-Medical Applications of Delaware Inc7.25 miles away1417 Foulk Road Wilmington Delaware 19803Dialysis Stations: 12 (302) 479-7130